Finding Perfection (A/I, AU, Teen) Part 1/1 3/31[COMPLETE]

Finished stories set in an alternate universe to that introduced in the show, or which alter events from the show significantly, but which include the Roswell characters. Aliens play a role in these fics. All complete stories on the main AU with Aliens board will eventually be moved here.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Hunter, Island Breeze, Forum Moderators

baby_bre
Addicted Roswellian

Finding Perfection (A/I, AU, Teen) Part 1/1 3/31[COMPLETE]

Post by baby_bre »

(Thanks so much for the Banner Anniepoo98 :))

Title Finding Perfection
Author: Baby_Bre
Genre: AU
Couples: A/I
Rating: PG
Disclaimer: The characters of Roswell do not belong to me. It belongs to Jason Katims, Melinda Metz and some other peoples.
Summary: Isabel finds something she's always dreamed about but never thought she could have.
Author’s Note:This is my first Stargazer fic, I wrote this story for Sternbetrachter who is my favorite Stargazer, I hope you like it!

Chapter One of One

I had always thought about my wedding day, what it would be like, how I would feel, what it would look like. I dreamed about it even but then what girl hasn't? Everyone in their life has to at least imagined what their dream wedding would be like. I never expected to be one of those women who find their perfect man, find their perfect dress and have the wedding they'll never forget.

I was born knowing I would never be one of those girls because how could you have a wedding day without a groom? Since I'm not like normal women and never will be it was unconcievable to even think about having my perfect day but a girl could dream couldn't she?

But then I met him, at first I didn't even realize he was alive, okay on occasion I had noticed him but it wasn't until I needed to know if he would be a threat to my family that I really saw him, because in those few moments I saw him seeing me, really seeing me in a light I had never even saw myself.

He showed me my heart, and the ice I had surrounded myself with slowly melted. I allowed myself to let him in, to let him see the real me. At first I didn't want this, I couldn't let him know me, really know me because I didn't want him to see through me but the more I tried to push away the more he pulled, it was a never ending routine because as much as I tried, he wouldn't let me push him away.

Alex become a constant in my life, whether I wanted him there or not he was, he didn't ask anything of me I wasn't willing to give. He trusted that one day i was going to open up my eyes and see him for all that he was, my rock, my savior, the man that would change my life, change me, the man who showed me that I could feel, could open up and not hide behind a fake exterior. I never thought I was worthy of anything, I thought I deserved what I got, nothing but he showed me that I could be normal, that I was worthy of a life, a life with him.

For that I will always be thankful, I will always feel blessed. Alex knows that he's the only man I will ever love, the only man who will ever truly see me as I know that I'm the only woman he'll ever see in the way he sees me. And when I say my vows, pledging my undying love for him I'll hold no regrets because maybe I'm not getting the ideal wedding but I am getting something even better, something more precious then any dream dress, I'm getting Alex, my Alex.

I know my wedding is going to be perfect because he's there, because he's the man I'm going to marry. I have found something I never thought I deserved, something people spend forever searching for, I've found love.. true, honsest, undying and unconditional love.
Last edited by baby_bre on Wed May 25, 2005 1:12 pm, edited 5 times in total.