Firefly **Serenity Spoilers**

Discuss the show, your fav characters/couples, any spoilers...everything about your OTHER favourite show. Please remember when you're posting spoilers to title them so those who don't want to be spoiled don't accidentally read them.

Moderators: ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

Ellie
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Ellie »

Hey dmarttx, wanna go see "Serenity" together? :lol: Or maybe we shouldn't, we'll be talking about it enough as is. I dunno if we could stand each other outside work! :P

-Ellie

Check out my Supernatural ficlet it's finally done!:oops:
clarkkent179
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by clarkkent179 »

Just recently started posting here, and glad I stumbled across this thread.

I'm sure you all are aware, but just in case, if you're a Firefly fan, you should be a registered member HERE. It's the official news/posting board site for official Browncoats - of which I am a proud member.

I wasn't able to snag a ticket to any of the advance fan screenings for Serenity, but I know I'm personally taking the 30th off work in order to see the earliest show possible, and will probably see the film 3 or 4 times that day.

The initial, opening week box-office for Serenity is vitally important, as most of the die-hards will show up for support, but the overall appeal beyond that, to a general moviegoing audience, is somewhat limited. The mainstream marketing campaign hasn't been huge, as Universal allowed a relatively minimal $45 million production budget anyway, so word-of-mouth appeal will also be a large part of Serenity's potential success.

If you have any friends who know anything at all about Firefly, or even if they are just Joss fans, or general science fiction followers, urge them to see Serenity - more than once, if possible. Worldwide, the film really only needs to make it's money back in order for the sequels in Universal's 3 picture deal to become a reality. And these characters in Joss's world deserve the opportunity to be more thoroughly explored.

"We have done the impossible, and that makes us mighty"
CLICK on Kristen for the re-vamped -->Wicked-Insanity<-- c'mon, you know you wanna...
DMartinez
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by DMartinez »

My plan is to go to the first showing on friday, take a nap, last showing, then again on saturday... and possibly sunday.... setting aside the cash for it now. '-)
Ellie
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Ellie »

Same here, my family has already bought advance tickets for the movie. I have the next day off and have told everyone I know. We're having an opening night party so we all eat(Chinese :wink: ) before we traipse off to see the movie. And we're looking up the words to the "Man They Call Jane" song, though I don't really sing so I'm not too sure about doing the last bit. :oops: It's gonna be a blast. :lol:

-Ellie

Believer2
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Believer2 »

Hey guys - I just received the companion book that goes with the movie! No spoilers except to say that some of the pics from the movie look sooooo awesome! I can not wait to see the movie!!!!
I'm a believer!
DMartinez
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by DMartinez »

Jayne! The man they call Jayne!

He robbed from the rich and he gave to the poor
stood up to the man and he have him what for
our love for him now ain't hard to explain
the hero of Canton the man they call Jayne

Our Jayne saw the mudders' backs breakin', He saw the mudders' lament.
And he saw the Magistrate takin' every dollar and leavin' five cents.
So he said "You can't do that to my people."
He said "You can't crush them under your heel."
So Jayne strapped on his hat
and in 5 seconds flat
stole everythin' Boss Higgins had to steal.

the hero of Canton the man they call Jayne

Now here is what separates heroes from common folk like you and I.
The man they call Jayne he turned 'round his plane
and let that money hit sky.
He dropped it onto our houses he dropped it into our yards.
The man they called Jayne he stole away our pain
and headed out for the stars!

the hero of Canton the man they call Jayne!

okay... so I'm a geek.
Ellie
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Ellie »

:shock: :lol: LMAO! You rock! Thank you.

-Ellie

cookiely
Addicted Roswellian

Post by cookiely »

My sister made me watch the first few episodes since she is a huge fan of Firefly and has already attended two prescreenings.
:shock: and I have to say I actually like it even though the theme seems to be strange at the beginning :D after a few episodes I actually started humming the theme song

and now I am looking forward to see the movie :? and propably have to wait until Nov 5 until I see the movie
:? which makes me believe that my sister is evil and revels in seeing me sqirm
Kzinti_Killer
Administrator

Post by Kzinti_Killer »

Missus KK bought the DVDs and made me sit down and watch them all. As a hard SF fan I liked them a lot. Though I seem to remember that I was ticked at Joss, back when it was on the air, for starting the new show and dropping the ball on Bufffy and Angel.....especially Angel, so I refused to watch. The Missus and I have a date to see Serenity, several times. I'm kind of curious to see what the critics meant by "no character is safe".

Laters,
Rick
Dragons, Ogres, & Pretty Boy Lawyers Slain, Reasonable Rates, Call After 5:00 At 1-900-OhMyGodWhatWereTheyThinkingOf

"Fan fiction is a way of the culture repairing the damage done in a system where contemporary myths are owned by corporations instead of owned by the folk."
-- Henry Jenkins
Ellie
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Ellie »

Possible Spoiler Alert!

I think I read somewhere that one of the main characters dies in the movie. Maybe to keep from being spoiled Joss screened several alternate endings.
End Spoiler Alert.

I agree with you KK about Joss dropping the ball with Angel and Buffy(*cough*BlackThorns, and multiple Slayers!*cough,cough*) but I think it was because Firefly was a new toy and better than any other before it. IMHO :P He wanted to get it out of that box and play with it. :wink:

Just ten more days 'til our Big Bamn Movie comes out. I'm so excited! :D

-Ellie