Kyle XY

Discuss the show, your fav characters/couples, any spoilers...everything about your OTHER favourite show. Please remember when you're posting spoilers to title them so those who don't want to be spoiled don't accidentally read them.

Moderators: ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

FSU/MSW-94
Forum Moderator

Post by FSU/MSW-94 »

Wow only 1 episode left until the season finale! This is getting really intriguing. I believe those "parents" that have come to claim Kyle could be agents working for that company who keep referring to Kyle as a 'subject' and how they are hell bent on killing Kyle :( It was cool though how Declan has helped Kyle, their budding friendship is nice :) Charlie cheating on Amanda was surprising, he always seemed so nice, but I think since Kyle has a crush on her, this is paving the way for a K/A pairing :) The best scene of last night's episode to me was Kyle with momma Traeger :lol: It was so touching their tear filled admissions *sigh* well I can't wait for the season finale :D
La'Shon

Round 9 & Round 11
isabelle
Roswell Fanatic

Post by isabelle »

Oh yeah! Absolutely those guys are NOT Kyle's parents. That's certain. I wish they'd have arrived a few minutes later so Kyle could talk to his mom and tell him what was really going on. I hope it's not too late now. They will still keep him in the hospital right?

Was anyone-else worried when Kyle's MRI was "normal"? I was seriously thinking that his super-listening and the 'flashes' had damaged his brain and somehow turned off the extra bits, making him normal. The fact that the results were tampered with was spooky, but it was actually a relief to me. :wink:
FSU/MSW-94
Forum Moderator

Post by FSU/MSW-94 »

Well, what did everyone think about the S1 finale :? :) I thought it was so touching when Kyle was saying goodbye to the Tragers and Declan and the girl next door whom he has a crush on, sorry I forgot her name :lol: I am really intrigued by Adam and want more info about why Kyle and others were cloned. I hate we will likely have to wait until next year for the second season too which is a bummer :roll:
La'Shon

Round 9 & Round 11
sprayadhesive
Addicted Roswellian

Post by sprayadhesive »

Okay, I'm super excited about next season starting on Monday. Anyone else looking forward to it?
DreamerLaure
Addicted Roswellian

Post by DreamerLaure »

Me too :D I'm so excited! No joke, this is the highlight of my tv summer lol ;)
"The expected is just the beginning. The unexpected is what changes our lives."
Meredith - Grey's Anatomy
isabelle
Roswell Fanatic

Post by isabelle »

Okay ...

I really like a lot about this season of Kyle XY but I think they need a continunity editor.

Anybody remember that the very first episode there was a brief news item about a naked girl who had washed up on the shore who had no memory of who she was? I'd assumed she would be another like Kyle but nothing was ever done with it.

Also, Kyle was identified last season as specimen 781227. That number as well as the way the people at the facility talked, implied pretty well that there were more than a few subjects like Kyle there.

NOW, we find out that there are only TWO subjects and they're differentiated by XX and XY. Huh? What about 781227? What about the other naked girl before they blew up the place and XY escaped?

Any thoughts?
sprayadhesive
Addicted Roswellian

Post by sprayadhesive »

I just assumed that all of the others before Kyle and Jesse were killed, due to being failed experiments. After all, that's what Kyle was... and they tried to kill him.

I also think that they made them in pairs (Kyle and Jesse, Specimen X and Specimen Y), as opposed to individually, probably to see if there was anything different on the gender front or something. Or... maybe even to make a failsafe if anything like one of the specimens had escaped. After all, Jesse and Kyle are connected mentally somehow.

I was wondering about the girl, but I figure it was just one of those dumb things that they forgot to explain to us... :roll:

I was also wondering about Jesse's hair. It was very long, because she'd been in the artificial womb her entire life... but, then, why wasn't Kyle's??

Just another thing to think about.
isabelle
Roswell Fanatic

Post by isabelle »

Good point about the hair.... I guess they were cutting it for him. Odd.
isabelle
Roswell Fanatic

Post by isabelle »

I'm also really wondering HOW they know he was a 'failed' experiment. If they were trying to achieve higher brain function and all that, they got it. But most importantly, how were they testing it if the subjects were never concious? Do you think they maybe were awakened, tested, and had their memories erased again on a regular basis? Maybe that's why he retains memory of math and math notation?

Anybody get the season one DVD set? I've seen it and the bonus features were so BOGUS! The 'extended' Endgame episode was all of TWO minutes longer. The alternate pilot had very little that was different. Not worth watching at all. :(
sprayadhesive
Addicted Roswellian

Post by sprayadhesive »

isabelle wrote:Anybody get the season one DVD set? I've seen it and the bonus features were so BOGUS! The 'extended' Endgame episode was all of TWO minutes longer. The alternate pilot had very little that was different. Not worth watching at all. :(
I rented it, and I kind of thought the same thing, although the episode commentary was very cool.