How was your day/week/weekend?

Share stuff not relating to Roswell here (that means TV, movies, books, other forms of entertainment, school, work...everything)

Moderators: singerchic4, Forum Moderators

valentinebaby
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: How was your day/week/weekend?

Post by valentinebaby »

Rowedog wrote:I'm so tired. I've just started teaching 3/4's and they're exhausting. You know me though, can always find something to amuse myself and I generally do with some of the kids in my class and the things that they say. In fact, yesterday two of my boys wrote a story about a giant monster fish. Behold!

"The monster fish ate 972 people a day and 1000 ships. One day he ate a hairy dude with a beard. He died. The American Government decided that enough was enough and went to stop the giant monster fish."

I have no idea why the dude with the beard's death sparked the American Government into action, but one can only assume that the beard was magnificent.
ROFL Oh that's great. Sounds like some cute kids. I think I want some artwork to go with that story.
Rowedog
Forum Moderator

Post by Rowedog »

valentinebaby wrote:
Rowedog wrote:I'm so tired. I've just started teaching 3/4's and they're exhausting. You know me though, can always find something to amuse myself and I generally do with some of the kids in my class and the things that they say. In fact, yesterday two of my boys wrote a story about a giant monster fish. Behold!

"The monster fish ate 972 people a day and 1000 ships. One day he ate a hairy dude with a beard. He died. The American Government decided that enough was enough and went to stop the giant monster fish."

I have no idea why the dude with the beard's death sparked the American Government into action, but one can only assume that the beard was magnificent.
ROFL Oh that's great. Sounds like some cute kids. I think I want some artwork to go with that story.
You're in luck. They did drawings in between their paragraphs, so I'll take some photos and see if I can upload them.
Alison’s Fics

Round 13 Funniest Feedbacker
Round 14 Feedbacker You Follow Around The Board (Stalkers!!)
Round 14 Most Thought Provoking Feedbacker
valentinebaby
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by valentinebaby »

yay
nibbles2
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by nibbles2 »

Rowedog wrote: I have no idea why the dude with the beard's death sparked the American Government into action, but one can only assume that the beard was magnificent.
Clearly, the hairy dude with the beard was Jesus so of course the American Government had to get involved at that point.
Sundae
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Sundae »

nibbles2 wrote:
Rowedog wrote: I have no idea why the dude with the beard's death sparked the American Government into action, but one can only assume that the beard was magnificent.
Clearly, the hairy dude with the beard was Jesus so of course the American Government had to get involved at that point.

*chuckle* But the greatness of America shines through. Now, it could totally be Charlie Sheen or Gadaffi instead. Jesus who?

We all know Sheen and Gadaffi are being exiled.
Sundae
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Sundae »

Well...these past two weeks have been quite hellish. I'm swamped and I can't see the sky, but I can feel the rain falling and the storm sort of clearing.

It's midterms all this week and I'm stressed. I finally got my first break today before I have one last presentation and a final tomorrow.. I swear, I want to curse what evil God's that told me it would be a good idea to do Graduate School. They clearly need to be banished to Hades's realm and no, they cannot indulge in sins.

Oh well, I can' finally see the sky a little bit and I don't mean to alarm anyone or cause people to fall into their early graves, but its spring break next week people. SPRING BREAK for those that didn't hear me. I feel smug.
Earth2Mama
Obsessed Roswellian
Location: On Moya, keeping an eye on Aeryn because Crichton is MINE!

Post by Earth2Mama »

Sundae wrote:SPRING BREAK for those that didn't hear me. I feel smug.
I don't think I like you very much right now ... SMUG WITCH! :lol: Enjoy your break, you sound as if you sure could use one right about now. Unfortunately, I have to wait til May for my "spring break". :cry:

My day has been good, so far - well, unless you count this particular vendor I'm currently duking it out with. I work at a hospital and I expedite invoices to avoid us being placed on Credit Hold with our vendors. And this particular person is ... annoying the hell outta me.

She's an account (or credit rep) for a company that has been insistently calling/emailing me, demanding payment of "their money" so that our hospital's account won't go on a this Credit Hold - meaning, supplies we need won't be shipped until our bills are paid. Now, I understand that you are doing your job, but don't com off to me, demanding payment as if it's your personal money that is on the line.

Unless you personally own the company, biotch, *I* don't owe you jack-shit! :x
Winner - Best Feedbacker Award Round 6
Winner – Funniest Feedbacker & Most Helpful Fanatic Award Round 14
Winner - Most Thought-Provoking Feedbacker Award Round 15

made by April :D

4-ever a lamptrimming, stargazing, candy-hearted dreamer!

Tumblr- elliesinwonderland | YouTube - Earth2Mother
valentinebaby
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by valentinebaby »

I don't get spring break...although it would be nice, hey being a stay at home mom is hard, crazy, pull your hair out work...!

Anyways...my day? Well I have Ghiradelli dark chocolate brownies, all fresh and warm and gooey. I don't think I need to say more.
Sundae
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Sundae »

Earth2Mama wrote:
Sundae wrote:SPRING BREAK for those that didn't hear me. I feel smug.
I don't think I like you very much right now ... SMUG WITCH! :lol: Enjoy your break, you sound as if you sure could use one right about now. Unfortunately, I have to wait til May for my "spring break". :cry:
I have girl scout cookies too. Executive benefits of being a volunteer leader doing cookie season. What now? Jealous? :lol:

Thank you. Sadly, I do need the break since summer is fast approaching and everything will get even busier for me.

I'm really not liking this year so far, it's moving way too fast.
RosDude
Addicted Roswellian

Post by RosDude »

Spring break my a$$! It freaking snowed all of last night and some of today. SNOWED! And I've got plans tonight that do not involve snow. And here's the real kicker. Thursday it's going to get up to 77.

Man, God has got a real f-ed up sense of humor.

~Chad~