Crash....Teen....MM,AI,ML....AU 3/25 PT7[WIP]

This is the place where fics that have not been updated in the past three months will be moved until the author asks a mod to move them back to an active board.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, truelovepooh, Forum Moderators

BlondeDramaQueen
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Crash....Teen....MM,AI,ML....AU 3/25 PT7[WIP]

Post by BlondeDramaQueen »

Title: Crash
Author: Blonde Drama Queen
Rating:teen
Summary: Maria, Liz, Tess and Isabel are in a world famous girl band, Crash. Maria is the main talent but is pushed aside because her looks don't match what the company wants, Liz is thrust into the spotlight by her parents who do not care that she doesn't want to be in the industry, Isabel wants to have a normal life, and Tess is out to cause trouble! There will be plenty of couple action!

AN: This is Challange #47 by nibbles2. I'd like to thank To Kiss A Frog for the banner, its great!

Stickwitu by Crash
ooooooo ooooooooooo
C'mon

I don't wanna go another day
So I'm telling you exactly what is on my mind
Seems like everybody's breaking up
And throwing their love away
But I know I got a good thing right here
That's why i say:

Nobody gonna love me better
I must stickwitu
Forever
Nobody gonna take me higher
I must stickwitu (mmmmmm)
You know how to 'preciate me
I must stickwitu
My baby
Nobody ever made me feel this way
I must stickwitu

I don't wanna go another day
So I'm telling you exactly what is on my mind
See the way we ride
In our private lives
Ain't nobody getting in between
I want you to know that you're the only one for me
And I say

I must stickwitu
Forever
I must stickwitu
I must stickwitu
My baby
I must stickwitu

Hey babe----this should be 'and now'
Ain't nothing else I could need (nothing else I could need)
Hey babe----this should be 'and now'
I'm singing 'cause you're so, so into me
I got you
We'll be making love endlessly
I'm with you
(baby), i'm with you
(baby), you're with me
(baby) you're with me
higher

So don't you worry about
People hanging around
They ain't bringing us down
I know you and you know me
And that's all that counts (hhheeeyyy)
So don't you worry about
People hanging around
They ain't bringing us down
I know you and you know me
And that's ,that's why I say(Hey)

I must stickwitu
Forever
I must stickwitu
I must stickwitu
My baby
I must stickwitu

I must stickwitu
Forever
I must stickwitu
I must stickwitu
My baby
I must stickwitu

“That was horrible!” Jeffery Parker barked, slamming his fist on the recording booth’s window. “We are going to stay here all night until you can get this right.”

The girls who had just put all their efforts into the song looked at each other. They had already recorded the song five times. The other members of the staff had thought the song was great, but when it came to over zealous manager nothing was right.

The magazines and radio stations loved the group. They were the next big thing, think N’SYNC when they hit it big. Their albums sold out in every country, they had dolls made to resemble them, and they constantly were on the cover of magazines. The biggest girl band out of the United States, Crash. The name originated by their first single.

The group consisted of four girls; Liz, Maria, Isabel and Tess. They were assembled by their manager, Jeffery Parker; three years before they hit it big. Jeffery hand picked the girls to work alongside his daughter Liz, whom he was building the group around. It did not matter to Jeffery that Liz had no interest in being a singer; he saw it as a way to make money. The one thing Jeffery lived for was making money, so what he had to use his daughter is the process, he made up for it by taking care of her, he knew that one day his daughter would be thanking him for all the work he did to make her a star.

“Alright girls.” Maria Deluca said turning from her microphone to face the other girls, “One last time, will give it all we’ve got.”

The other girls nodded in agreement. They did not want to be sitting in the recording booth for another five hours. Spending most of their time in the studio and the other time on stage they were constantly being watched and scrutinized. They did not have any privacy, and what’s worse they were being controlled by a bunch of CEO’s that they had never met.

The girls were young when they started out, 16-18. They did not know anything about the music industry or signing contracts. Today the girls 23-25 they were still paying for the contracts that they had signed into. They received next to nothing on the sales made on the albums, trivial things like whom they dated and who they were friends with had to be approved by the studio, and they had to work endlessly. The group did receive three day off a month, and then they were never really free to be themselves because one wrong move could have them in a lawsuit.

After years of being with the group the girls were tired. They had missed out on simple things like Prom, graduation, college, and just hanging out. As each day passed and the groups popularity grew they wanted out.

AN: Its not long, and I actually cut off the end of chapter one to see if anyone thinks I should continue. If so I'll end up posting more, the first couple parts I need to get the general background in before I can start with the main story! Hopefully you guys liked the Intro!
Last edited by BlondeDramaQueen on Sun Mar 25, 2007 7:34 am, edited 11 times in total.
BlondeDramaQueen
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Part 1

Part 1.

Everbody's going to war--Maria Deluca
I've got a friend,he's a pure-bred killing machine
He says he's waited his whole damn life for this
I knew him well when he was 17
Now he's a man who'd be dead by christmas and,

So,Everybody's gone to war
But we don't know what we're fighting for
don't tell me it's a worthy cause
no cause could be so worthy
Love is a drug, I guess we're all sober
If hope was a song, I guess it's all over
How can I have faith when faith is a cry
I don't want to die
If that's all one side then god is a joker
He sleeps on the job
His chill will fall over
I got through the door and straight to the sky
I don't want to die

Every man who wants to rule the world
Will be a man who just wants to be free
What do we learn and how mutch have we learnt?
A way to find a cure for this disease

I don't want to die
He sleeps on the job
His chill will fall over
I don't want to die

I,I,I,I I,I,I,I don't want to die
Oh, I don't want to die

I don't want to die
He sleeps on the job
His chill will fall over
I don't want to die

I,I,I,I I,I,I,I don't want to die
Oh, I don't want to die

I've got a friend,he's a pure-bred killing machine,
I think he might be dead by christmas

Maria Deluca quietly sat in her Hollywood mansion, although not in Hollywood because no celebrities lived their anymore, she lived in Malibu, which was the “it” place. She was sitting in the middle of her private recording studio, working on songs for her own solo album. It was pointless though, every time she went to the studio and asked to be granted a solo song they refused her, their reasoning was because her looks were not that of an international solo artist. That is how she had got put in with the band Crash. She remembered it like it was yesterday, when in actuality it was seven years ago.

“Miss Delusia” The man started, Maria did not even bother to correct him. After all she was sitting in front of Harry Preston, the man who turned no bodies into icons. “Let me just say on behalf of the record label we loved your music. We think you would do wonders in the music industry, however, your just don’t have the face that can sell millions.”

Maria nodded numbly, she was seventeen, she knew that she was no homecoming queen in the looks department but hearing someone has powerful as Harry Preston say it was very painful.

“We don’t want to let a talent such as yourself go to waste, that is why we would like to offer you the opportunity to work in a all girl band that we are currently producing. You of course would be lead vocals, but not the face of the group, the other girls are much prettier then you so we will choice one of them to be the main focus. We will get in touch with your agent in the morning to discuss a contract.”

And with that Maria was shuffled out of the office before she could even reply.

Now here she was a singer/songwriter to a hit band. And like Preston had said she was not the face of the group, her band mate Liz Parker was. Maria resented that, and she was sure the other girls in the group did to. Maria knew the only reason that Liz was even in the group was because of her father, who Maria later found out, was Harry Preston’s cousin. Maria built up a lot of resentment towards her group members, often they were on the magazine covers while she made it on the inside of the cover, a la Desperate Housewives in the Vanity Fair cover. She was the reason the group was platinum in four countries, it was her lyrics and vocals that the fans loved.

“Writing another song I see.”

Maria’s boyfriend said coming up behind her. She was in such a deep thought that she did not even hear him come in. Michael Guerin, legendary bad boy and lead singer of his own rock band. It was a well guarded secret that Maria and Michael were dating, none of their respective band members even knew of the union. This being because of Michael’s bad boy and his constant partying, and Maria having to portray the image of a squeaky clean artist; both record companies had decided that any relationship between the two was to be banned.

“I have an interview with Preston in the morning; there is a chance that I will get to do a solo with an undisclosed rapper if I convince them I have the talent to go solo.”

Both knew that Maria had the talent; they also knew the ass that Preston was, and knew that no matter how many mock auditions that Maria did she would never be able to do a solo with her record label.

“I heard.” Michael said looking at her; his facial expressions instantly alarmed Maria.

“What’s wrong?”

“Kyle heard through the “undisclosed rapper” about the audition, and he thinks we should make fun of it in our next song.”

Maria was shocked. She was getting annoyed with Michael’s band and their constant need to make fun of her and her band. The songs had been going on before she and Michael and formally met, and once they decided to have a relationship Michael had to continue writing songs that were mean. He did not want to arouse suspicion as to why he had decided to not make fun of them, seeing as how those songs launched his career.

“You know I don’t want to, right?”

Of course Maria knew that he did not want to, He would give her a final copy of the song before it was talked about by the tabloids, but it didn’t make her feel better.

“I just want it to stop.” She said composing herself, she had vowed not to let any one make her cry. “I don’t want to only be known as a girl band member. I want to be able to make my own music without having the record label change the wording; I want people to know that I am talented.”

Michael looked at her sympathetically. He knew how much Maria wanted to be a solo artist. He knew that no other label would pick her up because of her current contract, which has a clause stating that she was unable to pursue another label or both the label she was pursuing and Maria would be sued. No one ever went against her label.

“Do you want to go to the Valley?” Michael asked, he knew the one place to cheer Maria up was some time being normal in San Bernardino Valley, a place located close to all Hollywood hotspots, and yet no one of any fame traveled there. That was the reason they went there a lot. They were able to be a couple, and the paparazzi would not be bothering them. They traveled to the valley a lot, or as often as they could when they were either not on tour or producing an album.

Maria nodded and put down her sheet music that she was editing. She needed to clear her head. She did not know how much longer she was going to be able to sing pop music before she was ready just to move back home to Oregon. She did love her band mates like sisters, but she was tired of feeling like the step child in there happy family.

Little did Maria realize that her band mates were not as happy as they seemed, and were even hiding secrets bigger then hers.

AN: In the intro the song was by the Pussycat dolls, the song in chapter one is by Nerina Pallot, it is a really great song and I incourage everyone to listen!
BlondeDramaQueen
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Part 2

Part 2

AN: So I did find time to update! I've looked over the suggestions and I will end up putting up the M/M meeting, not in the next part but in the part after. Part three is going to be dealing with Liz, and guess who she'll meet, oh yea Max! After that I am hoping to get back into having them all be in the same part and not just focusing on each character individually. Let me know what you think!
THANKS FOR THE FEEDBACK!

Only child, lonely one,
Trying to ast like his father's son.
Make him proud though he sometimes fails,
Locked up, living in a jail.
Help me now, help me now,
God I feel misunderstood.
Trust me now, trust me now,
Who I am is good.
Who I used to be ain't what I am,
If you walked inside my shoes, then you would understand.
Who I am - You wonder, who I am - I wonder,
Who I am, just who I am.
When I lost is what I learned,
When the road took a crooked turn.
Wore the face of I just don't care,
That piece of me just disappeared.
Help me now, help me now,
Find some hope inside myself.
Reaching down,
Finding out who's hiding in this shell.
Who I am - I wonder, who I am - I wonder,
Who I am, who I am.
Somehow I got to find a mirror,
To make the stranger clearer.
All I wanna be is who I am.
Reaching down, finding out,
I still feel misunderstood.
Trust me now, trust me now,
Who I am is good.
Who I am - You wonder, who I am - I wonder,
Who I am, it's who I am.
Who I am, who I am, who I am.

Isabel Stevens swayed in her seat to the music that filtered out her I-pod. The song represented her life, how she felt, and gave her hope.She felt the eyes of the occupant in the seat next to her studying her so she stopped swaying. She didn’t want to attract attention to herself; if she did someone was bound to recognize her. She sat back in the seat and pulled the baseball cap lower on her face, she knew it was lame in the disguise department but it was a last minute flight and she really wanted to go to LA to visit her boyfriend, errr friend. They really weren’t dating exclusively because she was only in LA once every couple of months.

She had been happy when she found out Tess had strep and was unable to be in the studio, mainly because she couldn’t stand the girl and also because she would have a few days off in which she could be normal. She had resisted the urge to dance around her condo and instead through together a suit case of her “normal” clothes and booked the first flight out.

Alex had more then happy to rearrange his schedule to pick her up from the airport. He was probably the one guy on earth who did not know who she was, well he knew who she was but he did not know that she was in a world famous band and that she often posed for magazines in hardly any clothes.

Isabel broke out into a goofy grin when she thought of Alex.

“I can’t do this anymore! Do they not understand that I am the star of this group! I am sick of staying in these ratty hotels because my manager wants to pocket extra money! I am the only reason this group is successful, I mean I am the only one that can sing, I am the hottest!...”

Isabel rolled her eyes and quietly left her hotel room. She did not know how much more of Tess she could handle. The girl had been going on for hours to someone about how she carried the group and how she had to stay in a three star hotel.

Isabel was not happy about having to share a room with Tess. Tess had been Isabel’s first friend in the band. They had bonded over being from New York and past experiences. Now Isabel just tolerated her, for the sake of the group. She knew Tess was the one who sold her story about her abusive boyfriend to ‘Star’ magazine. Tess had been the only person who knew about that part of her life, she hadn’t even told her parents. Isabel would have rather shared a room with Maria or at least Liz.

“Excuse me!” Isabel was startled out of her thoughts as a man dressed like someone off star trek came up behind her, Pointy ears and all. Isabel forced a smile and suppressed a groan. She really wasn’t in the mood for autograph seekers.

“Yes?”

“Do you know where the sci-fi convention is located? I know it’s on the third floor but I can’t find the room.”

Isabel starred at the man. He did not seem to recognize her. A first, because everyone boy over the age of 12 recognized her from the magazines she posed for, Jeff’s brilliant idea to promote the group when they were starting up.

“You know what, nevermind. I’ll just go ask someone in the front office.” The man lowered his head and started to walk toward the elevator. Isabel after all had been starring at him like he had three eyes.

“No wait!” Isabel cried hurrying to catch up to him. If he did not know who she was she was going to use it to her advantage. “I’ll help you find it.”

“Thanks!” The guys face lit up. “I’m Alex Whitman.” He stuck out his hand.

“Isabel Green.” Isabel said shaking his hand.

Isabel had accompanied him to the sci-fi convention, and hours later they had exchanged numbers and promises to visit. That was two years ago and several visits later.

Isabel felt horrible about lying to Alex about her life and her name. But she did not want to ruin their relationship because of who she was. Which had happened many times in the past, people who realize who she was and used her to further their career.

She only lied about her job and last name; she was truthful about everything else. She told him about her dream to be a social worker, something she had not be able to pursue after she dropped out of Michigan State when the record company demanded it. Of course she left out parts of her stories that were affected by the record company and her profession. Alex thinks she’s a normal girl, working as an air stewardess until she saves up enough money to go back to school.

She couldn’t just come out and say, “Hi, my name is Isabel Stevens, I’m a world famous singer, but don’t worry I’m just a normal person.” Yeah, right. Alex was such a nice guy, but even nice guys do not want to get brought into the drama associated with her life.

The plane landed and Isabel quickly walked toward where Alex would be. But before she got there her cell phone started to ring.

“Hello?”
“Iz, It’s Maria. I hate to do this but you need to get back here in the next couple of hours, turns out Tess is fine now and Jeff wants us to start recording.”
“Oh. Um I’ll see what I can do.”
“I guess I’ll see you in a couple of hours. Bye.”
“Bye.”

Isabel wanted to scream and throw her phone down. Of course Tess was fine now, after Isabel had spent all morning getting a plane to LA on such short notice. She had to be at the studio if not she would get fired. Although that would not be such a bad thing, the company owned her and if she was to get fired all the money she made would go back to them. The only reason she stayed was because the money she made supported her family.

“Hey!” Alex appeared next to her, goof grin and all. When he saw her face his grin immediately subsided. “What’s wrong?”

Isabel didn’t respond, she quickly went and hugged Alex. Feeling his arms wrap around her she started to cry. It was getting harder and harder for her to leave Alex, after she visited him. He was the one person outside of her family that truly cared about her and knew the real her.

She was tempted to just stay in Alex’s arms and tell Jeff to fuck off. But she couldn’t, she had to pay for Zan’s hospital bills, and there was no way she could do that without her paychecks from the record label.

“I have to go back, another stewardess got sick and I’m needed the first flight out.”

Funny how the lies came easy to her now.
BlondeDramaQueen
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Chapter 3....

Part 3

Obsession
I wanna be
The everything you need
The every sight you see
The closest thing to epidemic
Slightly your disease
A love without a cure
No uncertains for sure
The closest thing to alcohol
That calls you back for more

Your sensual touch
It's all too much
Unbearing lover
My obsession
I speak your tone
Dance to your song
My confession
Of my obsession

It's fearful when i
Replay over life
No existing night
Feels like this one
I feel your presence
Underrates romance
No fear, you're my one, slight obsession

You stand beside
And everything resides
Every surrounding fights
To fall into the moment, take their seats into the night
An inexperienced heart
Is beginning to start
To collect all the elements of love
That's sure to draw

Your sensual touch
It's all too much
Unbearing lover
My obsession
I speak your tone
Dance to your song
Of my confession
Your obsession

It's fearful when i
Replay over life
No existing night
Feels like this one
I feel your presence
Underrates romance
No fear, you're my one, slight obsession

Have you read the surgeon's general
Tells me it's not healthy still I know
Maybe I'll be the one to teach a lesson baby
The first step is to admit my obsession baby

It's fearful when i
Replay over life
No existing night
Feels like this one
I feel your presence
Underrates romance
No fear, you're my one, slight obsession (x2)

Have you seen the way I look at you
My eyes glare along with fireflies in the night
Your response is only a test and
Obviously I failed
'cause you're my obsession

Dearest Liz;
I want to talk to you tonight, seeing you from a distance is not enough anymore. I love you and no one is going to stop us from being together.
Xoxo

Liz Parker threw the note and flowers in the trash. She had been warned by her PR rep that innocent fan and stalker is a thin line, but then again Diane also said that you know you’ve made it when you get a stalker. Liz loved the fans she had, but lately she had the feeling that this particular fan was crossing the line.

Liz hesitated calling her father, the girls already thought she was seeking attention, but she did not want to be afraid to leave her condo. Lately Liz had taken to only leaving the condo if she had to do stuff with the band. She did not want to be the girl that was afraid of her own shadow, but when she received the photos of her out in the city she started to worry.

Picking up the phone Liz quickly punched in her father’s cell phone number, the best way to get a hold of him. Her father picked up after the third ring, be available but not too available he always said.

“Jeff Parker.” He barked in the phone, even though it was close to 10 at night, Jeff was still working. He believed that if you are not working you are wasting money.

“Daddy it’s me, I think someone is following me.”

Liz could not believe how young she sounded. When dealing with either of her parents she always felt like a child. She reverted to acting like a teenager when dealing with them, her therapist said it was because she was still letting her parents control her life. She did not want to be a signer, but once her parents learned she could sing they pushed for her to be in the business.

“Lizzie, we’ve gone over this. No one could be following you; Jim and Sean are the best bodyguards in the business. ….”

“Someone’s following Lizzie?!” Liz closed her eyes, she heard her mother wailing in the background. Her mother was the overprotective one, although her mother would never stand up to her father, she did care about her.

Jeff covered the receiver and proceeded to talk with his wife. Liz could no make out the conversation, just fragments. She stopped trying to listen and picked up her copy of Seventeen that she was on the cover of. She was use to her father putting her on hold, they did not exactly have a personal relationship, just a business one.

“Lizzie, honey it me.” Her mother said coming back on the line 20 minutes later. “We’ve decided that we are going to increase your security. Your father said that any security you would get, since your in the band would have to be shared with the other girls, frankly I don’t see why, you clearly are the star of the group, but I guess it’s in the contract or something. Now these security people can be expensive, and we don’t want to have to waste that type of money on those girls, so we are going to hire someone to pretend to be your boyfriend! I know it’s great, this way you can be safe, and make the tabloids! How great is this Lizzie?”

Liz had tried interrupting her mother several times, but Nancy was not one to allow Liz to get a word in.

“Mom I don’t need a pretend boyfriend. I have a boyfriend, remember Jensen, I have been dating him for months. And how is hiring someone to date me and type of security?”

“Honey, we are going to hire a security guard to play your boyfriend. Not one of those big bulky guys, the press would see right through that, no we are going to get a good looking one. I can’t wait to talk to Diane about this.”

Nancy did not even bother with the pleasantries of a good bye; she quickly hung up the phone. Liz sat there dumbfounded, not that her mother hung up but because the crazy idea she came up with. Liz did not want to get involved with her parents plan, but she had no doubt that her parents were already alerting the media of her current relationship with this bodyguard.

Liz did not bother to call Jensen, after all he was filming some new senses for his show on the CW and would not be around to see her with Mcbodyguard.

“Okay, I’m referencing Grey’s Anatomy, really need to get out of the house, and now I’m talking to myself!” Liz sighed as she through herself back on the couch; her job was making her crazy.

AN: Err so its been one month since I updated! That is really sad, but hopefully I will be updating soon. This chapter is short, and not my best but I wanted to go ahead and get this part out of the way so I can do more group parts. So guess who Liz's bodyguard is going to be.... Now on to more group parts!
BlondeDramaQueen
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Ch4

Chapter 4…..

AN: Love the feedback! You guys are great. So I am pretty much obsessed w/ Grey’s Anatomy that is why I chose this song. I’d recommend everyone to check it out. So I did spend more time writing this, and hopefully it can go in the direction I want it to go in! Thanks to everyone that is reading this and leaving feedback!

We'll do it all

Everything

On our own

We don't need

Anything

Or anyone

If I lay here

If I just lay here

Would you lie with me and just forget the world?

I don't quite know

How to say

How I feel

Those three words

Are said too much

They're not enough

If I lay here

If I just lay here

Forget what we're told

Before we get too old

Show me a garden that's bursting into life

Let's waste time

Chasing cars

Around our heads

I need your grace

To remind me

To find my own

If I lay here

If I just lay here

Forget what we're told

Before we get too old

Show me a garden that's bursting into life

All that I am

All that I ever was

Is here in your perfect eyes, they're all I can see

I don't know where

Confused about how as well

Just know that these things will never change for us at all

If I lay here

If I just lay here

Tess Harding sipped her frappacino; she knew something was up with the other members in the group. She just could not put her finger on it. Not that she really cared about her band members, but she did not want them to ruin her music career. Tess was not stupid; she knew she was signed on because she was pretty, and not because she could sing.

Her band mates were sitting in different areas in the conference room. Maria, who was usually quirky and loud, sat quietly in her chair writing in her ever present song notebook. Isabel who was happy was sullen as she flipped through the latest in touch magazine. Liz was distracted, she kept shooting Isabel’s magazine nervous looks and had yet to say anything. Tess just watched them all. Something was going on, she knew it. She also knew she was going to find out no matter how much digging she had to do.

“Is everyone here?” A young intern said rushing into the room, she nervously looked at all the girls and did a mental count. Tess sneered at the girl, she did not like interns. They did nothing for her career and often asked for autographs for there friends back in Idaho or whatever small town they came from.

Getting no response the girl quickly continued, “Mr. Parker is in with another client. He should be here in a few minutes; he wanted to make sure you were all here so he could start the meeting on time.” The girl looked at the group members, and quickly left the conference room.

“You do realize he isn’t with a client. He just wants to make us wait so we know he’s in control.” Maria said putting her notebook into her purse. Isabel and Liz looked at her shocked, no one spoke out about Jeffery especially when they could be overheard.

“He wouldn’t let you do the solo?” Tess asked looking at her nails. She already knew the answer to that. She was the one who told Jeff that if Maria did a solo then she was going to “be sick” when touring came around. She did not want Maria getting even more attention.

“What solo?” Liz and Isabel said in unison, looking at each other after they did.

Maria shot Tess a look telling her to keep her mouth shut, Tess of course pretended not to see it.

“The one with Kanye West, you guys did not hear about that? I mean come on even that rock band Washington Street put a few lyrics in there song about it.” Tess rolled her eyes at the clueless looks Isabel and Liz had.

“You were going to do a solo and did not bother to tell us?”

“I’m shocked your daddy didn’t tell you Lizzie, I mean he lets you run this group doesn’t he?”

“Tess what does this even have to do with you?”

“It has everything to do with me, Iz. If Maria gets a solo career then we are finished. But then again sex sells in this industry and let’s face it; Maria won’t be going very far.”

Maria stood up and started to close the distance between Tess and herself. Maria was not the violent type put she wanted to rip out Tess’s bleached blond extensions. Tess did not move from where she was perched on an abandoned desk as Maria stood inches from her.

“You have no idea what you are talking about.”

“Oh don’t I? I know you’ve been trying to go solo since we first started. No luck huh? Come on we all have roles in the group. Liz is the suck up, Isabel’s the bitch, I’m the pretty one, and well you are the ugly one.”

“What?” Isabel said walking closer to Tess and Maria. “How can you even say that? I have been nothing but nice to you.”

“I can’t help who my father is.” Liz said still sitting across the room. “Do you think I wanted to be in this group? I like to dance but I don’t want my life played out in the public.”

“Could have fooled me,” Isabel said turning to look at Liz. “You seem to be doing a good job of landing in all the magazines. Did you think I wasn’t going to find out what you did to Jensen? Seriously Liz, you are whoring yourself out. Max Evans, who is he anyways?”

Liz looked at Isabel, she couldn’t tell her about Max being her bodyguard, but she also knew that Isabel would tell Jensen since they were friends. She hadn’t thought it would be in the magazines already, they had only had Max on her detail for a week.

“Who cares what Liz does? I believe you posed for some pretty pictures in your past Iz. Tell me that wasn’t for attention.”

“That’s different Maria and you know it.”

“I am not trying to out stage you. I can’t help that my dad puts me in the center of all the group shots. I don’t even want to be in this industry.”

“Please, Liz is you did not want to be here you don’t have to be. You like the attention. You aren’t as talented as I am and yet they consider you to be the lead signer. I write all the songs and yet its your face that I see all the time on the television.”

“What do you want me to do? Hide out in my apartment for the rest of my career?”

Before anyone could answer Jeffery Parker came into the room. His face red and he slammed the door behind him.

“These rooms are not soundproof!” His voice was so loud people right outside the room jumped. “If you want your petty fight to make entertainment tonight, congratulations you just did. You will all sit down and shut up. You will pretend to like each other. No one is leaving this group for a solo career, No one!”

Tess smirked from where she was sitting. All she had to do was wait, and they would be there own downfall. She couldn’t wait to tip off the media about the conflict.

“We are going to have to do damage control before anyone thinks you all are having problems. You all will not have off next week; instead you will be doing things where the paparazzi can see. I want you all happy and bonding. Do I make my self clear?” Getting no reply Jeffery left the room. No even bothering to have the meeting they were all there for in the first place.

“Prick.”

The girls all glared at one another, that is except for Tess who could not hide her amusement.
BlondeDramaQueen
Enthusiastic Roswellian

New Part!

A/N: So I was two days late:( Don't be mad, because I made this one really long. No couple action, well not really. But I built up for it in the next part. Thanks for the feedbacks and the bumps. So here is your Christmas present!

"Me Against The World"

We’re not gonna be just a part of their game
We’re not gonna be just the victims
They’re taking our dreams and they tear them apart
‘Til everyone’s the same

Maria DeLuca smiled as she sipped her latte and tried on a pair of the fifth pair of shoes the sales girl brought out. She knew going into this shopping parade she wasn’t going to find anything she really liked, but Jeffery had demanded all the girls bond so here she was sitting with the other band members trying to look ecstatic that she was the first to try on the latest collection of shoes by Christian Louboutin, Jimmy Choo, and of course the Manolo Blahnik line.

Maria would have rather went to a small and personalized shop; looking for unique and self expression items. But Jeffery had tipped the paparazzi of that the girls would be at Bateman’s, the new it place for who’s who in Hollywood to shop. The store had been closed down so Liz, Isabel, Tess, and Maria could shop in “private”, but outside the window stood twenty photographers dying to get the cover shot.

Isabel and Liz were laughing rather loudly at a joke that wasn’t that funny. Tess had been perched next to Maria also trying on shoes and forcing herself to look like they were good friends. So far, there had been no hair pulling or name calling. All the girls were on their best behavior. Not because they were enjoying this spectacle, but because they had no doubt in their minds that Jeffery was watching them from a security camera somewhere in the store.

This was the third outing they had been on this week where all the members were together. Of course the hostility and resentment was still there, it had to be placed on the back burner for air kisses and bubbly personalities. The first they had a week ago was unresolved; they even had to sign a contract stating that nothing negative would be brought up in the publicized outing.

Entertainment tonight had run a story about the verbal confrontation the girls had. It of course was far from the truth, and somehow got twisted that Liz and Tess were sleeping with the same man and then everyone decided to just start a brawl. They publicized it to be worse that the Pacer/Piston’s NBA brawl a few years back. You couldn’t look at a tabloid magazine without seeing an article in reference to this.

I’ve got no place to go
I’ve got nowhere to run
They’d love to watch me fall
They think they know it all

“You realize that we have no control over our lives anymore?” Maria said leaning in closer to Tess.

Tess looked at her with amusement. Of course she knew this. It’s not like she got off on being told where to go and what to do, but she loved the attention. She had crappy parents who didn’t care if she fell of the face of the Earth when she was growing up, and she wanted people to like her. She didn’t care if that meant literally selling her sole.

“You knew what you were getting into when you signed the contract.”

Tess showed no empathy for Maria. She had to hide a smile as Maria sat back defeated in her chair.

She was coming closer to finding out their secrets. She had managed to find out that both Isabel and Maria had secret boyfriends. She didn’t know who they were yet, but she knew she could find out and destroy their relationships by the end of the month.

She also knew Liz was doing a pretty good job of ruining her own relationship with Hollywood’s Golden Boy. Candid pictures of her and someone named Max Evans had been published by every magazine from the East to the West Coast. Tess had even taken the liberty of sending a copy to Liz’s boyfriend who was filming in Canada. Did she feel guilty? Not really, after all Liz shouldn’t have put herself in that situation. Isabel of course was not speaking to Liz, unless in was scheduled in by Jeff. Which Tess couldn’t have planned it any better. It was pretty dump of Liz to cheat on her boyfriend, who happens to be glued at the hip to her band mate.

She couldn’t wait to get home and see if she could find out more about Maria and Isabel. She wanted them to be ruined. Of course playing nice and getting them too tell her would be the easiest way; but she didn’t have the patience to deal with those two whiners when she didn’t have to. She would just go home to her nice apartment and think of a way to make everyone as lonely and miserable as she was.

I’m a nightmare, a disaster
That’s what they always said
I’m a lost cause, not a hero
But I’ll make it on my own
I’ve gotta prove them wrong
Me against the world

Isabel once again smiled as Liz talked. She had to keep the venom out of her voice as she spoke to Liz. She didn’t understand how Liz could act they way she did. She had used her best friend to make the cover of magazines and now she was doing it again by sleeping with a no body and ruining her relationship with Jensen. But Isabel knew in part it was her own fault, she had pushed and pushed to get the two together. She honestly thought that Liz was different, she though that Liz could be more like her and didn’t want to be in the industry. She was wrong as Liz proved once again to be all about the publicity.

“I know you think I did if for the publicity.” Liz said looking at Isabel as also slipping on a happy go lucky smile.

“I didn’t say that.” Isabel rebutted, keeping up with the fake smiles and carefree laughs. Her eyes hardened though as she looked at Liz, something that wasn’t noticed by the workers shuffling around them

“You were thinking it; we’ve known each other for years now. Don’t you think I know you a little better that that.”

“Hardly, we aren’t friends Liz. We are band mates, nothing more. We were forced to be together and now we are strangers who co exist.”

“You can’t seriously believe that. We use to be good friends the four of us. Remember when we went to New York and we stayed at your brother’s. He thought it was funny to try pickup lines on Maria and me; and remember Tess practically threw herself at him.”

Isabel felt pain when she thought about her brother. He had been getting better when she had brought the group for a visit. Zan actually showed some life that he hadn’t since he got sick. Isabel tried to block out the memories of her brother. She didn’t want to turn into an emotional wreck. But she did remember how much fun it had been in the early days of the group.

She nodded, and Liz continued.

“Oh and how we use to dress up like aliens when we visited Maria’s mom for that festival. We were more then band mates then.”

“So we were once good friends and now we manage to co exist.”

Liz knew she wasn’t going to get anywhere with Isabel with bringing up the past. She knew that they hadn’t really been close in a long time. She didn’t know when her life had gotten so complicated, one day they were all bonding over Ben and Jerry’s the next fighting about who got the most air time.

“I think I have a stalker.”

Liz said it quickly and quietly leaning closer into Isabel as she did.

Liz saw the look of terror flash across Isabel’s face before she went into her Ice Princess routine.

It’s me against the world

We won’t let them change how we feel in our hearts
We’re not gonna let them control us
We won’t let them shove all their thoughts in our heads
And we’ll never be like them

Maria closed her eyes as she threw her body into her oversized couch. She couldn’t take another day like today. She couldn’t stop feeling that she wasn’t her own person anymore. Jeff had demanded she rewrite half her songs because they were upbeat enough. Then she was forced to buy ten pairs of shoes she’ll never wear unless Jeff puts it on her ‘things to wear at appearances’ list. She was so fed up with they way she was forced to live.

Picking up the phone Maria dialed a number that was all too familiar.

“Michael, it me. I think I want to quit the band.”

I’ve got no place to go
I’ve got nowhere to run
They’d love to watch me fall
They think they know it all

It's me against the world

Liz couldn’t believe that she told Isabel about her stalker. Isabel of course had stopped Liz from talking more about it because she didn’t know who might hear, or read her lips to find out what was going on. Liz didn’t understand how not only was she afraid because of her stalker, she was afraid of people to learn about her stalker. She wanted to cry, but knew she ran the risk of someone catching in on video.
She couldn’t even be upset because it might be on the evening news.

Liz quickly walked to the nearest store with a bathroom, went in the stall and cried. She fumbled to dig her phone out of her purse and punched in a number that was becoming familiar to her.

“Max, it’s Liz. Do you think you can meet me? Because I want to quit the band.”

Me against the world

Now I’m sick of this waiting
So come on and take your shot
You can spit all your insults
But nothing you say’s gonna change us
You can sit there and judge me
Say what you want to
We’ll never let you win

Isabel went into her condo and pulled out her cleaning supplies. Her apartment was not dirty; she barely spent enough time in there for it to be dirty, but she had to do something or her thoughts were going to drive her crazy. After all the doubts she had been having about the band, Liz told her she had a stalker. She couldn’t deal with this anymore. She wanted out. She wanted to be normal and she knew she would have to quite the band to have that. But she wanted to tell someone, and that someone knew nothing of her life.

Isabel went to the wall and pulled the phone of its adaptor. “Alex, hey. There is something I need to tell you, about who I am.”

Me against the world

Tess smiled as she walked down the street. She finally realized how to get the attention she wanted. She’d quit the band, giving her tons of headlines. Everyone would want her back, she’d be the victim and gain instant attention. Then she would rejoin the band and be the main singer.

“I’m quitting the band!” She giggled as she continued walking.

They’ll never bring us down
We’ll never fall in line
I’ll make it on my own
Me against the world

Jeffery Parker sat behind his desk; he was counting the money that he had made from the recent entertainment tonight leak. What he wasn’t expecting was for the door to his office to fly open and the announcement that followed.

“I want to quit the band.”

Jeffery Parkers mouth flew open and that is when all hell broke loose….

So in the next part I'm going to go into detail on the couple action. And then I'll tell you at the end who ends up quiting!
Last edited by BlondeDramaQueen on Sun Dec 24, 2006 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BlondeDramaQueen
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Part 6

A very special thanks to: erinkatie is now the beta for this story, and you can thank her for editing it so quickly that I am able to provide you with an update before the weekend!

Dreamerlaure- The same thing that inspired me to update this part ;)
KarenEvans- A/I is the main event in the next part so you’ll be able to know exactly what Isabel tells Alex, if anything!
Sternbetrachter-thanks, and Tess still has plans for the other girls so watch out!
Redrumm-thanks
RhondaAnn-thanks
Max/Jason Luver-thanks
nibbles2- thanks
magamnm- thanks
ashleyt-thanks, well tess isn’t 100% evil, just 90%!

Liz Parker sat inside a booth at the McDonalds just outside of Los Angeles. She looked out of place in her designer outfit and big dark sunglasses. A few people had stared in passing but no one really noticed her. ‘The story of my life’ she thought. Everyone knows her name and frivolous information: like whom she dated, where she went to school, and all about her upcoming tour, but they didn’t really know her.

She kept the sunglasses on to help prevent recognition but also to hide the effects of her crying. Since she ducked into the bathroom stall she was an emotional wreck. The events in her life were chaotic and a far cry from the normal life she had once lived. She didn’t know what she was doing anymore. Her life was slowly spiraling out of control and she was losing touch with reality.

She had no one. Her friends consisted of her band mates and PR people; they were the only ones who talked to her on a regular basis. Her friends before she got famous had long ago stopped talking to her, saying she changed or they couldn’t deal with her lifestyle anymore. She had changed, and not because she wanted to. Little by little the life of being one of America’s darlings had started to destroy the carefree girl she had once been.

She no longer went on silly camping trips with her friends. She never went to the mall just to browse. She was unable to enjoy her favorite thing in the world, a triple thick vanilla milkshake, due to the strict diet her contract made her abide by. Everything she had once considered normal and had took for granted she would trade all her fame for. Wishing more than anything she could go back to those days of juvenile camping trips and sweet vanilla milkshakes.

At 16 she was given the opportunity to be famous. What 16 year old is going to turn down a chance to be on magazines and have as much money as they could ever want? She didn’t have to let her parents talk her into joining a band, the second the contract was put in front of her she did not hesitate to sign her name to it.

She was naïve. She trusted her parents completely to manage her career and do what was best for her. She started out loving the job, loved singing and dancing on stage, and being able to travel to far away places. She loved opening a magazine and seeing an article about the band and it success, she was ecstatic that she had instant sisters in Maria, Isabel, and Tess. She liked being recognized.

She isn’t shallow or conceded but she deserved the record contract. She spent her whole life being dragged from voice lessons to dance classes. She logged enough man-hours to be the best thing out of her hometown in Oklahoma. She had fun dancing and she was naturally good at it. It was her passion for dance that made her stay in the business for so long.

She worked her ass off for the life she had.

Then why did she feel so miserable with the way things had turned out?

This year alone she has been hospitalized for exhaustion, twice, one failed marriage, and now a stalker.

There was so much tension and hostility in the recording studio and on stage, everyone blaming each other for their lack of a normal life. She couldn’t escape it anymore. Her job wasn’t 9-5; she couldn’t just leave problems at work and go home to a normal existence. Her job was a 24/7 thing and there was no escaping. If she took a trip to the grocery store, the paparazzi followed. Vacationing in the Maldives, paparazzi waited for a cover shot. Conversations with acquaintances always ended up out of context and on page 6. Her life was like a soap opera.

Liz jerked when she felt someone touch her arm.

“Liz, are you okay?” Liz quickly turned her attention to the person speaking to her. She had been staring out the window lost in thought she had missed Max walk up beside her.

She nodded as Max slid into the booth across from her, he held her hand in his own. She resisted the urge to cry right then. When had her life changed so much that the only person she had to talk to was being paid by her parents to look after her?

Flashback.

Liz sighed; she hated when people were late. Why go through the trouble of setting a time to meet if you couldn’t even show up when you were supposed to?

She had spent the last half an hour camped out in her parent’s condo in New York City, where she was staying until after her appointment with Maxwell Evans. Her parents thought it would be best if she left town until she had a full term bodyguard, so they shipped her off to NYC to “promote” the upcoming tour and too meet with her potentially new bodyguard.

“What are you doing?” A voice said directly behind Liz. Liz jumped and grabbed the closest weapon she could find. She turned around ready to attack when the person started laughing.

Liz looked at him confused, what kind of robber was he? When the laughing continued Liz immediately got flustered. How dare this person come into her house and laugh at her.

“I’m sorry.” He offered when he saw the look on her face, “but what are you going to do, pillow fight me to death?” He was no bent over with his hands on his knees laughing.

Liz looked down; sure enough she had a pillow clutched in her hand. It’s not like she had been in the kitchen when he broke in, apparently that is the only room in your house to find a good weapon at the last minute.

“Who are you and how did you get in here?” Liz said putting the pillow back on the couch and resting her hands on her hips.

“I picked the lock.” He said a little too carefree.

‘Maybe there is still time to run to the kitchen for a real weapon’ Liz thought, but before she had time to back into the kitchen he started to talk again.

“You know, your family has a lot of money the least they should have is a good security system on this place. It was way too easy for me to get in. We’ll have to do something about it, no doubt your apartment in California is lacking security too.”

“You’re Maxwell Evans?” Liz asked watching him as he proceeded to try and open the window she had previously been staring out of.

He didn’t look like a bodyguard he looked normal. He wore a simple outfit of blue jeans, a white shirt and black leather jacket. The bands bodyguards normally wore designer suits when they were working; her father had watched way too many movies and insisted they all follow a certain dress code. She suppressed a laugh as she thought of Jim and Sean in suits.

“Max. No one calls me Maxwell.”

“You’re CIA?”
Her tone must have been one of astonishment because he simply looked at her and laughed.

“Former CIA. And before you start in about how young I am, I cannot tell you anything about that part of my life. It’s confidential.”

Liz nodded. Her father had briefly mentioned that Max was with the CIA before he went freelance a year prior. Max was nothing like she expected, for one he wasn’t as old as her normal bodyguards; okay so Sean wasn’t that much older then her but he was more of Jim’s assistant.

“You realize no one ever stays here.” Liz said as Max proceeded to the next window. “There’s no need for security here, and besides were on the 23rd floor.”

Max just shook his head and went about whatever it was he was doing at the window.

“And what if I had been your stalker just now? You wouldn’t have been able to take him out with just that pillow alone. You should always be prepared.” He scoffed at her like she was a child.

Liz shook her head. Seeing the concern look on his face as he easily pried the window open made Liz nervous. Had she really been under estimating what her stalker was capable of? What if he had walked through the door instead of Max?

“Don’t worry Liz.” Max said trying to make her feel better. He walked over and gently placed his arm on her shoulder, “that’s why you hired me right? To make sure you are prepared.”

Silence filled the apartment. Neither one made a move to talk, Max’s hand was still lingering on her shoulder.

“Liz, are you okay?” Max’s voice once again broke her out of her thoughts.

“No.” She mumbled pulling her hand away from him. “I think I want to quit the band. It’s only causing me problems and I just want to have a normal life.”

“Isn’t that a little selfish?” Max said, upon seeing the horrified and shocked look her Liz’s face he quickly added. “What about the other girls? If you quit their careers are over, you’ll be ruining their dreams. Think about the Spice girls, that red headed one quit and suddenly they are all out of a job.”

Liz was stunned, not so much by the fact that Max knew who the Spice Girls were, but the fact he just accused her of wanting to ruin her friends lives. She didn’t want that. Even if they were having problems, Isabel, Maria, and even Tess were her family. If quitting the band would in some jeopardize their careers, their happiness, then she couldn’t quit.
Liz sucked it a deep breath. She felt like all of the wind was knocked out of her body. She was being a terrible person, a terrible friend.

She was only thinking about herself. She might not be happy about her current situation but she couldn’t just quit and leave her friends to pick up the pieces.

“Am I a horrible person?” She managed to whisper.

“No Liz.” Max said gently. “You’re not horrible, you’re just not thinking clearly. You need to think about this rationally, you need to process this decision.”

Liz stopped listening to Max as he tried to convince her that she was acting to hastily. Maybe she was, maybe she was just overreacting. There are plenty of famous people that want to quit the business sometimes, that doesn’t mean they up and do it.

Right, she was over reacting. She didn’t need to quit the band just because she was having a hard time. Things would be better in no time. All she had to do was wait and things would get better.

She smiled, letting Max think she was okay. Everything would be okay.

As the subject changed to their plans for the weekend Liz tried to distance her thoughts from the band but one question kept repeating itself over and over in her mind.

If everything was okay why does she feel so broken?

“Hello.”

“Is it done?”

“Yes. I believe I’ve convinced her to stay in the band.”

“That’s good. Now I know why I hired you. Make sure she doesn’t change her mind. And keep her away from the others. This little episode of theirs almost cost me millions.”

“The others?”

“The other girls; Maria, Isabel, and Tess. I don’t want Liz anywhere near them for a while. Her little outburst almost cost me my band.”

“How, sir, did you know to call me after I got off the phone with Liz?”

“Phone tap, Maxwell. I’m sure you’re familiar with them. And I knew something was off when all the girls started calling their secret boyfriends.”

The line was silent for a few minutes. Max felt disgusted by his actions, convincing Liz to stay with the band. After Liz had called him he went straight to her. He wanted to comfort her, to tell her that it would be okay, that he would be there with her but then he got the phone call. The call that made him crush Liz’s chance at a normal life. A phone call that put an end to any sort of relationship they might have had, because he realized now that he is only a pawn in this industry. He ultimately betrayed the one person he thought he could really start to like.

“The other girls, they haven’t quit?”

“They aren’t going to, Maxwell. I have already sent Jim and Sean to intercept Maria and Isabel. Within the next hour all my girls will be feeling selfish and they will hate themselves for what they almost caused, which will lead to them rethinking their decision to almost destroy their friends lives.”

“And Tess, who is going to convince her to stay?”

An evil laugh filled the line.

“We’ve come to an understanding. One that is going to work to our advantage, and Tess will not be problem whatsoever to the future of Crash.”

Max heard a feminine laugh over the line and had to stop himself from cringing.

“Maxwell enough of this talk, it’s costing me money. I expect you to keep Liz busy this week. I don’t care how you do it; all I want is Liz to stay as far away from the girls as possible.”

The line went dead before Max could say anything else. He resisted the urge to throw his cell phone on the ground. His mind went a thousand different ways, what had he done? His mind kept screaming:

‘Jeffery Parker is an ass.’

AN: You know you want to leave me feeback! I am hopefully going to be updating this a lot in the future, seeing as I now have a couple parts done and hate only being able to update once a month! But you know I might be motivated by feedback :wink: Good,Bad,or suggestions leave it here![/i]
Last edited by BlondeDramaQueen on Fri Jan 19, 2007 2:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
BlondeDramaQueen
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Thanks for the great feedback. Let me clear up something, because if you read this next part you might also jump to that conclusion, Tess and Jeffery are NOT having an affair. Ewww. Not even my twisted mind can go there. Oh and as for the timeline, Isabel calls Alex after Jeff sent Sean and Jim out. With that said on with the next part!

Part 7

Tess Harding stampeded, that is she stomped while at the same time kept her composer in case someone happened to take a picture, towards Jeffery’s office, her blonde curls bouncing around her face. She laughed and pushed Jeffery’s assistant, Rachel, out of the way as she tried to stop her from entering the office. Tess was on a mission and she was not going to let an assistant steal her dramatic entrance. Tess reached the door and threw it open, not bothering to make pleasantries, after all this was a performance.

“I want to quit the band!” She yelled, causing Jeff to drop a stack of money he had previously been counting, Rachel halted a foot behind her mouth open, and if she had turned around she would have noticed the other occupants of the building eavesdropping from the door. She resisted the urge to smirk at the shocked look of Jeff’s face, knowing full well that she held the upper hand.

Quickly recovering Jeff waved Rachel, off who at this point was trying to explain how Tess had gotten past her, and glared towards the hallway where a few people stood trying to catch a glimpse of what was going on. The hallway occupants quickly scattered.

“Rachel do try and do your job properly. I said no interruptions. This is unacceptable, are you that incompetent that you can’t even follow a simple order?” By now Jeff was making Rachel look bad so that the other staff members didn’t think he had lost him touch. It’s not everyday that someone who worked for him quit.

Tess tuned out Jeffery as she made her self comfortable on the couch in his office. She studied her nails and made herself look uninterested as Jeff continued to belittle his assistant. When Rachel walked out of the room, no doubt to go cry, she knew it was time to get down to business. As soon as the door clicked shut Jeff turned on her.

“How dare you come in here and make a scene like that! ….”
Jeff was fully prepared to dig into Tess but she cut him off.

“I make the rules now Jeff.” She said walking over to his desk and placing an envelope into his lap. She waited to see his reaction, when he hesitantly peered into the envelope she knew she had won. He took the bait, which meant he could be blackmailed.

“You wouldn’t want these to make their way into the public now would you?” She said sliding onto the corner of his desk. “I don’t think Nancy would like that too much.” Tess smiled wickedly at Jeffery, pretty soon she would have control of the band.

---

Isabel took in a deep breath, willing herself to tell Alex all about who she really was. When she initially picked up the phone she thought it would be simple, she could tell him who she was and hope for the best. But even she was not deluded enough to believe that Alex would except the lies and want to continue on in their relationship. Not that they had a relationship at the present time, but Isabel knew that Alex might not be willing to ever trust her again. After all she had been lying to him since they first met.

She was brought out of her thoughts about how exactly to tell Alex about her career and who the public perceived her as when the doorbell rang. The term saved by the bell could work in this situation; it gave her a few minutes to find the best way to tell Alex everything.

“Hey, Alex, can I put you on hold for a minute, someone’s here.” Isabel asked knowing that she couldn’t disconnect the call with Alex because she would lose her nerve. But if she didn’t hang up the phone then she would have to come back to it and explain what she meant about not being who she said she was.

“Are you sure you don’t want to just call me back? Long distance calls are expensive.” Isabel smiled at Alex’s concerned voice.

“Trust me it will be fine. But are you sure you can wait, I know you had that meeting to prepare for.”

“I’ll be fine. I’ll look it over while I wait. You know talking to you is the highlight of my day.” He said and they both laughed. The phone calls were few and far between for the pair, Isabel couldn’t exactly call him while in the tour bus, because that wouldn’t be suspicious at all. And Alex was extremely busy at his job; he was trying to land a big case so they had to settle for quick emails.

The doorbell rang again and Isabel sighed in frustration. Her first impulse was to run around the condo turning off the lights and TV and to pretend like no one was home so however was there would go away; but she quickly nixed that idea when she realized whoever was there probably already saw the lights and heard the TV.

“Look Iz, it sounds like whoever it is isn’t going away. You go answer the door and I promise to be here when you get back.”

“Thanks Alex, I’ll be right back.”

Isabel put the phone on the counter and jogged over to the door. It had to be someone she knew because security in her building wouldn’t let anyone up without their name being on the list.

She pulled open the door and had to stop herself from groaning.

“Hey Jim, what are you doing here?” She asked slipping into her happy façade. She liked Jim, he was like a father figure to the girls in the band, but he still answered to Jeff. If he was here it wasn’t a social visit, it meant he was here on business.

“I think this conversation is better had in private.” Jim sounded remorseful. Isabel quickly led him into the condo hoping nothing serious had happened. Once inside Jim quickly placed his hand on her shoulder, and he looked at her with deep concern. He hated this part of his job.

“We’re worried about you, Iz.” Jim said like he was talking with a five year old. “We think that you may be under a lot of pressure with the upcoming tour, and we don’t want you to end up like Zan.”

Isabel had looked dumbfounded at Jim but when he mentioned her brother she quickly drew in a sharp breath like she had been slapped. She was nothing like her brother, and he had no right to bring up Zan and his condition.

“You need to leave.” She said calmly, not wanting to say anything she might regret, and started to walk towards the door.

Jim continued to look at her sadly, mainly because he hated what he was about to do. If he didn’t need his job and the income he would have told Jeff to go to hell, but he needed the money to pay off his gambling debts so he let himself get sucked into Jeff’s game.

Jim stopped her before she could open the door. “I know this is hard for you to except but we think you should get help. There’s a clinic in South Dakota that we have checked you into. It should help clear away some of these delusions.”

“Delusions? Clinic? What are you talking about?” Isabel said raising her voice slightly. She knew Alex was still on the phone and didn’t want to be overheard. She had no idea what Jim was talking about.

“It’s been happening for months now Isabel. We’ve all tried to ignore the signs; with the tour coming up we thought it might just be stress. But it is becoming more and more apparent that you are unstable. The girls are concerned for you. They had a meeting a few hours ago and we all think its best that you get treatment….”

Isabel cut him off. She had no idea what was going on. “I don’t know what you are talking about. I’m fine.” She hissed.

“You think you’re fine. Didn’t Zan think he was fine also, and look at him now.” Isabel flinched again at the mention of her brother. Jim forced himself to ignore the obvious pain Isabel was in and continued. “You’ve built up this fantasy world of your alter ego Izzie Green. There is no Alex Whitman. You walk around LA for hours caring on conversations with yourself thinking you are talking to Alex. Since the company is based in LA we’ve been doing a good job of covering up these incidences but Iz we are really worried about your mental health.”

Isabel stared at him like he grew a third head. “Your wrong.” Isabel said tears pooling in her eyes, he had to be wrong. She didn’t make up Alex. Then she remembered he was on the phone waiting for her. “He’s on the phone!” She said rushing to grab the phone off the counter. “See for yourself Jim.” She handed the phone to Jim, and her smile faltered as she watched his reaction.

“There’s no one here Iz.” He said trying to comfort her. She pulled the phone out of his hand

“Alex!” She said frantically into the receiver, but the only reply was the beep beep beep the phone made. She had been talking to him. He was real.

“He was there before you came in.” Isabel said sliding to the floor frantically dialing back Alex’s number.

“We’re sorry the number you have dialed is not a valid number.” The operator said causing Isabel to start crying. Had she made up Alex? Zan had done the same thing shortly before he was hospitalized; he created people to make him feel safe after the paranoia set in. She had been experiencing paranoia, thinking Jeff was out to get her. Maybe she was crazy.

She pulled her knees up against her chest and wrapped her arms around them. She didn’t want to be crazy.

She watched as Jim pulled out his cell phone, the conversation lost on her as she listened to the beeping of the phone where it laid next to her and she cried.

“Is it done?” Tess replied as she picked up the phone in Jeffery’s office.

“I think Isabel is convinced that she needs to seek help.” Jim replied.

“Oh this is just great.” Tess said her laughter radiating through the phone. “These girls are so gullible, you tell Isabel she’s crazy and she believes it. Maria and Liz are taken care of also. Make sure you bring Isabel to the clinic tonight. I don’t want to chance her realizing she is in fact not crazy.”

“I’ll take her there right now.”

“Make sure you do. Oh, and Jim consider your debt with Mad Harry over. You deserve it after this last performance.” With that Tess hung up and Jim stared at Isabel as she sobbed on the floor wondering how he got sucked into this mess.

--
“We’re worried about you, Iz.” Jim said like he was talking with a five year old. “We think that you may be under a lot of pressure with the upcoming tour, and we don’t want you to end up like Zan.”

Alex Whitman could barely hear the voices from Isabel’s end of the phone. He wasn’t eavesdropping but he couldn’t tune out the conversation either. He tried to focus on the report in front of him but he was concerned about Isabel, when the man had said they were worried about her his curiosity was peaked.

He had to admit he was also worried about her. The last time she had come to visit she looked paler and skinnier. She lost her normal energy and had to leave right after she arrived. He understood that she worked a lot, but even stewardesses shouldn’t be working constantly.

He didn’t hear anything else from the line. He turned his cell phone towards him and sure enough his network dropped the call. He tried to redial the number but the call would not connect. He hated when there was no service; he couldn’t slip out of the office because his boss was watching him like a hawk every time he left his office he swooped in for progress reports.

Sighing he put the phone back on his desk hoping that if called him back he would miraculously have service again. He promised to stay on the line, but what would a few minutes hurt.

AN: So as you can tell Alex was on a cell phone with Iz, this meaning if she called him and he didn’t have service it would have went straight to voicemail. So if you are thinking that evil Tess and Jeff had something to do with it, then you’re right. I hate that this wasn’t a fluffy part. It was suppose to be, but it didn’t work out that way. If you stick around longer you will find that it does in fact get couple-y after the next part. Because the next part is M/M angst.