When the heck IS Max's birthday anyway? The Roscanon thread

Have a challenge you'd like to see written? Have an idea that just won't get out of your head? Want to talk anything and everything fanfic or writer related? This is the place.

Moderators: ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

Chrisken
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Chrisken »

Jezebel Jinx wrote:Tried to figure this out but I'm getting confused.

How many "species" of aliens were mentioned being on Antar?

Is it the Antarians, Shapeshifters, and Skins? Or were Antarians just a general classification and the Shapeshifters and Skins were the more specific?

As you can see I'm very confused on the classification of aliens on Antar. If someone could help me I'd be so grateful. Thanks.
They don't give much information, but here's the way I generally take it.

'Skin' is not a species so much as a contextual description... like 'person wearing a spacesuit' or 'man in a red hat.' It's the husks that made them skins, not the real alien people living inside. We don't know how many different species could wear husks and become Skins, but it appears that most of them were native Antarians of one sort or another.

Shapeshifters like Nasedo and Kal seem to be another kind of life form, especially since they can survive on earth without interference, which the Antarians apparently cannot. Given what we find out about them in 'Control', it seems just possible that shapeshifters were genetically engineered by the Antarians as servants, which might mean that they can't reproduce their own kind and don't count as a species that way. But that's heavily speculative.

Not sure if the same species live on all five planets from the Summit, but they seem to understand each other well enough that that's possible - that Antar sent out colony ships a long time ago and they found four other planets to live on, say. Or they could be intended to be all natives of their own worlds.

And then, there's Whittaker's remark to Isabel that 'your kind doesn't rule any longer' or something like that, which seemed to suggest that there were racial differences between the royal four and kivar, and not just political issues.

Basically, make it up yourself and have fun. It's hard to contradict canon here because it says so little.
Read my other roswell stories!

"A man does not make his destiny: he accepts it or denies it. If the Rowan tree's roots are shallow, it bears no crown." From 'the farthest shore', Ursula LeGuin.

Jezebel Jinx
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Jezebel Jinx »

Thanks so much. I completely forgot about the other planets around Antar. Thanks again. :D
Sig made by AngelFaith
My Fics
Ships: Bangel~Spuffy~Polar~Jumper~Drifter~X-tremer~Awakened Dreamer~Catfighter~Naley~Rogan~Liason~Chilly~Delena~Sebasthryn~Ezria~Jaylee
nunki
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by nunki »

Calinia wrote:Jeff called Liz "Lizzie" sometimes, for example in "Into the Woods". I don't remember anybody else ever calling her that, but I really don't know.
I think Maria once said something like "Good luck Lizzie." in some of the eralier episodes.

Calinia wrote:I think Liz called Maria "Ria" once, but it was more like her saying Maria really fast so that you hardly heard the "ma" part. I don't know which episode that was though, sorry.
I think it´s Crazy...the scene when Liz gets the flowers, but I´m not sure.
Kath7 wrote:
irish2002 wrote:Lizzybug, I think everyone just assumes that Hank's last name is Guerin because its Michael's, but considering that we learned in I Married an Alien that Michael had been through several foster homes before ending up with Hank, its a pretty safe bet that Guerin isnt Hank's last name. Actually I'm almost positive Hank's last name is Whitmore (not Whitman like Alex, but Whitmore). I've got a quote lying around here that has Hank referred to as Hank Whitmore, but I haven't figured out what episode its from yet. I'll come back later if I figure it out.

-Kate
I think you're right, Kate. Whitmore sounds VERY familiar. Might it have come from the document Topolsky is carting around about Michael in TMA? I know some people pause on those things and get info off of them.

Kath
Whitmore sounds familiar to me too.Now you got me curious, cause I can´t remember the episode where it´s said and I´m almost sure that it was said somewhere.
isabelle
Roswell Fanatic

Post by isabelle »

Hank's full name was mentioned in "Independence Day"

It is Whitmore.
LairaBehr4
Addicted Roswellian

Post by LairaBehr4 »

What is Alex's mom's name? Do we ever find out?
Get Lost in my stories.
cardinalgirl
Addicted Roswellian

Post by cardinalgirl »

It's Gloria, LairaBehr.
Chrisken
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Chrisken »

cardinalgirl wrote:It's Gloria, LairaBehr.
Yep. And the place we find out is in 'It's too late and it's too bad' when Liz is asking Alex's dad about the flowers 'from sweden':

"It's awful to admit, but Gloria and I didn't even think about contacting them."
Read my other roswell stories!

"A man does not make his destiny: he accepts it or denies it. If the Rowan tree's roots are shallow, it bears no crown." From 'the farthest shore', Ursula LeGuin.

LairaBehr4
Addicted Roswellian

Post by LairaBehr4 »

Who is the principal of West Roswell? Do we ever find out?
Get Lost in my stories.
Zanity
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Zanity »

LairaBehr4 wrote:Who is the principal of West Roswell? Do we ever find out?
I'm pretty sure it's Principal Forester.
LairaBehr4
Addicted Roswellian

Post by LairaBehr4 »

Thanks - I went back and read through previous posts and found it. I think it's spelled with 3 R's - "Forrester". Thanks again!
Get Lost in my stories.