When the heck IS Max's birthday anyway? The Roscanon thread

Have a challenge you'd like to see written? Have an idea that just won't get out of your head? Want to talk anything and everything fanfic or writer related? This is the place.

Moderators: ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

cardinalgirl
Addicted Roswellian

Post by cardinalgirl »

There was also Agent John Stevens, (Toby from the West Wing), the guy who told Valenti there was nothing to the Crashdown-shooting story, who Topolsky said in Crazy had been killed by Pierce.
majiklmoon
Addicted Roswellian

Post by majiklmoon »

girl afraid wrote:
elodie wrote:So I was watching season 1 with my boyfriend, who is an absolute music geek. He pointed out the posters in Max and Isabel's rooms. So I figure we could start a list of the canon music that they like.

Max: Counting Crows (duh), Sunny Day Real Estate
Isabel: Sebadoh
Michael: Metallica
Liz: Sheryl Crow to an extent I guess
Maria: Christina Aguilera? Alanis Morrissette probably (she said she considered herself more of an Alanis than a Celine)

And that's all I can think of off the top of my head. Anything else to add? Who did that song that Max and Liz listened to in Blood Brother?
As well as Staind, Michael also had a Kurt Cobain poster on his apartment wall so it's safe to say that he was probably a Nirvana fan too.
Ivy was also in the dream that Alex had that Isabel dream walked (I think it was Ivy) AND, Maria got all excited when Ivy's bus broke down and she got them to play Isabel's wedding. Also, Maria was excited to see Nelly Furtado at Las Cruses
StarGazing101
Addicted Roswellian

Post by StarGazing101 »

The band in Isabel's dreamwalk of Alex was Save Ferris.
majiklmoon
Addicted Roswellian

Post by majiklmoon »

StarGazing101 wrote:The band in Isabel's dreamwalk of Alex was Save Ferris.
yeah, I knew that, i was just testing you :lol: :oops: :oops: :oops:

duh...I actually DID know that..what was I THINKING???
girl afraid
Addicted Roswellian

Post by girl afraid »

I guess we could also add Beth Orton to Alex and/or Isabel's tastes in music, since he bought those tickets before he died.
it's better to rise than fade away.
Chrisken
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Chrisken »

Okay, here's a question with some speculation in it, because I don't think it was ever spelled out in the episodes, but I'd like to hear people's opinions. Laurie's "uncle Bobby and aunt Merideth" - what was their relationship to granpa Charles? The most obvious possibilties that I can see:

a) Bobby was Charles' son and Merideth his daughter. (Thus, they're brother and sister.)

b) Bobby was Charles' son and Merideth is Bobby's wife, Charles' daughter-in-law.

c) Merideth is Charles' daughter and Bobby is her husband, Charles' son-in-law.

And a bonus question about the Dupree family - Charles would be Laurie's paternal grandfather, right? Otherwise they wouldn't have the same last name. I'm pretty certain of that, but thought it couldn't hurt to ask. :)
Read my other roswell stories!

"A man does not make his destiny: he accepts it or denies it. If the Rowan tree's roots are shallow, it bears no crown." From 'the farthest shore', Ursula LeGuin.

Roslover39
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Roslover39 »

Question:

Is there a ship for Lonnie/Alex? If there is, what is it?

Bonus Question: :lol:

Why are Lonnie fans called Juliets, it seems that
Liz fans should have been called that because of the Crashdown
balcony. :roll: :?

By French Dreamer

"Evans, take it from someone who has seen way too many telegrams go out to newly widowed wives. In the long run it's best to travel as light as you can, if you know what I mean." Jim Valenti

Coming Soon!
Chrisken
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Chrisken »

Roslover39 wrote:

I see on a few lists that Lonnie/Alex has been dubbed 'wallpaper'. (At least one other list said that 'there'd never been a name' for them.)

As far as the Juliet thing, it's probably because Vilandra fell in love with someone who was the enemy of her family.
Read my other roswell stories!

"A man does not make his destiny: he accepts it or denies it. If the Rowan tree's roots are shallow, it bears no crown." From 'the farthest shore', Ursula LeGuin.

punkrock_dreamer
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by punkrock_dreamer »

Chrisken wrote:
Roslover39 wrote:

I see on a few lists that Lonnie/Alex has been dubbed 'wallpaper'. (At least one other list said that 'there'd never been a name' for them.)

As far as the Juliet thing, it's probably because Vilandra fell in love with someone who was the enemy of her family.
I always thought it was because of the lie she told Phillip about the school play.
Misha
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Misha »

Yeah, that sounds more reasonable... That it was because of the play, "And my daughter is playing Juliet?" That's what Phillip said...

And to answer Chrisken's question, here's what was showed in Disturbing Behavior:

MEREDITH: Oh. Typical is more like it. Daddy always did have that wandering eye. Looks like he just wandered off the marital reservation and left us all a little surprise, hmm?

[...]

MICHAEL: Guerin. Michael Guerin. Look. Your daughter's been--

MEREDITH Niece. She's our niece, Mr. Guerin.

[...]

MEREDITH: Mm. So someone finally put her away, hmm? Did the aliens chase her there, too? You know, aliens are chasing our family, Mr. Guerin. Don't stay too long. They might get you, too.

So, it sounds to me like they are brother and sister, or at least that Meredith was Charle's daughter. And Charles was definitely Laurie's grandfather from her father's side.

:D

Misha
"There's addiction, and there's Roswell!"