Gone But Not Forgotten(UC/CC/Slash Adult) [COMPLETE]

All finished stories from the Unconventional Couples board, the Crossover board, and the Alien Abyss boards will eventually be moved here. See those forums for descriptions.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, Erina, Forum Moderators

suicide_eagle_rath
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by suicide_eagle_rath »

Book 1: Section 1: Chapter 4: Part 4 of 4

Gone But Not Forgotten: Book One of the Chronicles of Antar
Section 1: The Longest Year
Chapter 4: Jeff and Nancy Parker’s Experience
~ Lovers, Secrets, and Lies ~

Timeline: A Few Weeks After Receiving Liz’s Journal

“And now at last the spell is broken the truth can now be spoken.” “Lovers, Secrets, Lies” by Peter Cincotti

Jeff was deep in thought as he sat at a booth at the Crashdown. He was writing in a journal that he had begun a few weeks after reading Liz’s. There are thoughts, songs, poems, stories about what happened that day; everything was benign, if the ever looked at it they would think she ran away from home.

‘Honey, I am off to bed now,” Jeff looked up over his writing and smiled at Nancy. He got up and gave her a soft kiss telling to try to have pleasant dreams. He would be up later, after he had finished a thought he had.

As she climbed the stairs, Jeff knew her pillow would soon be wet. Nancy would cry herself to sleep every night, waking periodically from horrible nightmares. During the day she walked as though lost in a cloud, Jeff worried about her constantly, hoping the strain was not too much for her to endure. They slowly tried to get their lives back together, they had to go on and wait for the kids to return safely to them.

Jeff Parker was still in denial about his daughter and the supposed aliens. He knew down deep the truth, but it was still so unrealistic, like a bad dream. He trusted Liz would be all right, she was smart and could handle herself.

Jeff took out his journal and read page one again, his eyes filled with tears.

My dearest Liz,

Life has been unbearable since you left. I understand why you ran away, but it is so hard to accept even with all the words you sent to comfort me. I still shake when I hear that bell ring, especially if a deliveryman is walking towards me. I signed for the parcel, not knowing that my life would be turned upside down. I had been expecting some new software for determining restaurant losses, as I ripped open that box. Then I noticed the handwriting on the package, it was yours Liz, my beloved daughter, my soul, my heart. My hands trembled as I opened the journal you sent me. I read your words, my tears blurring the ink. I did as you asked, I let Amy read the journal, she wept openly for Maria….

Jeff could still see the events as they unfolded that night as if it was happening right there and then. The guest speaker coming out to give the traditional graduation speech on how to live a good and moral life, then Max getting up and going on stage where he convinced the speaker to leave. The lights going out, Jeff could barely see in the dark as his daughter rose from her seat and left. He thought at first she was going to the restroom, and then Maria left, ‘definitely the girls were going to the restroom’ he remembered that thought so vividly. Looking back, he now realizes that Kyle Valenti and Isabel Ramirez also left the auditorium at the same time, as well as her husband Jesse a few minutes later.

When Liz did not come back right away, Jeff got out of his seat to look for her. The doors to the room were locked or barred from the outside; he was unable to open them. Stepping to the side to see where the other doors were, Jeff heard an engine revving seconds before a blinding white light flooded the auditorium and a motorcycle crashed through the door. The bike came right past him; Jeff recognized it as Michael’s. He tried to see the stage where Michael was heading obviously to pick up Max, but the light hurt his eyes immensely. When the biked roared out the other door, Jeff went to grab Nancy and look for their daughter.

By that time, the people were in a panic. Jeff saw up in the balcony what he swore were sharpshooters. Someone was yelling there was a fire, another screaming about guns, and yet another saying the Swat team was arresting students….

Jeff began writing:

Secrets and Lies

Secrets, they are the devil’s play toy, a misguided direction, a fool’s instrument, and a great gift. Secrets, ever since that night I have been thinking a lot about secrets, who has them, why, what would I do. How does a secret get out of control? Secrets they kill the soul and tear about families, yet you kept such a secret that I cannot fathom your intent, dedication, or determination.

Lies are just as bad as secrets. How many times do we tell a child not to lie and do it ourselves, it is for the good we convince our morality. For the last three years, Liz you have been lying to us, for what was ‘the good’. You lied about the gunshot that fateful day, about Max and his past, about your love for him, about school, about so many other things always for ’the good’. Does that make the lie justified or does it just excuse it? That question I have been pondering every since.

~ Secrets a Deadly Game We Play ~
suicide_eagle_rath
Obsessed Roswellian

Book 1: Section 1: Chapter 5: Part 1 of 3

Chapter 5: Jim Valenti’s Experience
~ Your secrets are safe with me ~

Timeline: Graduation Day

“I won't tell your secrets. Your secrets are safe with me. I will keep, your secrets. Just think of me as the pages in your diary” “Secrets” by Alicia Keys

“Deputy Jim Valenti?” Jim looked up from his desk to see two men in dark suits, acknowledging them with a slight nod.

“Yes. How may I help you gentlemen?”

“I am Agent Smith” the taller man flipped out an ID, “and this is Agent Jones with a Special Unit of the FBI, investigating terrorist suspects. Is there someplace we can talk privately?”

“Of course, come this way,” Jim lead them to the county’s interrogation room. “Please have a seat.” Jim eyed them carefully; he knew each and every action of his would be scrutinized. “Okay what are we looking at here. The school incident correct?”

“Yes sir. We believe some of the kids that were to graduate were involved,” answered Agent Jones.

“Is that why the ‘Swat Team’ was there without the knowledge of the sheriff’s department?” Jim looked peeved; it did not sit well with local authorities when the big shots pushed their noses in.

“Sir we are not required to inform the local law enforcement personnel of activities that are of national concern.” Agent Smith smiled as he looked around the room.

“Okay boys then just what do you want?”

“We want to know where your son Kyle is.”

“Kyle?” Jim looked at them puzzled. “What does Kyle have to do with terrorists or the FBI?”

“We have been unable to locate him. We believe he may some information regarding the kids involved. Do you know where he is?”

“No, not really. He left town after all the commotion yesterday.”

“With friends?”

“No on his own. He left me a note saying he needed to find himself and that he would call or write or something.”

“When was this?”

“I found the note when I came home yesterday to check on him after the incident at the school was well in hand. I got a call about four hours later saying some kid was hitchhiking along highway 380. Caught up with him outside of Caprock. He said he needed to get away, from me, from the Roswell and the small town, wanted to find himself a place in the world and that he could not do here.” Jim paused and took a breath; this lie had to be well thought out. By separating Kyle from the rest, Jim hoped the FBI would not be looking for six kids but rather five. That may give them the edge for a while.

“So…I drove him on to Lubbock, gave what cash I had on hand, a hug and told him to call. What else can a father do? If I had brought him home, he would just leave again. He is a man and must make his own decisions. I suspect he will be back in a week or two, tired, hungry, and more appreciative of his home and bed.” Jim wiped a tear from his eyes, “Now what does my son running away from family problems have to do with you?”

“Why did he leave?” Agent Jones insisted he was sure Kyle Valenti went with his friends. “What was the problem?”

“If you insist on this, my son stuck an earring in his ear and decided that he is gay. Being gay in Roswell is not good.” Jim Valenti looked deadeye at the Agent. “I unfortunately did not take the news well, that is why he left. I felt guilty when I found him at Caprock, but he was determined to go. I knew I had to let him go” Jim knew that this was a lie, he only hoped his son would understand why he had to make up an excuse for Kyle leaving town alone.

“Do you know Max Evans, Isabel Ramirez, Michael Guerin, Maria DeLuca, or Elizabeth Parker?”

“Sure I know them. Nice kids, Max, Liz, and Michael have all had run-ins with the law, but they were minor incidents, you know teenage crap.”

“Are they not his friends?”

“Yeah, until the earring incident, seems as though they had trouble accepting Kyle as well.”

“So you are saying he is not with them.”

“I very much doubt it, he is in Texas somewhere and they are here in Roswell.” Jim looked at the Agents carefully, “What is this all about? Your men have been keeping us in the dark.”

“Would you have any idea of their whereabouts?”

“I would suspect they are at home or the Crashdown where they hang out. Why?”

“As an officer of the law you are swearing to me that you do not know the whereabouts of the individuals in question?”

“That is what I am saying.”

“Have the parents been in to contact you about their disappearance.

“Disappearance? No, what has happened? And why has the sheriff’s department not been notified?” Jim leaned forward on the conference table, “Okay spill what is going on here and why is Kyle involved?”

“Once again this is of national security, the parents were told to keep quiet about their kids being missing.”

“I think it is about time you let the sheriff’ in on this.” Jim got up and headed to the door.

“Deputy Valenti, we would rather keep this between the three of us for now,” Jim turned with his hand on the knob

Agent Smith walked forward to him, “Please sir, sit down for a moment.” Agent Smith handed the deputy a business card with his name and phone number. “We believe that there were terrorists here in Roswell at the high school. They have now fled the area.”

Deputy Valenti looked at him inquisitively. “Terrorists! Here in Roswell? Where are they from Yemen? Iran?”

“No sir, these are homegrown, Max Evans, Isabel Evans Ramirez, Michael Guerin, Elizabeth Parker and Maria DeLuca. They planned to kill people at the graduation ceremony with a bomb device. We are also investigating whether or not Kyle is also a member.”

“No you are wrong whatever information you have is dead wrong. These kids are good kids. They would have noting to do with bombs or any type of weapon.” Jim took a seat. “The sheriff heeds to be brought in if you truly believe there are terrorists on the loose.”

“That is why we are here to verify what is going on.” Agent Smith then turned and whispered something to Agent Jones who nodded and left.

Agent Smith leaned in very close to Jim, “My partner will only be gone for a minute so I will make this quick. I know the King and Second have escaped. It is imperative that they stay alive and right now Roswell is not safe.” Jim started to speak. “Let me finish. I will take care of the FBI. It will take a few months so keep quiet and make sure everyone else does also. Be sure you contact me and only me if there is an emergency on that number you have.”

“Who are you?”

“I am one of their protectors,” the shape shifters eyes turned black then back to brown. “My mission is to kill anyone who appears to be a threat to the Royalty of Antar. I hope that does not include you Mr. Valenti. I know the King healed you, and trusts you. That is the only reason you are still alive.”

Agent Jones came walking back in noticing how close Smith was to the deputy, his hand almost on his shirt.

“Did I make myself clear Valenti?”

“Yes sir perfectly.”

“Good then we will have your complete cooperation?”

“Yes!” Jim nodded. “Will you be in contact with me again?”

“No this is the last time you will see Jones or me.”

Jim acknowledged the meaning. He would do his part in keeping the secret hidden from his friends. After the Agents left, Jim sat down at his desk and looked at a picture of Kyle. He traced his face with his hands hoping for some kind of connection. He felt a slight surge go through him, as if he concentrate hard enough he felt that he could hear Kyle laughing. ‘Funny how one’s imagination plays with the mind,’ though Valenti as he placed the framed picture back in his desk; he failed to notice the fingerprints burned into the back of the metal where he was holding the frame.

~ Secrets Under Lock and Key at the County Jail ~
suicide_eagle_rath
Obsessed Roswellian

Book 1: Section 1: Chapter 5: Part 2 of 3

~ Secrets I Kept Inside ~

Timeline: About Three Months After Graduation

“secrets I kept inside me no one can understand secrets I had to hide” “Secrets” by Anastacia

Jim felt guilty about the lies that held him, the lies that consumed him and the lies that had enslaved him into silence. He was honored bond by his word to take those lies to his death, to keep the secret or others would die.

The house was empty when Jim arrived home that Graduation night, and every night thereafter. He began spending more and more time at the bar singing. There was no need to go home. He ate breakfast, lunch, and dinner at the Crashdown most days; it was a good way to keep in contact with the Parkers, Amy would come through occasionally delivering pies and Philip, when he was able to sneak out for unhealthy fast food, would stop in for lunch.

About three months after his son and the rest fled town, Jim received a call on his walkie-talkie that there was a possible break-in at the Crashdown. He arrived to find Jeff Parker upset talking to Deputy Brown, another deputy in the Roswell Sheriff department.

“Afternoon Brown,” nodded Jim to the other officer.

“Valenti.”

“What do we have here?”

“Seems as though Mr. Parker here believes there was an intruder last night. No signs of any break-in though.” Deputy Brown turned his head slightly to the side speaking softly to Jim, “I think we have a nut job here.” He jerked his head indicating Jeff Parker. “He keeps on babbling.”

Valenti nodded, “I know Jeff. Let me handle this case. You go and find some ‘sane’ Roswell residents, if that is possible.”

Deputy Brown laughed, “Yeah they are few and far between. I do have some warrants to serve so I am heading off. Thanks Jim.”

“No Problem.” Jim slapped Deputy Brown on the back as he turned to face Jeff Parker. “So what is the problem Jeff did someone or something break-in here last night?”

Jeff leaned in to speak to Jim, “I need you to look at something.” Jim pointed to the kitchen, “In here Deputy, is where the merchandise is missing from.” Jeff did not make a lot of sense, he seemed to be babbling, he was very nervous as he opened the walk-in freezer door.

“The freezer?” asked Jim apprehensively, not really wanting to go inside the sub-zero atmosphere.

“Yeah I think they took off with a few cases of burgers.”

The freezer was small, shelves lined the walls, the free ground space barely held four people. With the door shut, it seemed even smaller. Jeff grabbed a book from under a box of frozen harsh browns and handed it to Jim.

“Now tell me what the hell is going on. This is Liz’s journal, arrived by Fed-Ex late yesterday. I have not slept all night, read this until the wee hours.” Jeff shoved his hands under his armpits. “What do you know about my daughter’s disappearance with Max, Michael, and Isabel? Just exactly what are they?”

Jim expelled a long breath of hot air into the frigid air, forming a cloud that just hung above their heads. “All right, Jeff, we need a place to talk.”

“Why do you think we are in here? Polar bear club initiations.” Jeff blew on his fingers. “It is safe, I had this installed after the FBI was here and checked out every crack myself. Before we freeze to death exactly, where are they? And what is this nonsense Liz wrote about aliens. Is that a code word for something?”

“Aliens,” Jim smiled, “They are aliens just as Liz stated in her journal.”

“Then it is true you knew?”

“Yes for about three years now. It all started when Max saved Kyle’s life and Michael saved mine by stopping Pierce. At a later date Max saved my life.”

“My God! My daughter is married to an alien.”

“Married?”

“Yes she wrote that she married him.”

“That I did not know.”

“You protected them the best you could, didn’t you Jim.” Jeff grabbed Jim’s hand and shook it. “Thank-you for watching out for Liz.”

Jim was taken aback, he expected Jeff to be angry and berate him for keeping the truth hidden. “It was nothing, I owed them for Kyle.”

“Do you know where they are?”

“No, I am sorry. I have no idea. They can take care of themselves. They are smart kids.”

“Can Max protect my daughter? What are these skins she writes about?”

“They are the aliens who sided against Max and Michael in the war. It is complicated and even I do not know the whole story. I don’t even know Liz wrote.”

“Here, you better read the book; there is a paragraph at the end from Kyle to you.”

“Can we find somewhere warmer? It will look like I am doing paper work.”

“Okay, after you. I am supposed to make sure Amy sees this. Does she know about the kids?”

“No but I can help you in that department. “

“After she is done with it I am suppose to burn the book at the Pod Chamber somewhere in the desert.” Jeff looked at the book, his only link to his daughter.

“I know where it is, Jim said clearing his throat “Sounds like a sci-fi movie trailer doesn’t it.”

“Yeah, no kidding. What about the Evanses?”

“They found out about Max and Isabel just a few days before graduation, I would assume they also know about Michael.” Jim started blowing on his fingers. “I can no longer feel my fingers here Jeff, can we please go and have a cup of coffee while I complete some paperwork.”

“Sure,” said Jeff as he opened the door to the warm inviting air.

“Remind me never to complain about the desert heat again.” Jim chuckled, as he rubbed his elbows, “My joints are just too old for the cold.” He turned into his deputy mode in case anyone was listening. “Listen concerning this break-in, you really do not have to worry, I am sure things will turn up. These are all your files, insurances, etc right?

“Right.”

“Do you mind if I read them. I may discover something.”

“No it is okay.” Jeff looked relieved. “I will get you a back booth that is more private.”

Jim sat down with the files covering the journal. As he appeared to read and write notes, he was actually glancing through her book seeing if there was any information, she did not cover or what he knew and she did not. Jeff brought him over coffee and sat down watching him.

“Well is there anything different?”

“Not really, pretty much of what she says is what I know.” Jim looked at Jeff, his face showed weeks of worry and regret. Softly speaking, “We have to be patient; they are alive as long as they remain away from Roswell. Things may change in the future.” Looking up at the clock, “Well I am going to check around the neighbors and see if anyone saw anything or heard anything.” He took the journal with him, “I will check back with you late tomorrow, Okay.”

“Thanks Jim.”

~ Secrets and the Fallout ~
suicide_eagle_rath
Obsessed Roswellian

Book 1: Section 1: Chapter 5: Part 3 of 3

~ Secret Love ~

Timeline: The Same Day

“Once I had a secret love that lived within the heart of me . All too soon my secret love became impatient to be free” “Secret Love” by Doris Day

It had been a long time since Jim had seen Amy personally, more than just a momentary pause or a wave from across the room, he was nervous. Sure, he saw her when she walked into the Crashdown carrying pies or when she would come into the bar and have a drink while he sang. However, she always left before he had a chance to talk with her. He still does not know why they drifted apart, they just did. Things got in the way, kids, work, aliens: the usual.

He took a deep breath before he opened the door to her shop. “Afternoon Ma’am,” he said to the woman looking over the merchandise.

Spotting Amy standing behind the counter, Jim walked towards her. “Hey Amy, how is it going?”

“Hi Jim,” said Amy as he gazed at her face, failing to hear the rest of her sentence. She looked sad, her eyes were red and swollen and she was drying them with a tissue.

Jim quickly remembered why he was there before it became obvious that he was a sputtering fool, “I... um…I... There was a break-in down the block.”

Amy stared at Jim it had been so long since he was in her shop either during the day or at night; one of the few places they could hide from the kids. She really wasn’t listening to him, something about a break-in down the street until these words caught her ear, “You know I miss you.”

Amy felt the color rise into her cheeks as he invited her out to the movies, she jumped at the chance by changing the date to that night; after all Roswell is only so big and beggars can’t be choosers.

Jim took a big gulp of air as she offered to meet tonight; he could not believe his luck that this beautiful nutty woman was interested in an old bear claw. He tucked a message into her palm, as he left.

He left work early that day, went home showered and dressed. He was right on the nose when he arrived at the theater, actually he would have been early but he got stopped by the older lady next door who confined him to a corner as she told him the neighborhood gossip.

Jim found some comfortable seats in the back make-out-row; he figured there they could talk privately, two teenage couples scoffed quite loudly about the old farts taking over their theater section. Jim just laughed as he sat back and waited for the room to darken. He knew he was probably taking advantage of the situation as he nuzzled Amy’s ear and gave her gentle kisses, but after all, he was a male, a very lonely male, and Amy was definitely hot. The silver lining in the dark clouds was finally showing through for him.

~ Secrets Bonds Friendships Lovers ~
suicide_eagle_rath
Obsessed Roswellian

Book 1: Section 1: Chapter 6: Part 1 of 3

Chapter 6: Amy Deluca’s Experience
~ The Crying Game ~

“I know all there is to know about the crying game. I’ve had my share of the crying game” “The Crying Game” by Culture Club

There was pandemonium at the school when Amy arrived; her plane was late getting in. On the way into the auditorium a motorcycle practically cut her down, she could have sworn Max Evans was on the back of the bike. Suddenly there was screaming echoing from everywhere; kids, adults, and what looked like members of a military swat team running out of the auditorium.

‘There must have been a fire,’ thought Amy, as she started to frantically look for Maria. She saw Jim in the distance, and even though they had stopped dating last summer, she went up and demanded of him “Have you seen my daughter, Jim?”

“Don’t worry Amy she is safe. Don’t ask any questions. If anyone asks you where Maria is say you do not know.”

“I don’t know where she is. I was late.”

“Good keep it that way. Don’t give anyone any information about Maria, Michael, Max Liz, Kyle, or Isabel other than what is commonly known.” Jim leaned over and gave her a peek on the cheek, “Trust me. Okay.” Jim then left quickly trying to catch up with Jesse.

“Amy Deluca?”

Amy turned around to see two men in suits staring at her, “Yes,” she said

“If you will come with us, it is about your daughter.” The man talking was in his late thirties, his short cut brown hair already balding.

“My daughter? Oh, my God is she okay. What happened? Where is she?”

“Please Ma'am we need you to come with us,” said the other man, obviously older but in contrast to the first man, this one had a good deal of blond hair on his head; each man put a hand on her elbow and lead her to a dark blue sedan.

They drove her to a plain white nondescript airplane hanger out in the middle of the desert. Inside were several partition rooms, that were being used as interrogation holding areas. Amy was placed in a 10 by 10 room and left alone for several hours. During this time she cried, pleaded, and cussed out the mirror; in actuality it was a two-way mirror covering one whole wall, while the other three walls were plain white gypsum board. There was a metal table in the center that had been bolted to the concrete hanger floor. A cold steel metal chair, also bolted to the cement, was the only other furnishing.

The same two men that had taken her to this location had been watching her through the mirror when they finally decided it was time for up-close interrogation. They walked into the room and stood with their arms crossed, occasionally they would glance into the mirror, awaiting instructions. They watched Amy DeLuca paced, wilding flinging her arms in the arms, talking frantically about where her daughter was.

“Are you going to tell me were my daughter is?” asked an exasperated Amy, as she rung her hands and paced back and forth. “Would you please tell me what is going on?" Her boots echoed in the hanger as she stomped them in frustration.

One of the men placed his finger to his ear to hear better the transmission he was receiving from mechanism placed there.

“Listen you establishment pigs; I want to know what is going on here.” She turned and yelled into the mirror, “I have rights and you holding me is against one of them.”

Running her hands down her ankle length flowing Indian print shirt, she started to cry; the tears that welled up burned her tired eyes. She was scared not for herself but for her baby. “Where is my daughter? I want my baby.” Amy cried as she collapsed into the chair. “Oh my God she died in the fire at the school. Didn’t she?” Amy looked the two men, her face now puffy and eyes swollen. “I want to see my baby’s body,” Amy was hysterical.

Silence was her only answer as the two men studied her carefully. She had been in the holding area for over five hours, she had asked over and over about where her daughter was, is she dead, was there a fire at the school, never once did she ask if her daughter left with the terrorists, Max Evans, his sister Isabel, or Michael Guerin.

One of the men left for a few minutes returning with a bottle of water and whispered into the other’s ear. He then stepped forwards and handed Amy the bottle of water. “Ms. DeLuca do you know where is your daughter?”

Amy took some of the water and rubbed her sleeve over her eyes, Maria?” She looked at the man, No, where is she? Please tell me.”

“Where is your daughter? We need to know?”

“Something has happened to Maria? Why won’t you tell me?” Amy voice cracked, she started sobbing again. “Who are you, where am I and where is my daughter?”

”Ms. DeLuca, we are concerned for the safety of your daughter, Maria.” The brown hair man was speaking gently, “We are with a Special Unit of the government created to combat terrorism. My name is John Garrick.”

“Terrorism? Oh my God! The school was bombed wasn’t it? Who was killed? Maria?” Amy’s eyes were wild she was frantic. “I knew it. Is she dead? Where are the doctors? Where is her body?”

“Ms. DeLuca,” Agent Ladont turned to Amy and cleared his throat. “Your daughter may be in danger. She was removed from the graduation ceremony with persons the government considers armed and dangerous.”

“What?” screamed Amy. “Oh my God she is in the arms of Arab terrorists? Oh my God! Oh my! What do I do?”

“No Ma'am, these are home grown terrorists. Do you know Max Evans, Isabel Evans Ramirez, Michael Guerin, and Elizabeth Parker?

Amy looked at the two men confused, “Those are Maria’s friends. Oh my God they have been kidnapped also.”

The two Agents eyed each other before Agent Garrick spoke. “We have reason to believe that they are the terrorists. They planned to kill people at the graduation ceremony with a bomb device. Your daughter was taken by them as a possible hostage or as a willing participant.”

“What? Maria? Kill people?” Amy was shaking her head. “No! No! No way is that Maria. She would never allow that. There must be some mistake.” Amy chewed on her lip, wringing her hands repeatedly. “They are good kids, sure Max and Liz got into trouble in Utah because of a stupid prank, but they are only babies. Michael may be a little wild but he loves Maria and would never hurt her, would he?” She looked at the agents now more than ever fearful for her daughter’s life. “Would he?”

The agents questioned her for hours, changing the questions slightly, changing tactics, and even lying that her daughter did not love her. All Amy did was to deny their allegations and remained steadfast in her devotion and love of her daughter. She cried and screamed hysterically during the entire time.

“Please Ma’am you must remain calm,” said the blond agent. “John, she has no idea where her daughter is,” he whispered into the other’s ear.

“I concur with that. What about them?” Agent Garrick indicated the mirror with a nod of his head.

“I will find out,” with that Agent William Ladont, walked out of the room to confer with men in the surveillance room

He knocked on the door, and opened it to reveal a General and a two high-ranking agents standing in the center of a small room, where each three of the walls held a two-way mirror. Through one of the mirrors, the agent could see an older couple being interviewed. He recognized them from the briefing as Mr. and Mrs. Evans, the adopted parents of the terrorist suspects Max and Isabel Evans. The third room held Jeff and Nancy Parker, their daughter Liz was a willing partner in the terrorist activities.

“Agent Ladont, how is the interrogation going with Amy DeLuca,” asked Agent Smith, the other was Agent Jones. Agent Ladont knew that these were probably not their real names but that is what these two were always referred to as.

“Sir we feel that she has no knowledge at this time of where her daughter is or what she is up to. I feel that if she is allowed to return home that the daughter will contact her. Or if she has been able to fool us she will contact her daughter.”

“What about her home?”

“Clean as a whistle.”

“All right. Send her home as soon as the recovery team is done with her home. Keep her under surveillance,” ordered Agent Jones.

“Yes sir,” Agent Ladont left the room, taking a few steps to next door where Amy was waiting.

“They said to let her go once the recovery team is done with her home. We will keep her under surveillance 24/7.” John nodded his response.

“What about my daughter? Will they kill her? Is she safe?” Amy was babbling incoherently by this time.

“I’m sure will daughter will be fine. We will have the terrorists in custody soon. But we need your assistance.” Agent Ladont stepped forward and handed Amy a business card on it with only his name and a cell number. “When you hear from your daughter, we expect to hear from you. We are trying to save your daughter’s life.”

“Okay,” Amy sniffed as took the card in her shaking hand.

“We have someone to drive you home.” Agent Ladont indicated to the mirror for a driver.

“You will protect my daughter. She is innocence. Please remember that when you arrest the others. Okay?” Amy stood up, grasping the table with her hands as her knees buckled slightly. Getting her balance she walked to the door that was being held opened for her.

“Don’t fuck with us Ms. DeLuca,” Agent Garrick whispered into her ear. “If your daughter is mixed up in a terrorist activity you do not want to screw with us. We can help her but only if you cooperate. You do understand right?” Amy nodded and left.

All the way to her home in the back of another dark blue sedan, Amy started thinking, something was wrong. Maria’s friends would never do such an act and Maria would never belong to such a group. She did not raise a stupid daughter to be mesmerized by some punk boy into committing crimes. No something was definitely wrong.

“Maria!” Amy shouted her daughter’s name as she entered the kitchen, “Maria baby, where are you?” Everything was a mess, chairs turned over, drawers pulled out and dumped on the floor, cushions shredded, and even the food in the refrigerator was pulled out and dumped. Tears streamed down her face as she stopped in front of Maria’s opened bedroom door. The bed was disheveled, the mattress laid off on an angle and had large ripped caused by a sharp knife dragged over it, spilling the soft guts everywhere. Her closet was a mess, all the clothes thrown to the ground, her vanity table was turned over the mirror cracked, the beads that hung in her window had been torn down, and even sections of the rug had been ripped up.

“Maria, where are you?” Amy wailed as she wandered into her room where the scene was the same. She slumped in the doorway slowly sliding down, crying unable to fathom what had happened. Was it true? Could Maria and Liz be caught up in some stupid game? What had Maria been hiding?

Wiping her eyes, she found the cordless base still plugged into the wall. She paged for the phone, which she finally discovered under a pile of magazines in the dining room. She dialed Maria cell number no one answered. The same for Liz Parker. She hit speed dial for Michael’s apartment, a button she had used many times in the past looking for Maria at all hours of the day and night. There was only a constant busy signal. Then Amy dialed Liz’s home, no one answered there nor at the Crashdown. Finally, she tried the Evans and another busy signal. Amy collapsed onto the floor again in tears; tomorrow she would go and talk to Diane and Nancy. Finally, exhaustion overtook her as she fell asleep.

~ Secrets to Cry For ~
suicide_eagle_rath
Obsessed Roswellian

Book 1: Section 1: Chapter 6: Part 2 of 3

~ Lovers in a Dangerous Time ~

Timeline: Ten Weeks after Graduation

“When you're lovers in a dangerous time. Sometimes you're made to feel as if your loves a crime.” “Lovers in a Dangerous Time” by Barenaked Ladies

The next few days were hell for Amy. She cleaned up the house, throwing trash bag after trash bag away of damaged and broken items. She cried every time she was forced to thrown something of Maria’s away that had been damaged. She went to work a shell, lost in her store, no joy left in her life. Hours turned into days, and days turned into weeks. Every time the phone rang, she would race to answer it. Jeff would call every once in the while to see if Amy had heard anything. So would Diane Evans. Amy also called them quite often checking to see if any of the kids called home. She still could not see why Maria would run away and not tell her. Sure, she might run off with Michael to shack up in some porn orientated motel for the weekend, but not for weeks and not tell, or write, or leave a message.

It had been over ten weeks since Graduation, Amy if possible had grown thinner, and her hair was grayer, due to the stress of her daughter’s disappearance. The police had no leads and neither did the ‘Special Unit’, which had to be the FBI. In the first few days she saw men coming and going from Roswell, they would come into her shop in their dark blue or black suits with dark sunglasses. Rarely did they look at the merchandise but instead they would overlook the place, examine her visually, and then leave. Their visits have been sparse lately, but still she had a feeling they were watching her.

The door to her shop opened as the bell rang out melodically. Amy looked over from where she was stocking some incense sticks to see a faithful customer. “Hi Frances, how are you today?” asked Amy smiling.

“Just heavenly dear and you, have you heard from your daughter?” replied Frances, a nice older lady who believed in holistic treatments ever since she was diagnosed with cancer, in addition to her prescribed medical treatment.

“No!”

“Well now don’t you worry, she is just sowing her oats as my grandpa would have said. These kids nowadays,” Amy started to cry and Frances came over and put her arm around her. “Now! Now! I did not mean to upset you. Why don’t you take a small break? I can find what oils I need by myself.”

“That sounds like a good idea; I have not had a chance to use the facilities all morning long.” Amy wiped off her tears with a Kleenex and smiled at Frances, “Thanks for being a good friend”

The door opened again as the bell indicated. Out of the blue, Jim came walking in to her shop. “Hey Amy, how is it going?”

“Hi Jim. Everything is fine, well the best I can hope for.” Amy sniffled, using the tissue to dab at her eyes. “What’s up?”

“There was a break-in down the block at the Crashdown. I was just checking to see if you had seen anyone suspicious or knew anything.” He smiled at her and whispered, “You know I miss you.”

Amy blushed, “Oh Jim I thought we agreed not to date because of personal concerns.”

“I know, but I think that was a stupid decision. I really do miss you,” Jim lean in closer to Amy and took her hand in his. He maneuvered a small piece of scrap paper into her palm and closed her hand around it. “I was wondering if we can go to the movies Friday night or maybe lunch Saturday.”

Amy felt the paper and looked at Jim understandingly. “Why wait till Friday. I am free tonight. That is if you are.” Amy smiled at him as she thought, ‘Right! Look desperate. Maybe I am being too foreword, but hell there are few eligible men left in town.’

“No, I would love to go to the movies tonight. I get off at six. How about the seven o‘clock showing? I will meet you at the West Lake Theater. Okay?”

“Sounds great?”

“Okay then,” Jim smiled and went out the door.

“Frances would it be okay if I use that break you mentioned earlier, I really need it now. Can you watch the store for me for a couple of minutes?”

“Sure hon. Take your time.” Frances smiled and continued to look for her purchases, reading each and every label thoroughly.

Amy went to the bathroom and sat on the toilet where she opened her palm slightly to see the words “Bugs” “Eyes”. She flushed the paper down the toilet after she pretended to go, balling the paper first in tissue.

Amy closed the shop early that day and went shopping for a new outfit to wear. She kept telling herself that it was silly to be acting like a teenager but she could not help herself. She found the perfect outfit, seductive yet still slightly subtle. Once home, she took a long bath with calming herbs, fixed her makeup and dressed. The traffic was light on the way to the theater and she was able to park close by. With the shopping and time devoted to personal grooming, Amy could not believe she was still 15 minutes early, “Talk about being desperate,” she said aloud when she looked at her watch. She turned on the music and sat there for a few minutes, wasting time. Then getting out of the car, locking it, she walked the short distance to the theater.

She waited for Jim outside, not knowing which movie they were seeing. He arrived right on the nose at seven and they picked a movie and went inside. Opting to sit in the back row, they sat making small talk, watching the previews; when the room darkened, Jim leaned over

“Pretend we are making out,” he said nuzzling her neck, “that way I can talk to you.”

Amy nodded and she turned her face into his shoulder letting him nibble on her neck, his face towards the wall.

“Amy there are bugs in your house and store courtesy of the FBI, they can see and hear everything you are doing. Your phone is also bugged. We are probably being watched here also. Moan and pretend you are enjoying it.”

Amy let out a small barely audible more and whispered in his ear, “I do like it, I don’t have to pretend.”

Jim pulled back and smiled, taking her back into his arms he whispered in her ears, “I need to meet you in the desert soon; I need to tell a lot of things about Maria and the rest. How about tomorrow, I am off work. A picnic, we will make it look like a romantic getaway.”

“Okay Jim sounds like a great date.” Amy whispered back.

They smiled at each other and then sat back up to watch the movie, although for show Jim would leave over every occasionally to kiss Amy.

~ Secrets Shared by Lovers ~
suicide_eagle_rath
Obsessed Roswellian

Book 1: Section 1: Chapter 6: Part 3 of 3

~ Not Coming Home ~

Timeline: The Next Day

“When you answer the door pick up the phone you wont find me cause I'm not coming home” “Not Coming Home” by Maroon 5

Amy pulled into the Valenti’s driveway, her legs shook as she walked to his door. Why was Jim being so secretive? Who was listening to them and watching them? The FBI, surely they had better things to do than watch all the parents let alone bug their home and businesses. Something was definitely wrong. She walked to the front door and knocked, then after waiting only seconds, she knocked again and waited. She then began knocking repeatedly until she heard an indistinguishable muffled voice coming from within.

Jim showed up in the glass and smiled at Amy. “Amy.” He opened the door and stepped back. “Come in.” There was a smoke haze slowly making its way from the kitchen. “Sorry about not answering sooner, had trouble with our lunch.” He started fanning the air, trying to break up the haze.

“Lunch? You made us lunch.”

“Yeah,” he pointed to the basket on the table. “Almost started a fire with the oil for the chicken.’’

“You made fried chicken.” Amy broke out in a huge smile as she tapped Jim on the chest. “Why Jim Valenti I am impressed!”

“Nothing but the best for you.” Jim took a deep breath. “Ready.” He picked up the basket and held the door open for her.

On the drive, Jim studied Amy. He could still hear the desperation in Amy’s voice and he saw the hurt in her eyes on Graduation day; he held all the answers, would she ever forgive him for lying to her all this time.

They drove out to Buckley’s Point. “Thought the landscape was better for a picnic than the desert,” explained Jim as he threw down a blanket close to the streambed.

“Jim I know strange things have been going on with the FBI, the kids, you. What is it?”

He held up one finger to his lips and before Amy could protest, he kissed her cheek whispering in her ear. “We need to whisper here as well, they may have listening devices.” Putting up a boom box, he proceeded to play a disc of his band, rather loudly.

“Isn’t that a little loud, Jim?” asked Amy.

“No, it confuses their sensors,” explained Jim almost shouting in her ear.

Amy looked up into the sky, inhaled deeply, and sighed.

“Are you okay?” Jim helped her to sit down on the blanket.

She nodded. “Where is Maria? Is she okay?” whispered Amy leaning in close to Jim.

”I do not know where, but I am sure she is okay, Michael will make sure of that.”

Amy looked worried but kept silent waiting for Jim to finish.

”I have something to tell you that will make you both happy and mad at the same time.” Jim looked Amy dead in the eye. “Their lives depend upon your reaction and how you handle the information.”

Amy acknowledged Jim with a small nod of her head. “I will do what I have to make sure Maria is okay.”

“I have a letter from Maria,” he handed her a folded paper that was in the picnic basket.

Amy’s hand shook as she unfolded the letter and read it.

Mom
I am so sorry I left the way I did. There was no other choice, I had to make a decision and I hope I made the right one. There is so much for me to say. Jim Valenti can fill you in on most everything about Michael, Max and Isabel. Just remember to keep an open mind and that I love you.

I am sorry I had to keep so many things secret from you. You had a right to know everything, but there were lives involved, I did not want you to get hurt. Please understand and forgive me.

If plans worked out you should have Liz’s journal. It will explain some of what happened. But it does not tell you how much I love you or Michael and what he means to me. I hope that you will see why I chose to leave with the rest.

The last three years have been incredible, you will understand soon. Tell Mr. Valenti Kyle is okay and misses him as much as I miss you. Isabel and Max also miss their families. We are all so homesick, but their lives are in danger and we must stay away for now.

Thanks for being my Mom. We will be together soon. I hope. Until then I am thinking about you every day.

I love you
Maria

A small note was below Maria signature

I will protect her I promise. No one will ever hurt her. Michael

“Jim…” Amy shivered in the daylight. “What does this mean? What journal?”

”Maria has been privy to a secret for almost three years now, every since the September of her sophomore year.

”Please do not tell me she is running drugs.” Amy took a deep breath and fanned herself.

”No nothing like that. No drugs.” Jim said with a chuckle, “It concerns Michael, Max, and Isabel. They are different.”

”What do you mean different?” Amy thought for a minute on how they could be different. “You mean because they were all left in the desert.”

“Well sort of.” Jim closed his eyes as he thought of the words, “They are different because they are aliens.”

Amy let out a loud laugh as she double up in hysteria. “Aliens,” she stammered out between fits of giggles, “Green with three eyes.” Amy could not stop laughing, “Aliens.” She held two fingers onto of her head like antennae. “Aliens, oh my side hurts.”

“I know it sounds crazy," remarked Jim as he reached into the picnic basket and handed Amy Liz’s journal.

“What?” Amy stopped laughing and looked at the book. ”Is this Liz’s journal?”

Jim nodded yes and took some chicken out to munch on. Amy leaned against a tree an opened up the first page. For the next 30 minutes Jim napped as Amy read, page after page, she eyes could not comprehend what she was seeing.

“This is insane. Crazy. Ludicrous.” Amy flung her arms into the arms. “Are you telling me Michael is from… Czechoslovakia?”

“It is the truth.”

”You knew!”

Jim nodded

Amy hit him hard on the chest “You fucking knew and did not tell me.” She hit him again. “How could you?”

“It was not my secret to tell. I promised Max and the rest after he saved Kyle.”

“Aliens?” Amy thought back to her store. “Oh My God! I sold them. Alien stuff. Michael wrestled as an alien to help save my store. Oh no.”

Jim nodded, “They are still Michael, Max, and Isabel.” Jim lowered his voice, “The FBI wants them to study them. Do you understand?” Amy nodded “That is why they ran; the FBI was there to kill them. They had snipers trained on them ready to fire.” Amy started to shake, “Michael rescued Max and the rest ran.” Amy stated to cry, “Maria volunteered to go with them. Liz and Kyle had to because they were changing inside.”

“I’m leaving.” Amy got up, only to fall down; her legs were like wet noodles.

“Amy,” Jim reached out a pulled her into his arms. “It will be okay you must have faith. Maria is a tough girl.”

”I’m scared, Jim. I’m scared to death.” She cried into his shirt. “What am I to do?”

“Act normal and wait. Eventually they will be safe. Do you understand?”

“I do understand. Aliens?” She muffled into his chest, “Michael is an alien. My daughter is sleeping with an alien, not from across the border but from out there,” she looked into the sky.

Jim nodded. “Yes.”

“So, who else knows about them?”

“Phillip and Diane Evans and Jesse Ramirez found out a few days before graduation. They were sworn to secrecy. Jeff got the journal the day I came to your shop.”

“It wasn’t right to keep us in the dark Jim.”

“I promised. I had to make sure you were safe, the less you knew the better. This Sunday we are meeting for lunch, you me, the Evans and Parkers. We are all the kids have left.”

She ran her hands through her hair without noticing the tremble that was beginning to consume her entire body. “Aliens. Here we are in Roswell New Mexico, home of the little green men…figures” Amy looked at Jim, tears streaming down her face. “What will happen to them?”

“Hopefully nothing.”

“And what about us, Jim?”

“Hopefully something.”

~ Secrets of the Hearth ~
suicide_eagle_rath
Obsessed Roswellian

Book 1: Section 1: Chapter 7: Part 1 of 2

Chapter 7: Jesse Ramirez’s Experience
~ We Have No Secrets From Each Other, or Do We? ~

“Sometimes I wish , Often I wish that I never knew some of those secrets of yours” “We Have No Secrets” by Carly Simon

Isabel had no sooner left when Jesse got up and rushed out of the auditorium after her. He ran to his car, opening the door when he saw several SUV’s pulling up and a barrage of men with weapons drawn get out and race into the school. He then saw a motorcycle race into the school parking lot heading up the steps of the school without stopping. Jesse got into his car, started the engine and disappeared into his old neighborhood where he knew he could buy the one item without questions that his wife and the rest needed right now.

He found them at the pod chamber all standing there wondering what to do. He came tearing onto the scene with a white steed; more correctly, it was an old beat-up rust bucket of a van, but still a steed to them. He was going to go with Isabel but she refused him, and she was right. He knew that he could never survive out there on the run; he wanted the good life; a fine leather chair, excellent brandy, a Cuban cigar, living in a spacious house with his wife doting on him, and kids beaming up at him. Kids, they probably were an impossibility considering her alien DNA. No, it was for the best, that he stayed. For now he was going to take the job in Boston, he would wait for her, for how long he really did not know.

He drove Michael’s bike into Roswell going directly home for some sleep as he was exhausted. He just barely just got one leg off the bike when two federal agents came up to him.

“Mr. Ramirez?”

“Yes.”

“You are under arrest.”

“For what?”

“Conspiracy to bomb a public building.”

“What?” Jesse exclaimed as they shackled his hands and feet in chains as he sat in the unmarked blue sedan. His next stop was the middle of the desert where unceremoniously he was hauled into a room, still in chains and left for several hours.

Finally, two agents came in named Smith and Jones. For hours, they asked him the same questions over and over. Jesse kept on insisting he had rights, which they denied using the cover of the Patriotic Act because he was a suspect in an act of terrorism.

They left for a while Jesse dozed, he was hungry, needed a restroom badly, and was extremely thirsty. Agent Smith woke Jesse up with a start when he asked him again point blank to his face, “Why did your wife leave you Mr. Ramirez?”

“What?” Jesse blinked, “Where am I?” Jesse slowly recognized where he was, still in the palace of hell thanks to his tax dollars hard at work.

“Why are you protecting her?”

The agents wanted to know why he had informed the psychiatrist she was with the mob. Jesse mind raced with his real thought, ‘What was I suppose to say she was an alien. They would have locked me be locked up in the mental ward. Maybe that would have been for the better.’

“Mr. Ramirez?” They asked the same questions again.

Jesse explained it over and over to the agents that he was using an example “I said my wife family reminded me of the movie Godfather where the in-laws are with the mob and the therapist picked up on that word and keep using it so I went along with him instead of correcting him all the time.” Jesse knew this was a lie, but who could challenge what he said.

Then they laid the bombshell down, that Isabel tried to blow up the school.

“Isabel would never do that!” Jesse defended her

“Our information says that your wife and her brother are terrorists. They planned to kill a lot of people today.”

“What informants?” Jesse wanted to know. “Who was this person?”

“I cannot reveal the name sir, it is confidential?”

“Well your informant is wrong.”

This line of questioning continued for a while. The agents keep returning to the same questions rewording them slightly trying to catch him off guard.

Then they brought in the box. Jesse looked over the items things that were from a child’s past. She was lovers with Michael they told him. Fortunately, Jesse had some experience in criminal law and knew that this was a common ploy. To convince the man involved that his loved ones were either lying to him or having an affair and using him. Jesse was not going to fall for it.

“So they had a past before I met her, what’s the big deal about a 3rd grade Valentine.”

Then they showed Jesse the letter. A letter that Jesse could have had easily brushed off as a hoax, if it was not for the word destined. That is what they were destined to be together, to be married, to produce a royal heir. He remembered the story Michael told him and the little information Isabel volunteered. He bit his lip as he read the words; they were lovers he had heard Michael say it that day but he did not believe him.

“What were they?” Agent Smith was pushing the buttons now, he did love to make humans squirm, even if this were only for fun, if it were for real he would have screamed his last breath hours ago. “What kind of past Mr. Ramirez?”

Jesse remembering the TV show about past life regressions combined a story he heard that night about a southern bell and union officer with the royalty of Antar and how they died in a war. It sounded like lunacy, maybe they would think Jesse was nuts and leave him alone to mourned his loss. He heard Agent Smith say something under his breath and for a fleeting moment, Jesse felt as though Agent Smith knew more than he was saying.

Jesse had no idea how much longer he was held there, they had taken his watch away. Agent Smith finally came in and said he could go but as an officer of the court, he was to call when he heard from his wife or the others. If he cooperated maybe, the FBI would be careful in their roundup.

~ Secrets that Hurt ~
suicide_eagle_rath
Obsessed Roswellian

Book 1: Section 1: Chapter 7: Part 2 of 2

Chapter 7: Jesse Ramirez’s Experience
~ Secrets of the Heart ~

Timeline: Graduation Day to Six Months After

“Te voy a cambiar el nombre, para guardar el secreto. Porque te amo y me amas, no debo ser indiscreto” “Secreto de Amor” by Joan Sebastian

Jesse walked in to a trashed apartment, it was even worse than when Michael and Max had their little row a few weeks before, basically nothing was left intact. He double checked to see if there was any opened gas lines or water running before Jesse jammed the door shut, and went to the Travel Inn for some much-needed sleep. It was late the next day when he woke, dressed and grabbed some food at the nearest fast food place. He stopped at the grocery store where he picked up a supply of plastic bags, cleaning supplies, boxes, and beer. It was going to be a long day and night,

It was over; his fairy tale wedding, his beautiful wife, his new life. Everything he picked up reminded him of a lie; lie on top of lie. His whole marriage based on lies. Isabel was not who she claimed to be, ‘crap, she was not even of this galaxy’; he thought as he downed another beer. His journalist friend, Eric Hughes, was right they were the Roswell aliens. How could Eric see that so clearly, when he was with Isabel day and night and couldn’t see the fire though the smoke.

He packed up what was not broken or fixable of Isabel’s and placed the items into a box. He called Diane and asked if they wanted to keep some of the things for Isabel. Jesse opened the door and placed the box down keeping the door a jarred, turning around he stumbled over a small box that was lying just inside his door; he did not remember seeing it earlier that day. It was the cigar box, why did the agents return it. Were they trying to drive him mad? Just then, Diane and Philip came walking in.

“I already packed up much of what was Isabel’s that is worth keeping.” Jesse said showing them the box filled with some clothing and bric-a-brac. You may want to keep this also.

Jesse watched Diane’s eyes as she read the letter and then gave it to Philip to read. It did not shock them that much, it was if they already knew and understood what was going on.

“The FBI showed me the box and that letter. They wanted to know what it meant.” Jesse paused as he took a deep breath. “I told them exactly it meant, my wife took off with her lover.”

“Jesse, she and Michael are not lovers,” Diane spoke out, “Isabel would never do that to you.”

“It was the best way to get them to believe why she left me.” Jesse explained, “I told the FBI they believed in past live experiences, and that they lived during the Civil War.”

“Did they believe you?”

Jesse shrugged his shoulders and was quiet for a few seconds before he spoke again. He told them about how Michael attacked him and how he brought Isabel back from the other side, she followed his voice she followed him. That made Jesse feel all the rage and anger come back into his soul.

Jesse looked at his in-laws “They had a whole life together, a life that did not include me or you either.”

Jesse sat down on his heels and picked up his wedding picture, the shards of glass dropped as he stood up. It was over, the Evanses took the box and walked out of his life, it was his choice now, he needed stability to get on with his life and let this nightmare fade into blackness.

A couple days later, Jesse kissed his mother goodbye and thanked her for everything including not saying anything negative about his failed marriage. Mrs. Ramirez in her heart always felt the marriage was rushed, she half expected a child to be born soon, despite Jesse’s protests that they had not done anything like that. Mrs. Ramirez couldn’t fathom why else two people with such diverse backgrounds would marry being practically strangers. ‘That is why the marriage failed,’ she though as she hugged her son and cried as he left for the airport.

As Jesse boarded the plane he gave a last look at Roswell, it seem as though an eternally had pasted in the last few short months. In less than a year he met and married, was lied to, his wife almost died, he almost died, their marriage failed, his faith and convictions were turned upside down with the knowledge of aliens, the FBI kidnapped him, he was married to an alien princess, he discovered his wife’s former lover was Michael, and the most disturbing of all was that he had killed. Goodbye Roswell.

~ Secrets that Bleed ~
suicide_eagle_rath
Obsessed Roswellian

Book 1: Section 2: Chapter 1: Part 1 of 10

Gone but Not Forgotten: Book One of the Chronicles of Antar
Section 2: The Crack Widens
Chapter 1: The Road Trip from Hell
~ Ready to Run ~

“we're broken down but we're not broken it will be alright” “Where the Highway Ends” by Hidden In Plain View

“A team? Look at us. It's ridiculous.”

“We're just fighting for our lives.”

“I won't make this decision for everyone. I'm givin' up the throne.”

“Why don't we get outta Dodge before they land on us? We leave.”

“... thank you, Roswell... for giving me a family... for giving me a home...”

“Let's go!!”

“Does he really get to start referring to us as his 'own kind'?”

“... whatever that is in the end, that's what it'll be... but... we're doing it together. “

“Like I said, we're gonna need a van.”

“So now we're six.”

Quotes from Roswell TV series Graduation Episode

~A clean slate to start with no discernable cracks~

Book 1: Section 2: Chapter 1: Part 2 of 10

Gone but Not Forgotten: Book One of the Chronicles of Antar
Section 2: The Crack Widens
Chapter 1: The Road Trip from Hell
~ The Highway to Hell ~

Timeline: A couple of weeks after Leaving Roswell

“And I'm going down, all the way down I'm on the highway to hell” “Highway to Hell” by AC DC

The van was hot and sticky; Michael’s breath was steady while his closed eyes moved rapidly back and forth indicating REM sleep. He was relieved when they made it to a nice quiet clean motel and a relaxing shower. He came out dripping water everywhere when he saw Maria on the bed, inviting him to join her. He leaped onto the bed kissing the soft silky milk white skin of her inner thigh, slowly making his way north to his ultimate goal. He was in no hurry they had all night, he wanted to make this last. The air was hot and thick in the room…

“Hey Guerin wake up. It’s your turn,” bellowed Kyle’s disembodied voice.

Michael then felt a swift kick to his ankle. He shot up, only to smack his head into the window of the van.

“Christ, Kyle what the hell did you do that for?” Michael snarled as he held his head, furious that he had been awakened from a very provocative dream.

“Your turn to drive,” stated Kyle matter-of-factually.

”Never wake me like that again. Do you understand Kyle?” Michael stood up and jumped out of the van, looking back at Kyle, his eyes glowing. “Unless you want to be dust.” Michael walked around the van to the driver’s side; he glanced into the rearview mirror. “Got it?”

“Yeah, yeah got it,” Kyle smiled mischievously. “Next time I will wake you with a kiss.”

“Kyle,” warned Max as Michael growled in an audible range for all to hear. Kyle just shrugged and chuckled, he loved to get under Michael’s skin; it was a game for him, after all, they need some entertainment on this road trip from hell.

After driving for about thirty miles, Michael called back to Max, “So where are we heading this time Max.”

“North, just keep on this road,” replied Max.

Michael had different northerly direction still in mind as he glanced over to Maria who was snuggling down to trying to sleep. “Right!” Michael smirked as he added, “He who is fearless leader,” using his best Bullwinkle impression.

~A small hairline crack appears~