Pet Peeves

Share stuff not relating to Roswell here (that means TV, movies, books, other forms of entertainment, school, work...everything)

Moderators: singerchic4, Forum Moderators

killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Re: Pet Peeves

Post by killjoy »

RiceKrispy wrote:People who don't know how to keep their private lives to themselves! I don't want to hear about your sexcapades.
Whoooa..... :shock: Who's been talking about sexcapades that's got you so mad at them?
RiceKrispy
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by RiceKrispy »

My roommate has started hogging our room so that she can "nap" with her boyfriend. But she gives me these looks and this smile that tells me that they're doing anything but napping. The least she could do is have some consideration when it's 1am and I'm about to go to sleep. I fell asleep on the couch last night, only to be woken up when she had finished so she could tell me that I was allowed to go sleep in the room now. I was like, wtf.
Life is only as good as the memories we make.
killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Post by killjoy »

Only had to share a bedroom once....but that was back when I was a kid....so I don't know what that would be like as an adult
RiceKrispy
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by RiceKrispy »

I hate people who don't take care of their pets. My boyfriend's brother was trying to mate his german shepherd female with a male. It was so obvious that that dog was being beaten or something. He was really flinchy every time someone came near him and he freaked out when we tried to pet him. It was sad.
Life is only as good as the memories we make.
Morning Dreamgirl
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Morning Dreamgirl »

Couples who argue in front of everyone else or have no consideration for others who are close by. I mean, you want to have words, that's fine.

But to yell, scream and throw things at each other when others are around and are watching or listening - seriously, can we wait until we're alone please? I wouldn't expect (nor want) you to start randomly having make-up sex in front of me, so why would I want to watch you have WWIII in front of me? It's called self-control people: Get some!

And I agree: people who don't take care of their pets or who physically abuse them don't deserve to have them... (at the very least!)

Ashley
killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Post by killjoy »

Morning Dreamgirl wrote:Couples who argue in front of everyone else or have no consideration for others who are close by. I mean, you want to have words, that's fine.

But to yell, scream and throw things at each other when others are around and are watching or listening - seriously, can we wait until we're alone please? I wouldn't expect (nor want) you to start randomly having make-up sex in front of me, so why would I want to watch you have WWIII in front of me? It's called self-control people: Get some!

Ashley
But isn't that what Candy fans like the most about their couple :P :lol: :lol:
Jezebel Jinx
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Jezebel Jinx »

Morning Dreamgirl wrote:Couples who argue in front of everyone else or have no consideration for others who are close by. I mean, you want to have words, that's fine.

That reminds me of an incident about a year ago. I was waiting for the bus and across the street from the bus stop is this large parking lot behind a spanish market and this couple comes from the side of the market and into the parking lot. As they get closer to where I am I can clealy hear them yell at each other and the girl is hitting the guy and pulling on his shirt.

They continue to walk up toward me and the girl is pushing a baby carriage with two kids, not once has she stopped yelling at him and what happens...the start waiting for the bus right under the same covering I am standing in. :roll: The guy started calling her names and telling her to stop grabbing him and pushing her away. She's trying to disrobe him, telling him that she wants her things back. Meanwhile the two kids in the stroller were crying and I finally move away from them after about a minute or so because I was in shock that they are doing this no more than three feet in front of me.

The bus comes, I get on and of course they get on the same bus. Not once have they stopped fighting and the guy asks the bus driver if he could stop and open the door for him. So he gets off and the girl basically is offended that he left and follows him out of the bus.

I couldn't believe that those two would do this right in front of not only their children but me. There are two bus coverings where I catch the bus and they had to chose the one I was in. :roll: Lucky me.
Sig made by AngelFaith
My Fics
Ships: Bangel~Spuffy~Polar~Jumper~Drifter~X-tremer~Awakened Dreamer~Catfighter~Naley~Rogan~Liason~Chilly~Delena~Sebasthryn~Ezria~Jaylee
Morning Dreamgirl
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Morning Dreamgirl »

Well, Candy fans like it - and so do I - but when you're about to kill each other (and not in that "we have so much passion it has to get out somehow" kind of way), please try to remember there are other people around.

Jinx - yes, you were the lucky one, eh? *Laughs*

Although I don't know if I feel as bad for you as I do for the kids... you at least only had to deal with them for a bit - they got to go home with them! :roll:

Ashley
girl afraid
Addicted Roswellian

Post by girl afraid »

Edited.
Last edited by girl afraid on Sun Nov 16, 2008 7:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
it's better to rise than fade away.
Ansleyrocks
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Ansleyrocks »

Several pet peeves people have mentioned are ones that bug me as well.

My major pet peeve though is stupid of me but I can't help but want to cry every time I hear it. POPPING GUM BUBBLES! Ugh I hate that when they smack the heck out of their gum and just keep on popping the bubbles it is just a noise that I can't stand and when I have to listen to a person do that for two hours in class the urge to smack them is very strong!

Another pet peeve I have is spitting. It is a nasty habbit that a lot of people have and even worse they do so where people are walking. It makes a person look vulgar and rude and I can't believe that grown men and women still do so.