Another What If (AU, M/L- ADULT) ~{COMPLETE}~

Finished stories that feature the characters from the show, but there are no aliens. All fics completed on the main AU without Aliens board will eventually be moved here.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Erina, Hunter, Forum Moderators

kay_b
Addicted Roswellian

Another What If (AU, M/L- ADULT) ~{COMPLETE}~

Post by kay_b »

Disclaimer: I do not own Roswell or anything else related to it, though I wish I did. That way, I’d know Jason Behr personally. Other references are borrowed for the purposes of this fic. This is an alternative piece to What If…? but still if there’s anyone who has the same fic or book or whatever, please let me know. I do not wish to offend anyone or be sued.

Author: Katherine Baltazar [kay_orange@hotmail.com]

Rating: ADULT

Author’s Note: Everything from Chapters 1-6 of What If…? happened. So if you’ve already read that, just read the Prologue then go ahead and skip to Chapter 7.

Dedication: This is for everyone who read What If...?. Thank you so much for your feedbacks. I just read them all and I am truly grateful that somehow the fic has touched you. And for those who hated Max during the beginning of that story, get ready for more....

~*~*~*~*~

Prologue

“What if Max never left for New York?”

Would things still be the same between him and Liz? Would he have changed? Would Liz have gone through all that heartache?

We all take a different path everyday. One small action causes ripples to spread out affecting every other thing in our lives. If we took the left instead of the right, does that mean we took a step away from our destiny or a step closer to it? No one knows what will happen, no one can tell. Even a psychic will say the same thing. One small step changes our future each and every day. No one can really know what the future holds until we are actually living it.

How many times have we thought about changing the present by doing one thing differently in the past? I know I have done this, thousands of times. And often it leaves me wondering, if I have done the right thing.

Chapter 1

This is where our story revolves, but before anything else, let me introduce our characters….

Let’s start off with one of our main guy, Max Evans. He’s a well known actor on TV and the movies. He started at a very young age as an extra at a school play. Since then he’s been bitten by the acting bug and went off to Hollywood right after high school and has been a successful actor ever since. He was the lead actor in a TV series about this boy who was an alien and fell in love with a human girl and disrupted their lives and that of their friends. But that is a different story all together. Anyway, back to Max. He’s this tall guy, about 5’11” in height with jet black hair, hazel eyes and a body to die for. Every girl swoons over him and unfortunately he knows it. But you can’t really blame him, the guy is a living god.

He can be charming, sweet and funny one minute and a total son of a bitch the next. He loves being in the limelight and rubbing elbows with other famous celebrities. He’s considered a teen idol although he is already 25 years old. This is mainly because he has those boyish good looks that leave women drooling.

He has a sister that acts as his publicist, Isabel Evans. Isabel is a tall, blond, curvy ex-model and is also Max’s twin. She decided to end her modeling career when she met the love of her life, Alex Whitman. She has the same personality as Max does, kind and caring to those who know her and an Ice Queen to those who don’t. She pulls this façade on people to throw them off when trying to get close to her just to get their hands on Max. After experiencing this often, she had to put up these defensive walls.

Next, we have Alex Whitman, Isabel Evans’ beloved fiancée. Alex is the same age as Max and Isabel and is one of the top executives in the country. Known more particularly as the heir to Whitman Technologies, Alex is a very caring person. Alex is about 6’1” in height, which makes him and Isabel a perfect fit. He’s quite intelligent and compassionate about his family’s businesses and employees. And because of that, a lot of people often wonder why Alex fell for the Ice Queen but only he and those close to Isabel know her true self.

These three people are close to each other and are very famous. They are often seen in the illustrious circles of celebrities and socialites. Now let’s move on to the other main character in this story.

Liz Parker, 23 years old, petite and svelte, with long dark brown tresses, brown doe eyes and a smile that can give anyone a toothache. She’s loyal to her friends, takes pride in being honest, good-hearted, determined and affectionate. She’s also very smart, graduating as valedictorian both in high school and college. She’s grounded with a loving family that owns the most famous diner in town. Liz now works as a certified microbiologist at Whitman Technologies. She has two best friends ever since she was five whom she trusts and depends on with her whole life.

One of Liz’s friends is the bright and cheery Maria DeLuca who’s the same age as Liz. Famous for having a motor-mouth, Maria can talk so fast, you have to know her well to understand her when she goes on her rants. Maria is a few inches taller than Liz, with shoulder length, straight blonde hair, green eyes and pouty lips. She’s a strong-willed person and has been branded as Liz’s wacky friend. Years of working at Liz’s family’s diner, she never expected to be in the same industry forever. However, her future had other plans. She is currently the co-owner of a elegant restaurant along with her boyfriend.

Liz’s other best friend is Michael Guerin. Michael is very tall and hanging out with Maria and Liz most of the time makes him look so much bigger since the two girls are around 5’2” to 5’5” maybe. Anyway, he’s 25 years old and has got long light brown hair, the ends curling at just about his shoulder. He’s got a big build and is known to be a bully. Like Isabel, people outside their group do not know the real Michael. He looks very intimidating and can very well be at times but he’s a complete sweetheart towards his two girls. He’s a great cook which is beneficial to Maria, being her boyfriend since she can’t cook. He co-owns the Tabasco, a hot new restaurant which is rapidly getting recognized. He considers Liz like a little sister because no matter how small she is, she always tries to look out for him which he also does in return.

Now that we have all the players suitably presented, we can head on to Roswell, New Mexico; alien capital of the world. This is where our story begins. So without further ado, fasten your seatbelts and enjoy the ride.

Chapter 2

Junior Year in West Roswell High

“God, Maria! I’m in love!”

Liz runs up to her long-time best friend Maria DeLuca waving a magazine in the air. She gracefully weaves through other students at West Roswell High avoiding the lunchtime rush.

“Huh? Liz, what are you talking about?” Maria meets Liz as they try to find a vacant table in the cafeteria.

Both girls are in their junior year and have been friends for a long time along with a senior, Michael Guerin.

“Girls! Over here!” Michael calls out to them, waving from a vacant table. Michael is two years older and a year ahead of the girls in school but since they all grew up together he still hangs out with them. Anyone who tries a thing or two with his girls or thinks it’s funny or dumb to be friends with them, usually lost a tooth once Michael found out about it.

The girls move to where Michael is and unceremoniously drop their food trays on the table. Maria sits next to Michael with Liz sitting right across her. As soon as they were settled, Liz pushes the magazine towards Maria’s face.

“Look! Look!” Liz taps the page impatiently.

“Ok, ok! Calm down. Geez!” Maria grabs the magazine and reads over the article.

“What do you have there Liz?” Michael asks as he leans towards Maria, looking over her shoulder.

“My soulmate.” Liz sighed.

“Huh?” Michael scratches his brow as he sinks back down and starts to eat.

“Hmm, he is dreamy.” Maria comments.

“What? What the hell are you looking at?” Michael yanks the magazine out of Maria’s hands.

“Hey! Be careful!” Liz yelled at Michael.

“Geez, rude much?” Maria said sarcastically.

After browsing through the entire article, Michael starts laughing hysterically.

“What’s so funny?” Liz scowled.

“You…you are.” Michael replied between laughs.

“Michael, stop it.” Maria saw Liz’s saddening expression.

Michael tried to calm himself down before he started talking again. “Look Liz, this is just another boy toy. I can assure you that he’s just the hot item of the week. After a couple of weeks, another face will be on the magazines. Just look at this, I don’t think he’ll last in showbiz.”

Liz took the magazine from Michael. “What do you know about show business?” She lovingly smoothened out the page.

“Ok, ok, I may know nothing about it, but come on Liz, how can you say the guy is your soulmate?” ‘Waitaminute, what am I saying?’ Michael thought. “You see, hanging out with you girls for this long is turning my brain into mush!”

Maria and Liz laughed at that. Then Maria faced Liz, “Maybe this is just an infatuation then you’ll move on to your next guy.”

“No I won’t, this is real.”

Michael tried to stifle his laugh but to no avail. Maria elbowed him in the ribs.

“Ow!” Michael yelped then placed a hand over the attacked region, trying to rub the pain away. “How could you know if this is real Liz? You don’t even know the guy!”

“I do know him. See here, he has a profile, showing the things he likes, his dislikes, his hobbies, interests, what he looks for in a girl…” She went on, pointing to the list on the magazine. “He’s a hard worker, he’s strong willed, he values his family, he likes science, he likes strawberries and he likes brunettes!”

“How do you even know if that’s real? His publicist could have written that!” Michael replied.

Maria just narrowed her eyes on Michael. Then she faced Liz, “Ooh, ooh, let’s do the What If question.”

Michael rolled his eyes, “Here we go…”

Liz huffed at him then straightened up in her seat for Maria’s question.

“What if you had the chance to have a one-night stand with this guy, would you do it?”

“Absolutely.”

Michael choked on his food.

“What? Liz! No way! You won’t do that, you’re…you’re Liz, America’s all-time, number 1 goody-goody!” Maria exclaimed.

“What do you want me to say? We always answer the ‘What Ifs’ as truthful as possible should we be put in that situation. So I’m answering it as honestly as I can.”

After getting some air back into his system, Michael spoke, “Ok, as much as I think this game of yours is really stupid, I have to say something.” Both girls faced their best friend. “You can’t honestly sit there and tell me that you’ll sleep with this guy if you got a chance to do it. I mean, no way!”

“What? Look, this is a What If.” Then motioning her fingers to symbolize quotation marks, “If, people, If. And this is a big If. He’s an actor, I’m a nobody. Wouldn’t you jump at the chance if you could have a one-night stand with Pamela Anderson?” Liz answered back.

“You got a point.” Michael replied.

“I rest my case.” Liz proceeded to eat her lunch.

“Wow, all this time you answer those What Ifs differently, safely, in true Liz Parker fashion. Why the big change?”

“Maria, this is my dream guy we’re talking about here.” Liz said as if it was the obvious answer. She stared at the picture of Hollywood’s newest heartthrob and sighed, “This is my soulmate, Max Evans.”

Chapter 3

Present Time

“Ugh, Max could you clean up a little here!” Isabel yelled as she started picking up some of Max’s discarded clothing. She was kicking around some of his clothes into one pile, when she came upon a hot pink thong.

“God damn it! MAX!!!!!” Isabel stormed into his room without even knocking, startling her brother and his apparently flavor or the month which is currently on top of him.

“Aahh!” The woman screamed, immediately clutching a blanket to her chest.

“Jeez, Isabel! Get the hell out of here!” Max yelled, snatching the sheets to cover his nakedness.

“No. You missy, whoever you are, you get out. I have to talk with my brother.” Isabel pointed a perfectly manicured finger to the young woman.

The girl started getting her clothes and ran out of the bedroom hurriedly.

“Now, as for you, I suggest you clean up because we’re having lunch with the family, brother dearest.” Isabel mocked.

“Fine, I will, as soon as you get out of here.” Max grumbled.

“20 minutes” were Isabel’s last words before she left the room.

“Liz!” Maria pounded on her bedroom door. “Get up sweetie or you’ll be late!”

“I’m up. I’m up.” Liz groaned from underneath her sheets. She rolled over and opened her eyes. Moving her arms to her night table, she grabbed a framed picture and greeted it a good morning before kissing it. As she placed it back, sunlight shone through the window and straight into Max Evans’ face.

In half an hour, Liz went out of her room all dressed up and ready to go.

“Wow, that was fast.”

“Yeah, I remembered what day it is.” Liz said sheepishly.

“Now let me take a good look at you.” Maria said in a sing song manner as she instructed Liz to turn around slowly.

“Maria.” Liz whined.

“What? Is it wrong for me to make sure that you look utterly perfect? You’ve dreamed of this moment ever since you can say microbiology.”

Liz giggled. “Ok, ok. Do I pass your inspection?”

“Fine…but don’t say I didn’t warn you…” Maria trailed off.

Liz stopped dead in her tracks, “Warned me about what?” She ran to the nearest mirror to give herself another once over.

“Kidding.” Maria grinned.

“Haha, funny.” Liz said sarcastically.

“Hey, where’s Michael?”

“Oh, he left early to open up. Someone booked the entire place for brunch today.”

“Wow, did he say who it is?”

“No. And before you even ask, it was booked by a woman.”

“What if it’s his sister? His publicist is Isabel Evans.” Liz replied.

“Nope, that’s not it either. Now eat your breakfast.” Maria pushed Liz’s plate closer to her.

“Yes, mother.”

Both women laughed.

Over the years, Max Evans became a household name. The more Max got famous, the more his ego swelled. Although there were times when he was the sweetheart that every girl’s mother would be proud to call their son-in-law, there were times when he was the complete opposite. He and his older brother Andrew often got into fights because of his attitude and his ever-increasing womanizing. He also got lectures from his twin and publicist Isabel. Sometimes, his dad would join in but his mom and younger sister Karen didn’t wish to meddle in his fame. He has made a lot of movies, and appeared in several TV shows, starred in a famous sci-fi TV series and has millions of fans all across America and the globe. He has never had a serious relationship and was voted one of the most eligible bachelors.

At the young age of 25, Max Evans had it all, fame, fortune, and women.

Liz Parker went to Harvard and got her degree in Microbiology. She has gone on to become one of the top certified biologists at the young age of 23. Her parents have always been so proud of her for her achievements, to which her newest one is starting her career at Whitman Technologies. Although Whitman Technologies’ focus is more on computers, they recently entered the medical industry as a charitable cause to help find a cure for life-threatening diseases. More importantly, WT had a new office built in California for this new project and is dedicated to helping charity organizations for children. Liz was ecstatic when she found out that she was chosen to be one of the scientists working there. One, because Whitman Technologies is one of the top corporations in the country. And two, because Alex Whitman, the heir and head of the new project, is Max Evans’ future brother-in-law.

Her two best friends, Michael and Maria also went to college. Michael took up art and Maria took up entrepreneurship. But due to the practice they got from the Crashdown, and Michael being a great cook, the couple decided to open up a hot and swanky new hangout called Tabasco. When they first opened, people loved the food and Maria thought that since they were in L.A. they should make the place classy so they could cater to the rich and glamorous people of Tinseltown. Soon, Tabasco was the new place to be.

Since Michael and Maria were already living in L.A. where they started their business, they opened their home to Liz. Once again, the trio was complete.

Chapter 4

“Isabel, where are we?” Max asked as they got out of his black Ferrari.

“Haven’t you ever heard of Tabasco before?”

“Yeah, it’s hot sauce.” Max said as he opened the door for his twin.

“Not that you dumbass. This is Tabasco, one of the trendiest restaurants in Southern CA.” Isabel waved over to her parents.

“What the hell are you waving for? We’re the only people here, DUMBASS.” Max countered.

They walked over to their parents and greeted them as well as their brother and sister.

“Hey, this is cool Iz. I’ve always wanted to come here.” Karen said excitedly.

“What? Haven’t you ever come here before? What is it with you and Max? Where have you two been?” Isabel asked dumbfounded.

“Isabel, where’s Alex?” Diane asked.

“Oh, he can’t make it today Mom. The new employee is reporting to work today and he has to be there to tour her around, show her the ropes.”

“Well, don’t make him work too hard Izzy.” Philip said.

“Yeah, like you don’t Daddy.” Karen replied.

The four siblings tried to stifle their laughter.

“So Max, what’s next for you?” Andrew asked as he peered at the menu.

“Ask Isabel.” Max said without looking up, trying to decide whether he should have beef or chicken.

“Well actually Max, you’re going to do a publicity stunt.

“I am?” He turned his head to Isabel.

“Yup. We’re going to do a blind date contest. You know since he has lots of fans, the agency and I thought it would be good to have him date one and we’ll make an entire production of it. We’re already looking for which network would air it.” Isabel explained.

“Cool!” Karen commented.

“Well, at least it’ll be giving back to your admirers, not taking.” Andrew said with an underlying tone.

“What do you mean by that?” Max asked, his eyes narrowing.

“Now, now boys.” Diane said calming down her sons. Just then the waiter arrived.

“Good morning. My name is Nicholas and I’ll be your main server today. Can I interest you in some appetizers?”

At Whitman Technologies, Liz was patiently waiting in the CEO’s office. Although she appeared calm and collected on the outside, she was shaking with anxiety and excitement within.

“Hello Ms. Parker. I’m so sorry for making you wait. I’m Alexander Whitman.” Alex extended a hand.

Liz smiled and shook it firmly. “Please sir, it’s just Liz.”

“Then I’m just Alex. The ‘sir’ is reserved for my father.”

Liz smiled. Her boss seemed friendly.

“So shall we start with a tour?” Alex led her out of his office and into the heart of the building.

As they went about the different departments, Alex gave her a simple background of the entire company and the other products and services they offered. When the reached the laboratories, he went into a more extensive explanation of what she will be involved in.

“Basically you’ll be in the team that specializes in cancer research. And I’m assigning you to be the head of the pediatric division of that team.”

“What? I…I wasn’t told—”

“I know. But I think I’m a good judge of character. Plus I read your resume and consulted with your professors at Harvard. So are you up for it?”

“Y-yeah! I mean yes, of course I am.”

“Welcome aboard Liz.” Alex shook her hand and gave her a warm smile.

She smiled back.

When she got to her team, she found out that she has two people as her staff. One was named Kyle Valenti, a man with brown hair, medium built and blue eyes, who seemed to be about Michael’s age and the other was a young woman like herself. Her name is Teresa Harding, blonde, blue-eyed, petite. She specialized in neurological cases.

“Hi. Um, I’m Liz Parker.“ She said softly.

“Hey, I’m Kyle. Kyle Valenti. And this is Tess Harding.” Kyle shook her hand.

“I can speak for myself, thank you.” Tess glared at Kyle. Then changing her expression to a welcoming one. “Hi, I’m Teresa Harding but you can call me Tess.”

“So, you’re the infamous Dr. Elizabeth Parker.” Kyle leered.

“Uh…infamous?” Liz questioned.

“Yeah, Alex has been preaching about you. He’s a good guy despite his family’s background. Not to mention his fiancée’s.” Tess told her.

“Yeah, Isabel Evans. That’s some piece of work.” Kyle murmured.

“Hey, I heard that.” Tess slapped him on the chest.

“C’mon, you know that I only have eyes for you.” Kyle tried to butter Tess up.

Liz giggled.

“Excuse us Liz we sometimes get mushy like this.” Kyle snickered.

“I take it you guys are a couple?”

“Yup, we’re engaged!” Tess squealed showing her the huge rock Kyle gave her.

“Wow…” Liz whispered.

“I know, isn’t it gorgeous?” Tess exclaimed.

“Yeah, totally.”

“So, you’re our fearless leader huh?” Kyle asked.

“Well, I don’t really see it that way. We’re a team and you can pitch in any ideas or extra research.”

Tess and Kyle looked at each other then back at her.

“I think we’ll get along just fine. Glad to have you on our team Liz.” Tess smiled.

“Thanks.” Liz beamed.

Liz’s first day at Whitman Technologies was quite busy. Even though it was her first day, she worked as if she had been employed there for years. She was really ecstatic about her position and she wanted to prove to everyone that she was the best person for it.

Back at Tabasco, Max was pondering the thoughts of dating a fan. Since it was going to be a contest, he hoped that whoever wins would be a real knockout. Though he hated to admit it, his brother was right. He was a bona fide playboy who loved a woman who was great in bed. As he continued eating his lunch with his family, his mind returned to this blind date and he grinned at the thought that he just might enjoy it pleasurably.

Chapter 5

A week later, newspaper ads, radio spots and TV commercials announced the Blind Date with Max Evans. The contest rules state that every woman who wanted to join were to send in their profile and a picture. And a lot of entries poured in.

“Oh…oh…” Maria was hyperventilating. This will be Liz’s chance. She ran into Liz’s room and typed up a profile. Michael and Liz left early to go to work and she didn’t have to leave till lunch. She looked for a recent yet beautiful picture of Liz. It was taken before Liz left for the party at Whitman Technologies for the opening of the medical building. She was wearing a long black dress and had let her hair down. Maria liked the way Liz looked and decided to take pictures. Liz objected to it but she managed to take candid shots and they turned out to be wonderful. Liz was smiling and she looked so stunning, Maria knew that Max would undoubtedly fall for her.

After creating Liz’s profile, making it as simple as possible, just the way Liz would have done it if she were there. She put in a medium sized envelope and ran down the stairs towards the street to put it in the mailbox. She couldn’t wait to see Liz’s reaction when she told her what she did. Her best friend would be ecstatic and totally grateful.

“You did what?!”

“I sent an entry for you in the contest. What’s wrong?”

“Oh God, Maria, why would you do that?”

“Why?! Why?! Because you’ve been crushing on the guy since junior high! That’s why!”

“Hey! What’s going on here?” Michael rushed in the house after hearing Maria and Liz going at it from the other side of the door. He was surprised that the neighbors hadn’t called the cops from all that screaming. When he opened the door, he was a little wary, afraid that he would see both girls sprawled on the floor and engaged in a catfight.

Liz and Maria began speaking at the same time.

“Hold it!” Michael raised his hands in the air to stop them both. “Liz, you start.”

“Maria entered me in that blind date thing with Max Evans!”

“So? What’s wrong with that? I thought you liked the guy.” Michael replied.

“Well…yes…I do, but I didn’t want to join that contest!”

“What?! Why not?!” Maria screamed.

“Because I’m now working for Alex Whitman, his brother-in-law-to-be! Do you know how embarrassing that would be if Alex finds out!”

“You don’t even know if you’ll win.” Michael reasoned.

“It doesn’t matter if I win or not. What if Alex sees my entry?!” Liz slumped on the sofa.

“Oh Chica, I’m sorry. I didn’t know. I should have asked you first.” Maria sat beside her and put an arm around her shoulders.

“Yeah, you should have Maria.” Liz sighed.

“But what if you do win?” Maria started with sparkling eyes.

“Oh no, enough with the What Ifs already. Liz, it’s too late to worry about it now. It’s already in the mail. The only thing you can do is pray that it doesn’t jeopardize your job.” The looking at Maria, “And as for you, stop meddling with people’s lives ok? I’m with Liz on this one, you shouldn’t have sent an entry to that stupid contest without asking her. Now, let’s go and have dinner, I’m starving.” Michael marched towards the kitchen. “

“You’d think he’d have enough to eat since he owns and works at a restaurant.” Maria huffed as she pulled Liz up and the two girls laughed as the made their way into the kitchen.

After a month, Liz has already put all thoughts of the contest at the back of her mind. Michael was right, there was no point in worrying. So instead of pouring her energy over something she found to be trivial now, she focused on her work and her new job and was dedicated to the cause especially when it came to the children. However, fate didn’t think the same way she did.

When she got home one night after a long day at work, she was thinking of how soothing and relaxing it would be to just soak in a hot bath. Opening the door, she wished that she had as much energy as her best friend who looked like she was bouncing off the walls…literally.

Maria was jumping all over the place and squealing. When she saw Liz enter their house, she skipped towards her best friend.

“Liz!!! Lizzie!!!” Maria was obviously on a sugar high.

“Maria, Maria!” Liz placed her hands on Maria’s shoulders. “Calm down. Deep breaths, that’s it. Where’s your cedar oil?” Liz went to look for the vial.

Maria pulled her arm, “Look! Look!” Maria waved a letter to Liz.

“What? Maria! You’re shoving the thing to my face. How can I look?!”

“Ok, here.” Maria handed it to Liz ceremoniously.

“Maria, I’m really tired, I’ll read this later ok?”

“What?! No! You have to read it now, as in right this minute!”

“Fine!” Liz said exasperated. She read the letter aloud, “Congratulations, you have been chosen to be—” She wasn’t able to finish reading the sentence because after her eyes widened at the content of the letter, she fainted.

Chapter 6

On the day of the infamous date, Max was in a sour mood. He didn’t like this publicity stunt whe he found out that he was not given the chance to choose the winner. He hated having to pretend with some fan. He could only hope and pray that she would at least be somewhat decent. As he was excluded from the selection process, he didn’t know what the girl looked, let alone if they have any common interests. But Isabel did assure him that she was involved with the judging and picking the right girl and she told him that she was pretty, in a simple sort of way.

Max adjusted his tie and waited in the limousine where he and his date would be chauffeured off to Tabasco, the hippest and hottest restaurant in Los Angeles.

When Liz read that she won the Blind Date with Max Evans, she couldn’t believe it and she fainted. When she came to, she grabbed the letter and re-read it. And it showed the same thing written on it before she passed out, and her name on the top of the letter. She, Elizabeth Parker, won the date with her longtime crush, Max Evans!

On the day of the date, the winning contestant was also given a beauty treatment in a salon. So her hair and make-up was done professionally. Her make-up made her face glow and shimmer like when it’s reflected on candlelight. Her hair was all swept up on top of her head in small waves and curls and thin tendrils framed her face.

When she first moved to California, she and Maria went on a shopping spree so Liz would have the essentials, according to Maria. She bought this burgundy dress that clung to all the right curves and reached all the way to her feet with a small train at the back. She also got matching sandals for it in case she would wear it on a special occasion. And this is the most special occasion she could think of in her entire life.

As she walked out of her room, Michael made a wolf whistle.

“You’re gonna knock him off his feet Liz.”

“Thanks Michael.”

The best friends smiled at each other.

“Just one thing, if he tries anything with you, I’ll hunt him down and kill him with my bare hands even if he is your favorite actor.”

“I don’t think that will happen, Michael. There’s a camera crew following us everywhere.”

“Good. I told your parents that you’re my responsibility when you moved here.”

“Aww, that’s so sweet Mikey.”

“Shut it.” Michael muttered.

“Here we go— Whoa, Chica, you’re burning hot!” Maria exclaimed as she walked out to the living room.

“Oh, I won’t need those earrings anymore, I just used the ones Grandma Claudia gave me, see.” Liz showed off the small diamond earrings her grandmother gave her for her 18th birthday.

Just then the doorbell rang.

“Oh no! He’s here! Oh God, I don’t think I can do this! Maria, take my place!” Liz rambled.

“What? No! Liz this is a dream come true, a once in a lifetime, a—” Maria ranted.

“Liz, just remember to have fun. No matter who he is or what he does for a living, he’s just a guy.” Michael calmed her.

Liz took a deep breath as Maria opened the door.

Maria was surprised to see a different guy standing on her front steps. She leaned out the door and looked from side to side. “Who are you?” She scowled.

“My name is Edward, I am Mr. Evans’ chauffeur.”

“Oh, well where is he?”

“He is waiting for Ms. Parker in the limousine Madam.”

“What?! He should come out here and escort her to the car!”

Edward looked back to the limo then whispered to Maria. “He’s not really feeling well but since this was already set, he is trying his hardest to make the best of this date.”

“Oh. Well, can’t he re-schedule?”

“Unfortunately, Mr. Evans has a very hectic schedule.”

“Ok. Wait here.” Maria turned her head to look at Liz. “You ready?”

“Mm-hmm.” Liz was actually feeling her insides trembling. ‘This is it. I’m finally going to meet him.’

Liz walked out to the door. And it was at that moment that Max turned his head to look out the window. What he saw was indescribable. He was seeing an angel. Despite his earlier hesitance with this whole charade, one look at his date changed his mind. Max got out of the car, gazing intently at her.

Liz headed to the car and she could feel her heart wanting to jump out of her chest and straight to Max. As a sign of nervousness, she bit her lower lip. Max could only wish that he was the one nibbling it.

Max met her halfway. “Hello.” He smiled.

“Hello.” Liz replied, smiling shyly.

“I’m Max Evans.” He offered his hand.

“I know.” Liz shook her head slightly. “I mean, I’m Liz Parker.” She placed her hand on his and he kissed it.

Max reveled in the softness of her palm. “Shall we?”

Liz could only nod.

Max helped her in the car as Edward ran to the driver’s side. Liz looked back at Maria who was grinning like the Cheshire cat.

“So, Liz Parker, tell me something about yourself.” Max started the ball rolling.

“Uh, didn’t you see all that in my profile?” Liz asked.

“Well, uh yeah, but I’ve seen a lot of them so I kinda forgot.”

“Ok. Where to start….I’m 23, a microbiologist from Roswell, New Mexico.”

“Whoa, you must be really intelligent and hardworking huh?”

“Um, I don’t really see myself that way.” Liz said embarrassed.

“Roswell, alien capital of the USA, right?” Max smirked.

“Yeah, you should visit it. Everything is alien-themed.” Liz giggled.

Her laughter sent shivers down his spine. “You have a nice laugh.” Max said sweetly.

“Um, thanks.” Liz bit her lip once more.

“Here we are.”

Liz turned her head and saw the sign. “Tabasco? We’re having dinner here?”

“Uh yeah, don’t you like it?”

“Oh I do but the people I live with own this place.”

“Oh, well then you’re probably sick of the food already. Hmm, how about we go someplace else?”

“But what about the contest? Aren’t there people waiting for us?”

Max looked at her suspiciously, “Would you really want to eat with a bunch of people staring and cameras flashing in your eyes?”

“Honestly, no. But those people are only doing their job.”

Max grinned. “Well then I’ll leave it up to you. This is your night of course.”

“What? This is a date isn’t it?”

Max nodded.

“Then it’s OUR night.”

“You’re right. So do we stay here or not? Hmm, I think I have a better place to go to. Edward, can you call ahead to The Observatory, tell them it’s for me.”

“Yes sir.” Edward answered.

“Where are we going?” Liz asked curiously.

“It’s a surprise.”

When they arrived at The Observatory, Max helped Liz out of the car. What Liz saw was a sight of beauty. There was a gazebo at the center of a lush garden and beautiful flowers and the open night sky.

“Ohmygod, this is beautiful.” Liz said softly.

“No, I think you are.” Max whispered in her ear.

Liz whipped her head to Max and stared at him. Their eyes locked for minutes before Liz broke away.

“I think our dinner is getting cold.” Liz went up to the gazebo and sat down on several pillows.

Max went to sit across from her.

“How did you find this place?” Liz said quietly.

“I was driving around one day and I saw it. I thought it would be a great place where you can just sit and think in peace. Especially with my job.”

Liz nodded.

The two ate and talked more about themselves, getting to know the other better. By the end of dinner, they were enjoying each other’s company like old friends.

“What are you going to do about all those people back at the restaurant? They’re probably going crazy looking for us.” Liz said.

“Oh don’t worry about it. I already told Edward to head on there and tell them that we’ll drop by for a quick chat and a few pictures. That is, if you don’t mind.” Max replied.

“No, not at all. Besides, if it weren’t for them, this probably wouldn’t have happened.”

“I doubt that.” Max said.

“What do you mean?”

“I think somehow we would have met.”

“I don’t think so. I’m just a fan.”

“So? I would have noticed you anywhere. Plus your friends own Tabasco, we probably would have run into each other there.”

“Maybe.” Silently, Liz recalled the number of times she wished for that to happen.

They headed back to Tabasco for an impromptu interview. The crew took a few pictures and asked typical questions like who Liz is, what her favorite movie of Max is, how they’re enjoying the date so far and what Liz’s reaction was when she won.

As they headed back in the car Max just had to ask. “You really fainted?”

“Yeah, I didn’t expect it and I kinda forgot about the whole thing. Then one night, Maria, that’s one of my best friends, was waving this letter in my face when I got through the door. Then when I read it, I fainted.” Liz looked away. “I can’t believe I’m even telling you this, but I’ve had a huge crush on you since I was 16.”

Max smiled, “If I had known you then, I probably would feel the same way.”

Liz’s heart was beating wildly. ‘How did I get here? Oh yeah, Maria. I have to thank her BIG’ she thought.

The next and last stop for the night was back at Max’s house. Liz had a questioning look on her face, wondering where they were.

“That’ll be all for the evening Edward. I’ll be the one to take Liz home.”

“Yes sir.” Edward nodded and left.

“Let’s go.” Max took Liz’s arm and guided her in.

“Where are we?”

“My place.”

Liz stopped short, “What are we doing here?”

“We haven’t had dessert yet.”

“Is this part of the contest?”

“No.”

“Then why?”

“Because I want to extend this night for as long as I can.” Max said huskily and they went in.

“So what would you like for dessert?” Max asked as he looked inside is fridge.

“Um, what do you have?” Liz asked back.

“Well, I have a leftover black forest cake…and some champagne.”

“I thought this is dessert?” Liz raised an eyebrow.

“It is. That’s why we have cake.” Max grinned holding the cake in one hand and the bottle in the other.

Liz laughed.

“Could you grab a couple forks and glasses for us? The glasses are in the cabinet right behind you and the fork is in the drawer to your left.”

Liz got the utensils and glasses and walked over to the informal dining room with Max. They sat beside each other and ate the cake and drank champagne.

They were telling stories, laughing and joking around. After a few more hours, Liz looked at her watch, it was already past 2 AM.

“Max, I better go. It’s late and I still have work tomorrow.”

Max held her hand tight. “Stay, please.”

Liz bit her lip, waging an internal battle.

“Do you know how sexy you look when you do that? I want to be the one biting your lip…well more like nibbling it.”

Liz eyes widened, “Are you drunk?”

“No, I thought of that when I first saw you do it as you walked out your door.”

“Max, I wish I could but I can’t. Look, you don’t have to drive me home, I could get a cab—”

“Are you crazy?! There is no way that I’m gonna let you go home this late in a cab. It’s not safe.” Max stared at her. “Do you really want to go?”

“I…I don’t know.” Liz whispered.

“Then stay with me. We don’t have to do anything, we can just sit here and talk. I just want to spend more time with you.” Max said sincerely.

At that statement, Maria’s question in high school crashed in Liz’s mind like a tidal wave. ‘I might not have another chance. What have I got to lose? Well, my virginity for one thing but how many girls can say they lost their virginity to Max Evans…. Wait, I take that back, how many fans can say…. Scratch that. I’ve saved myself for him and this might be my one and only chance. This might be The Night.’ Liz sighed, ‘Forgive me Father for I’m about to sin.’

“Ok, I’ll stay.”

to be continued....
Last edited by kay_b on Tue Aug 24, 2004 9:26 am, edited 26 times in total.
kay_b
Addicted Roswellian

Post by kay_b »

Chapter 7

Max and Liz continued talking and getting to know each other’s likes and dislikes. They even talked of the littlest details and Max was finding himself falling deeper and deeper.

Liz’s eyes bore into his, memorizing how he looked, every feature, every crease, every expression on his face. She knew this was a night she will never forget and she was savoring each memory into heart.

“So, would you like a tour of the house?” Max asked.

“Sure.” Liz excited answered.

“Let’s go.” Max took Liz’s hand and led her to every room in the house, starting with the kitchen, dining, living room and den. He pointed to the doors on top of the stairs indicating 2 spare guestrooms and his master suite. Then they went to the entertainment area/game room where there was a pinball machine, a gigantic wide screen TV, the latest in high-tech entertainment, all the computer games you could imagine from PlayStaion2 to Sega, and a pool table.

“Do you know how to play?” Max asked.

“Not really.” Liz answered with a slight shake of the head.

“I could teach you.” Max whispered from where he was standing behind her.

“Uhh…ok.” Liz replied breathlessly.

Max got two cue sticks from the rack and handed one to Liz.

He also gathered the balls for a 9-ball game and set them up. He allowed Liz to break so he can see how good or bad she was at pool.

After a somewhat decent break, the game was on. But since Liz can’t sink a single ball in any pocket, Max decided to give her some pointers. Placing his cue stick on the side, he went to Liz.

“Here. This is how you hold it.” Max leaned on Liz’s back and his mind and body was reacting to hers.

Liz’s breathing hitched and she swallowed hard, trying to listen to what Max was teaching her and ignore how close his toned body was to hers.

As the lessons continued, she was able to sink one in the left corner pocket and looked back at Max with a huge smile on her face.

One look from her and Max couldn’t stop himself. He took Liz’s face in his hands and kissed her deeply.

Liz responded immediately as they began to nibble and suck on each other’s lips.

Max’s hands began roaming all over her body.

Slowly, Max was leaning over Liz as she began to lean backwards on the pool table.

Liz was playing with the hair on the back of Max’s head and it was driving him completely insane.

No words were spoken as their desires flared and they continued to kiss.

When they broke apart for air, Max was actually surprised that they were almost lying on the table. He pulled Liz up and caressed her face, brushing her swollen red lips with his thumb.

“I don’t want to force you to do something you don’t want to.” He said breathlessly. “Tell me if you want to stop.” He murmured as his kissed a trail from her jaw down to her neck and her bare shoulders.

“I won’t…I mean, I don’t want to stop.” Liz moaned.

“I can’t not kiss you.” Max mumbled against her soft smooth skin.

“Please, don’t stop.” Liz replied.

Max pulled away and that earned a whimper from Liz.

“Are you ok with this?” Max asked, his forehead touching hers.

Liz could only nod as she tried to catch her breath.

“C’mon.” Max took her hand and they headed up to his bedroom.

As soon as they reached the hallway up the stairs, Max started his attack once again.

They continued to kiss as he led her to his room. He fumbled with the door knob and even had to pull away to see what he was doing.

As he leaned to the doorway, Liz started her own assault on him by kissing his jaw.

Max felt his body tighten in response and he was seriously considering kicking the door in to open it as fast as he could.

Finally, he managed to open his door and took Liz in with him.

“You are so beautiful.” Max whispered as he slowly took off Liz’s gown leaving her in her black thong. He already had a feeling that she wasn’t wearing a bra since he has been touching her bare back at every chance he could get.

Liz in turn, helped Max out of his clothes and kissed every part that was being exposed to her.

Max made Liz sit down on his bed and kneeled before her. Never in his entire life and with the number of girls he has been with, has he ever seen anyone that completely took his breath away.

Very slowly and deliberately, he took off Liz’s high-heeled sandals and ran his large hand over her smooth creamy legs and thighs.

Liz was breathing hard. She couldn’t believe that this was really happening. She was wearing nothing but her underwear in Max Evans’ bedroom, sitting on Max Evans’ bed and Max Evans himself is kissing her thighs.

Liz slowly laid back and Max towered over her appreciating her svelte body in the moonlight.

Max hooked his thumbs to the waist of her panties and pulled them off leisurely. Max licked his lips as she was completely exposed to him.

Once she was in all of her naked glory, Liz scooted up the bed.

Max just looked at her as she was lying on the black satin sheets of his bed, all naked. He was etching this picture in his mind and a part of his body was getting so hard for her.

Like a panther stalking its prey, Max moved above her and stared. The tips of his fingers ran along her skin and he reveled in the moans and whispers he was eliciting from her.

Liz’s back arched off the bed and Max took that as an invitation and started kissing her breast. Starting with the right, he lowered his mouth and his kisses turned to nibbles, then to gentle sucking.

Not wanting to neglect the other, he took her nipple between his forefinger and thumb and rolled and pinched it lightly.

Liz gasped for air as the sensations was threatening to overwhelm her. She started to feel her stomach tightening and a growing ache between her legs. She began to rub her legs together to ease the pain but as she did this, she was brushing Max’s erection too and the hunger was rapidly growing inside them.

Max’s hands moved down to rub her outer thighs, willing her to stop her movements. Liz answered with another whimper.

“If you don’t stop that baby, this will be over soon. And we can’t have that. I want to see you come apart in my arms.” Max kept rubbing small circles on her thigh, his fingers moving inward.

Max never cared to bring his partner to ecstasy. He only took care of his own needs though he would sometimes allow the woman beneath him to enjoy it as he would bring her to climax. But this time, his only goal was to pleasure Liz. Even if it meant he wouldn’t be able to relieve himself.

The kissing continued after he made her nipples harden. One hand was holding her face as the other was creeping to her mound. He could feel the warmth and dampness coming from her and he smiled as he thought that she wanted him maybe as much as he did her.

He started rubbing her folds and Liz’s hips bucked up in response. Max inserted one finger and was surprised to find her so wet. In and out his finger went. She was so tight and Max couldn’t wait to be inside her.

As she felt Max’s finger go in, she gasped and bucked her hips to him for more. She grasped the back of his neck and brought his lips to hers for another searing kiss. Her hands weren’t idle as one was rubbing his muscled back and the other was moving inside his boxers.

When Max felt her grip on his cock, he hissed and pulled away slightly. He kissed her deeply and got off her to get a condom from his bathroom.

Liz was stunned when he moved away and figured she did something wrong. She got off the bed and was gathering her clothes and shoes quickly when Max came back.

When Max entered his bedroom, he dropped the packet in his hand and rushed to Liz.

“What’s wrong?” Max tilted his head down to look at her face.

Embarrassed, Liz bit her lower lip. “I know I’m not good at this. I mean…this is my first time and…and I’m sorry if I’m not as experienced—”

“What? No.” Max took her hands making her drop everything. “Look at me Liz.”

Liz lifted her head and Max saw her unshed tears that were threatening to spill.

Max looked for the condom and showed it to her. “I went to my bathroom to get this. I was hoping that we were going to go there…but now that you’ve just told me that this would have been your first time, I’m not so sure anymore.”

Liz nodded sadly, “You-you don’t want me.”

“Now where would you get that idea? Do you know what you do to me? You’re making me go out of my mind.”

“But?”

“But you’re too special for this. Your first time should be with someone you love. Not like this.” Max caressed her face once more.

“That’s just it. I’ve been in love with you for so long, I saved myself for you.” Liz whispered.

Max was stunned and when he didn’t move, Liz took it as a rejection. When she was about to pull away, Max pressed her tightly to him and kissed her passionately. He laid Liz back gently on his bed, her chocolate tresses fanning out on the pillow. They broke the kiss only so Max can put the condom on as Liz watched him intensely.

“Are you sure?” Max asked for the last time.

“Yes.”

Max positioned himself between her legs and pushed in slowly. Liz’s grip on his shoulders tightened as he went in inch by agonizing inch. When he reached her barrier, he stared in her eyes and pushed in. Liz gasped in pain and Max stayed still to allow her to adjust to him.

“I’m sorry.” Max whispered.

Liz shook her head and a tear slipped down her cheek.

Max kissed her lovingly and when Liz started kissing back, he opened his eyes to look at her. He found her staring back at him and she nodded slightly to indicate that she was ready.

Max started to move in and out of her very slowly. Even if he felt like dying at that moment, his only thought in mind is Liz.

Soon their pace increased. Max began to pump inside her and Liz sighed in pleasure. Max was bringing her to new heights that she has never known until now.

Max kept gazing at her as their rhythm rocked his bed. Liz’s nails were scraping his back but he didn’t notice.

They both felt that they were close to having a shared orgasm. Their moans and whimpers were growing louder. Liz’s mewling was driving him crazy. ‘Where has she been all my life?’ Max asked himself as he watched Liz’s expressions.

They were quickly climbing to their peak and Liz had her eyes closed as she started writhing.

“Open your eyes for me Liz. Let me see you.” Max urged her.

Liz was using a lot of effort to open her eyes and once she did, their eyes locked on each other and Liz came hard.

She was thrashing on the bed and her nails dug into his skin. Max wasn’t far behind. As soon as he felt her warm juices drowning his cock, he exploded inside her.

As Liz slept the night away, Max watched her silently. He noted every inch of skin that lay before him. He was happy he got to sleep with her. Immediately, a plan was brewing in his mind. Now, he only had to run it by Isabel and he will be on his way to becoming more popular than ever.

The next morning, Liz was feeling the sheets with her palm. ‘When did I get satin sheets?’ Then she realized that her entire body could feel the smoothness and her eyelids flew open in shock.

She tried to recall everything that happened last night and she remembered Max. ‘Ohmygod, I had sex with Max Evans!’

She sat up slowly, clutching the blanket tight to her chest. She looked around and found herself alone in the bedroom. As she was about to get off the bed, clutching the blanket around her naked body, the door suddenly opened.

“Hey, where are you going?” Max asked as he carried a tray of full of food into his room.

“Uh…” Liz was stunned. It seemed as if the implications of everything that happened last night slammed full force into her mind.

“I made you breakfast. I was actually going to surprise you but I didn’t know what you wanted so I got here a little of everything, pancakes, muffins, eggs, bacon, sausages, coffee, tea—”

“Coffee would be great.” Liz cut him off as she sat back down on the bed, making sure that the blanket was tightly wound around her.

“That’s all you’re having?” Max asked as he prepared a warm cup.

“Um, I’m not really hungry.” Liz bit her lip.

Max studied her carefully. He walked closer to her and sat beside her, handing her the freshly brewed coffee.

“Thanks.” Liz took a sip.

“Are you nervous?” Max questioned.

Liz shook her head.

“You are.” Max smirked. “C’mon Liz, you can’t possibly be nervous around me after everything that happened last night.”

Liz blushed in embarrassment.

Max took the cup away from her, setting it down on the night table. Then he took her hands and kissed them.

“I know what last night meant. And I know this may sound like I’m being too fast but I want to see where this takes us.” Max said sincerely.

“You…you want us…to date?” Liz blinked twice.

“Is that so hard to believe?” Max chuckled.

“Y-you’re Max Evans.”

“And you’re Liz Parker.”

Liz shook her head, “No, I mean, you’re famous. Why would you want to date someone like me?”

“Why not? You’re beautiful and smart and you fit perfectly with me.” Max murmured as he started to kiss her.

Liz pulled back, “I thought last night was just…that…one night.”

Max looked taken aback. “Wait, you would give away your virginity on a one night stand?”

“No, that’s not what I meant.”

“Then what did you mean?”

“Last night…I would never forget it. And today…I’m just…me…a nobody.”

“Just because I’m famous, that shouldn’t stop us from seeing each other. Don’t you want me?”

“Of course I do!” Liz was shocked by her outburst. “I…I mean, who wouldn’t.”

“Then it’s settled. We both want each other and we’re going to start dating.” Max took her in his arms.

And before Liz could protest any more, the lustful haziness engulfed her as Max began to kiss her again.

to be continued....
kay_b
Addicted Roswellian

Post by kay_b »

A/N: Thanks to those who have started reading this. I know that I take pride in putting in as many twists as I could to keep you on your toes. Unfortunately, I think this will be very predictable. In fact, one FB already got it and it’s only the beginning. Well, I do hope you keep reading this anyway.

I know this is kinda short but I felt that it was enough...for now.

~*~*~*~*~

Chapter 8

After Max dropped Liz off at her house, he drove straight to Isabel’s building.

“Good morning, Mr. Evans.” Isabel’s secretary greeted him.

“Hey, is Isabel in?”

“Yes sir, just go right on in.”

“Thanks.” Max gave the woman a playful wink before disappearing into Isabel’s office.

Isabel was on the phone and didn’t notice Max come in until he was standing right in front of her.

“Hey Max.” Isabel gave him a quick nod in acknowledgement. Then she did a double take, slamming the phone down as well.

“Max! What the hell are you doing here?! You’re supposed to be in New York!”

“I know but I decided to do a few things first.” Max took a magazine and scanned through the pages.

Isabel swiped the magazine abruptly, “Max, the producers are going to kill you!”

“No they won’t. They need me.”

“Don’t be so smug, little brother. You can easily be replaced.”

“I don’t think so. Otherwise, they wouldn’t have paid me millions to be in that movie.”

Isabel sighed in exasperation, “Max, just because you think that they paid you a huge load of money, that doesn’t mean you’re indispensable. There are other stars out there that could take your spot.”

“Then they would have hired those ‘other stars’ in the first place. But they didn’t now, did they?”

Isabel narrowed her eyes as she stared at her twin. “What did you do?”

“What makes you think I did anything?” Max asked with a smirk.

“Then why can’t you wipe that stupid grin off your face?”

“Tsk, tsk, why are you so grouchy? Is it that time of the month?”

“No, and that is none of your business. Now why don’t you just spill out whatever it is you came here for and get on the next fucking plane out of here!”

“No can do.” Max shook his head.

Isabel just stood there, gaping at her brother.

“You have something up your sleeve.” Isabel said as she started to get nervous over the look Max had. Never had she seen him this way before and she knew it would mean trouble.

“Well, actually this was your idea. I’m just going along for the ride.”

“What are you talking about?”

“The Blind Date. I have to admit, you chose perfectly. Liz is one exquisite beauty.”

As she studied Max, she saw the glint in his eyes and got even more worried. She knew what it meant even if he didn’t say it out loud.

“You slept with her.” It came out as a statement more than a question.

“Yup, and it was so fucking sweet.” Max wetted his lips.

“You pig! You weren’t supposed to fuck her! It was just a date!”

“Well you know how all my dates end. You really shouldn’t have made me do it if you were worried about that. And I have you to thank for a wonderful night.”

“Max.” Isabel spoke through gritted teeth.

“What? We had fun.”

“And?”

“And…I’ve decided to keep her.”

“What do you mean keep her? She’s not a puppy.”

“No, Liz is definitely not that. She’s going to be my new girlfriend.”

“Another one? Among all the others?” Isabel said sarcastically.

“Tell me this sis, did you or did you not notice how well the press accepted her?”

“Yes…I did.” Isabel replied warily.

“Well, you’re the one who keeps telling me I need to change my image.”

“So? What does this girl have anything to do with it?”

“Iz, if I keep Liz, this sweet little girl, as my girlfriend, wine her, dine her and show her how sweet and romantic I could be, people will see that I’m not the playboy they think I am anymore.”

“What’s the catch?”

Max laughed, “I really can’t pull a fast one on you can I? Ok, while I’m dating Liz in public, creating the image that you wanted for me, I can keep enjoying my uh…lifestyle in private.”

“You mean you’re going to cheat on her?”

“Cheating is such a nasty word.”

“That’s because it is! Max, you can’t do this! Are you even hearing yourself?! You’re going to break that young woman’s heart all because of your selfishness! No, I won’t allow it.”

“Allow? I’m not asking for your permission, Isabel.”

“Then why did you come here to tell me about this stupid plan of yours anyway?”

“I knew you might not approve although I was hoping for a more favorable response. But since it didn’t work out that way, I just want to warn you. Stay out of it.” Max stood face to face with his twin, openly glaring at her. “Whatever happens between me and Liz, stay out of my way. You are NOT going to ruin my plans.” With that, Max stalked out of the room, slamming the door behind him.

Isabel sighed, ‘I sure hope this Liz would not agree to whatever Max has in mind…for her sake.’ she thought solemnly as she was left standing alone.

to be continued....
kay_b
Addicted Roswellian

Post by kay_b »

A/N: I am so happy you’re liking the fic (and hating Max because of it). I’m telling you, there’s loads more to come. I don’t know if I could even come up with an explanation for his behavior other than the fact that he just is that way. No, he wasn’t burned by a past lover, he’s just a player. I actually do have a dialogue running in my head where Max explains his actions and you will NOT like it. Trust me. But please, rest assured that this has Dreamer Insurance as all my other fics. My only problem is, I might be digging up a grave for Max that’s too deep and he can’t climb out of it. But maybe I’ll still be able to make you change your minds about him in the end…I hope (gulp).

extingman: As always, I do love your FB. Having you hate Max was actually my goal for this story. But please don’t get me wrong, I do LOVE Jason Behr. Have you seen his newest pics? How that guy can get anymore gorgeous is beyond me. And I absolutely adore him for it. Ok, going back to the fic. The stint with Liz is actually the first time he thought of this. As for the other girl, he wasn’t thinking about using her for his image, he was simply having sex with her to put it bluntly. And Max wasn’t thinking about Isabel in the middle of his and Liz’s love making! Please, that puts so many bad images in my head, not just because Max and Isabel are siblings but it’s Jason and Heigl together. I’m sorry for the Katie lovers out there, I like her when it’s JUST her. I mean, for crying out loud, we have the same first name. But I can't like her when she's with Jason. I’m sorry. Although I have to admit, right now my mind is on the hunky stars of Troy, not JB.

RebeccaBehrEvans and Milla: Thank you both so much. Words can’t express how I feel. Thank you.

*If you haven't seen the new pics of Jason on http://www.jason-behr.com, please do so and let me know...WHAT THAT $%@# RING ON HIS FINGER MEANS?! I've been dying to know for days now!

**Ok, I'm probably overreacting cause he's wearing the ring on his right hand, but my boss wears his wedding ring on his right too. And another Roswellian told me that Jason has been wearing it forever but I haven't seen that ring in other pics. I don't know what to think anymore.

Let me know your take on this.

~*~*~*~*~

Chapter 9

Max drove aimlessly after that confrontation with Isabel. He didn’t know where to go. He was supposed to be in New York by now but due to the change of plans, he’s still in the sunny West Coast.

‘I wonder how Liz is.’ Max decided to drop by Liz’s house again.

“Yeah?” Michael opened the door.

Max was taken aback after the door swung open to reveal a huge guy only wearing a pair of slacks. ‘No, Liz said she lives with her best friends. Besides, if she had a boyfriend, she wouldn’t have gone to bed with me.’

“Uh…hi, is Liz Parker here?”

“Nope, she’s at work. Who wants to know?” Michael replied gruffly.

“Oh, sorry. Max Evans” Max stretched out his arm to offer a hand.

Michael just looked at him from head to toe then stared at his hand. However, he didn’t shake it. “She’s at Whitman Technologies. You can go look for her there.”

Before Max could even say anything, Michael shut the door at his face.

“Thanks.” Max muttered.

Max turned around to head for his car but he stopped in his tracks as the information sunk in.

‘Whitman Technologies?’ Max slapped his forehead and shook his head.

“This just keeps getting better and better.” he said with a groan.

Max walked in the hallways of Whitman Technologies, heading for his best friend’s office. Once he got there, he took a deep breath before knocking. But before his knuckles even touched the door, it flew open, revealing a surprised Alex Whitman.

“Max!”

“Hey Alex.”

“Hey, what brings you here?” Alex asked.

“Oh, um…I’m looking for one of your employees but I don’t know what department she’s in.”

“She?” Alex questioned with a raised brow.

“Yeah.”

“Is ‘she’ your new addition to the list?”

“Please, don’t you start too.”

“Isabel already lectured you didn’t she?” Alex and Max began to walk down the corridor.

“No.”

“No?” Alex was stunned.

“We fought.”

“Aahhh. So, who is this ‘she’ we’re looking for?”

“Her name is Liz Parker.” Max said with a smile.

Alex stopped in his tracks. “Liz? Elizabeth Parker? That Liz?”

“Yeah…” Max responded warily.

“Max, Liz is one of my top scientists if not the best.”

“So?”

“Max, you and I have known each other for a long time now. If you do anything to harm her or break her heart, her work will suffer and I won’t tolerate that. It won’t be her fault but yours.”

“C’mon Alex. It’s just a little fun.”

“Max, Liz is a great girl with a bright future ahead of her. I’m not going to get involved in whatever it is you’re planning to do but I’m warning you right here and now.”

Max was getting seriously pissed at his friend’s attitude. “Look here Alex, I’m going to do whatever I want. And no one, not you, not Isabel, can stop me.”

And with those words, he walked away from Alex.

Max was still fuming as he headed for the exit. Good thing he was able to stop just in time before he ran smack dab against one of the employees.

“Oh my goodness, I am so sorry. I wasn’t looking—”

“Liz.” Max said her name so reverently.

“Max. What…what are you doing here?”

Max grinned over her dumfounded look. “I was actually looking for you.”

“F-for me? Why?”

“Well, I wanted to take my girlfriend out to lunch.”

“Wait…girlfriend?”

“Yeah, we are in a relationship already aren’t we? I mean, after our night of lovemaking, I assumed…”

“Oh.” Liz blushed extremely.

Max couldn’t help himself and leaned in to kiss her deeply. “You are so adorable when you do that.”

“Hey Liz, do you ha—. Oops, sorry, I didn’t mean to interrupt.” Kyle spoke.

“Um, it’s ok. Uh, Max, this is Kyle Valenti, he’s my teammate.”

Max was quickly on full alert. He didn’t know this person and he was a little suspicious of him and how far the term ‘teammate’ meant.

“Hey.” Max greeted briefly.

“Kyle, what’s taking— oh my God, you’re Max Evans!” Tess squealed.

“Guilty.” Max beamed.

“Oh wow, it’s such a pleasure to meet you.” Tess started to babble.

“Likewise.” Max gave a quick nod then swiftly turned back to Liz. “So Liz, lunch?”

“Ummm…” Liz bit her bottom lip.

“Oh go on Liz. We can manage without you. Matter of fact, why don’t you take the day off.” Tess urged while brandishing a wide smirk.

Then she quickly nudged her fiancé.

“Ow…oh yeah, sure. Go ahead Liz. We’ll be fine.” Kyle added.

“But what about the experiments?” Liz asked.

“Done.” Kyle and Tess answered at the same time.

“And the reports?”

“Already written.” Tess nodded.

“See, it’s settled. C’mon.” Max took Liz’s arm and practically dragged her out of the office.

Just as Tess and Kyle were heading back to their lab, Alex stopped them.

“Hey, have you seen Liz?” he asked.

“She just left.” Kyle answered.

“Left?”

“Yeah, with Max Evans!” Tess exclaimed. “They look so good together, don’t you think, Kyle?”

“How should I know?!” Kyle cringed.

“Oh, men.” Tess muttered.

“Wait, she went with Max Evans?” Alex prodded.

“Yup, they just left a couple of minutes ago.” Kyle informed him.

Alex didn’t even wait for Kyle to finish his sentence. He quickly went back to his office and dialed his fiancée’s number.

Max drove him and Liz to Tabasco. And as he took the steering wheel with one hand, the other was laced with Liz’s.

“You never told me you worked at Whitman Technologies.” Max began.

“I don’t think we ever got to talk about that last night.” Liz spoke.

“True.” Max raised his hand that held Liz’s and kissed her knuckles lightly.

Liz just blushed at the affectionate touch.

“We’re here.” Max announced as he stopped the car.

They both stepped out of the Ferrari and Liz found herself on the front doors of Tabasco.

“So you really like this place huh?” Liz asked.

“What can I say? Both my sister and I love it here.”

“Good to know. I’ll tell my friends that they have two more fans.” Liz smiled.

She and Max were immediately seated but it wasn’t because Max was famous. The reason was that the waitress knew Liz.

As soon as they gave their orders, Maria went out of the kitchen to talk to her friend. Liz wasn’t home yet when Maria was supposed to leave for work so she wasn’t able to press her for details. But now that’s she’s here, she wasn’t going to let Liz get away that easily.

Maria determinedly walked to where her friend was, but she didn’t notice the person sitting beside Liz.

“Lizzie, one of the staff told me you—” Maria stared at Liz’s companion.

“OHMYGOD!” Maria shrieked.

Lizzie quickly stood up and clamped her hand over Maria’s mouth. She slowly pulled the two of them down to sit.

“Don’t scream ok?” Liz pleaded.

Maria nodded but her eyes kept going from Liz to Max and back again.

Liz slowly dropped her hand. “Maria this is Max. Max, this is one of my best friends, Maria Deluca.”

“Nice to meet you.” Max grinned and gave her a slight nod.

“Uh, nice to meet you too.” Maria said. “I don’t want to sound rude but I thought the date ended last night?”

“Yeah, well…I have to say, Liz enchanted me.” Max gave Liz a loving stare.

Liz blushed and ducked her head, staring at her and Max’s entwined hands.

This didn’t escape Maria’s notice. “Are you two together now?”

Liz quickly looked up, “Maria!”

Max chuckled a little, “Well that depends on Liz here.”

“What?” Liz quickly turned her head to face Max.

“I know it seems soon and that we don’t really know each other that well yet. But I want to get to know you. And I want to see where this all leads. You’ve captured me, Liz.” Max said so sincerely.

Maria felt like she was intruding on something private. She quickly excused herself and rushed back into the kitchen.

“What are you doing, Max?”

“What does it look like I’m doing?”

Liz shook her head, “I don’t know.”

“Ok…I want us to be together, Liz. I want us to have a relationship.” Max laid it out in the open.

“Me? You want me to be your girlfriend?”

“Yes.”

Liz just stared back into his eyes, her big brown orbs full of emotion. And with one heart-stopping kiss, Max got his answer.

to be continued....
kay_b
Addicted Roswellian

Post by kay_b »

A/N: You know, all your feedbacks have left me wanting to throw you all a bone and let you know what the chapters have in store. But it will ruin the surprise. Let me just say that I think, this will be very predictable and leave it at that.

It’s too early to have seen some Michael comments but you’re right. Both Michaels in the two fics are the same when it comes to protecting Liz. Yes, he may go to extremes if provoked, like last time.

About Max…this is actually what the first Max was supposed to be like. Only, I don’t think I did a good job in letting that show. Anyway, both Maxs are the same before they met Liz. However, Liz’s impact had different effects. And thus I came up with this alternative.

Again, thanks for your comments. However, it's making me think that you may not want to read this anymore due to the reactions I've been reading. Now, let me just warn you. The next part may cause some stones being thrown at me but please bear in mind that I am a total Dreamer. I don't mean to sound harsh or anything, I just want to know if you are still interested to read this. Otherwise, I can abandon this one and just start on the next fic in line.

Please let me know. Thanks.

~*~*~*~*~

Chapter 10

In a span of one week, Max and Liz had gone on several dates. Since Max could no longer postpone his trip to New York, he wanted to spend as much time with Liz out in the public as he could.

Actually, word has spread fast after that kiss in Tabasco. The press now knows about Max and his new girlfriend that he ‘seems’ to be so smitten with. Photos have been splashed all over the tabloids and the entertainment pages of newspapers and magazines everywhere. It was only a matter of time before they find out Liz’s identity.

Unfortunately, Max could not hold off his trip anymore. Isabel has been pestering him to go since she’s been getting calls from the director and the producers every single day that Max is not on the set.

On the day that Max was to go to New York, he insisted that Liz should see him off at the airport. Liz didn’t have the heart to deny his request.

“I’m going to miss you so much. You know that, right?” Max caressed her cheek.

Liz leaned her head to Max’s palm. “I’m going to miss you too.”

“I’ll call you every chance I get, ok? And I’ll come home on the weekends.”

“Max, that’s too expensive.”

“So? Money is not a subject when it comes to you.”

“Max.”

“I’ll always think of you. Promise me you’ll take care of yourself ok?”

“I will.”

“I have to go. I’ll call you as soon as I get there.” Max pulled Liz closer and kissed her passionately. Their kiss was so heated that the people around them began to take notice. Once the need for air increased, the couple pulled apart.

“Take care.” Max kissed her forehead.

“You too. Have a safe flight.”

“I’ll see you soon.” Max waved as he walked to the terminal gates.

Liz watched him until he rounded the corner and started walking back to the parking lot. However, as soon as the doors opened, cameras flashed as paparazzi began to take pictures of Max Evans’ new love interest.

It was already late at night when Max got to register in his hotel room. The director wanted him to work immediately since he has already delayed the entire crew for a whole week. So instead of heading to the hotel first, he went straight to the film site.

He wanted to go to a club to unwind a little but he was just too exhausted. He had called Liz as soon as the plane landed and she told him about the incident she encountered when she left the airport.

The press was already on to her and Max couldn’t help but grin. Everything is already working as he had hoped. He knew that the press has probably done a background check on her. And as far as he knew, Liz Parker was the perfect woman; a dutiful daughter, a great friend, bright, smart, pretty, oh-so-sexy and heaven in bed.

He told her that he will take care of it. He actually was pretty considerate since he did call Isabel and asked her to help Liz with the predicament. However, he also told Isabel not to overdo it since he will agree to an interview as soon as he gets back.

But the thing is; the reason he didn’t want Isabel to stop it completely was because he knew that it was helping his career. When he got to New York, reporters and photographers were hounding him too for information about his girlfriend.

As his thoughts about his plans went on, there was a knock on his door.

“Come in.” Max was now just wearing his boxers and settled himself on the bed.

A woman walked in with a seductive smile. She was wearing a light brown coat that reached mid-thigh and matching high-heeled boots.

“Hey.” The redhead spoke.

“Hey.” Max grinned.

The woman walked closer. “I’ve missed you.” She ran her fingers through his hair.

“Mmmm”

She smiled and Max quickly pulled her down for a kiss.

The two went on to deepen the kiss, their tongues dueling with each other.

“Oh Max...”

Max started undressing her. Then his lips started caressing her skin.

“Vicky…”

Before long, Max was already pumping inside her.

“Yes, oh yeah.” Max was being urged on by Vicky’s moans.

“Oh how I’ve missed this. Fucking you like this.” Vicky was the one who kept talking, Max never uttered a word.

They were having sex, nothing more, nothing less. The two bodies were slamming on to each other at a frantic pace. Once Max climaxed, Vicky knew it was over.

Max rolled off of her and collapsed on the bed. “That was great, hun.”

“That’s it? That’s all you have to say?” Vicky asked angrily as she sat up. She didn’t even bother to cover her bare breasts.

“What else is there?’’

“How about the fact that you were supposed to be here last week?”

“I was late, so?”

“So? So? Max, I was waiting for you! You didn’t even call!”

As soon as Vicky heard herself, she knew it was a mistake.

Max quickly got off the bed and started collecting her clothes.

“What are you doing?” Vicky shrieked.

“This is over.”

“What? Max, no. I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to be so upset—”

Max dropped everything and went to Vicky’s side. He gripped her jaw with one hand and made her look up at him as he towered over her.

“You listen here. You’re not supposed to be upset because you are nothing to me. I don’t have to tell you what goes on in my life. You’re not even my girlfriend.” Max spoke menacingly.

Vicky knew she was losing the battle but she was not going to go down without fighting for him.

“Is ‘she’ the reason why you postponed your trip? Everyone was waiting for you. I’m your fucking leading lady. The least you could have done was to inform me of your plans!”

“Exactly, you’re just my fucking lady. And now, you’re not.” He dragged her out of the bed and picked up her clothes once more, shoving them in her arms.

“Max, no! Ok, I’m sorry, I was just a little jealous.” Vicky pleaded with him, rubbing her naked body on his.

Max pushed her away in disgust. “It’s over.”

“You can’t mean that. I’ve fallen for you Max. Please, you can’t end this!” Vicky started to cry.

Max chuckled, “There’s nothing to end because we didn’t even start anything! Get this in your thick head Delaney, we were never a couple. We were just two actors who fuck each other whenever I felt like it. That’s all! Now get out!”

Vicky quickly dressed and rushed out of the room in tears.

And as for Max, he didn’t even regret one minute of the argument. He quickly went to the shower to wash away the grime he felt after the fuck session he had with that woman.

After he got out of the bathroom wearing nothing but a towel wrapped on the lower part of his body, he dialed the phone unconsciously. He didn’t even know who or why he was calling until he heard her voice.

“Hello?”

“Liz?” Max was caught unaware when he heard Liz’s voice over the line.

“Max?”

“Hey.” Max sat down on the bed.

“Hey. How come you’re still awake? I thought you were tired.”

“Yeah, but I was thinking about you.”

“I was thinking about you too.” Liz was smiling.

“Really?”

“Uh huh.” Liz spoke quietly.

“Tell me.”

“Tell you what?”

“The thoughts that were running in your head.”

“Um, I was just wondering what you were doing, if you were dreaming and what your dreams were about.”

“Hmm, do you really want to know?”

“Yes.”

“Well, I was in the shower and I was dreaming about you being in there with me and we were naked and I was washing your hair and then we started rubbing, caressing, fondling—”

“Ok, ok. I get it.” Liz swiftly cut him in mid-sentence.

Max couldn’t help but laugh, “You’re blushing aren’t you?” He could just picture what she looked like as if she was sitting right next to him.

“Yes.” Liz whispered as she cupped her warm cheek with her free hand.

“I wish you were here right now.” Max said suddenly, surprising even himself.

He didn’t even know where that came from. He was sure that it hadn’t come from him because if Liz was with him in the Big Apple, he wouldn’t be able to play around. And to top it off, he already lost one girl from his list.

“It’s just 5 more days till we see each other again.” Liz sidetracked.

“Yeah. Well, I know you need your sleep. I’ll talk to you again tomorrow.” Max wanted to end the call before he said something else.

“Ok. Take care and goodnight.”

“Sweet dreams, Lizzie.”

“You too, Max.”

to be continued....
kay_b
Addicted Roswellian

Post by kay_b »

A/N: I know you all probably thought I did abandon this because it took me this long to release the next part. I was just so swamped with work that when I come home, I could almost pass out on my bed. Now with this chapter, it’s kinda sucky to me. I’m sorry if I can’t deliver the same quality as I used to with Blindsided. But I promise to do better. I have to because you all deserve it. The reason I came up with this is for all my readers who have stuck by me through my stories. Thank you.

RebeccaBehrEvans: Thanks for the FB

extingman: Again, your Fb has left me speechless. And as always, you have pointed out a lot of good things. As for your questions…

BehrLuver04: Max didn’t realize he was calling Liz until she spoke and he heard her voice.

frenchkiss: I’m not offended. I just didn’t know if it was getting too much for you guys and that’s why I asked if you all wanted to see this through the end.

begonia9508: Oh wow, are you a Beckham fan too? I loved that guy before he got involved with Victoria, and the hair, and the clothes, and the cheating…

Itzstacie: I don’t know why I write Max this way. My fics always had a life of their own. But my next fic will have a totally different Max, promise.

LittleHottie510: LOL, thanks for the FB.

Everyone: Now that you’ve all said that you want to see this story all the way, first, I want to say thank you so much. And second, hang on tight for more.

~*~*~*~*~

Chapter 11

As filming continued in New York, Max would come home only during the weekends, always taking a Friday night flight or whenever he could catch the earliest flight back to California. And during those days that he has in L.A., they are mostly spent with Liz, especially those weekend nights. Max almost never leaves Liz’s side and the press loves every photo op they could get from the beautiful couple.

However, since Isabel is still very much against Max’s relationship with Liz, she makes it a mission to trap him in his own game. During one of the Evans’ family luncheon, Isabel made Max’s girlfriend the center of their discussion.

“So Mom, what do you think of Max’s girlfriend? You know, the one who’s been all over the papers lately.” Isabel just asked out of the blue.

Max almost choked as he took a spoonful. After he drank a sip of water, he glared at his sister.

“Oh that’s right, I’ve been meaning to ask you to invite her over, Max.” Diane smiled.

Isabel gave her brother a menacing smirk. This was not lost on Karen and Andrew as they watched their twin siblings have a silent battle without arousing their parents’ attention.

“That’s great Mom. I’ll ask Liz next weekend.” Max said with a grin.

“Wonderful. She is very pretty, Max.” Philip spoke.

“I know.” Max smiled softly.

Isabel was slightly taken aback by that look on her brother as he continued to describe Liz to their parents. She couldn’t tell if it was all an act or if this was really a side of him that she has never seen before.

“…and smart too. She’s actually working for Whitman Technologies. Alex told me that she’s one of their best scientists.” Max went on.

“Now I really can’t wait to meet this young woman of yours.” Diane beamed.

The following weekend, Max picked up Liz from her house and brought her with him to his parents’ home.

“Liz, it’s so good to finally meet you.” Diane welcomed her.

“Thank you so much for inviting me, Mrs. Evans.” Liz smiled.

“Oh please, call me Diane. Mrs. Evans is my mother-in-law.” Diane laughed.

Max just rolled his eyes at his mom’s attempt at making a joke.

“Philip, Max and Liz are here.” Diane led the two to the dining room where Karen was helping with setting the table and Andrew was sitting at the bar.

“Hi. I’m Karen and this is our eldest brother, Andrew.” Karen introduced herself as she walked to Liz.

“Hi, I’m Liz.” Liz smiled. “Um, can I help with anything?”

“Oh no, you’re our guest. Just take a seat and Philip will be serving the food shortly. He’s manning the grill out in the yard. I’ll just go see what’s taking him so long.” Diane went out leaving Karen and Liz to talk.

Max walked over to Andrew who was quietly observing everything.

“So, what do you think?” Max asked with a sneer.

“Iz told me what you’re up to.” Andrew told him matter-of-factly.

At that, Max lost his smile and got angry at Isabel for squealing, and at Andrew for being a threat. He pulled Andrew into the next room.

“Stay out of this. I won’t let you ruin this for me.” Max hissed.

“What the hell do you think you’re doing?! First you go off fucking anyone wearing a skirt and now you’re fooling this woman into thinking you’re in love with her, JUST so you can create a better image for your career!”

“I can do whatever I want. It’s my life!”

“No, it’s hers! You’re going to ruin her, don’t you know that?! Or are you using your other head to think with?” Andrew sneered.

“Max?”

Max quickly turned around upon hearing his name called.

“Liz.”

“What’s going on?” Liz was confused.

“Nothing. How long have you been standing there?” Max was a little nervous.

“Not long, your mother asked me to look for you and Andrew.” Liz informed them.

“Well come on, Liz. You have to taste my dad’s cooking. It’s great.” Andrew took Liz’s arm and looped it around his. The he whispered conspiratorially, “This didn’t come from me but he’s a better cook than my mom.”

Liz giggled as she was led away from Max, completely oblivious to what she walked in on.

Max just breathed a sigh of relief. ‘That was too close.’ he thought.

Lunch with the Evans went on without a hitch. Max was paying so much attention to Liz and taking care of her every need that he didn’t notice his family watching them.

Once filming in NY was done, Max came home to find a sick Liz.

“Hey Michael.” Max greeted as he entered Liz’s house.

“Hey.”

“Um, is Liz here?” Ever since Liz introduced Max to her friends, Max had always felt uncomfortable around this guy.

“She’s in her room. She’s down with the flu I think.”

“She’s sick?” Max asked with wide eyes.

“Duh, isn’t that what I just said?”

As soon as those words left Michael’s mouth, his head received a good slap from his girlfriend.

“Watch your mouth Michael, Max was only concerned about Liz.” Maria said.

“Hey Maria. Is it ok if I go up to Liz’s room?”

“Sure. Oh and while you’re at it, bring this tray to her. It’s chicken soup and some aspirin for her headache.” Maria handed the tray to Max.

“No problem.” Max gratefully accepted the tray and went up the stairs as quickly as he could.

He gently knocked on the door and pushed it open. What he found melted his heart.

Liz was sleeping on her side, her chestnut hair fanned on the pillow. On her nightstand was some balled up tissues and a pitcher and a glass half filled with water.

He places the tray on her study table. Then uncharacteristically, he went about tidying up her room and making sure that Liz was comfortable. Once he was done with that, he sat on the side of her bed and tenderly stroked her cheek.

Liz’s eyelids fluttered and opened slowly. She smiled as Max’s face came into focus, but that soon changed as she realized her condition.

“Oh my God, Max! What are you doing here?” Liz quickly sat up and pulled the covers to her chest.

“My movie is done.” Max chuckled.

“But why didn’t you tell me? I’m a mess and I could have picked you up or something—”

“How could you have done that when you’re sick? Besides, you’re still beautiful even when you’re ill.”

Liz blushed, embarrassed.

“Aww, my cute baby.” Max moved forward, leaning in close to kiss her.

But Liz pulled back, “No.”

Max was shocked, “No?”

“We can’t. Not now, I’m sick, I’m contagious.”

Max laughed. “It’s just the flu Liz. I think I’ll live even if I catch the illness from you. Now just lay back and let me take care of you.”

Max went to fluff up her pillows so she could be comfortable while sitting up. Then he took the bowl of soup and started feeding Liz.

“You’re spoiling me.” Liz commented.

“Yup.”

“I could get used to this.”

“Good, I plan on doing this for a long time.” Max couldn’t resist anymore and leaned in to kiss Liz.

He has missed this while he was in New York, despite a couple of women he bedded while he was there. The taste of Liz always hovered in his mind and his senses. Even when there was some other woman on top of him, Liz’s face was the only one he could picture and though he didn’t want to admit it, he was scared of what it could all mean.

to be continued....
kay_b
Addicted Roswellian

Post by kay_b »

A/N: Hi everyone. As cruel as this sounds, I'm actually smiling due to your comments. Not because they're harsh towards max but because you're all actually so mad at him. I don't know what it is with the Maxes in my fics but have you noticed how he always starts out to be the selfish jerk? But with this one, I think I may have gone too far, what do you think?

max 'n' liz 4 eva: I don't mind that you haven't left FB. You should focus on school first. But since you left FB anyway, thanks so much. I think this was the first time that you just lashed out without any deep, profound words to ponder. I don't mind, I actually loved it that I was able to bring out these emotions from everyone.

Ok, I don't think I did the next part well. I don't know what's wrong but I know that the quality of my fics are getting worse. Can I request for constructive FB that would help my writing? Bad or good, I'll take everything into consideration. After that, you can go back to bashing Max. =)

~*~*~*~*~

Chapter 12

Liz’s illness continued and Max was already pleading with her to go to the doctor.

“Look, I’ll even go with you if you’re scared.” Max said.

“I’m not scared.”

“Then why don’t you want to see a doctor?” Max was exasperated.

“Because I don’t think it’s anything serious.” Liz answered back.

“This flu has been going on for a week now.”

“I’ve had the flu before and they have lasted this long.”

“The week-long flu is supposed to have died down after one week. You’re nearing a week and a half now.”

“Max, I’m telling you. I don’t need to go to the doctor.”

For God’s sake, Liz! Just go already!” Maria yelled as she burst into Liz’s bedroom.

Liz winced, “Were we that loud?”

Maria just nodded with wide eyes.

“Sorry.” This came from Max.

“Ok, if it’ll make you happy, I’ll go…tomorrow.” Liz pouted.

“Don’t pout, baby. I’ll make the appointment and I’ll even go with you.” Max caressed her face.

“Ok.”

Max got the number of his doctor from his mobile and quickly made an appointment for Liz. Although he was worried about her health, he was also thinking that the sooner Liz gets better, the sooner he can take her out again.

As Max and Liz neared the hospital, Liz was starting to squirm in her seat. She hated hospitals. That was the reason she didn’t want to go. The last time she went to one was back in Roswell, where her grandmother died of cancer. And she hasn’t stepped foot in one since.

Liz was thoroughly checked by the doctor as per Max’s orders. He stayed with her all through the exam, sensing her anxiety. Liz told him why she was so hesitant about going to the hospital and as she was done with her story about her beloved grandmother, tears filled her eyes.

Max held her close and let her cry on his chest. He could feel the anguish pouring off her in waves as his own need to protect her began to overwhelm him.

“Ms. Elizabeth Parker?” A nurse approached them. “The doctor will see you now.”

“Thank you.” Liz wiped away her tears.

“Let’s go.” Max took her hand and walked back in the doctor’s office with Liz right behind him.

“Ah, Ms. Parker, the test results are back and the only thing we found was that you do have a severe case of the flu. Has this ever happened before?”

“No.” Liz shook her head.

“Well, it’s nothing to worry about. I’ll just have to prescribe a stronger dose of medicine and lots of vitamins and fluids and plenty of rest.”

Liz nodded.

“Don’t worry doc, I’ll make sure she does all that.” Max said.

“But what about my work?” Liz fretted.

“Don’t you worry about it, I’ll talk to Alex. It’ll be ok.” Max assured her.

“Alright then, I’ll just write out a prescription for you and you can go back home to rest.” the doctor informed her as he walked back to his desk for his prescription pad.

“Here you go.” The doctor handed Liz the piece of paper but Max took it instead.

“Thanks doc. I’ll see that she takes this.” Max smiled and led Liz out.

Over the next few days, Max almost stayed at Maria and Michael’s house to take care of Liz. Since he wasn’t doing anything, no movies, no interviews, he stayed at their home all day and all night. Liz was already feeling up to it but Max still wouldn’t let her go to work in fear that she may have a relapse.

But Liz wouldn’t have it. She kept trying to persuade Max to allow her to go back to work. And her form of ‘persuasion’ was one that Max loved. In fact, the more he didn’t allow her so Liz could keep trying to ‘sway’ him to agree with her.

The two kept on making love almost every night.

Eventually Liz did get better and life returned to normal. At least the way her life has changed so drastically after becoming Max’s girlfriend is now her normalcy.

A couple months later, Liz was back in the hospital. This time she was complaining of headaches and nausea. Max was worried that it might be something that had aggravated from her previous illness. The doctor said she was ok aside from the flu, albeit it was taking too long for her to get better.

If Max was calm when he accompanied Liz to the hospital back then, he was a basket case now. He was afraid of what the doctor may find, especially since Liz told him that her grandmother had cancer and that they weren’t able to find out what’s wrong during their first appointment. They were told to come back the next day. However, no matter how scared Max was getting, he couldn’t let it show. He had to be the strong one this time.

In the course of two months, Max’s affections for Liz have definitely increased. He finds himself torn about what’s going on with him. And the most surprising part was he burned his black book because of her.

“Ms. Elizabeth Parker?” The nurse called.

“Yes?” Liz answered.

“You can go in now.” The nurse smiled at her.

“I don’t understand why we weren’t told of the results the first time.” Liz gripped Max’s hand.

“I don’t know either. But it’ll be fine. I promise you, I won’t let anything happen to you.” Max kissed her forehead before entering the office.

“Hello, Liz.” The doctor greeted her.

“Hi.” She answered shyly.

“Please, have a seat.”

“What’s going on, Dr. Grant? I thought you said she was fine a few months ago.” Max immediately spoke.

“She is.”

“Then why is she still feeling this way?” Max said loudly. “I brought her here because you are the best. Now why can’t you heal her?”

“Max, please sit down.” The doctor told him. “I know that you’re worried but I assure you, everything is fine. All her tests results came out normal, except—”

“Except? What do you mean ‘except’?” Max asked.

“Max, please.” Liz spoke.

“Max, Liz, I’m sorry if I scared you but let me tell you that there is nothing wrong. Actually, you’re very healthy which is quite good for the baby.”

“Baby?!” Both Max and Liz were staring at the doctor with wide eyes.

“Yes, you’re expecting a child in about 7 months.” The doctor reiterated.

Max was ecstatic but he didn’t notice the shock on Liz’s face.

“That’s great news. Thanks Doc.” Max shook the doctor’s hand then turned to face Liz.

“Liz?”

“What?”

“Are you ok?”

“Yeah, I’m fine.” Liz tried to force a smile. “Thanks again for everything Dr. Grant.”

“No problem. Now I’m going to refer you to a good obstetrician so you can continue having pre-natal check-ups alright?” The doctor listed down the name of his colleague.

“Oh yes, you don’t have to remind us. I’ll make sure to make an appointment as soon as possible.” Max was grinning from ear to ear. “Thanks again.”

As they walked out to the car, Liz felt numb. She didn’t know what was going on. One minute she was complaining of headaches and the next she’s pregnant. How could her world turn upside down so fast?

She went into the house quietly, Max following right behind her. He was wondering what was going through her mind as she never spoke the entire way back.

Liz went into her room, took off her shoes and laid down on the bed in a fetal position. Upon seeing this, Max got scared.

“Liz?”

No answer.

“Lizzie?”

Max crouched down beside her and brushed away the hair that covered her face. That’s when he saw her tears.

“Sweetie, what’s wrong?” He wiped away the tears but more came. “Please, Liz, talk to me.”

“I can’t do this.” She whispered.

“Do what?”

“Have your baby.”

“What?! Liz…wh-what are you saying?”

“We can’t keep this.” Liz sobbed.

“Why not?”

“Because it’s going to…to r-ruin your career. You might lose more fans, they’ll hate you.”

Max was stunned. This whole time that he had gained the knowledge that he was going to be a father, the thought about how his career will suffer never entered his mind. He was only happy with the knowledge that he and Liz are having a baby. That was all that mattered. And it was about time that he told her.

“Liz, I don’t care. You and the baby are the only things important to me. To hell with my career. I’m a good actor and if people can’t see that because of you and our child then it’s not worth it.” He kissed her lips, “Please don’t think this way anymore. You’re all that matters, you and our baby. I…I love you Liz.”

“What did you say?”

“I love you.” For the first time, Max felt honest, honest with Liz and with himself.

“Max.” Liz hugged him and started to cry.

“It’s ok, baby. Stop crying. I’ll take care of you, I promise.” Max soothed her.

Suddenly, Liz felt tired, the weariness and exhaustion has caught up with her. Max helped her out of her clothes leaving only her underwear. He took out a tank top and a pair of pajamas and dressed her lovingly. He tucked her in bed and watched her sleep.

He smiled at the thought of Liz bearing a huge bump in her belly where their child will grow. He settled in beside her, wrapping an arm around Liz and his palm resting on her stomach.

This was the start of his new life, a life that will involve him, Liz and his child. His mind was running a thousand miles a minute at what the future holds for them. But his heart…his heart finally felt at peace.

to be continued....
kay_b
Addicted Roswellian

Post by kay_b »

A/N: I know it has taken me a long time to write this part. I'm really sorry for that. I just couldn't find the words to express my thoughts. And I also knew that most of you would be asking how Max made that turnaround, his thoughts and feelings and what triggered him to stop his womanizing. I was really meaning to devote an entire chapter for that...so here it is. I hope the wait was worth it. Thanks again, everybody.

~*~*~*~*~

Chapter 13

The minute Liz woke up she was surprised to see Max hovering above her. He was talking quietly and as she peered at Max slowly, a smile broke through. He was talking to their unborn child.

“…you’re going to be good for Mommy ok?”

“What are you doing?”

Max was startled so much that he jumped off Liz like she was on fire and fell off the bed.

“Max!” Liz quickly sat up and looked at Max on the floor. “Are you alright?”

“Yeah, yeah,” Max groaned as he stood up, “I’m fine.”

Liz was worried as she looked at him. When Max turned to face her, his emotions for her could choke him.

While he watched Liz sleep, he tried to analyze everything that he felt for the woman that lay before him.

He thought about the past events that led him to this night. And of course, he felt a stirring in him as he recalled all those nights of passion he shared with her.

‘But what about his womanizing?’ He thought about those times when he was off sleeping with someone else. And no matter what he did to try to take Liz off his mind, he couldn’t. That was when he knew that something had changed. But what?

At first it surprised him why he would be thinking of Liz when a sexy woman was sitting in front of him. He shook his head slightly and shrugged it off. And then it progressed to his mind wandering back to kisses he shared with her, how her sweet lips tasted, how her tongue danced with his, how her body fit perfectly in his arms. The last straw was when he fucked other women, he would only climax as he imagined Liz being the one underneath him.

That was when he started on his quest to find out what it meant. Whenever he was home on the weekends, he would almost spend every waking hour with her. In the beginning he made himself believe that it was all because of his plans. But eventually, he started looking forward to going home just to be with her.

And then he began to see her; not as an accessory for his ploy but as someone he could actually start a serious relationship with. He noticed how when she was thinking hard, she would nibble her lower lip and he’d find himself wishing it was him nibbling on it. So he would move in for a kiss. Then he noticed how when she got nervous, she would tuck a few strands of her hair behind her ear and he’d find himself wishing that his fingers would be the ones running through it. So he would start stroking her silky tresses. And then he would notice her laugh and how he would wish that it was all because of him. So he would buy her lavish gifts to see her smile. All this and other things made him cherish her more and more each day, and he still couldn’t get enough.

During his last trip to NY, he was on edge. Despite the women clinging to him during their post wrap-up party, he only wanted one woman: Liz. So instead of bringing back another nameless body to his room, he went back alone and the party hasn’t even ended. All night they talked. He called her on his mobile while he was at the party and on his hotel phone once he got back to his room, wishing she was right there beside him.

After their conversation, he took out his black book, flipped through the pages looking at the many numbers listed. Then he threw it in the roaring fireplace.

When he got back to California and found Liz sick, the need to make her well raced through him. He wanted nothing more than to take her in his arms and cure her of whatever illness she had.

That’s when he knew that he was falling. He was falling in love with her and there was no stopping it. He wanted to be with her all the time. He even stopped going to auditions for a while until he sorted through all of this. But the more he spent time with her, the deeper he fell.

He has been waiting for the perfect moment to tell her how much he loves her, but it always wasn’t the right time. He was even planning to prepare a special night for them but they found out about the pregnancy before that could happen.

The thought of their child growing inside her shifted everything. He was in love with Liz and he was filled with happiness over the baby, happiness that he has never felt before.

In all those years, he felt incomplete, like a part of him was missing but he didn’t know what. But Liz changed all of that. It was her that was missing in his life. The awards, the stardom, the money, the fans; none of it meant anything to him. And that was probably why he slept with all those women.

Every girl, every woman he went through, was nothing to him. They were just there to please him. He never knew what it was like to be in a relationship because in the beginning, he didn’t have the time. And then fame stepped in and the next thing he knew, women were literally throwing themselves at his feet. But not once has he felt complete…until Liz.

And now she has given him the most perfect gift he could ever ask for.

As he continued to watch Liz, he wondered what the baby will be. Will it be a boy or a girl? If it’s a boy, will he like to play sports? Would he enjoy playing basketball like he does? Would he look like him?

And what if it’s a girl? He dreaded that thought. If it’s a girl, he will break the necks of those boys who will hurt her. A part of him wishes that it won’t be a girl because he feared that she might serve to pay for his sins of being so callous with all those other women he bedded. He certainly hopes that she’s not. But nonetheless, he will always protect her. Would she look like Liz, with her soft silky hair, her big brown eyes, her throaty laugh? Would she be petite like her mother? Would she be as smart and beautiful as her?

But whatever the baby turns out to be, he only prays that it’s healthy. He absentmindedly ran his fingers through Liz’s hair, picturing her living with him, raising their baby together. A wistful smile spreads on his face as he thinks about what it would be like to have a family. And it was Liz who made it all possible for him.

That was what made him scoot down and talk to his child even though he knew that he or she couldn’t understand him yet. The miracle of creating another life hit him as he gently touched Liz’s belly. He laid his hand flat on top lightly so as not to wake her.

Then he just started talking as he stared in awe.

“I can’t believe you’re real.” he whispered.

“I know that you’re just a bunch of cells right now,” he chuckled, “but you’re there. You’re the life that Liz…you’re Mom and I created.”

He looked up at Liz’s sleeping face, “Wow, can you believe we’re going to be Mommy and Daddy?” He spoke softly, watching Liz breathe deeply.

Then he turned back to his baby, “I promise to take real good care of you both. You don’t know how much you mean to me.” He placed a light kiss on Liz’s shirt.

“I can’t wait till you’re born. It doesn’t matter if you’re a boy or a girl, as long as you’re healthy, that’s more than enough for me.”

“Look at me, I’m having a conversation by myself.” Max laughed softly.

“Do you know how special you are? You and your mom are my light. You made me see what I’ve done with my life. And it’s because of you that I’m going to do everything that’s right for you, for us.”

“I promise that I will give you everything you need, all the toys you want, baby. And Mommy and I will have the best room made just for you. And when you’re born, you’re going to have lots of people who will love you. Two sets of grandparents who’ll definitely spoil you. There’s Aunt Isabel, she’s my twin sister, Uncle Andrew, my eldest brother, Aunt Karen, my youngest sister. There’s also Uncle Alex, he is Aunt Isabel’s fiancé. That means they’re getting married soon, and then you’ll have cousins. Mommy doesn’t have any brothers or sisters but there’s Aunt Maria and Uncle Michael. They’re real good friends of your Mom. Aunt Maria’s perky and as for Uncle Michael…uh, I’ll let you be the judge of that once you meet him.”

“But in the meantime, you have to grow strong ok? I’ll make sure Mommy eats lots of healthy food and drinks lots of milk for you and some vitamins too, I think. And while you’re in there, you’re going to be good for Mommy ok?”

Max sat back on the bed caressing Liz’s face and staring in her eyes.

“Max? What is it? Are you hurt?” Liz asked as she wondered about the look on her boyfriend’s face.

Max just shook his head no, his palm never leaving her cheek.

“Then what is it? You’re scaring me. You didn’t hit your head, did you?”

“No.” Max smiled. “Liz?”

Liz gazed back at him and waited for him to speak with bated breath.

“Move in with me.”

to be continued....
kay_b
Addicted Roswellian

Post by kay_b »

A/N: Hi everyone. Thanks for sticking with this story despite the slow updates. About those predicting other things will happen.... Of course, other things will happen both good and bad. But I won't say when and how long this will be until a few chapters to the end maybe. Hope you enjoy the next part.

~*~*~*~*~

Chapter 14

“What?”

“I said move in with me.”

“Max, I heard you but…are you sure?”

“Liz, it’s not a question of whether I’m sure or not. It’s if you want to.”

“No, Max, this is a major decision.”

Max pulled back, “No, you don’t want to move in with me?”

“No, I mean yes. Yes I want to but we’ve only been together for a few months?”

“So? That didn’t stop us from making a baby together.” Max smirked.

Liz turned serious, “That’s different.”

Max held her hand, “I know. That’s why I want to be with you all the time. I want to be able to take care of you and our baby, Liz.”

“Max, that’s really sweet and all but isn’t this too fast?”

“Sweetie, would you rather we move in together once the baby is here?”

Liz shook her head meekly.

“I’m not going anywhere. I plan on being with you for a long time. You made me open my eyes and see, Liz. You changed me.”

“What are you talking about?”

“For the longest time, I felt lost. Like I was just going through the motions of living but I really wasn’t. I know that there are other people who have it worse than I do but it’s just the way I’ve felt for a long time.”

Liz blinked.

“And now, for the first time in my life, I don’t feel that way anymore. It’s like I have a whole new purpose, a purpose that has meaning. And it’s because of you.”

“Max.”

“You don’t know what I was like before, Liz.” Max said sadly. He couldn’t tell Liz what he did. He knew without a doubt that she would leave him if she learned of his plans.

“The only Max I know is the one who’s sitting before me. I can’t understand why you think of yourself this way. I know that you are this loving, caring, responsible and affectionate man. And I’m thankful that you’re the father of my child.”

“I love you so much, Liz.” Max openly declared.

Liz answered by kissing him deeply, pouring out all the passion she felt for him.

When they parted for air, Max leaned his forehead to hers, “Wow.”

Liz smiled, breathing hard.

“Is that a yes?” Max asked. Hope was clearly shown in his eyes as he pulled back to look at her.

Liz nodded.

Max grinned broadly and peppered her face and hands with kisses. “Oh you won’t regret it, I promise you. Thank you, thank you, thank you.”

Liz giggled as Max continued to tickle her with kisses.

And the two shared a few moments just laughing and tickling each other.

“I think I should talk to them alone.” Liz spoke softly.

“I know they’ll probably be upset but I think they must have some inclination that this was going to lead to this someday.” Max said.

“It’s still not the same. Even if we all knew that we would part ways sooner or later, it’s still hard.” Liz sniffled.

Max hugged her close. “Oh I’m sorry, baby. If you want to talk to them alone, that’s fine. Just call me as soon as it’s over.” Max paused to think, “No, just call me whenever. I’ll be here in 10 minutes, ok?”

“Okay.” Liz whispered.

“Whatever happens, I’m here.” Max gave her a quick peck.

Liz took a deep breath and led Max to his car. He got in but not before another quick kiss. Then he drove off.

Max quickly headed for his house to fix it so that Liz will feel comfortable. He knew that he’ll probably be pacing in front of his phone until he hears from her. So instead, he opted to clean out his dressing room to allow some space for Liz’s things as well as his bedroom and bathroom.

He started listing down things he’ll be needing, like more colorful sheets rather than his black satin and silk ones, though he would still like the cool satin sheets and a naked Liz lying next to him. He shook his head to clear his mind; he had to list down everything he needed. Some flowers and plants to make the house more feminine, groceries definitely, and some new furniture to make the house more like a home for his new family instead of its current obvious bachelor pad look.

‘Wow, my new family.’ Max felt giddy over the thought of seeing his children playing in this house as he stood in the living room. Then he got an idea and ran up the stairs to the guest room that was closest to his master suite. He stood there and knew that it was huge enough for a nursery. He has to hire some contractors as soon as Liz has settled in and draw up some plans.

‘I don’t think anyone ever thought they would be seeing Max Evans in a baby store.’ He smiled as he pictured him and Liz shopping for baby furniture, clothes and of course, toys to create a bright and cheerful room for their baby.

“Hey guys.” Liz casually got Maria and Michael’s attention.

“Hey Lizzie, how’s loverboy?” Maria joked.

”Um he’s fine…I mean, Max is fine.”

“Mmmm, he sure is.”

“What was that?” Michael asked.

“Nothing. I was just commenting Liz on such a good catch.”

Michael snorted, “I think he’s just lucky that he looks good. Otherwise, he wouldn’t be this popular.”

“See, you agree with me.” Maria grinned.

“What? What are you talking about?” Michael asked with a scowl.

“You just said he was good looking.”

“No I didn’t. I was simply pointing out that the only reason girls are going gaga over him is because THEY think he’s good looking.”

“So you agree that he’s yummy.”

“I do not!

“Yes, you do.”

“No, I don’t.”

“You do too.”

“Do not!”

“Do too!”

“Do not!”

“Do too!”

“MaxandIaremovingintogether.” Liz said in a rush.

Michael and Maria quickly turned to look at Liz.

“What did you say?” Maria asked with wide open eyes.

“Um…we’re…moving in…together.” Liz said brokenly.

“Uh-uh, no way.” Michael shook his head vehemently.

“This isn’t your decision to make, Michael.” Liz replied.

“Liz, you’ve only known this person for months.” Michael said.

“So? I know him. That’s all that matters, even if it has been just ‘for months’.”

“Not because he’s entire life and his likes and dislikes are in the magazines justifies you telling me that you know him.”

“Michael.” Maria warned.

“Listen to me, Michael. You’re not the one who spends time with him. It’s me. And I don’t recall you being there with us so you can’t judge if I know him well enough or not.” Liz spoke angrily.

“You don’t even know what you’re getting yourself into!” Michael started to raise his voice.

“This is my life, Michael. And I appreciate that you’re trying to do whatever this is. But you can’t tell me what I can or cannot do!” Liz began to scream as well.

“When we left Roswell, I promised your parents that I would look after you! And that’s the only thing I’m doing!”

“Well, I don’t need it!”

“Fine!”

“Enough!” This came from Maria. “What are you two doing?!”

“Talk to your friend, Maria. She’s not thinking straight.” Michael huffed and walked away furiously.

Maria looked back at Liz and saw that she was on the verge of tears.

“Chica, are you sure about this?” Maria put an arm around her best friend’s shoulders.

“Do you feel the same way as Michael does?”

“If Max makes you happy, then go for it. I’ll be here whenever you need me.” Maria hugged Liz.

“Thank you.” Liz whispered as tears fell down her face.

During the remainder of the week, Max and Maria helped Liz pack her bags and her belongings. Maria was both happy and sad for Liz; happy that she has found someone that loves her with all his heart, and sad that Liz was moving out.

Max and Liz were still the only ones who know about the baby. Max wanted Liz to be able to settle in his…THEIR house before they break the news to their families and friends. In all the time that Max spent helping Liz with her packing, he learned more and more about her. And as a result, he has fallen so deep for the brown-eyed beauty before him.

Michael wasn’t in the house on the day Liz had to leave. He truly believed that she was making a huge mistake. But despite their fight, he knew without a doubt that he would be there for her, no matter what. That was the vow they made when they were kids and there wasn’t anything in this world that would make them break that pact, not even Max Evans.

to be continued....
kay_b
Addicted Roswellian

Post by kay_b »

A/N: I'm sorry that this kinda sucks. It's short and I'm still suffering from writer's block.

BehrLuver04: Yes, I do have a couple more stories in line. The next one would be Summer Light. It’s based on a book of the same title by Luanne Rice. Go read it if you have the time, it’s really beautiful. Also, this was the one that got the most votes when I posted a poll.

frenchkiss70: Good insight about Max having it easy. I never even saw that. Thanks for pointing it out. And thanks for reading my stories.

max 'n' liz 4 eva: Thank you for that insight on Max and Liz. You sure hit that right on the target. And I don't mind your "psycho babbling". :D

~*~*~*~*~

Chapter 15

It was a warm sunny day when Isabel entered Max’s house. She wanted to talk to Max again about how wrong he was about dragging Liz into his plans.

When she got in, it was eerily quiet. She started looking for her brother in the common rooms but he was nowhere to be found. She immediately thought that he might still be asleep. However, she didn’t want to go into his bedroom with the possibility that she might witness another disgusting episode. But she knew they needed to talk so she treaded up the stairs.

As she reached the closed door, she heard some whispering and someone retching in the bathroom. She thought that Max might be in trouble and quickly barged in without even knocking.

“Max! What’s wro—” Isabel stopped in mid-sentence upon seeing Max lift Liz up to the counter and lovingly wipe her face clean.

The couple were startled and turned their heads to look at Isabel.

“Iz? What are you doing here?” Max asked.

“Uh…”

“Hang on, I’ll be right with you.”

Clad in only a pair of sweatpants, Max helped Liz back in bed and tucked her in despite her protests.

“Sshhh, just rest. I’ll be right back.” Max put on a short and led his sister out of the bedroom, closing the door gently.

“Max?” Isabel stared at him.

Max just smiled.

“Is she…?”

“Yes.”

“Is it yours?”

At that, Max got angry instantly. “Not that it’s any of your business, but yes. She’s carrying my child, Isabel. In fact, I am the only man she has ever been with. So if you don’t have anything else to say, I suggest you leave.” Max said all this as he hauled his sister down the stairs and straight to his front door.

“Wait, Max!”

“Lower your voice.” Max boomed.

Isabel wrenched free from Max’s grasp. “What are you doing? Do you have any idea what you’ve gotten yourself into?”

“Isabel.”

“What Max? How could you even do this to her? Tell me this isn’t included this in your schemes.”

“Shut up.” Max hissed. “You don’t even have any idea what’s going on here.”

“Oh don’t I? Well then why don’t you inform me.”

“I don’t have time for this, Isabel.”

“And what do you have time for? Fucking another woman?”

“I’m in love with her alright!” Max shouted.

Isabel blinked in shock. She studied him closely, judging if it was an act or if it was real. But one look on her brother’s face, she knew that he wasn’t playing around anymore.

“Max, are you sure about this?”

“I’ve never been more sure about anything in my life.” Max said softly.

Isabel quickly hugged her twin.

“I’m happy for you, Max.” Isabel smiled as they pulled apart.

“Thanks, Iz. I’m happy too.”

“So what are you going to do now?”

“I don’t know yet. I was thinking we should let the parents know.”

Isabel nodded.

“Liz’s parents are from Roswell so we’re probably going to fly there. Could you arrange a private jet for us? I’m not sure if flying is good for the baby. But I know that with Liz’s morning sickness, she might not be comfortable with the trip so I want to get there the fastest way we can.”

“No problem. I’ll get to it right away.” Isabel said as she took note of it on her palm pilot.

“Thanks.”

“Uh, Max?”

“Yeah?”

“What about…marriage?”

“That’s up to Liz.”

“Waitaminute. You mean, you…you…”

“Yeah, I want to marry her. Is that so hard to believe?”

“No, no! I mean, it’s just…you know…”

“It never got to this before, I know. But those other women, they don’t mean as much to me as Liz does. Hell, they were nothing.”

“I can’t believe that you’re my brother.”

Max chuckled. “I know.”

“Don’t get me wrong, Max. I like this new you. It’s just a shocker.”

Max scratched the side of his head.

“You make a great couple, Max. Actually, that was the reason I was so against your plans; that and the fact that it was utterly selfish and stupid. But still, Liz is a wonderful young woman. And you look great together. I’m glad that she got to you. You deserve the kind of happiness she can give you.”

“Thanks, Isabel.”

“Oh don’t thank me. It was Alex who pointed that out. I just happen to agree with his opinion. Well, I have to go. I’ll call you as soon as the arrangements have been made.”

Isabel hugged her brother once more before she left.

As soon as he closed the door, Max quickly ran back to the bedroom to check on Liz.

When he opened the door, he saw her sleeping so peacefully. He laid down beside her, and spooned her body close to his, laying his palm on her stomach where the new life was growing inside the only woman he ever loved.

to be continued....