Like the Rain (UC,S/T,YTEEN) 1/1 - 4/8/09

All finished stories from the Unconventional Couples board, the Crossover board, and the Alien Abyss boards will eventually be moved here. See those forums for descriptions.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, Erina, Forum Moderators

jbangelo
Administrator

Like the Rain (UC,S/T,YTEEN) 1/1 - 4/8/09

Post by jbangelo »

Title: Like the Rain
Author: Jenny
Disclaimer: Not mine.
Pairing: Sean/Tess
Rating: YTEEN
Summary: Tess goes for a walk and helps a stranded motorist. Ficlet; 472 words.
Author’s Note: For Anniepoo98, who wanted Sean/Tess with the prompt, rain.

“Nice day for a walk.”

Startled, Tess Harding looked up from watching the raindrops hit the sidewalk to search out the owner of the voice that had just spoken. He was leaning against the hood of an old Beetle, arms folded across his chest and legs crossed at the ankles. It took her a second to recognize him, but then she remembered - Maria’s delinquent cousin, Sean.

“What are you doing out here?” Tess asked. She could tell he’d been there for at least a little while; his hair was damp and little droplets were rolling down the front of his leather jacket.

“Locked my keys in the car,” he replied with a shrug, like it was no big deal that he was obviously stranded in the rain.

“Aren’t you supposed to be some expert at breaking and entering?” Tess asked before she could stop herself. “Can’t you get into your own car?”

“Hardy har har. You think I didn’t try?”

It was then that she noticed a warped wire coat hanger discarded on the ground. She gestured to it. “Why don’t you let me give it a try?”

He looked at her skeptically. “What makes you think you’ll have any better luck?”

“Fine.” Tess threw her hands up. “I was just trying to help, but whatever. Sit out here in the rain all day.”

She started to walk away, but hadn’t made it two steps before Sean called out, “Okay! Sorry. Go ahead, give it a whirl.” He offered her the coat hanger.

She quirked a satisfied smile at him and took the hanger. Taking it and walking over to the driver’s side door of the Beetle, she slid it into the crevice between the door frame and the window. Then, situating herself so that Sean couldn’t see exactly what she was doing, she placed her hand on the door and focused her energy. She smiled when she heard the satisfying click of the lock.

“Got it,” she announced, turning around to face Sean.

He looked at her in bewilderment. “How did you do that?”

She handed the coat hanger back to him. “It just needed a woman’s touch, that’s all,” she teased.

Sean just stared at her, baffled. He obviously didn’t think she’d be able to get his car unlocked. Tess pulled her jacket tighter around her; the rain drops were getting heavier.

“Do you want a ride or something?” Sean asked, finally finding his voice.

“No, that’s okay. I like the rain.”

“You sure? It’s getting kind of cold.”

Tess nodded. “I’m sure. I’ll see you around, Sean.”

“Yeah. See ya.” He waved lamely.

Tess turned away from him and began walking down the sidewalk. She took a few steps and chanced a glance back; Sean was still standing in the rain, watching her walk away.

Tess just smiled.

THE END
“You know you’re right for someone when they force you to be the best version of yourself.”