Island Breeze's Roswell Stories

Authors can start their own thread with all their work here. Many authors also keep their readers informed on when they have updated a fic on their thread here.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, Hunter, Forum Moderators

Island Breeze
Forum Moderator

Re: Island Breeze's Roswell Stories

Post by Island Breeze »

The Fall Of A King
(A one-part Dreamer fic)
The Fall Of A King

http://users.aol.com/isndbreeze/Fall.jpg

Author: Island Breeze
Rating: TEEN or YTEEN, about like the show
Forum: CC, M/L (Dreamer)
Pairings: M/L, M/M, A/I, ALL

Summary:

After going without sleep for three days, Max seems to be edgy and irritable. But is everything what it seems? This is a Dreamer story, so a Dreamer plot and ending is guaranteed, whatever it might look like in the beginning.

Nominations:

Best Short Story (Majik's World, Round 2)

/\......./\
/^ \,,,,/^ \
(= º 0 º =)
/\
)><{{{{º> ====(,,,)==(,,,)==== <º}}}}><(

The creators and producers of “Roswell,” Melinda Metz, who wrote the books, and Jason Katims, who brought us the TV series, deserve the credit for the Roswell concept, original characters, and any mention of events that occurred during the TV series, “Roswell,” which I do not own but merely lead down a path of imagination through the stars of a destiny that might have been. Characters not from the show are my own, including a host of children and Antarians, as well as alien adults and children from other planets.
Island Breeze
Forum Moderator

Post by Island Breeze »

Darth Maxwell
(A one-part fic about Max’s son Zan, now 14, and how he perceives Max and the others)
Darth Maxwell

Forum: CC, Roswell (Not a crossover)

Summary:

Would you picture Max as Darth Vader… or Michael Guerin as Han Solo (or maybe a young Obi Wan) or Liz, Maria, Isabel, Kivar, Nicholas, and the others as Star Wars characters? Maybe not, but someone does…

Now fourteen and living with his adoptive parents, who have renamed him Jason, Max’s son, Zan, is starting to be aware of certain unusual powers… powers that he was not supposed to have, since he was supposedly all human. Unaware of his heritage, Jason puts the only spin on his otherworldly abilities that he can conceive of… the power of the Force… and his imagination gives faces to the voices he sometimes hears in his mind and in his dreams… faces that seem to fit the personalities or other attributes of the unknown voices.

This story is not a crossover. It is 100% a Roswell fic. Also, it is not part of the Altered Time series. In the Altered Time series, Max never had a son except with Liz, and they live on Antar together.

Nominations:

Best Short Story (Roswell Fanatics, Round 8 )

/\......./\
/^ \,,,,/^ \
(= º 0 º =)
/\

The creators and producers of “Roswell,” Melinda Metz, who wrote the books, and Jason Katims, who brought us the TV series, deserve the credit for the Roswell concept, original characters, and any mention of events that occurred during the TV series, “Roswell,” which I do not own but merely lead down a path of imagination through the stars of a destiny that might have been. Characters not from the show are my own, including a host of children and Antarians, as well as alien adults and children from other planets.
Island Breeze
Forum Moderator

Post by Island Breeze »

The Mystery
Of Sandy

(Sequel to Darth Maxwell, 2 parts, Complete)
The Mystery Of Sandy

Forum: CC

Summary:

The Mystery Of Sandy is the sequel to Darth Maxwell, which is only a one-part fic, so it is recommended that you read it first. The Mystery Of Sandy has two parts. Max’s son, Zan, now 14 and living with his adoptive parents, who call him “Jason,” has a new girlfriend… a girlfriend who, as it turns out, may have as big an unknown past as he does. This is a Roswell fic, despite the mention of Star Wars characters. It is not a crossover… also, it is not part of the Altered Time series. In the Altered Time series, Max never had a son except with Liz, and they live on Antar together. In this story, they are not on Antar. But Alex is still alive here, just as in that series. Why? Well… because it’s just wrong to kill Alex!

/\......./\
/^ \,,,,/^ \
(= º 0 º =)
/\

Island Breeze
Forum Moderator

Post by Island Breeze »

Goodbye
(1-part Lamptrimmer challenge fic)
Goodbye

http://users.aol.com/isndbreeze/MemoriesR2SigNom.jpg

Runnerup for Best Portrayal of Tess Harding, in Goodbye (Memories R2)

Forum: CC, K/T (Lamptrimmer)
Pairings: M/L, M/M, K/T, A/I, ALL

Summary:

What really happened to Tess after Liz drove her to the base and heard all those explosions and gunfire, and how will Kyle deal with news of Tess’ death? After graduation, our group leaves Roswell and goes on the run, but Kyle meets someone special a long ways from Roswell… and she has Tess’ eyes.

Nominations:

Best Lamptrimmer Fic (Majik's R2)
Best Lamptrimmer Fic (Memories R2)
Best Portrayal of Kyle Valenti (Memories R2)
Best Portrayal of Tess Harding (Memories R2)
Best Short Story (Majik's R2)

Awards & Other Honors:

Best Awwww Moments - Majik's World Comfort Zone Challenge
Best Fic Evah - Majik's World Comfort Zone Challenge
Memories Story Of The Week - Memories
Best Lamptrimmer Fic - Memories Round 2
Best Portrayal Of Kyle Valenti - Memories Round 2
Best Short Story - Majik's World Round 2
Best Portrayal Of Tess Harding- Runner-Up, Memories Round 2
/\......./\
/^ \,,,,/^ \
(= º 0 º =)
/\

The creators and producers of “Roswell,” Melinda Metz, who wrote the books, and Jason Katims, who brought us the TV series, deserve the credit for the Roswell concept, original characters, and any mention of events that occurred during the TV series, “Roswell,” which I do not own but merely lead down a path of imagination through the stars of a destiny that might have been. The song "Swamp Witch" is by Jim Stafford.
Island Breeze
Forum Moderator

Post by Island Breeze »

Swamp Witch
(1-part Halloween Dreamer special)
Swamp Witch

Forum: CC, M/L (Dreamer)
Pairings: M/L

Summary:

Swamp Witch is a 1-part Halloween Dreamer special. It is also a song-fic, based in part on the song “Swamp Witch” by Jim Stafford. Max went back to Antar many, many years before, and Liz waited for him to return as he had promised he would. But she had to move from Roswell to elude the special unit’s agents and the army, who were more than a little bit interested in her growing powers. She settled in the most isolated place she could find to live and waited. Now at the age of 102, she is still alone, and Max has not returned…

In the back of the Black Bayou lives an old woman whom the superstitious town folks believe to be a witch. She is rumored to have powers, and everyone leaves her alone. They distrust her and fear her out of ignorance, so when misfortune strikes the town nearby, “Black Water Hattie” is blamed, and some of the residents set out to find her and kill her… but thanks to “Hattie,” their night in the bayou is one they’ll never EVER forget, as Halloween literally comes alive.

Nominations:

Best Holiday Fanfic (RF R8 )
Best Short Story (RF R8 )
Best Banner (Majik's R2)
Best Fan Art (Majik's R2)

/\......./\
/^ \,,,,/^ \
(= º 0 º =)
/\

The creators and producers of “Roswell,” Melinda Metz, who wrote the books, and Jason Katims, who brought us the TV series, deserve the credit for the Roswell concept, original characters, and any mention of events that occurred during the TV series, “Roswell,” which I do not own but merely lead down a path of imagination through the stars of a destiny that might have been. Characters not from the show are my own.
Island Breeze
Forum Moderator

Post by Island Breeze »

The Big Secret
(A Valentine's Day challenge fic M/L & M/M)

Rating: TEEN or YTEEN (about like the show)
Pairings: M/L, M/M

Summary:

This was a Valentine’s Day challenge story at Majik’s World of Fanfic and had to include the phrases: "hot alien sex;" "evil bitch monster of death;" and "It's not just about sex, I really do love you." It also had to include a death (not necessarily a human being); some type of sporting event; reference to the song “I'm too Sexy” by Right Said Fred; a plunger; A goldfish; a giant heart-shaped box of chocolates; a bouquet of flowers; the color pea green; and be between 2000 and 5000 words.

Although it is a short, stand-alone story, it is mostly in line with the Altered Time series. Max, Michael, Liz, Maria, and the others are living on Antar after having left Earth to escape the special unit and to return Max to his rightful throne. It should be an easy read, even if you have never read any of the stories in that series.
Island Breeze
Forum Moderator

Post by Island Breeze »

The New Computer Program
(A "cliche" challenge fic, M/L, A/I, M/M)

Pairings: M/L, A/I, M/M

Summary:

This short story (A little over 2000 words) was written for the cliche challenge at Majiklmoonsrealm. The challenge was to write a short fic using at least three cliches, like Liz the saint (or the doormat), Alex the computer genius, etc. I think you will spot a few cliches here!

In most of my stories, and in all the stories of my Altered Time Series, Tess is not evil or is redeemed. This story and Buffy Goes To Antar are the exceptions to that and are not technically part of the Altered Time Series, though elements and characters from that series may appear in them.
Island Breeze
Forum Moderator

Post by Island Breeze »

The Chance Of A Lifetime
(A Special challenge fic for Pooh at Majik's World, CC, ALL)

Pairings: All

This short story was a special challenge fic at Majik's World for Pooh. The theme was "healing."

Just as in all the stories in my "Altered Time" series, in this story, Max and crew (including Kyle, Alex, and even Jim Valenti) are living on Antar after having to flee Earth because of an obsessed and out-of-control alien task force. The group is older now and they have families; and once in a while, they secretly visit Earth with their children, in Max's ship, the "New Granolith." This is one of those occasions.
Island Breeze
Forum Moderator

Post by Island Breeze »

Turkey Soup
(A Thanksgiving Story edited from chapters in the Altered Time Series)

This Thanksgiving story is adapted from chapter 59 of The Four Faces Of Rath. It is teen rated and includes all of our main Roswell characters from the show. Originally part of the Altered Time series, the story takes place on Antar after the special unit guys back on Earth went after even people who had had the most minor contact with Max, Michael, or Isabel. Jim Valenti was the hardest one to get to leave, but finally left with no choice, flee he did. Once on Antar, he took to the planet as though it were his, exploring the Nan-Torel, a dangerous Antarian forest avoided by the locals, and occasionally hunting in it. I think you'll enjoy this short story of the group's attempt to bring Thanksgiving to Antar. Oh! One other little thing! If you never read the Altered Time series, Jim married Kathleen Topolsky on Antar. How that happened is too long to tell here. Amy is there, too. She married Varec, Antar's most eminent young scientist. (except in The Night The Dreams Died Jim married Amy in the alternate dimension).

This story should be enjoyed by Dreamers, Candy Lovers, and Stargazers alike.
Island Breeze
Forum Moderator

Post by Island Breeze »

Christmas With The Children Of The Universe
(A Christmas Story edited from chapters in the Altered Time Series)
Christmas With The Children Of The Universe
(A Christmas Story edited from chapters in the Altered Time Series)

This Christmas story is adapted from a chapter in, Children Of The Universe. It is young teen rated and includes all of our main Roswell characters from the show. Children Of The Universe is part of the Altered Time series. In that series, Max and all the others are living on Antar after they all had to flee Earth. There's a lot more to how and why they got to Antar than that, but that's all you need to know to enjoy this story. While living on Antar, they've had many adventures, and one of these involved a remarkable little magical gnome-like man who called himself Frebel-Ish and who was apparently the only one of his kind. The name Frebel-Ish, however, just happened to be the name of a very popular Antarian storybook character who was a sort of all around "Mother Goose" and wish granter. It seems that the Hjity, who was quite real, had a habit of calling himself by the names of storybook characters from different planets, and he had turned his own planet into a massive storybook land, bringing to life many of the characters and myths of the universe. This was his passion in life. When Max and company first landed on his planet, in search of missing Antarian children, they had a time figuring the planet's secret out! This story happens months, or perhaps a year, after that, and the Hjity, Frebel-Ish, is helping to make our friends' big Christmas reunion party a success. That's enough background. Hope you like the story.

This story should be enjoyed by Dreamers, Candy Lovers, and Stargazers alike.