English thread 2

The place for non-Americans to talk about the show and everything else.

Moderators: Island Breeze, Forum Moderators

Favourite Reality Show?

Dancing on Ice
20%
Strictly Come Dancing
20%
Big Brother
28%
Im a Celebrity, Get me out of here
16%
Fame Academy
No votes
X Factor
16%

Total votes: 25

rie482
Addicted Roswellian

Post by rie482 »

I want Pete to win - but I have a feeling it may all be for the wrong reasons. I hope they do if for his personality rather than his illness.

EEEEEEEEEEEEK! Anyone else out there doing A levels?!?! They are out exactly a week today!!! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK
whether I die tomorrow or fifty years from now, my destiny is still the same: it's you.
Queen Fee
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Queen Fee »

Oh good luck for next week with A level results everyone. I'm not in that situation cos i left school at 16 but if i'd stayed on it'd be my time too. I'm sending positive vibes to everyone woo woo woo. Your right i hope Pete doesn't win cos of his tourrettes he deserves to win cos he's a sweetie.x
rie482
Addicted Roswellian

Post by rie482 »

so yeah...!!! I didn't the B I wanted - but - I GOT IN!!!!!!!! I'm off to bathspa baby!!! *happy dance*
whether I die tomorrow or fifty years from now, my destiny is still the same: it's you.
madroswellfan
Roswell Fanatic
Location: In a remote University doing Maths....I'm not called Mad for nothing!

Post by madroswellfan »

Ooh well done Rie :D

I got into Royal Holloway :D Yay!
Got an AABC. Disappointed with the C as it was the one I thought I would do well in! lool

Also means I dont get my 1000 a year schollarship if i get 3 A's but.....oh well...... I'll just get a bigger loan :P Yay lol

Holloway here I come :D
rie482
Addicted Roswellian

Post by rie482 »

well done honey!!! :D

*happy dance*
Heavenli24
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Heavenli24 »

Congratulations, guys :D !!!

Well done for getting the grades you needed for uni.

madroswellfan - you got the same grades I did at A-level (except my C was in General Studies, cos we only had to take 3 subjects back then)! Like you, I just missed out on a £1000-a-year scholarship because I didn't get the 3rd A (I was less than 1% off it in Maths!). Good luck at Royal Hollaway :) .

rie482 - Congrats on getting in to Bath Spa - you'll be pretty near me next year - I'm going to Bristol Uni (I changed my mind about Leeds), although I live in Bristol anyway :roll: .
rie482
Addicted Roswellian

Post by rie482 »

cool :) I'll be just on the out skirts of Bristol - my accommodation is off capus.
madroswellfan
Roswell Fanatic
Location: In a remote University doing Maths....I'm not called Mad for nothing!

Post by madroswellfan »

Heavenli24 - Ah cool! My C was in Music. I spent ALL year making this song up and my teacher said it was wonderful and I didnt need to improve it as I would get 75+ EASY.

I got 41/100 :o :shock:

And the other people in my class? The same scores or lower.

*Is not impressed with our teacher!*
rie482
Addicted Roswellian

Post by rie482 »

It maybe the examiner. My english went down from a B to a C and I know I worked my arse off for the one exam that I did badly in. I knew the stuff inside out.

I'm not saying my teachers were fantastic, but for the last few years most of the students in their class were getting higher grades - some getting full marks. There is no way in hell our top students (A graders) were getting D's in this exam. I say there was a complete f**k up with our exams. We've had it before (we all got a fixed grade with the exact same mark of 36 when we took the exam on the Handmaids tale, forcing us all to retake.) and say it happened again.

So I would say that ur song is probably worthy of a higher grade and i suggest it is still wonderful.

*breathes* There. Rant over :P
Queen Fee
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Queen Fee »

Congrats youz guys! I can't help but wonder what i would have got if i'd have taken them hmm.....
My friends did well though apart from 1 but she still got into the uni she wanted. Have a drink to celebrate for me guys!x