Yellow (M/L AU Mature) COMPLETE 08/06/2006

Finished stories that feature the characters from the show, but there are no aliens. All fics completed on the main AU without Aliens board will eventually be moved here.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Erina, Hunter, Forum Moderators

Poison Ivy
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Yellow (M/L AU Mature) COMPLETE 08/06/2006

Post by Poison Ivy »

Title: Yellow: I just want to hear your voice.

Author: Ivy

Rating: Mature

Coupling:
M/L

Disclaimer: Don't own anything

Summary:
What will you do if you met someone and you don't want to do anything else than say something and hear his voice, but you just can't? (This summary really sucks)

Author's Note: My niece has the same problem. She was my inspiration for this story, my first story. So feedback is a must! I hope you like it! Here we go!!

Thankx Evelynn for this beautiful banner!

Yellow: I just want to hear your voice

[Prologue ]

I’m Liz Parker. Whole my life I lived in a little town Roswell, New Mexico. That’s right, Alien Capital of the world. I went to the local High School and I had some good friends there. They treated the same as they treated everyone else, not because I’m different. That’s right ... I’m not like everybody else, I’m different. I’m Liz Parker and I am deaf.

I wasn’t always. When I was born, I was a normal healthy girl. It wasn’t as if I’ve been deaf whole my life. I turned deaf around the age of 6. It came sudden and the doctors don’t know from who I got it. Nobody in my family is deaf.

In the beginning, it was hard. I loved hearing the birds sing in the mornings, I couldn’t have that anymore. I was a little depressed and didn’t want to live to any further extent.

However, I started to get used to it and now I can’t even imagine a life where I could hear. Although sometimes I have moments where I wanted to be just as everybody.

Then I have my friends to comfort me. There’s Maria, my best friend. We know each other since the diapers and grew up together. We talk about everything and nothing. If you have a best friend yourself, you know what I mean. When I got deaf, she didn’t drop me like other friends did. She stayed with me. I’m so grateful to her.

Then you have Isabel, cold-hearted bitch , if you don’t know her. I met her in Junior High, but didn’t like her until High school. However, I got to really know her in detention. She didn’t know that I was deaf and seems like she yelled at me for ten minutes. So she had enough and came to me. Than she noticed I was the deaf girl. We’ve been inseparable ever since.

And last but not least Alex, president of … the chess club. Okay, maybe he’s a little a geek, he does have a biggest you can imagine! He’s absolutely great!

So that the people with who I spend my teenage years with at Junior high and High school. Maybe you think ‘Didn’t you have problems with hearing the things teachers say?’ Actually I did not. Of course there were things like documentaries or movies, if they’re weren’t subtitled. And I could read lips, so that wasn’t a problem.

If I had problems, there were always my friends who helped. My parents were also always helpful. You could say I had a quite normal youth.

I just graduated college in Boston; I thought I overcame all challenges possible in my life. I’m 23 now and I just faced my greatest challenge: Max Evans.
Last edited by Poison Ivy on Sun Aug 06, 2006 10:56 am, edited 22 times in total.
My Fics

"There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness. " --- Friedrich Nietzche
Poison Ivy
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Poison Ivy »

Thanks for the feedback I really enjoyed reading it!

Here's the next part! Enjoy!

------

Part 1

I woke up this morning with no smile on my face. The sun is shining, and normally I always have a smile on my face when the sun shins. Well, maybe because today it’s not a normal day.

Isabel got a call last week, her mother died. Problem is, since the age of 8 she never saw her mother again. Her parents divorced when she was 6. Her father got custody about her. Her mother left two years later to never be seen again. But about that part of her life she refuses to talk. Her father is now happily married to a lovely wife, Diane and she has been a great (step)mother to Isabel. I don’t even know if she has another brother or sister. Probably not, because it’s just stupid if you would split two kids up.

So yesterday Isabel & Alex -Yes, they are a couple now -, and I to New York for the funeral. Maria is already there, for a concert or two – That’s right, she’s a singer -. But I don’t if you can make it. She has been very busy lately. I didn’t see her for a month and let me say you that’s really long for the two of us.

So that’s where I am at this moment. At my room in the Four Seasons Hotel in New York. The limousine can be here any moment to bring us to the cemetery. In cause you didn’t know Isabel’s family is extremely rich.

I see the door opening and Isabel & Alex enter. “Hey honey, you’re ready?” Isabel says as I read it on her lips. “Off course, let’s go.” I answer while saying the same in sign language. Yeah I can speak, I just can’t hear myself while I’m speaking. I guess that if I was deaf at my birth I couldn’t speak.

When I get in the limousine, I see Maria. He hugs me and I say that I’m glad she’s here. I think Isabel can use all the support she can have. Although she didn’t see her for years, she’s or was still her mother. If one of my parents I would need a lot of support.

Half an hour later we’re standing at the cemetery. I don’t have a clue what’s going on. I’m staring at the ground, just like every else is doing. The priest is giving a speech, but I can’t just look at his face and read his lips, that’s not respectful.

A cross of me is standing a man, a gorgeous man I must say. I saw him talking to Isabel earlier and I wonder who he is. I think I never saw him. I think I just have to ask Isabel later. Speaking about her … I see that she can’t hold her tears any longer. But Alex, who’s standing next to her, gives her a shoulder. You can see, the perfect boyfriend.

Another half an hour later, we’re standing at Sharon’s house. Sharon was the mother. I’m sitting on a chair, watching everybody else. Maria already left, because she had to perform to night. Isabel is greeting people and Alex is standing next to her.

Now I see that the mysterious gorgeous man is walking towards Isabel. I see him shaking hands with Alex, which I assume is, because Isabel introduced the two. I wonder who he can be. Maybe he’s Isabel’s cousin or a neighbour or an old friend.

I’m still wondering, so I didn’t notice that Isabel, Alex and mystery man were coming towards me. I feel a hand on my shoulder. “Liz, let me introduce you. Liz, this is my brother Max … Max, this is one of my two best friends, Liz. Maria is the other one, but she already left.” Isabel tells to me.

I don’t know what to say. I didn’t know she had a brother. Why didn’t she live in Roswell with Isabel? I’m a little confused right now.

“My dad got custody over me, and my mum about Max.” Isabel says as she just read my mind. “Don’t tell me how they did it. Anyway I Max moved with her to New York when we were about 8. I hated my mother so I didn’t saw her ever again. But Max still liked his father, but he couldn’t choose to stay with him. So they made an agreement that Max would stay every summer with us in Roswell. But I never went to New York …”

Well, that explains why I hardly saw Isabel during the summers. I can see it’s getting a little too much for her and Alex is taking her outside. So now only Max and me are here alone.

“Want to follow them?” He asks me.

“Sure why not!” I wonder if he knows I’m deaf. I would say no.

We walk outside and I’m amazed. You should really see this garden. It’s really beautiful. Everywhere I see, there are colourful flowers. I think I never saw that many flowers together. He takes me to a bench near a pond. I see at his lips he wants to tell me something, but he doesn’t say anything. Either he’s scared or he doesn’t know how to formulate. But he’s getting the courage to do it.

“So … how long have you been deaf?” He’s saying with his mouth, while saying the same with his hands.

“How did you know I …? And how do you know sign language?” I really don’t know how he does.

“Well, my mum got in a car accident and turned deaf. She couldn’t say anything anymore. So ourr only way to communicate was to learn sign language ….” He says to me.

TBC
Last edited by Poison Ivy on Thu Nov 03, 2005 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Poison Ivy
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Poison Ivy »

So here the next part! Sorry I let you guys waiting, but I was away to London for a weekend and I had school and everything, but here's the next part and I hope you like it as much I did writing!

Thankx for all the feedback! It's lovely to read!

xxx Ivy

Part 2

3 years later

I wake up in my bed, my bed I’ve been sharing with Max for the last 11 months. I turn around and I see Max isn’t lying next to me.

Things went fast for Max and me after we first met. He moved to Boston a week later. Philip and Diane were moving there, so they could stay close to Isabel, who started working in a hospital as heath surgeon of the emergencies. I already lived there, because I fell in love with the beautiful city when I studied there, I couldn’t leave it. Although I loved growing up in Roswell, I thought I had for potential in Boston. So Max moved there too. We went out on a date the next day. We’ve been a couple ever since.

Max never had any problems with me being deaf. On the contrary I think she ever likes me more, just because I’m deaf. He loves me for the person I am, not for a reason I’m not like everyone else. Yes, he loves. The time he first said it, I remember as it was yesterday.

It was on a Friday night and we were celebrating our 6 months anniversary.

I’m in my studio working on a wedding dress for one of my biggest customer, nobody less than Olivia Miller, daughter of Count Thomas Miller. Yes, you hear me! A wedding dress … After college I decided to do something I always wanted to do … Open my own clothing store. With the help of Max and Maria I set up my own store. After a few months we gained famous and now I’m creating my first wedding dress for famous people. I couldn’t be happier at the moment.

I got my first big job, have a lovely family and I have the most gorgeous and sweetest boyfriend in the world, who I couldn’t miss for a thing in the world. Today is actually our 6 months anniversary, but I think he forgot it, because he hadn’t said a word about it. Ah well, there’s always our 1 year anniversary (if we make it that long).

It’s 15 past 6 PM and outside my assistant Evelynn and me, nobody’s here. Normally Max would have pick me up at 6 PM, but I’m guessing he got stuck in the traffic. That’s a possibility if you live in Boston.

I walk towards the store to find something there. I left my sketchbook there, at least I think so. I’m looking everywhere, but I can’t find it anywhere. Maybe it’s still at home. I look outside to see the Christmas lights everywhere. It’s almost Christmas and I love this time of the year. It’s a time of peace and happiness.

As I look to the right I see Max walking my direction. I don’t think he saw me, because I see his mouth moving and it seems like he’s talking to himself. I try to see what he’s telling. But I can’t, because he’s too far away. I continue to follow his movements until he’s standing right before the window. He still didn’t see me, since he’s staring at the ground.

I knock on the window and I think he jumped out of his gaze, as he’s looking around to see who or what did that. Then my eyes meet his and he smiles. You should his smile; it’s to most beautiful and most natural smile in the world. When you see it, you automatically smile yourself. I wave at him and his smile gets ever bigger, so as mine.

He walks towards the entrance and I open it. For a moment he’s standing there, just looking in my eyes. Then he walks towards me and gives me a light kiss on my lips. “Hi …” He says to me as he pulls away, but I stop him and capture his lips in a passionate kiss. After a few minutes we stop and our heads are resting against each other.

“Hi,” I say “What where just staring at?”

“I was captured by your beauty,” he answers with his hands.

I blush and I smile. He says the perfect things to make me smile. He’s perfect, he really is. He completes me in every way that you can imagine and I hope we’ll stay together forever.

I look in his eyes and I see something different than a few minutes ago. It’s still a positive things. I look again and now I recognise it. It’s his surprise look. He’s up to something. That’s one great thing about being deaf, you can just look in someone’s eyes and you can see what they’re thinking of what they mean. You can just read them like a book. I love it.

I wonder what he’s up to and so I ask.

He doesn’t say anything, but his eyes tell me everything; they tell me that we’re going to his place for a romantic dinner. I nod.

He smiles. He puts his finger in the air that means he’s one minute away and he will be back very soon. I look at him as he goes to my studio. I think he’s saying Evelynn we’re leaving.

I think about him and about he changed my life forever. But I don’t have long time to think, because he’s already back with my coat on his left arm. His other arm is on his back. I wonder what it is. He walks over to me, and when he’s standing right in front of me and his arm appears before him and the most beautiful flowers I have ever seen. Sunflowers, my favourite of them all. “Happy 6 months anniversary!” He mouths to me.

He didn’t forget! And this was his surprise! And boy I’m surprised!

3 hours later we finished dinner. What a dinner … Max prepared it himself, I think I found my new favourite food: deeped-fry vegetables and fruit with a light sauce. It was delicious from the beginning till the end. Dessert was fun, he made tiramisu and I love it with whipped cream. I put it on my tiramisu, but that stupid aerosol didn’t work. Max wanted to help and when he did, the thing splintered and my face was covered with whipped cream. He smiled, but he kissed my face clean afterwards.

Now we’re laying together on the couch. We’re saying nothing, at least I think he’s saying nothing. Remember, I can’t hear him. We’re laying together like this for another 10 minutes, just enjoying each other’s company. Then he stands up, and now we’re looking each other in the eyes.

Then he raises his hand and form that famous sign. That sign everybody knows, even if you aren’t deaf. The sign that express the three most beautiful words in the world. He opens his mouth and says it: “I love you.”

I don’t know what to say. I’m captured by this. I totally didn’t expect it. I thought it was too soon. But I’m so happy that he feels that way for me; that he feels the same way as I do for him. So I say him. “I love you too!”

We don’t waste another moment and our lips are sealed together. Our lips are battling, fighting … He stands up, takes me in his arms and leads us to his bedroom, while our lips are still touching each other.

That was one of the most beautiful nights in my life. We made love for the first time and it will be something I never forget.

I get out of the bed, put on my clothes and walk over to the kitchen, where I see the man of my dreams making breakfast.
Poison Ivy
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Poison Ivy »

Hey, here's the next chapter!

Thankx for all the feadback!

Well, enjoy!

xxx Ivy!

Part 3

I stand in the kitchen and see him there. He’s perfect in every way, the way he looks, the way he handles things, the way he loves me … I keep staring at him for another 2 minutes, when I walk slowly and silently to him. When I’m standing behind him, I cast my arms around his good-looking chest, while I say: “Good morning, my love!”

He’s surprised and turns around. “You’re awake? You weren’t supposed to be awake. I was giving you breakfast on bed!” I see him say.

I smile and kiss him on his dazzling lips. “Well, you know, I could back to bed and pretend to sleep and maybe you can join me …” I ask him while he’s staring at my lips.

I can see in his eyes that there’s something and I hope it’s nothing bad. He doesn’t move his mouth, but uses his hands to tell me why. “I would love to do that. But you know what will happen if I would go with you back to bed …” He smiles shyly and I do too. “And I have to meet with Isabel in an hour. So I think it isn’t a good idea.”

I’m a little disappointed, but I know he’s right. He has an assembly with his sister about her wedding that’s coming in two weeks. Yeah, that’s right. Isabel and Alex are finally getting married after dating a little over 4 years. Alex finally proposed at the beginning of the summer. Isabel first frightened, he was afraid that he didn’t want to marry her. So I talked to Alex and he said that he was planning on doing it for a long time. He wanted to be perfect. But for Isabel’s reaction he did it earlier. I didn’t think I ever saw her happier then, when he got down on one knee. They’re getting married at the first of January. Can you imagine that? A new year and a new start for the both of them. How romantic …

I give him a kiss on his forehead and go sitting at the breakfast table.

Reflecting about marriage has got me thinking. Maria and Michael also go engaged last month, but they aren’t planning to get married until next summer. Maria is ending her present tour in April, so they’re waiting for after that to say ‘I do’.

I see all my friends getting married to the people they love and I wonder if I ever would get married. Max always told me don’t want to; because after the failed marriage of his parents, he would get up divorced also. But on the contrary, his dad is now happily married for 17 years already to Diane and they’re so happy. Maybe he’ll change his mind, because I would do anything to become his wife.

And I want to have children. I always loved and adored them and I hope soon that Max and me will have them for our own. Talking about children … Isabel is pregnant. She will be having a beautiful baby girl in about 7 months. Too bad, I can’t talk about it with Max. I’m the only one – outside Alex – that knows she’s pregnant. I don’t know when she’s pronouncing it to the rest. It’s hard to keep something as big as this from Max. Isn’t that great?

We have breakfast in silence … but he gives me that strange looks from time to time. I wonder why? He stands and begins to clean the table. But then he stops and looks at me … why is he doing that? He knows he makes me blush when he stares at me. Still, he does it everyday … “What?” I ask him.

“Oh, nothing I was just thinking about Isabel and why he has to meet me so soon after calling me yesterday.”

“Max, that was not the reason why you were staring …”

“Okay, I confess, it wasn’t. I was captured by your beauty.” He says as I read it on his lips. Who, that’s a cliché sentence. He says it like a thousand times a day … but still every time he says it, I blush. And he knows I do and when I blush, he smiles and always gives me a kiss on the forehead. So is he doing know. But now, his lips are kissing my face from the top to the bottom and before I know it our lips are sealed together in a sweet kiss. God, I love those kisses. I love the most in our terrific relation ship.

After a few moments we stop and our heads are resting against the other one. “So, what are your plans today?” He asks me.

“You know Maria is in town.” Of course he knows it, we – Max, me, Isabel, Alex, Maria and Michael - all are getting together for dinner tonight. “So we’re going shopping and everything girls like us to do … just talking and catching up. And we’re going lunching together.”

I see that Max smile fades a little. Ha, he thought we were getting lunch together. He’ll just have to wait till tonight after dinner with the gang to be intimate with me! Maria and I had this day planned for weeks and I don’t want anything to ruin it. It’s a long time ago that I’m actually going to spend several hours with my best friends. By the way, Max isn’t home alone. He has Isabel to have fun with.

An hour later Maria and I are walking in one of the biggest malls of Boston and just talking about what happened the past week. We see a banc and go sitting. “So Lizzie how’s everything with Romeo?”

I smile. Things with Max were good the last weeks. We’ve done a lot together and I loved it. “Things are really good, great actually, but …” I can’t finish the sentence. Maria would think I’m stupid.

“But what?” She says to me, using her hands. Yes, Maria can do sign language too. She started learning it after spending a weekend with me and Max 2 years ago. We were only communicating with our hands, and Maria didn’t know about what we were talking so she was really pissed. A few weeks later, the three of us were alone again and Max and me were doing the same again, but then Maria said ewwww, she understood us. We were talking about intimate things and Maria didn’t need to know that. Since then, Max and I only talk about those things in private. “Liz, honey, you can tell me. You know I would never thing you are stupid.”

Can she read minds or something?

“Well, okay then. You know, Isabel and Alex are getting married in two weeks and you and Michael are engaged and everything.” Maria raises her head and I think she know where I’m leading to.

“And you want to get married too?”

“Yeah, I really do. But you know Max’ opinion. He doesn’t believe in the meaning of marriage!”

“Oh honey, you don’t have to worry about that. I know for sure that he’ll pop the question. And if she doesn’t, I’ll come after him and will make him do it!”

“You would do that for me?”

“Of course, you know I would do anything!”

She smiles and throws her arm around my neck, while burying my head on her shoulder.

TBC
Last edited by Poison Ivy on Sat Dec 10, 2005 4:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Poison Ivy
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Poison Ivy »

Back with a new chapter! Hope the feedbackers and the lurkers like it!

Maxsgurl: Glad you found it, I just it also very often and I actually like using it!
begonia9508: We'll see in Max'll change his mind ;)
Emz80: hope you like the next also!

Thanks for the feedback!

xxx Ivy

-------

Part 4

Maria and I are still shopping. Maria has already all her presents for her loved ones for Christmas. I have also gifts for everyone. Everyone outside Max … But what do you buy for your boyfriend, who’s actually a lot more than your boyfriend, but not you fiancé?

Do you have any ideas? Cause I really don’t know …

I say to Maria that I really have to get a sit right now. I’m a little tired at the moment. I don’t know why, but lately I have that a lot. It’s just flew I guess. It’s winter and a lot of people have it.

Then I see Maria staring at me. She wants to tell me something, but she’s hesitating to tell me. I know that she wants me to ask what’s wrong and then she’ll tell me. “Okay, spill it? What’s the matter!”?

Now I see a smile on her face! See, I was right! Now she’ll tell me! But she doesn’t … Okay, now I’m a little scared! It can’t be something bad or is it? Myself, I don’t say anything, I only utilize my hands. “What’s wrong, Maria, now you’re really scaring me …”

Her smile becomes bigger and that smile tells me that she was only kidding me and it’s something big! Something big, but good!

“Liz, I’m pregnant!!” She says to me excited! Whooo, I’m a little shocked! This was not that I expected! I didn’t think Michael and Maria planned this, but I know for sure they will cherish it to death.

“Maria, that’s …, you too?” Oh, that I shouldn’t have said! But the words slipped my mouth before I knew it. Now, Maria will interrogate me until I say what I meant with that.

“What do you mean ‘you too’? Are you too pregnant?”

“No, I’m not pregnant … You know Max and I aren’t ready for that step!” I say. But it’s not entirely true. I’m totally ready for children. Max is the one that isn’t.

I see Maria a little disappointed. If I were pregnant, a little dream of her would come out. That was that Maria and I would be pregnant together. “Oh, Okay! But if you aren’t … who is??? …. Oh Is Isabel pregnant? … Yes, she is!!” She says all getting excited, well that’s just Maria! She knows it, by reading my eyes. Damm, I’m so can’t lie. Do I have to follow a course in lying or something? “That’s great! That’s really great! Then we get to do shopping together for baby clothes and … I have to call Michael! He’ll be excited too!!!” Oh no, she mustn’t do that! Nobody is allowed to know that! Isabel has to be the one to tell it!

“Maria, no! You can’t tell Michael! Nobody knows expect me! And I actually shouldn’t have said it! She wants to tell it on her own terms!” I say to her, hoping she will calm down a little! Whoh, she gets whole wild, when she’s excited!

‘Oh, okay! I won’t tell!” She says and we continue our trip in the mall! I see a little shop at the end of it and I find the perfect gift for Max.

A few hours later Max and I are making out on our bed. Making out, doesn’t sound that a little like we’re teenagers? Well yeah, but I like doing it, so I just do it!

It’s 6 P.M. and in two hours we are meeting with whole the gang at the restaurant. Not just any restaurant, Amy Deluca’s Restaurant! She’s so proud of it and you should see Maria when she tells about it! She should see her eyes.

I stop Max from kissing me all over my body, because if he continues I absolutely sure that we’ll have sex. And believe me or not, I’m not in the mood for that.

He doesn’t want to stop, how hard I try, he doesn’t stop. I only know one manner to stop him. Want to know what it is?? Tickling …. He hate it when I don’t it and he can’t stand it! And what did I say you, he stopped!

“Okay, no we’re done with that.” I speak with my hands. “How was it with Isabel?”

He’s a little disappointed that I wanted to stop, but he’ll get over it. He just answers my question. “Oh, nothing really special. She just wanted to talk a little about the last details of her wedding …”

I see his eyes and I know that he’s not telling me everything. I stare in his eyes and he notices that I know that he didn’t tell me everything. “Okay, okay I tell …” What a little staring can do …

“Isabel is pregnant!” Yes, she told him! No more secrets between Max and me!

“Finally, I thought it would take forever to say that to someone else.” He looks surprised and he has a look. That kind of look ‘my sister told my girlfriend first that she was pregnant before me’! Quite amusing to see!

“Wait, you already know? And she told me that I was the first outside Alex. That stupid …”

“Whooh, you’re not going to finish that sentence. She’s your sister and she loves you. You love her and there’s no way in the world you’re gonna call her stupid. Okay?” I say, hoping that he’ll calm down. I know he hates it, when he is the last one to one something important.

“Okay ..” He says with a calmed voice.

“It’s probably just that Isabel needed to tell to somebody or she would die. And maybe if was the first in the neighbourhood. But we both know now. So let’s stop arguing. We both know that we hate it!” I voice him.

“Okay, It’s just. I’m the brother. I should know first!”

“Max!” I yell. I know when I yell that he’ll shut up with that stupid nonsense of his.

“Okay … I’ll shut up.” He says with not so happy face. But then he starts smiling. Oh no! “So, where were we?” He says once again and his mouths come dangerously close to mine, but I stop him just at time before his lips would have crashed on mine.

“No, Max! Not more! We have to get ready or else we’re going to miss dinner with the rest!” That wouldn’t be the first time if we did, so it can happen a second time!

“Okay, okay!” He declares with his hands. He leaves the bed and goes to the bathroom.

TBC
Poison Ivy
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Poison Ivy »

Whooooh, this part really took a lot energy to write. But I hope it's worth reading. I really really hope you like this part! Well, on with the show!

Great part...for a minute there I thought Liz was pregnant as well lol...maybe, she did say she is tired.

I love using sign as well lol...it's a great way to talk to someone without others understanding!
Thanx for this lovely feedback! I always love reading that kind! Hope you'll feedback after this part!

I hope others will feedback too!

xxx Ivy

Part 5

The six of us, just ended dinner. Isabel made reservations in ‘Roulets’, the best Spanish restaurant in whole Boston and as you know it Amy’s restaurant. It was a very delicious meal.

Alex and Isabel started dancing like 10 seconds ago and Michael is over his way to Maria It would be stupid, if Max and I would stay seated.

This is the most hated reason of being deaf. I can’t hear the music. I can’t dance at the tones of the music like I used to do, when I still could hear. But I guess it doesn’t matter that much. When Max and I dance, I can feel the music and I feel in heaven then.

Max is standing up from his chair, walking over to mine, reaches his hand out and says: “Liz, darling, would you do the honour of dancing this song with me?”

He does that every time. Every time we’re going to dance, he says that exact same words. It always makes me blush. I hate it when he does that. I kind of feel vulnerable at that moment, because I can’t control my own feelings. No one ever did that to me, like he does. I stop thinking and answer his question. “I would love to.” I always say those words too.

We start dancing and I let me leading by Max. It’s too bad that I can’t hear the music, but just being here in Max’s arms make it better.

The song ends and Max leads me back to our places at the table. The other two couples also join us at the table and I hope it’s finally time for the big announcements of both of the couples.

I see Isabel and Maria looking at each other and I know what they are going to do. They ‘re going to pronounce it at the same time. “We’re pregnant!”

Alex, Michael and Alex look a little surprised, cause they all didn’t know that there are two women pregnant.

I see all the joy and I can’t take it anymore. I excuse myself and go to the bathroom.

I start to cry a little. It’s not that I’m not happy for them, it just they’re getting married and they’re going to have a baby, they can all hear. I don’t have any of those things. I’m so jealous of them. Then suddenly I see in the mirror that Max is entering and I turn around so that he can’t see that I cried.

But he knows what the matter with he and me comforts me, while my head lies on his shoulder. After a few minutes of standing like this, he removes my head from his shoulder to look me in the eye as he says. “Honey, I know that this must be a little hard for you. But you don’t have to worry. You’ll have those things also one day …”

“I will?” I ask hopefully.

“Yes, of course. I want to marry you; I want to be the father of your children in the future. Someday, but not right now.”

I look into his eyes and I see that he’s telling the truth.

I smile. “Max, can we go home right now?”

“Of course, angel, anything you want.”

We get home twenty minutes later and the first thing he does when we enter our home, he kisses me all over my face. I stop him, he knows what I want.

He’s not standing behind and he lays his hands on my shoulder and gives me a kiss in my neck. “Do you feel better now?” He asks with his hands.

“Yes.” I whisper.

“A little bit happy?”

“A little bit yeah ..” I answer, still with a whispering tone, I think.

I turn around to him and I see he smiles and then he gives me a long, hot, passion kiss. “You know, you look incredibly sexy tonight …”

I smile. I’m sexy? You know, that thing I wasn’t in the mood for, I really am now!

I see that his fingers are slipping to the straps of my dress, but I stop him. “Not here, let’s go to the bedroom.”

He smiles and carries me over to our bedroom and he puts me down onto the bed. He steps backwards and smiles mysteriously.

“What’s the matter?” I ask, a little scared.

“You know, you’re the best thing what ever happened to me. You know that, right?”

“Oh Max …”

He kneels in front of me and puts his fingers on my lips. “Don’t speak. Words break the illusion!”

I stay quit as he slowly slips my dress down. He kisses my shoulders that glow in the soft light of the full moon, shining through the window of the bedroom. He unties my bra and I sigh in ecstasy. I feel all of these emotions, coming over me. I feel erotic, happy, joyful, … but the most I feel loved. I never thought I would feel loved.

He stares at me for a moment, but his lips are not moving. My heart is banging so hard that I think he can hear it, that he can see it bang under my chest. Slowly he puts his hands out to me, he caress me.

I groan and I lay down on my downy pillow. I close my eyes and let him do all the work. Well, not work really. I know he loves doing this to me. He kisses my whole body, beginning at my lips slowly, over my shoulders, to my breasts and my belly button. Then he goes back to my lips and slowly removes my panties, while still kissing me passionately.

His left hand goes to my most intimate spot and little by little he slides one finger inside me. I shout, I feel like I’m in seventh heaven. He knows what to do to make me feel that way. He continues what he started, his left fingers inside, his right hand massaging my breast and his lips crashed to mine.

I feel my end coming. This feels so good. He knows what to do and trust one last time inside before I explode and I rill whole over my body.
I open my eyes and connect with this, fulfilled with completeness.

Then I notice that he is still fully clothed. I begin to unbutton his shirt, but he stops me and continues himself, a lot faster than I ever could. Now we’re both fully naked and I see him reaching out to his nightstand.

I know what he’s looking for; he’s looking for a condom. Yeah, I can’t use the pill, if I would that would lower the chance of me ever hearing again or something. It’s a little annoying, but Max said that we couldn’t risk that.

I stop him. I see his eyes and they are declaring confusion. “Don’t … Not tonight!” I tell him, while I shake no. I don’t want to use a condom tonight. I want to feel him completely tonight. I know there’s now a risk at pregnancy, but I now know more than everything, Max and me are ready for a baby. We not really discussed it; we’ll do at another time. If I don’t get pregnant tonight, there always will be tomorrow.

He kiss his my red coloured lips and then positions himself between my legs and slithers at a snail's pace inside me, just the way I like it.

We create a slowly, but steady rhythm and I hear us both groaning for joy. I feel my release coming and I scream out his name. “Maaax!”

“Liiiiz!” I see him say at the same moment.

We both are trying to catch our normal breathing again and a few minutes later we get there. We crawl under the blankets and I lay my head on his chest.

Whoh, that was great and different. It was exhausting, but also ecstatic. We both feel tired, but satisfied. All the worries disappeared. Our love gives us the feeling of immortality, because a love that is so big as our love couldn’t be anything else than blessed and sheltered. We both feel asleep in each other’s arms, covered by trust and my dreams, floating on the wings of our love and our fantasy.

TBC
Poison Ivy
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Poison Ivy »

The next part as promised! I'll hope you like it!

begonia9508
Maxsgurl
icequeen
lazza
POM
Sweet Liz
maya

Thanks for the lovely feedback!

Part 6

<I>Two weeks later</I>

I open my eyes and I see it’s almost 2 P.M. That can’t be possible or is it? Well, maybe, I mean it was rather late yesterday.

Isabel and Alex got married yesterday, at the first of January. It was a beautiful wedding, really beautiful.

There weren’t many people, but it was so charming. Max was the best man, and I read his speech and I almost had to cry. Maria was maid of honour. And she did a wonderful job. It was like I didn’t want to be a maid of honour. But the three of us made a pact back in high school. Maria would be maid of honour at Isabel’s wedding, me at Maria’s wedding and Isabel at my wedding. If I ever get married … I really hope soo …

Well, any way, Me and Max danced the whole evening at the tones of the music. I didn’t hear the music, I felt the vibrations of the music and it made me feel like heaven. Max made me feel like heaven. He makes me feel likes heaven.

I sit up and I see him sleeping. He’s so peaceful. You mean, you just have to look at him and you know he’s that kind of guy that makes you feel like you’re walking on clouds, feel like there’s no one more important than you, feel like you own the world. He makes me feel that way.

I wonder every day why I get so lucky to have him in my life, to call him my boyfriend. I wonder each day why he chose me. I love him so much, you can’t imagine how much. It’s beyond words.

“Max, you know I don’t deserve you, right? You could chose a millions other girls, but you chose me … Why? I’m just a deaf girl, nothing offering you. I’ve been thinking a lot in the beginning. But I changed my opinion. You’re amazing. I love you with al my heart, I know you love me. I want to spend the rest of ours lives together. I want us to get married, to have lots of children.

But you don’t want that. You don’t want to get married to me, or at least you don’t want to get married to anyone. You don’t have children …

I all want that and you don’t. Something happened when you were younger. That’s why you don’t want to. Why can’t you just tell me why? You know that I always listen to you.

That sounds funny, isn’t it? I would listen to you, but I can’t hear you. You don’t have an idea how much it sucks to be deaf. When I became deaf, it was a problem to me. But I got used to it, and I started living again.

But lately, I just have one wish. To hear you speak. You know, we know each other for three years and not once did I hear your voice. I don’t even know what my voice sounds like. I think I would be great, just to hear again. That’s my greatest wish. I think ever bigger than my wish to marry and to have kids. I just want to hear your voice. It’s a total disaster.

See you here lying. You look so gentle and silent. I wonder if you heard everything I just said.

I want you so bad.” I say to him. I know he can’t hear me. When he sleeps, there must be an elephant yelling a thousand time harder than he normally he does and he still wouldn’t wake.

I remember yesterday. When we got back from Izzy and Alex’s wedding, it was already 3 A.M. when w got back at our apartment. But we both didn’t feel like sleeping, instead we rushed to bedroom and we made love for several hours. We felt asleep in each others arms.

And now it’s morning and I don’t feel alright. We didn’t use a condom yesterday, but after the time we made love without any protection, he thought it was for the best that I went on the pill The reason? Apparently, he still isn’t ready for a baby.

I’ve got the feeling, that we grew apart the last two weeks. We’ve been avoiding each other. Not last night, but the past two weeks we did.

I don’t know what’s getting into me. But I know what I have to do. I need to get some time away from Max. Yes, that’s what I need.

I get up from the bed and walk in the living room to get the phone. I’m going to call my parents. “Hey, mum … Yes, I’m fine… Yeah, I will tell him … I wondered, is it okay if I stayed for a couple of day with you guys in Roswell? … I don’t know what happening between us, I just need to get away … Okay, thanks mum … I think I’ll be there tonight. Can you pick me up from the airport? … I’ll ring you later to tell what time I’ll be there … Okay, I love you to mum. Bye!”

You’ll probably wonder. I’m deaf, I don’t call on the phone. But this is a special phone, hard to explain how it works. But it allows me to communicate with other people via the phone.

I walk back to the bedroom and see Max is still asleep. I think it’s for the best, if I didn’t wake him. Because if he would know, he would do everything to stop me from going. But I have to go. It’s what I need. And by the way, I haven’t seen my parents in a while and I haven’t been in Roswell for over a year.

I pack my things as quite as possible. I don’t want to wake up Max. I decide to leave a note. I don’t want him to get worried about me.

<I>Dear Max,

By the time you will read this, you’ll have noticed that I’m not in the apartment anymore. It’s difficult to write this. You know how much I love you, don’t ever forget that.

You know that things aren’t as they used to be between us. We’re not the same as a few months ago. Things happened to our friends, that I want that happen between us too, but you don’t want that.

I need some time for myself. I need to set up things for me and to find myself again. And I have to do that without you.

I only am going away for a couple of days or weeks. Don’t try to find me. I’ll call you in a few days.

I need to do this for myself.

I love you.

Love, Liz. </I>

I lay it on the kitchen table. I grab my bag and I walk towards the door. I look a last time and walk out of our apartment.
Poison Ivy
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Poison Ivy »

Yeah!!! I'm back with a new chapter! I'm so trilled, I didn't know so many people like this story until my author's chat last week. So that's why I dedicated this part to all the people who were present on my author's chat!

And I really want to thank Sandra (Bixie) and Lissalou (mmmcherron) for betaing this part on so short notice! They only did this part, and I'm very grateful because of it ...

So here's the next part! Hope you like it!

Part 7

I’m laying here in my bed in Roswell where I spent my whole childhood and teen years. This is the bed where I cried so many times. I remember all those times, where I would come home crying from school when someone teased me again about my deafness. But that was a long time ago and I have to forget them.

I head downstairs and I see my mum making breakfast. She made toast and eggs. I smile and I remember Max in the morning. He always makes tons of breakfast and we always have a lot left that we didn’t eat. The leftovers went to the neighbor’s dog.

It’s been 4 days since I last saw him. I didn’t call him yet, I don’t know why. I haven’t got the power and courage, I think. He called my parents several times, but I told them to say I wasn’t here. Nobody knows I’m here, except my parents.

According to my parents Maria and Isabel tried to call me numerous times on my cell. Now I’m glad I’m deaf, I can’t hear them.

I know I need to inform someone where I am. But I’m just not ready to face them yet. Especially Max, I can’t see him right now.

I stare at the bracelet I got from Max for Christmas. It says ‘Max and Liz forever’. It was then when I realized I couldn’t take it anymore. If he wanted us forever, why then is it so hard to propose? I should have left then, but I couldn’t miss Isabel’s wedding. So I decided to stay another week, but at the wedding it was the same.The whole time he said ‘us forever’ and I knew I was yet again under a spell from his words.

But I knew we were living a fantasy, that at some time we needed to get out of, and face reality. I just decided to take the first step. It was a hard one to take, but I had to do it. I decided to write Max a letter. That way I don’t have to face him. I’m going to break up with him. I need my time alone, I never got to experience the real life. I met him right after college and we just hooked up right away. I was always with him.

I eat my breakfast and go back upstairs to my room. I take a piece of paper and start to write.

Dear Max,

I know you’ll be worrying right now about where I am. I’m safe and you have nothing to worry about. If you think really hard, you’ll know where I am.

I promised to call you, but I’ve decided to write you this letter, because if I would call via the videophone you would enchant me again with your words and I would come back immediately. But I can’t do that, I just can’t.

Max, the last few months, maybe even years, we were living in this fantasy. It wasn’t real anymore.

I can’t take that anymore and I need a break from this, what we call a relationship. Is it really a relationship? I always thought that a relationship was about loving each other, giving and understanding. I may love you, but I’ve always had the feeling that I was the only one that was giving. And that you don’t understand me.

I need to see what I am without you. Ever since I graduated from college, I never got to experience the real life. I mean, just free dating, not being committed to someone yet.

I need my freedom for some time.

You know I always dreamt of the man that I would marry and would spend the rest of my life with. I would know from the first moment I saw him that he was the one for me. He would treasure me forever and ever. And we would have a fairy tale wedding and we would have 4-5-6 children.

Max, from the moment I saw you for the first time at your mother’s funeral, I knew you were the one for me. At least that was what I was thinking. But now I’m having seconds thoughts about it. Over the years that we were together I had these dreams of our wedding. I would wear my dream dress that I designed myself. I also would have designed all the dresses of my bridesmaids. Isabel would be my maid of honour. Michael would be the best man. And there was a little girl with dark curly hair, she was about the age of 4, who was the flower girl.

And the whole ballroom would be decorated with my favourite flowers, sunflowers as you may know. After our wedding, we would go on our honeymoon to a place that I would call the most beautiful place on earth. I just know what it looks like, I really don’t know the name of the place.

But that wasn’t even the best part. At our wedding, I was reading my wedding vows – we both wrote ours – and then as the priest spoke, I heard him without looking at him. I could hear. That was the biggest surprise of them all. I could hear.

But because of that, I know that that dream would never become a reality. Because I’ll always be deaf. And we will always be not married. I gave that dream up. And now I’m also giving up on us.

Please understand me. I love you with all my heart, but I can’t do this anymore. I don't want do this anymore.

If we are really meant to be together, we will be together again someday. And if that day will ever come, you’ll have to make some sacrifices, Max. Just like I did.

You will always have a special place in my heart.

Love, Liz.

I reread the letter and decide I have to do this.

I put the letter in an envelope and place it with the other letters that need to be posted. My dad is going to do that later today.

I go upstairs, back to my bedroom. I’m feeling dizzy. I’m losing my balance, as I fall down the stairs I close my eyes as I feel darkness taking over.
Last edited by Poison Ivy on Mon Feb 20, 2006 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Fics

"There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness. " --- Friedrich Nietzche
Poison Ivy
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Poison Ivy »

Yeah another part! This part is dedicated for my faithful readers. Hope you like this one!!

Everyone seems to think Liz is pregnant? Why would you think that? It could be something else ...

Enjoy!

Very thanks for my wonderful beta madroswellfan!

xxx Ivy

Part 8

I’m a total wreck right now. It’s been 6 days since I last saw Liz. I totally blew it with this woman. My woman, my girl. Why don’t I have the courage to just go to her and ask her to marry me? I’m a coward.

6 days since I last saw Liz. It feels like an eternity. That morning she left and I read her note, my heart literally broke. It fell to pieces and I don’t think I ever felt as terrible as at exact moment. I cried the whole day.

I didn’t eat the whole day. I just stayed in my bed. It wasn’t until late that evening I moved, when Michael came over. He was worried about me. We were going to play basketball that day, but I never showed up. So he came over.

I told him the whole story. He didn’t know what to say. According to him, it wasn’t like Liz to do something like that. He called Maria and she came over immediately. She didn’t know anything of it. Normally Liz would tell Maria, but she didn’t. Something must have been really wrong for Maria not to know.

They informed Isabel and Alex who are on their honeymoon right now. They were as shocked as everyone else. But they didn’t know where she could be. They called her parents, but they hadn’t got a clue about her being.

Michael said Liz was a coward, because she ran away from our problems. But I’m really the one who always ran away. I always avoided reality. Too scared to take a move, too scared to end up the same like my parents.

Cause that is the real reason why I always postponed it. In reality that it the thing I want the most right now.

I guess it all happened when my parents got a divorce. Isabel and I were six years old. It took almost two years for the division of custody. Finally they came to an conclusion that until today I never understood. Father got custody over Isabel and Sharon, aka mum over me. We moved to New York when I was 8.

I was scared as hell in the big city. I had to leave my twin sister who was the dearest person to me in the world. The first day of school there was a nightmare. I was separated from my sister and I had no one to talk to.

Sharon was always drunk. She was always talking about how she regretted the mistake of getting divorced. But it was her fault to begin with. Apparently she had been cheating on dad even before their wedding.

But she always said she was still in love with dad. And she kept pushing in my mind that I should never get married, because it only end in a disaster, even if you are head over hills in love. She said you would eventually get sick of each other. A person isn’t made to stay monogamy; to stay faithful to one person in her eyes. That was her opinion

Meanwhile dad married Diane, a woman he knew back in high school. And I think he made the right choice marrying her. Diane was married once. But her husband died and left her behind to raise a child. I believe Will is 31 or so right now. But he lives in England with his wife and kids. I have seen him in some time.

That is actually the main reason why I didn’t want to commit. My mother, or if you can call her that anyway, made me believe that marriage isn’t word sacrificing your freedom.

I put all my thoughts of the last hour in order. I think about it and decide something. I love Liz with all my heart. And she doesn’t have to suffer for my mistakes. She has made many sacrifices for me. She finally moved in with me, after I had been asking her that for almost a year. And she didn’t want to do that. She always puts up with me when I’m late home. And I can think of about a million sacrifices she has made.

But I’m determined right now. First thing tomorrow I’m going to look for Liz and I’m gonna ask her to marry me.

I think I’m finally ready to start living my life. My life with Liz and without me doubting about making a decision that is or isn’t right.

I hear the telephone ring and I hope in the depths of my heart that it’s Liz. But then it comes to mind that it is impossible to be Liz. She can’t talk over the phone. But maybe it is someone else to let me know that Liz is just fine an on her way back home.

I pick up the phone and hear it’s Jeff Parker; my soon to be father-in-law.

“Oh, Jeff, could you please tell me Liz is alright and that she’s staying with you guys in Roswell?”

I hear him sigh. That is not a good sign. “She was staying here. But something happened …”

I almost loose my balance when I hear his words. I need to calm down. Something happened, doesn’t mean necessarily it is bad. “What do you mean, something happened?”

I hear another sigh. This can’t be good! “Max, you better sit down … Liz fell down the stairs yesterday evening. We found her unconscious. And we brought her to the hospital and we haven’t seen her since then. The doctors said that something isn’t right. She has been in surgery most of the night …”

I fall down, the phone slips from my hand.

This isn’t happening. This can’t be happening. Tell me this isn’t happening. Tell me the love of my life is alright, that Liz is okay. Please tell me!

“Max? … Max? … MAAAAX?”

I finally get myself a little under control and I pick up the phone. “I’m here …”

“Max, I think it’s for the best if you come as soon as possible.”
My Fics

Poison Ivy
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Poison Ivy »

This part was difficult for me to write. And I'm not really satisfied with it, but I hope you'll still like it.

Thanks for the lovely feedback!

And very thanks to my beta, madroswellfan, you know what you have done :wink:

Here's the next part!

Part 9

The first thing I do when I hung up the phone, is calling Michael and Maria. They are just as shocked as I was the first moment I heard. They’re coming with me to Roswell. We’re very lucky Maria has got any concerts in the next few weeks. When they have packed all their things, they would come here and we would rush for the airport.

Meanwhile I pack my own things and I call the airport for information on the next flight to Albuquerque, New Mexico. There’s a flight in 2 hours and I ask if the lady at the other side of the phone can reserve three places on the flight if possible. A few minutes later, that's arranged and again a bit later I hear something knock on the front door of the apartment. It is probably Maria and Michael.

We rush to the airport and a few hours later we are on the airport in Albuquerque. I talked to Jeff earlier and he would pick us up from the hospital.

He is indeed there. I see him stand there and he looks like he hasn’t slept in ages. He was the saddest I’ve ever seen him.

I come to him and he almost starts crying. Something really bad is happening. I have never see him cry before. He only cries when something bad happens. That bad means Liz. Something really bad happened to Liz. It can’t be anything else.

“Hey Max, Maria, Michael.” He says, but you can just hear that he isn’t happy. “You want to go to the hospital or come home first so that you can leave your stuff behind and eat …”

I know what I want and what I want is to go right now to the hospital. I’ve been to long apart from Liz. Jeff nods when he looks in my eyes. He knows what I want.

Three hours and a lot of traffic problems later, we finally arrive at the hospital. I immediately get out of the car and rush towards the entrance. I walk over to the information desk and I say. “The room of Elizabeth Parker, please!”

“Max!” I turn around to see my dad and Diane walking towards me. What are they doing here? “Dad, Diane? I thought you were in Boston?”

“Originally I was, but we got a last minute call from a friend of mine. They were holding some kind of reunion here at the hospital.” In case you didn’t know, my dad is a doctor. “And when I was visiting some old colleagues here in the hospital, I saw Liz coming here …” He says. “I thought Liz was in Boston with you?”

I haven’t even informed my parents that Liz was gone.

“Where is she?” Someone’s voice interrupts my upcoming words. I turn around and I see Michael, Maria and Jeff approaching. Maria is almost hysterically. If anything happens to Liz, she would be heartbroken. They have been friends since diapers and who knows how she would react if something indeed happens. How I would react … “I want to see her!”

“She’s in intensive care right now.” My dad says. “Follow me.”

I follow him to the intensive care section. I see her lying there and my heart breaks immediately. How can someone who already has my heart forever, still break it into millions of pieces.

She looks like an angel. An angel who is sleeping and could wake up any minute. But I see the reality. Liz is lying there, covered in wires; connected to her face, her arms. Next to her is a ‘machine’ that measures the heartbeat. I forgot the name. It’s a regular beat. Thank God!

I watch her for a few minutes and can’t help but think that I’m responsible for this. I’m the reason why she lays here.

On my left I see a doctor approaching. “Are you Miss Parker’s boyfriend?”

“Yes I am … I was …” What are we actually? I don’t even know if we are together anymore or we aren’t …

“Can you please follow me? There’s something I have to show you.”

I nod and leave with him. Maria wants to come with me, but I make a sign that she has to say here. She mumbles an ‘okay’ to me.

“I’m Dr. Marshall Malone and I assume you don’t know why she is here …” He asks me.

“I only know that she fell down the stairs, when she became unconscious.” He nods. I’m still following him and then I see we are walking towards the maternity section. What the hell has the maternity section got to do with Liz?

He then stops and I see him point to a little baby in an incubator. It’s a very tiny and not quite healthy looking newborn. It’s all covered with wires and nurses are checking it. And then I see it’s connected to a respiration machine.

“Mr. Evans, this is the reason why Liz is unconscious … She was 24 weeks pregnant and went in labour, due to her rare medical history.”

“I’m a dad?”

<I>Two months later</I>

I feel like someone ripped something out of me and I can’t help but feeling empty. I feel like I’ve been sleeping for a very long time.

I can hardly move my legs. And my eyelids are almost too heavy to open. But I put all the effort I have in opening them and I manage to do it.

I look around me and I see my arms, hands covered with all kinds of wires. I look up and I see a white room. It start to think that it could possibly be that I’m lying in a hospital.

And then I remember the last thing I did before I woke up here. I just had written a letter for Max and then I fell down the stairs.

I look around trying to find someone that is here. Then I see someone lying at my hand. “Max!” Oh no, what have I done?
My Fics