When the heck IS Max's birthday anyway? The Roscanon thread

Have a challenge you'd like to see written? Have an idea that just won't get out of your head? Want to talk anything and everything fanfic or writer related? This is the place.

Moderators: ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

nibbles2
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: When the heck IS Max's birthday anyway? The Roscanon thread

Post by nibbles2 »

Buddha-boy wrote:Hey guys,

Could it be a manufactured scene just for the credits?
Most likely. Or perhaps a deleted scene. They used some deleted scenes in the first season credits too.

It would have been intersting to know what they were talking about.
Buddha-boy
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Buddha-boy »

nibbles2 wrote:

Most likely. Or perhaps a deleted scene. They used some deleted scenes in the first season credits too.

It would have been intersting to know what they were talking about.
Thanks for the info. Yes, I agree, it woul've been interesting to know what they were talking about, most likely it was about the czechs :D
Adian
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Liz's trip to Florida

Post by Adian »

I know Liz went to Florida and stayed with an Aunt. Did they ever say where in Florida? Did they ever give the Aunt's name? Was she an aunt on Jeff's side or Nancy's? Did they ever say what Nancy's maiden name was? Did they ever mention any other siblings for Jeff or Nancy?
Read my stories:

Heir to the Granolith

Stranger In My Own Life

Via, Veritas, Vita
The way, the truth, the life
tequathisy
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Liz's trip to Florida

Post by tequathisy »

Adian wrote:I know Liz went to Florida and stayed with an Aunt. Did they ever say where in Florida? Did they ever give the Aunt's name? Was she an aunt on Jeff's side or Nancy's? Did they ever say what Nancy's maiden name was? Did they ever mention any other siblings for Jeff or Nancy?
in one word - nope.

we learned nothing about what Liz did in Florida. The only reference made to it was in a later episode where she was heading off to Swedan and told Max that she would tell her parents that
Liz wrote:I'm gonna call them from the airport and tell them my girlfriend in Florida had a crisis and she needed me.
Banner by Evelyn
Misha
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Misha »

LOL! Love your avatar!

This is all we ever heard about Florida: The girl goes off to some aunt in Florida for the entire summer and barely says good-bye to you. :roll:

Everything else is up in the air. I would guess Jeff was an only son since he never called anyone or there was any mention of siblings when his mother died -grandma Claudia- but we never got much out of Nancy... The most we have about their past was when Nancy told Liz Jeff had had a girlfriend that had died.

Hope it helps!
"There's addiction, and there's Roswell!"
Adian
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Adian »

Thanks you guys! I thought the Florida trip was all up in the air but I wanted to ask just in case I missed something.

I've been playing with an idea but I wasn't sure exactly how much leeway I had. Unless someone surprises me I think I can make it work.

Thanks Again!!!
:D ~Adian
Read my stories:

Heir to the Granolith

Stranger In My Own Life

Via, Veritas, Vita
The way, the truth, the life
cardinalgirl
Addicted Roswellian

Post by cardinalgirl »

One curious thing is that Max himself didn't seem to think of it as a "healing" power in the beginning. When he's explainig to Liz his powers in Pilot, he said that he could manipulate molecular structures, "That's how I healed you". But that would mean that all hybrids could heal in a somewhat equal measure. Maybe it was until later that Max realized it really was a unique power, like Isabel's dreamwalking.
Well, I'd say rather that the powers that be changed their minds as the show went on. He explains it as molecular manipulation in the pilot because that's how he describes it in the Roswell High books... and in the books they can all do things more or less equally. As the show diversified itself from the books, though, they either forgot that, or changed it.
Misha
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Misha »

:lol: Oh, I'm sure that's the real world explanation, especially for the 700+ CHADs... But since we're trying to make sense of their world in fanfiction, well... it's worth noticing. We can either ignore it or acknowledge it in our fics, that's all ;)

Misha
"There's addiction, and there's Roswell!"
cardinalgirl
Addicted Roswellian

Post by cardinalgirl »

Ah, but that's the beauty of fanfic. We can either ignore it or acknowledge it in our fics. :wink:
CandyDreamQueen
Addicted Roswellian

Post by CandyDreamQueen »

Hi everyone. Here is my question.

Did Courtney have a last name? If so, what was it? I feel like I should know for some reason, like they said it on the show, but I can’t think of anytime when they did. Thanks a lot

<<<Candice>>>