How was your day/week/weekend?

Share stuff not relating to Roswell here (that means TV, movies, books, other forms of entertainment, school, work...everything)

Moderators: singerchic4, Forum Moderators

behrlyliz
Addicted Roswellian

Re: How was your day?

Post by behrlyliz »

killjoy wrote:I took my nephews to go see Toy Story 3 today....that was kind of cool.But what sucked is that no one told me it was in 3D which made the tickets like five dollars more :roll: :lol:
Don't you hate that :roll: . I remember the days when the glasses were paperish/cardboardish-like and were included in the cost of regular admission.

Anyway, I had a busy day. My job gave us the forth off today and I took the kids to the movies to see Eclipse and Last Airbender. We also went to Stone Mountain Park to see the laser show. We've only ever seen it a million times, but the kids insisted on seeing it again.
Team Framing Hanley
My Fics~My Challenges~My Space
valentinebaby
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by valentinebaby »

behrlyliz wrote:
killjoy wrote:I took my nephews to go see Toy Story 3 today....that was kind of cool.But what sucked is that no one told me it was in 3D which made the tickets like five dollars more :roll: :lol:
Don't you hate that :roll: . I remember the days when the glasses were paperish/cardboardish-like and were included in the cost of regular admission.

Anyway, I had a busy day. My job gave us the forth off today and I took the kids to the movies to see Eclipse and Last Airbender. We also went to Stone Mountain Park to see the laser show. We've only ever seen it a million times, but the kids insisted on seeing it again.
What bothers me about it is that you're paying the extra money for the glasses, at least that's what their little sign says, but they won't let you reuse your old glasses from a previous movie. Here it's only $2 more a ticket though so I just do it anyways. Totally worth the extra money.
Cocogurl
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Cocogurl »

valentinebaby wrote:What bothers me about it is that you're paying the extra money for the glasses, at least that's what their little sign says, but they won't let you reuse your old glasses from a previous movie. Here it's only $2 more a ticket though so I just do it anyways. Totally worth the extra money.
I hate that because than it just feels like a total waste. If you're going to make me pay extra for some stupid glasses, I should get to keep them. And reuse them whenever I want.
valentinebaby
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by valentinebaby »

Exactly!
valentinebaby
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by valentinebaby »

I discovered that if you put scotch tape over mosquito bites it gets ride of the itch. Crazy.
RosDude
Addicted Roswellian

Post by RosDude »

valentinebaby wrote:I discovered that if you put scotch tape over mosquito bites it gets ride of the itch. Crazy.
Must try this now!

We went hiking today and the mosquitoes tore my ankles up. How the little bastards managed to get to them through my boots shall forever remain a mystery to me, but hey itch like crazy now.

~Chad~
valentinebaby
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by valentinebaby »

RosDude wrote:
valentinebaby wrote:I discovered that if you put scotch tape over mosquito bites it gets ride of the itch. Crazy.
Must try this now!

We went hiking today and the mosquitoes tore my ankles up. How the little bastards managed to get to them through my boots shall forever remain a mystery to me, but hey itch like crazy now.

~Chad~
http://tipnut.com/over-40-mosquito-bite ... lief-tips/

Just in case the tape doesn't work. I tried the vinegar but it didn't seem to do much except make it sting. They've been eating me while I go smoke on my deck, I'm out there for ten minutes and I'm covered. I brought a citronella candle and hopefully they'll leave me alone now, but the tape worked just about instantly. Another thing that really works is the benadryl bite sticks. Those things are great!
RosDude
Addicted Roswellian

Post by RosDude »

I had the most bazaar day today. School started back for two of my slaves shelvers today so I had a ton of work to do without them. I was sexually harassed by a drunk woman who for some reason smelt like beeswax. And can I ask who the hell decides to knock a few back in the middle of the day before making a leisurely trip to the local library? Anyway, the woman was later maced by security (not for sexually harassing me) and arrested. And if you’ve ever been around when someone was being maced you know it not only fucks up the person being sprayed, but pretty much everyone within a twenty feet radius. It gets all in the air and it’s just a nightmare to deal with. No one could breathe, and we had to clear out the entire second floor of the library.

So after work, I’m making my way home and I get to our street, and I see the entire street is pitch black dark. So I’m all, what the hell? Turns out there’s an entire neighborhood black out. And when I say black out I mean BLACK OUT. No one on our entire block, and about three surrounding blocks had any power. There’s a Walgreens on the corner of our street, and they didn’t even have power.

Thank god the weather has cooled down, or else we would have been in trouble. So since we had no power, we and a bunch of the neighbors had a huge cookout and sat outside most of the night, which was cool. Mack’s nosey and I’m a people person, so we ended up meeting a lot of people we didn’t even know lived on our street. Except my dog Larry kept scaring the carp out of people, since she doesn’t like anyone who isn’t me or my wife, so we had to lock her in the house by herself. This resulted in a lot of crying and scratching at the door, from her and her brothers.

Our power just came back on about an hour ago. I hate blackouts. It’s a bitch resetting all the clocks in our house, and all my popsicles are melting. Which I guess isn’t a big deal since they started out liquid anyway, but…whatever… I still hate blackouts.

So yeah, that was my day. Pretty eventful.

~Chad~
Sundae
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Sundae »

So I work at a college...and one of my co-workers son's friend comes to us for help the other day. He needs one more credit (course) to be able to join the military so he's looking for an easy class.

By this time though, most of the classes are full; but since we work at the college, we know people, so we tell him that he needs to go see so and so and they will be able to get him into a class as an over-ride.

The guy goes to the advisor and gets registered and he comes out all happy and excited saying he got registered for the last seat in a finger painting course.

Well, when we heard that...we all looked at each other funny. The college offers a finger painting course? We thought it was odd but we shrugged it off considering we offer courses like basket weaving too...so who knows, it could be a real class. I mean finger painting is art right?

So the guy goes to class last night, (how he didn't look at his schedule before that, I have no idea) but he goes to class and he sits down and starts feeling like things are not right. But he shrugs it off, then things start getting real weird when suddenly the lights are dimmed, the professor locks the door and in walks in a NUDE model. LMAO. Turns out it was a FIGURE painting course. And when the professor found out that he thought it was finger painting course, he started laughing. (The guy registered for the course is telling us the whole story).

Well I though this was hilarious and so I told my boss about it this morning. He had such a good laugh that he asks me if the nude model was a male or female. I told him that we didn't even get that far into the conversation since we were all laughing so hard. So my boss calls the Dean and I’m there the whole time, and in the midst of relaying the story back to the dean...there was this moment where my boss asks the Dean, "hey, do we know if the model in so-n-so's class is a male or female, you know in the figure painting course."

And the Dean responds over the phone "a what? A finger painting course?"

LMAO- HAHA – My day has been full of miss-communication today. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
SidneyAce
Addicted Roswellian

Post by SidneyAce »

Sundae: that's the best story i have heard in a long time. hilarious!! :lol: :lol:

"..I get hungry for love and thirsty for life
And much too full on the pain"
-Jason Mraz