Back To You - (M/L, CC, ADULT) COTT Pt 7 A/N 07-25-06 [WIP]

This is the place where fics that have not been updated in the past three months will be moved until the author asks a mod to move them back to an active board.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, truelovepooh, Forum Moderators

Crashdown_51
Addicted Roswellian

Back To You - (M/L, CC, ADULT) COTT Pt 7 A/N 07-25-06 [WIP]

Post by Crashdown_51 »

<center>Image</center>

<center>Back To You</center>

Author: Crashdown_51 :twisted:

Rating: ADULT

Disclaimer: I don't own any of the Roswell characters.

Summary: Part 4 to the Consequences of Time Travel Series, in this Part, the gang find out that Rev left Liz with some valuable information. Over whom or what? The Andromena? The Denathon? The Dupes? Tess? Tess and Zan's baby? Or the mysterious woman that saved them when it all started...Serena. All they know is, the more and more the pieces of the puzzles are pieced together, the more they realize what a terrible mistake it was for Future Liz to come back in time.

Links:

Part 1 - "To Give Her Up"
Part 2 - "Flesh...Blood...Bone...Love..."
Part 3 -"Consequences of Time Travel"

<center>Prologue</center>

I'm lying in dirt watching these shadows dancing across the walls
Nothing to do but think of you and count the tears that fall
Oh how I wish it was real
I wish I could feel you holding me close
Oh I think I know for sure
I should've never let you go

I would walk the world across the sea
A journey beyond the moon
I'll try anything go anywhere
To find my way back to you

“I don’t…what are you saying?”

“Max, I don’t want out. I don’t. I just need space…to breathe. To scream, and I can’t do that here.”

“When?”

“Now.”

“How long will you be gone?”

“I-I don’t know. But I will be back, I-I just need to deal with this…alone. Okay?”

“I’ll wait for you.”

I would walk the world across the sea
A journey beyond the moon
Now baby I was wrong now that you're gone
The only thing left to do is spend every day try every way

I know that I was a fool to push you away
And if you let me back in your life
Baby I swear all my heart and in your arms I will stay

Baby you're the only one
Baby, journey beyond the moon
Baby I was wrong now that you're gone
The only thing left to do is spend every day try every way
Find my way back to you
Wanna come back to you

Baby I'm gonna find my way back to you

<center>Chapter One</center>

Liz’s Balcony Wednesday, May 24th, 2001 9:05 P.M.

It had been an hour since I’d returned to Roswell and I still couldn’t bring myself to go inside.

Instead, I’d been sitting out on the balcony, by my opened bedroom window, against the cold brick wall, hugging my legs as I listened quietly to the music coming from my room.

Hearing the next track play, I realize that he’s listening to one of my CDs. Ironically, he’s listening to the CD I made back when he left to Antar, a collection of songs that reminded me of him back when I felt abandoned and lonely.

God, I can just imagine that that’s how he was feeling right now. Abandoned. Alone. The same way that I’ve been feeling, once again this entire month, only it was me that was responsible for the loneliness.

But I just couldn’t stay.

I was so overwhelmed with grief that I felt like I was gonna collapse. So much happened back-to-back I’m surprised I didn’t breakdown sooner. It was probably because I never had the actual time to breakdown because when I wasn’t busy fighting an alien, I was struggling to try and date one.

Peeking into the room, I looked around to see that everything was brand new. Aliens sure do know how to remodel excellently, but I can’t help but think this was all Isabel’s doing.

But the candles…definitely one of my trademarks Max had decided to keep, seeing that the room was decorated with them. And from the smell of the lit ones, he had selected Strawberry scented candles. It was both sweet and sad at the same time. The fact that he’d have to light candles to feel a little of my presence just to get to sleep.

It was obvious he was sleeping so early because from his uniform that was hung over the backrest of my vanity dressers’ chair, it was safe to assume he was due to work in a few hours.

So maybe I should consider staying out on the balcony, thinking of what to say to Max while he’s away at work, leaving me to ponder and enjoy the beautiful night’s sky. It’s been ages since I’ve actually sat on my balcony to smell my candles burning while I write in my journal, feeling the nights’ breeze brush against my skin, as it was now. And if only I could go inside my room and pull Max out to share this serene atmosphere, to share the sweet aroma of my strawberry candles as we watched the stars in each other’s arms.

‘Pity the dreamer’, was the first saying that popped in my head after that thought, because it was all it could be…a dream. I knew that eventually I’d have to go in there and show Max the notebook I had, and that by showing him, it would lead to a domino effect of occurrences that would prevent me from ever making that dream a reality.

“Liz.” I heard Max mumbling in his sleep. Peeking over the side of my window again, I see him turn to lie on his back as he mumbles my name again.

“Liz.”

God, I can’t bare listening to the sorrowful tone he was using to call me. So quietly, I climbed in my bedroom window and set my jacket and book bag to the side as I slip out of my shoes, socks and jeans.

My plan was to hold him, let him know that I was back…but I was afraid. Afraid of what he might see inside me. So instead, I sit underneath my window, hugging my bare legs as I watched him continue to toss and turn.

“Liz.” He called out again, this time driving a tear out of me.

God, I can’t bare it any longer. I had to comfort him, but just as I was pushing myself up by the windowsill, a gust of wind came brushing past me and skimmed over the top of Max’s bare chest, waking him up.

Crap!

Max quickly sat up when he spotted me. I probably looked like a deer caught in headlights, frozen in surprise as I stood nervously in my small Cami and matching cotton boy shorts.

Your koolest smile
Brings me into koolest moods
Your koolest smile

I had pictured this moment so many times, him asking me a million questions when I returned. But for some certain reason, he didn’t utter a word. He just looked at me in disbelief, like I was some figment of his imagination.

I don't know what to say
You're tricking me
Into something crazy ­
I can see

Fidgeting nervously with my fingers, my heart literally pauses when he gets up off the bed and moves slowly to me. I had to be possessed by his expression, because the moment he took a step forward…so did I…until we met up in the center of the room.

I don't want your sympathy
or your games
makes me feel
so insane

Standing in front of him with my arms straight at my side, I watched curiously in silence as he admired me in love, tracing over the side of my face with his hand, without touching me. Almost as if he was afraid that if he touched me I’d disappear before his eyes.

Your koolest smile
Your koolest smile

It wasn’t until the first tear escaped from my watery eyes, that I felt his fingertips touching me. Fingertips that caused a suit of Goosebumps all over me that not even the cool breeze could provoke and he knew that too from the smug look in his eyes. Still without saying anything, I watched as he took his index finger towards my face and then closed my eyes as I felt his finger retraced the stream that my tear had left behind. I felt his finger gently running down my cheek and then opened my eyes when I felt his finger turning into the corner of my mouth and brushing over my bottom lip as he lowered closer to me. Keeping his eyes deadlock on my lips as he lowered his closer to them, an action that sent an exotic chill down to the pit of my stomach when I realized his intentions. But instead, he closed his eyes midway and rested his forehead against mine.

or your games
or your games

Thinking that maybe he needed a minute to grasp the thought of me being there, I intuitively turn my head slightly as I roamed in his lengthy hair with one hand and brushed against the back of his arm with the other. Causing us, somehow, to start shifting our weight simultaneously, from foot to foot, swaying side to side to the seducing sounds coming from the small boom box radio on the nightstand…almost as if we were dancing.

Your koolest smile
Your koolest smile

After tracing his middle and index fingers over my bottom lip, I stood still, with my eyes closed, enjoying the sensation that lit between my legs as he lightly pulled down on my lip, lowering his head down to me, and then slipped his tongue into my mouth. Once he did that, I noticed in amusement, that his eyebrow arched in surprise when he discovered the tip of my tongue desperately awaiting his before I hungrily sucked on it, starting our kiss.

I don't know what to say
You're tricking me
Into something crazy ­
I can see

I placed my fingertips at each side of his face, holding him in position as I desperately tasted everything his mouth had to offer, while he wrapped his arms around my waist, picking me up effortlessly off my tippy toes and moved us the short distant to the bed. Where he set me down on my back without breaking our kiss and sat down beside me, brushing his hand up and down my left leg while his other hand pillowed my head.

or your games
makes me feel
so insane

I felt Max’s left hand slide down to hold the back of my neck while his right slid up the side of my left leg and started tugging down on the side of my boy shorts, revealing my hip before he abandoned the action. He started to finger-crawl his way up my side, until he cupped my breast in his hand and brushed the butt of his thumb against my aching tip, causing me to gasp in want before returning to our kiss. Still rubbing me passionately, I soon found the shivering feeling overpowering me, leaving him no choice but to press his upper weight on top of me to prevent me from arching my back in enjoyment anymore. Meanwhile, he smoothly switched hand positions and began brushing his thumb over the peak of my right breast as we continued kissing.

Your koolest smile

His hands were just driving me unbelievably crazy, until I was unable to control my hormones any longer, and managed to pushed him back lightly, with both my hands against his chiseled chest as I slowly broke our kiss. Feeling Max yearnfully taste every bit of my tongue as I slipped it out of his mouth, I quickly teased him with a small lick in his open mouth as I pressed my hand against his chest to stop him from kissing me. Instead, I licked his bottom lip and then nicked it before licking my own, shifting myself to sit on my legs while I cleverly manipulated Max to slide back to middle of the bed with my guiding shoulder. Then with an arm across his legs to imply I needed room to crawl, I made him turn to slide up to where he had me lying before while I remained in a crawling position, by his calves, and watched alluringly as Max eyed my cleavage.

Your koolest smile

Moving my right knee between Max’s legs, I seductively crawled my way up to him until I reached his thigh and then stood up on my knees. Just then, Max sat up to hold the back of my thighs and then grazed his hands up to grasp my cheeks, that were peeking out of my boy shorts from all my moving, as I rested my forearms on his shoulders and continued teasing his mouth with my tongue.

I don't know what to say
You're tricking me

One thing that manages to send me through the roof aside from the touching and the kissing….Max Evans. Not the shy, King-alien Max, but the Max behind closed doors that’s not shy to ravish me in anyway he pleases. Which his “please” turns into my pleasure and my pleasure that turns me into the boldest person in the world that “lets” and “does” THINGS.

into something crazy
i can see

Sitting on his right thigh, I know Max could feel the erotic wetness the situation was bestowing on me between my legs, just as I can see the effect it had on him. Lifting my hands in the air to allow Max to strip me of my thin Cami, I watch as he first grabs my breast over my shirt, before he rids me of my Cami in one swooping maneuver. Max then pulls me closer to him, making me stand on my knees again to run my fingers through the sides of his head as I feel the warmness and wetness of his mouth, sucking and tugging lightly on my breast’s hard peaks. Seeing that he figured out that the harder he sucked and tugged on my nipples, the more turned on I got, and that the more turned on I got, the more I moaned. Until one of his harder teases caused me to throw my head back and moan louder than I have ever heard myself moan, while his layered hands strongly held me up by the center of my back.

or your games

Lifting myself back up slowly and moving completely between Max’s legs, I push my tongue into Max’s mouth, forcing him to open it wider for me before I restarted our kiss again. Finding myself tugging back lightly on his hair with my left hand to make him tilt his head back for better access in his mouth and dragging my nails up and down his back with my right.

or your games
makes me feel

“Ugh.” I moaned as Max tucked his hands inside my boy shorts from the hem and squeezed to purposely drive the moan out of me. Continuing with the momentum of my moan, I dragged the tip of my tongue up the crook of Max’s neck until I reached his ear and purred in arousal before I began sucking on his earlobe. “God, I’ve missed you.” I whispered in his ear as I nuzzled the tip of my nose against his cheek and then moved back to his lips.

so insane

Without warning, Max turns me to lie on my back, still kissing me while his hand was busy tapping around the inside drawer of the nightstand, looking around for what I could only assume was a condom.

And that’s when it hit me.

Two questions rested on his action. Do we use a condom or do we try and restore what was stolen from us?
Last edited by Crashdown_51 on Tue Jul 25, 2006 8:00 am, edited 20 times in total.
<center>Image
***Click on banner to get to my author's page***</center>
Crashdown_51
Addicted Roswellian

Chapter 2

Post by Crashdown_51 »

Song: All I Want by Susie Suh

<center>Chapter Two</center>

Liz’s Room

Too mant times
I have wondered

“Wait.” I pleaded in a whisper, stopping him from searching anymore when I place my hand on his wrist and sit up, covering my breast with my arm. “Wait, Max.”

“Okay?” Max whispers out softly as he sits up beside and starts rubbing my back.

Would all tryingness fall

How to begin? There’s so much to say but so little words to say it in.

No, wait.

There are words to cover this.

You come around

“Max, my heart’s broken.” I sniffle out, feeling him scoot closer to me as I start to cry.

I feel so down

“Mine is too.” He admits, wrapping his arm around me that causes me to crash on his shoulder and start to cry even harder. “We’ll get through this. I promise, okay?”

I'm gonna drown

All I can do is nod, because I know deep down inside, he really means it. He tries so hard to be normal but something or someone always manages to put an alien wrench in our normality.

Cause I know, that you've fallen short

“How is everyone?” I ask in a whimper leaning forward to hug under my legs and rest my cheek on my knees.

“Quiet.” Max exhales as he gathers my hair and sets it over my shoulder to continue rubbing my back. “Even Maria.” He informs me, letting out a weak chuckle. “I-I guess no one knows what to say…to me anyway.”

“I’m surprised Maria didn’t come beat down your door.” I point out timidly, knowing that we made more noise than usual.

“She’s not here.” He replies and I quickly look to him in confusion as I wipe a tear from my cheek, wondering where she could be at this time a night. "Michael isn't either.”

“Where did they go?” I ask curiously, covering myself with my arm again as I turn to him.

“It’s a long story.” Max answers with a sigh and shakes his head as he traces his finger down the bumps of my spine.

“Yeah, seems to be a few of those lately.” I snicker with a weak huff of laughter and then look down at his hand.

I guess it’s my turn to “tell”.

“Max I…I have been staying at the Navajo Reservoir.” I confess, looking to him to see him looking down at the sheets before he finally looked at me.

“I know.”

He knew?

How?

Flashes?

Isabel?

Did he have me followed?

“Eddie came to see me.”

“He did?” I ask shocked as I see him nod. “What else did he say?”

“That something was happening to you and that you needed time to figure out what it was on your own.” He concluded as I felt him eye me for an answer. “Did you figure it out?”

“Yeah. But it’s one of those long stories.”

“Well, I waited a month to hear it.” I hear him retort in a bitter tone. Looking up, I see him looking down at the sheets again and then look back to me with an apology lingering in his eyes.

But do you know

But I deserved that.

it doesn't change

I left him for a month, knowing that everything I’ve been through, he has too.

the way I feel about you
in the end of the day

So the least I can do is tell him.

“I-I saw…”

“You saw what?” Max questioned me concerned when I could barely get the words to leave my mouth.

“What Rev did to you.” I answer sadly, looking to him from underneath my eyelashes to see that my answer caught him off guard. “I saw everything…and I-I’m sorry for yelling at you when you came back from Antar. And I’m sorry I didn’t give you a chance to tell me…I-I just had no idea, and I’m so sorry.” I confess hugging my legs tighter as the tears flowed freely from me.

Cause I know
that all I want
is
what you got

“How did you–”

all I want
is what you got

“Rev.” I answer quickly and see his head snap up. “I tried to force a premonition but something hap...”

“What happened?”

Suddenly Max voice had become a faint whisper as I dazedly look to the end of the bed, like I was back in my room when the attack happened. Seeing Maria fly back against the wall and then Rev stalk to me, mumbling something…zero something…

“Cero nevoi de miros, zeka.”

Yeah, that was it. “Cero nevoi de miros.” He shouted it before he held me up from my shirt and said something else to me. Something about Ava…like…

“Pav Nie et Ava…”

Then that’s when I did it.

And too many times
I have wanted

I placed my hands over his eyes and it was like a huge power trip. Something I never felt before…something…alien.

To turn around and walk away

“Liz?” I hear Max call to me, snapping me out of the recollection when he cupped me cheeks. “Are you okay?”

Knowing deep inside
you can't provide
what I need form you
anyway

“Yeah. I’m fine.” I reply, nodding my head lightly as I try to shake off the thought.

But do you know

“You sure?” He asked as he brushed my hair back in concern.

it doesn't change

“Yeah. Fine.” I repeat with a forced smile and then place a quick peck on the surface of his lips to assure him I was fine. But the second my lips touched his, I felt the passion we were experiencing a few minutes ago flood over me.

the way I feel about you
in the end of the day

Looking at me confused while I looked at his lips, I felt him continue to brush my hair back as another warm breeze gust through the window and brushed against us.

Cause I know
that all I want
is
what you got

“Liz?” I hear him call me in a puzzled tone, but I slowly lean forward and placed another peck on his lips before I look up at his unsure eyes.

all i want
is what you got

Hesitating to whether or not to kiss him again, Max decided for me when I felt his hand behind my neck, pulling me in for another peck that made my bottom lip disappear between his. And for some reason, instead of pulling away, I add to the peck, making it last twice as long before.

Uncovering myself to hold the sides of his face, I feel his hand enjoy the opportunity to cup my breast and graze his thumb over my peak, causing me to pull down out of the kiss as I look down at his full hand. “Max, I-“

I tell you that I want to go but I want to stay

“I’m sorry.” He puffed out in a breath as he slid his hand down to my waist.

“I really, really want to, but…I’m afraid.”

“Afraid?”

“Afraid of making a choice in the heat of passion without really thinking about it.” I tell him as I climb off the bed and reach for my Cami to cover myself with it about to head into the bathroom when I suddenly stop.

“What? What is it?”

I want to stay

“That…smell.” I say alluringly as I sniff the air trying to figure out where it was coming from.

I want to stay

“What smell?” He asks as he moves to me to try and smell what I was. “I don’t smell anything.”

I want to stay

“It’s…” I trail off closing my eyes and smile as I let the warm wind surround me of the familiar aroma. I was so caught up in…in Max’s arms, that I completely missed it…

it doesn't change

At least two of the three scents.

“It’s smells like rose water, Haiku, and strawberries.” I conclude with a timid smile, looking to him to see his eyebrows arch as he flashes me with a shy half smile.

“Oh. That.” Max answers with an innocent grin as he scratched his eyebrow.

But I know I'm gonna loose myself this way

I can’t help but look at him in skeptic amazement as I move over to one of the candles on the table and notice the aroma is coming from a fragrance burner that’s above it.

I want to stay

After taking a breath of the scent, I turn and look to Max, who’s eyeing my in wonder, and then move to him as I extend out my hand, asking for his.

I want to stay

“Come here.” I order softly, feeling his hand hold on to mine as I pull him around the end of the bed and to the side, where I signal him to sit down.

I want to stay

“What are you-”

But before he could finish, I drop the Cami from covering me to cup his face and then cover his lips with mine. Max just sat frozen in position for a brief moment before he finally joined in the kiss to intensify it as he slowly tugged on the sides of my boy shorts until they were pooled at my feet.

But do you know

I softly guided him to lie down back and began stripping him out of his boxer briefs as he watched me carefully.

it doesn't change

Once he was free of his boxer brief’s, Max propped himself up on one elbow while his other hand held his arousal in position for me and watched attentively as I positioned myself on top of him.

the way I feel about you
in the end of the day

Again on my knees, with him in between me, I carefully adjusted myself until I felt the head of his arousal, opening me lightly before I felt the satisfying penetration as I slowly lowered myself, feeling him entering me inch by inch.

Cause I know

“Liz.” Max moaned in enjoyment as he held on to my hips.

that all I want
is
what you got

I enjoyment which I can relate to.

all i want
is what you got

I missed this.

The feeling of him being inside me and exploring every curve and texture of my body.

“I love you.” He confessed as he sat up and hugged me and then planted a few butterfly kisses above my breast as I petted the back of his head.

But this moment is all I got

“I love you.” I replied in the same heartfelt emotion before I pressed my lips against his and closed my eyes tightly to savor the moment as I slowly began moving my waist back and forth.

it's all I got

Max then leaned back, propping himself on his palms and watched me take longer slides back and forth before he bent down to an elbow to offer one hand for support.

Watching him passionately as I tilted my head to touch my shoulder, licking and biting my bottom lip in fascination as I rocked back and forth, with one hand entwined with his and the other above his left knee to hold myself up.

“Mmm.” I hummed, releasing Max’s hand to balance myself by holding above both his knees.

Max took advantage of his free hand and slowly dragged his hand up my abdomen, between my breast and up my neck until he successfully inserted his index and middle finger into my mouth.

I want to stay

Feeling his fingers pierce through the center of my lips, I instinctively sucked on his fingers once and then felt him slip his fingers out.

I want to stay

Backtracking their previous course, but instead of back down to my abdomen, I felt him teasing my breasts and then felt both his hands slide down behind me to cup and squeeze my butt.

I want to stay

Opening my eyes, I see Max’s six pack tightening and muscles flexing as he held his weight up, and then finally lowered himself on his back while I ran my fingers through my wild hair when his movement rubbed against my ache.

“Uh.” I moan as I bite on my finger.

Then, without warning, Max turns me to lie on my back without pulling out of me and then leaned down to nick my bottom lip.

“There’s no one here.” He reminds me before a kiss. “So I want to hear how I make you feel.” He whispers to me in a serious expression as he starts moving in and out of me.

That command alone sent a heated arousal down to the pit of my stomach. To know he wants to hear my enjoyment while he ravishes me.

I want to stay

The thought was arousing on it’s own.

I want to stay

“Uh.” I pant in enjoyment when Max nicked my nipple and then arched my back when he began sucking on it. Max gently pushed down on my stomach, forcing me to stay put and while he tease me. “Max.” I plead as I move my waist to feel friction on my throbbing ache.

I want to stay

At my plea, Max wrist his forearm beside my head and then hooks my right leg with his left arm while he sucked my lower lip in between his. The second I feel his tongue rubbing against mine, Max pulls out of me to the tip and then drives right back inside me, making me whimper in desire when his entire head and shaft rubbed heatingly on my desire.

Seeing what a huge effect the move had on me, Max continue to stroke in and out of me in the same manner, lifting his head up so I wouldn’t kiss him with intentions to bury my moans in his mouth.

But do you know

“Look at me Liz.” Max exhaled as he rocked in and out of me.

it doesn't change

the way I feel about you
in the end of the day

Opening my eyes, I align them with his and I cup his cheeks, looking at nothing else but him as I feel him moving deeper and faster.

Cause I know
that all I want
is
what you got

“I love you.” I whisper to him as I gently stroke his cheek, feeling myself move up and down whenever he would move in and out of me.

all i want
is what you got

Making love to Max. My Max, as I so rightfully owned that claim. Something I don’t intend on stop doing for a very long time, no matter what past life wife comes along or what Harvest is in season or...wait…

Where is Tess?
<center>Image
Crashdown_51
Addicted Roswellian

Chapter 3

Post by Crashdown_51 »

<center>Chapter 3</center>

Liz’s Room – Wednesday, May 24th, 2001 10:48 p.m.

“I like it.” I giggle as I run my fingers through the ends of Max’s hair. “It’s different.”

Max just arched his eyebrow skeptically at me as I looked up at him. He was probably wondering whether I was being nice or telling the truth, but I really did like it.

A lot.

He looked older.

More mature.

“Ow.” Max says coolly as he puts his weight on one forearm.

“What?” I say with a smile as he tightens his fist and then releases his grip.

“My arm fell asleep.” He confessed with a smile as he continued to open and close his fist.

“Then why don’t you stop holding yourself up?” I ask with an amused giggle as I bring my right arm between us and start massaging his arm.

“I don’t want to squish you.” Max replied, causing me to roll my eyes in disbelief and return my hands at his sides.

“Squish me? I’m not a bug, Max.” I laugh giving him a playful kiss on the lips when he lowered his head close enough for me to reach him. “Just lie back, I’ll lie on top of you.”

“Hey, I’m the King. I give the orders.”

“Hey, I consider you a lot of things, alien King just happens to be the last of them.” I reply in the same impish tone.

“Really?” He asked arching his eyebrow in intrigued. “Like what?”

“Like my boyfriend and my lover…”

“W-wa-wa-wait.” Max mumbled stopping me from voicing the rest of my list. “Say that again?”

“Say what again?” I ask confused, looking from the smile stretched across his face to the sparkle in his eyes.

“Call me your “lover” again.” He repeated with a shy smile, making me smile as well.

“Mmm mmm.” I shake my head “no” with a teasing pout.

“Come on.” He asks rolling his eyes as I make him lie on his back and then move to the side of the bed. “Where you going?”

“Um, in case you forgot…” I pause as I bend down to pick up my boy shorts from the floor and then slip them back on, turning to see Max watching me attentively. “Every time me and you are making love someone always manages to bust through our door and I’m always naked when that happens.”

“Making love?” Max repeated with a sly smirk. I just roll my eyes and shake my head that from my whole statement, those two words were the only ones that interested in him.

But it was true. So far, Max, Zan, Rath, Michael, and Maria have seen me naked, either by flashes or their own eyes or both in Max’s case.

And so far, not that I’m complaining or anything, the only person I’ve seen naked is Max.

“Half our friends have seen me naked Max.” I stress as slip on my Cami and then crawl back in the bed towards him.

“Don’t worry. It’s just me and you tonight.” Max replies with an amused chuckle as he tucked a strand of hair behind my ear.

“What do you mean? Maria and Michael aren’t coming back tonight?” I asked confused as I sit on my legs and place my hand on his stomach, causing him to flex his abs.

“No.” Max answers with an amused nod and then pulls me closer to him, making my right arm brush up against his chest as he cups the side of my neck and pulls me in for a kiss.

“Mmm.” I hum as I pull away with my hand on his wrist and then lick my lips to savor the taste of his. “Where are they? Wait. Wait. Don’t tell me.” I wave off while he laughed, confused on why I quickly changed my mind. “Since we have like an hour before you go to work…”

“No I don’t.” Max replies confused as he shakes his head ‘no’ and then sits up against the headboard.

“But your uniform…” I trail off pointing to his uniform on my vanity seat and then look back to him, more confused then ever.

“My shift ended at 8. Tomorrow is my day off.” Max informs me while I stare at him in bewilderment. “What?”

“Okay? Let me get this straight.” I pause as I crawl beside him and then sit back on my legs. “No one’s here.” I start off as I stand on my knee and then move over to Max, holding his broad shoulders for support as I move to sit on his legs. “And on top of it, tomorrow you don’t work?” I summarize in shock, hinting on the word “and” with surprise. “So the alien invasion starts when?” I ask sarcastically, whilst Max just laughed as he stroked my thighs. “I’m serious Max.”

“I see that.” Max laughs and then his laugh dies down to a small chuckle when I pout at him.

“It’s not funny, Max.” I continue pouting but then realize something...

Max was laughing.

It’s a rare sight to see, like Haley’s Comet, universally unique.

“What?” He asks noticing me staring at him in wonder.

“Nothing.” I say quickly as I shake my head and look down to hide my timid smile. “It’s just nice to see you smile.”

“Yeah. I know what you mean.”

“Um…” I hum, looking up to him as I bit on my bottom lip and then lean closer to kiss him lightly on his lips. “So, what are you planning to do on your day off?”

“You mean besides you…” Max paused as he looked up to pretend he was thinking and then look back down to me. “Yeah, I haven’t planned anything else passed that.”

“Mmm, well since we have a night of pleasure before us how about we do something normal before?”

“Normal? How’s…”

“Ohh. Don’t.” I laugh in warning disbelief when I assumed what Max was gonna ask. “Sex with you is no where near normal.” I inform him as I shake my head.

Definitely not.

“How would you know the difference between normal and not normal?” Max asked with a laugh, seeing me caught of guard by his question.

“Well…” I start off shaking my head with a smile as I think of something sassy to say. “Well, I can assume normal sex doesn’t have flashes, right?”

And then some.

The benefits of being in a girl’s bathroom, at a high school, is that you hear stuff and from what I’ve heard, no one has yet to experience or describe a second or a feeling that I feel when I’m with Max.

“You’re talking to an alien here. How would I know?”

“Oh. Right.” I blush in embarrassment and then look to him to see he’s really enjoying putting my in the spot to where I have to declare he’s the only guy I’ve ever been with. “Well, you know, I can always try it, you know for research purposes.” I say with a mischievous smile.

“Oh yeah?” Max asked in dare as he started to tickle me.

“Max. No. Please. Ok. Max.” I laugh as his naked form pins me underneath him as he continues to tickle me. “Max. Okay. I take it back.” I giggle as I try to hold his hands.

“Say “only with me”.” Max commanded with a chuckle as he continued to tickle me.

“Okay. Okay. Only with you Max.” I laugh, feeling his fingers stop tickling me and then felt his body weigh down on me, where I noticed his smile had disappeared with a look of sorrow.

“I missed you so much Liz.” Max admitted in a whisper as brushed my wild hair back from my face and then kissed me before I could tell him how much I’ve missed him.

Closing my eyes to savor the moment, Max pressed his lips against mine and, like always, with bad timing, my stomach decided to growl loud enough for both to hear it.

“Mmm.” I whine when I feel Max stop before he had a chance to deepen our kiss.

“You’re hungry?” Max asked with a concerned frown.

“Um…”

“When’s the last time you had something to eat?” He asked before I had a chance to answer his first question.

“Um…” Crap! I don’t remember. All I know is that I was so nervous on the way here, I couldn’t eat a thing. And yesterday I was so nervous because I knew I was coming today and the day before that I was even more nervous when I was buying my ticket to come here.

“We can order something.” Max suggested as he leaned over the side of the bed and grabbed his underwear. “What do feel like?”

“I feel like having some Max.” I reply devilishly, flashing him a mischievous smirk when he turns and smiles at me.

“Besides that.” He asks me before he sits up by my legs and slips in his boxer briefs, letting me catch a glimpse of him like I did.

“Um, I have a craving for some…” I pause when for a split second I had a glimpse of Max pressing Ava by the bathroom wall and kissing her wildly. I quickly sit up and stare at the wall before Max returned from the closet with one leg in his jeans.

“Some what?” He asked as he slipped in the other leg and zipped up his zipper.

“Um…” I hum as I try to regain my thought “…some…I think I want some seafood.”

“Ok.” He agreed as he left our room and left me sitting on my legs and rubbing the strap of my Cami pensively.

Was it a mind warp?

Oh God, what the hell happened when I was gone?
Last edited by Crashdown_51 on Tue Apr 26, 2005 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<center>Image
Crashdown_51
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Crashdown_51 »

<center>Chapter 4</center>

<center>Liz's Room</center>

“It had to be a mind warp. It just had to be.” I murmur to myself as I look at my reflection in my bathroom mirror before I splash my face with cold water. Grabbing the hand towel from the towel rack above the toilet, I dry my face with small pats and then turn to look at my messy bed.

The sight alone set butterflies fluttering in my stomach, knowing that I was just ravished by the love of my life, and that there was really no point in fixing the bed because according to Max, we had a night of ravishing in store for us. Only we were on a time out on account of my hungry stomach.

And taking that into consideration, if Max would have done something with Ava, I would have gotten a flash from him. Hey, now that I think of it, this alien trait might not be so bad. It letting me have a watchful eye on my boyfriend from inside his head while I'm away, not that I needed it with Maria living under the same roof as him.

Maybe it was Tess with her games? But then that would mean she would know I’m here, which means that my moments with Max are going to be interrupted soon. But how could she know I came back?

“Ugh.” I exhale as hold my hair up off my shoulders and then turn to my new full-length mirror to see two rosy hickies on the side of my neck. I can’t help but smile when I think of Max’s mouth and tongue making them, making the butterflies flutter with wing speeds made for a hummingbird and did I mention the Goosebumps.

Screw Tess. She’s not ruining this time I have with Max so to hell with her and her mind warps. Now where’s Max?

“Max?” I call out as poke my head out of my room and see him in the kitchen on the phone looking over a piece of paper that I can only assume is the menu. Tip toeing my way to him, I can’t help but drool over how good he looks from behind, so when I get behind him, I wrap my arms around his waist and place my chin on his shoulder blade.

“Um, did you want Alfredo sauce or tomato sauce?” He asked me with a smile as he held the phone against his chest.

“Alfredo.” I answer and then slowly make my way around him, still with my arms hugging him, until I’m pinned between him and the edge of the counter top.

“Right, that’s one large order of Shrimp Linguini in Alfredo Broccoli sauce with extra shrimp.” I hear Max repeat the muffled Peanuts’ teachers’ squeaks from the phone and then look to my hands that had disappeared underneath Max’s shirt to trace his six pack before I look up at him to see him smile at me.

“Yeah, and um…” He paused to clear his throat as a slipped my hand down his pants and grabbed his arousal, maintaining eye contact with him the entire time as a Cheshire cat smile stretched across my face.

“Um, yeah, sorry, two orders of your dozen steamed oysters.” Max continued as his eyes widened for me to stop.

Well, I don’t know about stop, maybe it was a “hold on”, so I did the next best thing any longing girlfriend could do…I stopped…touching him that is and moved on to teasing.

“Right.” I hear him agree with whoever was taking his order while he watched me slip out from between him and the counter and move to the far end side of the counter. “Yes, garlic bread would be fine.” He chokes out distracted by the seducing way I hopped on the counter and smile at him innocently as he makes his way over to me. “152 Main Street.” Max answers as he watches my legs spread apart enough for him to stand between them and then tilts his head to the side as I start to suck on his ear lobe. “555-1946. Parker. Bye.” He quickly hangs up and then looks at me in warning.

“What?” I ask as I innocently bat my eyes and chew on my bottom lip.

“Come here.” Max orders as he hooks my legs with his right arm and scoops me off the counter with his left.

“Max!” I giggle as I hold on to his shoulder with both hands and watch as he lightly maneuvers me to the couch. “I’m sorry.” I apologize with a bashful grin as he lowers me down on the three-seat couch and then sits at the edge of the couch as he leans down to me. “It’s not everyday I can enjoy you without interruptions.”

“I know what you mean.” He replies as he brushes back the wild strands of hair off my face while he looks at me in a daze and I can’t help but gaze back at him like some nerdy school girl with a crush on the hottest guy in school.

It has to be the hair.

And the five o’clock shadow.

And his muscularly tone bronze chest that I can’t help but touch that make him look so much...

“You look older Max.”

Oh God! Did I say that out loud? Uh, I take his unsure expression as a “yes”.

“Is that a good thing or a bad thing?” He questions me curiously as he arches his eyebrow with interest.

“Um, a good thing.” I confess as I bite down on my lip and then touch the edges of his hair. “A very good thing.” I assure him with a smile as he smiles at me.

“You look…”

“Mmm hmm?” He better not say older.

“…more mature.”

“Good answer.” I smile before I pull him down to steal a kiss but his weight on me made the edge of whatever was poking my on my side, poke into me harder, which made it impossible to ignore anymore. “Ouch.” I wince, feeling Max lift off me while I dig behind me.

“What?”

“Something’s…” I trail off as I pull out the alien Destiny book from behind me and then look straight to Max for an explanation. “What’s this doing here?” I questioned him as I sit up and place the book on my lap to wait for my answer. It better be a good one because our agreement was to never bring back the alien artifacts we found to avoid being haunted by the Destiny the book had planned out for the Royal Four. Four? Man, why do I have a feeling Tess is involved in this? “I thought we agreed on not bringing these out again…because we’re together, right?” I question skeptically as the previous flash of Max and Ava appears abruptly in my suspicious thoughts.

What if with stopping Tess and Max from getting together, Max was then destined to be with Ava, like some back up plan? It’s possible, I mean they are genetically engineered to be with each other.

“We were never apart.” I finally hear Max answer but not sure if he’s answering my question or my thoughts.

“So, did something happen?” I ask in anyway he’ll take it, hopefully he doesn’t answer the question I really want to ask “if something happened between him and Ava”.

“Yes.”

“Yes?”

“No.”

“No?” I repeat even more confused.

“W-We’re not sure.” Max rambles with frustration as he turns to face the TV, leaving me to see him from the side as he runs his fingers through his hair in aggravation.

“Wha-uh? What do you mean you’re not sure?” I question with a shaky voice, fearing on what he might answer.

“I mean things have been weird since you left and some of the things are too bizarre to come up with a reasonable explanation.”

Okay, I’m officially lost. What the hell is he talking about?

“Like what?” I choke out as I hug my knees to me.

This can’t be good.

Max cheated on me with Ava. I left and he found comfort in Ava’s arms and it’s all my fault. I should have stayed. I was so busy worrying about myself that…no I’m not only to blame here. She was made to be with him and Ava’s not like Tess, we all like her and now Max and her are together.

Oh my God! What if she’s pregnant? I mean, I don’t know how many times Zan and Tess actually had sex in order to come up with a scientific percentage of the chances of getting pregnant when two aliens get together!

Oh God.

Just breathe.

Breathe.

“Liz, do you really want to hear this now?” Max asks me after letting out a deep sigh.

“Yes and no.”

“Which is it?” Max questions me as he turns to face me. He’s no longer smiling or gazing at me like he was before, which only means what he’s about to say to me definitely is alien related.

“I-I…”
<center>Image
Crashdown_51
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Crashdown_51 »

<center>Chapter 5

Parker Residence

Living Room</center>

Do I really want to hear it now?

What does that mean anyway? I’m sorry Liz, I have some bad news for you but I just wanted to be with you before I told you. Is that what he thinks? Would he really try to enjoy me as much as he could before he told me this terrible secret?

No.

He wouldn’t.

This is Max I’m talking about here, not some sleazy caveman.

But I should really be the one to talk, right? I have so many things to tell Max, things I should have told him before we...but the moment was…unstoppable. And if mine are bad enough to practically guarantee to get Max angry, I can just imagine his.

“Liz?” I hear Max call out to me as he touches my leg which makes me think about Max pressing his body against Ava. “Do you really want to know?” He repeats again in a nervous tone, which only makes me worry more.

A take a breath, look him straight in his dark eyes and try to read his secret through them…

But I can’t.

“Liz?” He calls out to me again, this time I answer “yes” with a hesitant nod and then look at my feet to prepare for the blowing secret. But instead, Max lets out a defeated sigh and then stands up, making his way towards the entrance to my room.

“Wait. Max. Where are you going?” I ask shaking my head in confusion as I give him a quizzical look, not understanding why he was going to my room instead of him telling me that Ava and him…

“You wanted to know, right?”

“Yeah, but-”

“So get dressed.” He orders, cutting me off and then disappearing into my room, leaving me in the living room with a mouthful of words.

I stay a few moments, looking at the empty space that Max was just standing at and then look back down to the Destiny Book. “Please.” I plead in a worried whisper as I trace the whirlwind symbol on the metal cover, which caused me to get a quick bright flash.

‘Isabel!’ I hear suddenly in a yearning moan, combined with a quick glimpse of not Alex ravishing Isabel…but a vision of Isabel being ravished by Rath instead.

“Ugh!” I gasp in disgust, tossing the Destiny Book to the farthest seat cushion on the couch and just stare at it in dismay.

What the hell was that?

What the hell is going on here?

Max with Ava and now Isabel with Rath?

Did I miss something? Is it April Fools Day or something?

“Someone has to be messing with my head.” I whisper to myself as a slowly get up and then run off into my room, catching Max sitting at the end of the bed, bent forward as he tied his shoes.

“What?” He asked in deep concern, tying the last bow tight and then moving quickly to me to cup my cheek with one hand and hold my waist by the other.

“What happened here Max?” I ask firmly as he brushed my hair back. I could almost swear he suspects I’ve had a vision but instead of explaining, he lets go of me and turns his back to me.

“Get dressed.” He repeats his order in a low tone and then looks around the room until he spots my jeans beneath my bedroom window.

“I don’t want to get dressed. I want to know what happened here, Max.” I demand harshly as I cross my arms and tap my foot impatiently.

“I know.” Max snaps back defensively. I bite back on my lower lip, awaiting him to spill whatever it is he wants to say but he just exhales loudly and then picks up my pants. “I know.” He repeats softly before turns to me with his head lowered in shame while he picks at the denim material between his fingers. “Just get dressed and I promise I’ll show you.” He orders as he moves back towards me and then hands me my jeans.

Show me? Show me what?

I look at him skeptically before I take my jeans from him and hold them close to me as he exits out the room, closing the door behind him. I don’t know what is happening, but his absence and the uncomfortable tension I now feel between us suddenly caused the room to turn cold and unfamiliar to my skin.

I quickly slip on my jeans and then move to my closet to pull out one of my zip up sweatshirts. I could feel my palms start to sweat and a sharp pinch in my head that I rub as I bend down to collect my shoes and socks that where placed carelessly by my bag. Spotting the corner spirals of my notebook peeking out the side, I rush to tuck it back in out of sight and then sit on the floor. I put on my socks and shoes and then grab my book bag before I storm out the room into the living room.

The second Max notices my presence, he stands up at attention from the couch and then takes a step forward as he gripped his car keys nervously in his hands.

“Let’s go.” I order with power as I grip apprehensively to the book bag strap. Max simply nodded and then moved to the front door, opening it for me to go out first and then followed close behind me after locking up.

<center>~~*~~</center>

I was a nervous wreck the entire drive, watching the scenery pass us by but not really acknowledging where we were until we finally pulled over.

“Um, Max?” I call out in surprise when I see we pulled up in front of a seafood restaurant, The Blue Clam.

“I’m just gonna get the food.”

“The food?” Is he serious?

“Um, knowing Michael, he’s probably starving.”

“Michael?” I question as I watch him remove his seat belt and open the driver’s side door enough for his foot to touch the asphalt. “I thought you were going to show me something?”

“Just hold on.” Max advises and then climbs out the car completely, leaving me again with a mouthful of words.

“Un-believable.” I retort in utter shock as I watch him walk in front of the car and into the restaurant. “I can’t believe he’s actually going to get food now! Now from all times and on top of it, he’s thinking about Michael’s stomach instead of my heart.”

‘Riiinnnng’ ‘Riiinnnnggg’

Crap! Come on, where are you stupid phone? I know I put you in here.

“There you are!” Who could it be? “Hello?”

‘Elizabeth?’

“Eddie? Is that you?”

‘Yes. I have news.’

“Really?”

‘Yes, I’ll be in Roswell in a few hours.’

“Oh, okay. I’ll be here.” I quickly flip my cell phone shut and toss it back inside my book bag when I spot Max coming back. Tucking my hair behind my ear, I watch as he struggles to balance the bags of food and open the driver’s side door. Once he was adjusted in his seat, he started the engine and then looked at me just as I crossed my arms and pouted so he could know I’m mad.

But he doesn’t say anything.

Instead, he shifts into ‘reverse’, pulls out the parking lot and drives off.

<center>~~*~~</center>

I start feeling the sharp pain in my head again, so I quickly shut my eyes and rub my temples to relieve the tension.

“Are you okay?” I hear Max ask in a worried tone.

“Fine.” I huff under my breath and then pinch the bridge of my nose.

“Are you mad at me?”

“I think I have to see what you want me to see first before I can give you an official verdict.” I answer before I open my eyes and shoot him a warning look. I press my elbow on the edge of the door and do a double take look out the window when I realize we were heading towards his parents house.

It wasn’t until we pulled up in front of the Evan’s residence that my heart started to beat. I was mentally counting each step to the front door and was about to seconds away from passing out as I watched Max insert his spare key into the lock and lightly kicking the door open.

“Hello?” Max calls out as he sets the food on the nearest tabletop to the door.

“Maxwell?” I hear from the living room before Michael’s head pops out. “Liz?” He questions in shock as he fully stepped out towards us, revealing the remote controller in one of his hands and a half-empty bottle of Snapple in the other.

“Liz?” I hear from behind him too before I could say ‘hello’ and then soon see Maria’s face light up in surprise. “Liz!”

“Maria!” I find myself shouting in happiness as we run to each other and hug. All I hear is rambling coming out from both our mouths, which is totally expected. The joy of seeing my best friend has literally prevented me from stringing together an understandable sentence and so had all the jumping up and down.

“Oh my God, your hair. Your tan. Tell me everything. When did you get in? Why did you take so long? “

“Whoa. Whoa. Maria. One question at a time.” I advise, overwhelmed and amused by her curiosity.

“Just leave her. I’m hoping she passes out from lack of oxygen.” Michael sarcastically retorts, only to get an icy stare from me. "What? What did I say?” He asked defensively, which makes my anger tone down a bit just in case my visions were just a figment of some Antarian alien’s sick idea of a joke.

“Sorry, Michael.” I quickly apologize as I shake my head and rub my forehead. “I’ve just had a bad headache.”

“Oh, well, Momma DeLuca’s here to take care of you. Michael. Go. Go get her something.” She orders, pointing behind her with her thumb and then guided me into the living room. “So where did you go? Why didn’t you call me? Did you know Buffy died to save Dawn? Look at you, you’re looking hot. Were you a work out plan?”

“Wait, Buffy died? Again?”

“Yeah, she did the whole City of Angels, dive off a building thing into the fiery pits of hell, but no worries, season 6 is coming up.”

Maria. What would I ever do without her?

But one thing I did notice, that her and Michael were fine, well, as fine as those two can be.

“Here.” Michael huffs as he tosses me a small plastic bottle of Tylenol.

“Um, Michael. I hope producing water is a new alien trick you’ve managed to learn on your long journey from the kitchen here…”

“You said get her “something”. Tylenol falls under that category. Water falls under “things”, meaning two. No “S”. No water.” Michael declares with a shrug and then lazy throws him self on the couch.

Just as he plops down on the couch, the loud cries of a baby could be heard from the kitchen causing all our heads to snap to that direction.

The first person I look to is Max, whose face was as pale as snow. His lips start to move, clearly with attempts to try and give me an explanation. Swallowing back my tears, I look over to Michael, who looks away while smoothing out the back of his hair and then looks over to Maria, just when I do, to see her pinch her mouth closed and shake her head.

It’s obvious that no one intended me to hear a baby crying from everyone’s shocked expressions, just like no one expected me to storm off to investigate.

“Liz. Wait.” I can hear Max call out to me which only makes my pace quicken and my mental plea for it not to be Mama Ava cradling baby Max even stronger.

“Liz?” I hear first before my eyes focus on the petite blonde.

“Ava??” Oh my God! I can't breathe. I then feel Max press up behind me to hold my up and I can literally start to feel my blood boil. "Max?" I call out as I try to contain my anger.

"Yeah?" He answers as I tilt my head to the side and back to see his face.

"I got the verdict. And you can consider me officially pissed off."
Last edited by Crashdown_51 on Sat Sep 03, 2005 5:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
<center>Image
Crashdown_51
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Crashdown_51 »

<center>Chapter 6

Evan's Place

Kitchen
</center>

“It’s not what it looks like.” Max explained as he held out his hands infront of him defensively. I just glare at him and shake my head is disbelief that he would actually try and make an excuse for a clear scene.

“Really Max? So it doesn’t look like Ava’s holding her baby.” I shout and then smack him on his chest. “Your baby.”

“Liz…”

“No! You, stay out of this!” I shout to Ava, pointing to her in warning when she tried to talk. “I trusted you. Zan trusted you.” I swallow the bitter rage that’s burning a knot in my throat and then focus to the small baby in her arms. It was the mere fact that she had her baby in her arms that prevented me from blasting her to kingdom come, because my will power alone was just not strong enough to hold me back. “I saw you two.” My voice is dispirited, cracking, and my sights move to my hand that’s picking at the loose piece of plaster on the tiles of the kitchen island.

“It’s Tess, Liz!” Max shouted, but I just huff and roll my eyes in aggravation. Two minutes ago, I would’ve believed what I had seen to be one of Tess’ mind tricks, but now, it’s like they’re patronizing me. “Liz?” Max calls out to me as he grabs me from my arms and pulls me to stand infront of him, shaking me a bit so I could look up at him.

“What?” I shout back and then finally allow his eyes to connect with mine.

“I’m not Ava.” I hear from behind me and then slowly turn to face her as she smiles weakly to me.

“She’s not Ava.” Max repeats desolately, but I don’t look at him. Instead, I look to Maria, who’s now holding the baby, and Michael, who’s giving me a reassuring look to confirm that the Antarian standing before me truly is Tess Harding.

“I’m Tess, Liz.” She confirms what I already have pieced together.

“Oh, well in that case…” I shrug sarcastically before I bite my lip and slap her with all the strength I could gather within me. I don’t understand why they would think that by it being Tess instead of Ava, it would make situations better.

“Liz.” I hear everyone gasp as I watch her with enjoyment as she falls to the floor and then feel Max’s hands pulling me away from my attempts to tower over her.

“Bitch!” I shout at the top of my lungs. Max wraps his arm around my waist, struggling to keep me back and get a hold of my aggression. “I’ll kill you!” I scream down to her just as my voice decides to strain. She turns to look at me, with the back of her hand against her cheek and her mouth opened from the shocking blow that made my hand burn. I desperately try to break out of Max’s hold, pushing him away by pulling on his shirt, a thread away from ripping it as I try to lunge at her again.

“Liz.” I hear Max call out for me to stop. It was only the sight of Maria and Michael shielding the baby that got me to stop trying to reach Tess. I let my hands drop down, then feel my breath slowly stabilizing and Max’s hold on my hips lightened. “It’s okay.” Max whispered to me as he rubbed my back as I stare coldly at Tess.

“It’s not okay.” I retort, keeping my eyes on Tess as I push him away from me and then run off into the living room.

I start to pace back and forth, knowing that soon my body is gonna catch up to my heart and collapse in pain. Just the thought of Tess, the girl partly responsible for the loss of my baby, playing mommy in the kitchen with my boyfriend and friends around acting as if she’s part of the family…it just made me sick.

“Pissed.” I hear Michael question before I look at him, shoving his hands in his pocket and prolonging his tense shrug.

“Understatement of the world.” I huff and continue pacing back and forth as I grab handfuls of my hair in frustration. When I see Max walk in room, I roll my eyes, exhale loudly to make my aggravation noticed, and then move to the living room entryway with my arms crossed as I watch Max move to the center of the room with clear intents to explain.

“Liz…”

“Don’t.” I command as I hold my finger up to Max. “Just don’t, okay?” I advise firmly and then smack his offering arm away twice before I feel my bottom lip start to tremble. I try to bite back my pout, but the knot in my throat is forcing my eyes to water in pain, which causes me to let out a small whimper. Max reaches for me, but I hopelessly fall to my knees and start rocking myself for comfort as cry into the palms of my hands.

“Liz, please.” I hear Max plead as he holds me close and lightly strokes my hair. He scent and his touch is what soothes my cries slowly into sniffles, but it’s the same scent and touch that makes me want to give up. I hear the baby cry again, which snaps me back into reality just in time to hear what Max whispered in my ear. “If it were up to any of us, Tess wouldn’t be breathing, Liz.” He confesses in a bitter tone, which lets me know he’s just as angry with her presence as I am and that consoles me more.

“Then why is she here?” I cry into his chest and then hug his body closer to mine.

“Her baby needs our protection.” Max replied in a compassionate tone and then leans back to see my face.

“Protection?” I repeat as he wipes my tears away with the patch of his thumb and then brushes the loose strands of my hair back away from my face. “From who?”

“I don’t know.” My stomach turns at the sound of her voice answering before Max could. I look to the right, passed Max arm, to see Tess bouncing her baby on her hip and looking at me with a distressed plea. “Please, I know I’m the last person that should be asking you this, but please, you have to trust me.”

I wipe the tear that I swear to myself, like countless times, is the last and then move to get back up to my feet with Max’s help.

“I trust Max.” I answer coldly and then hold Max as tight as my arms would allow.

“That’s good enough for me.” Tess replies and then moves into my line of vision. “All I ask is that you just hear me out.”

I loosen my hold on Max to straighten my clothes and then move to the couch that’s against the wall without saying a word, preparing myself for whatever’s about to come out of Tess’s mouth.

“Thank you.” Tess whispers as she lowers her head and then moves over to Maria, a motion that naturally triggered me to fear for Maria’s safety, but the touch of Max’s hand on my thigh told me to calm down. “Maria, can you?” She questions as she hands the baby over to Maria. A sight that made me feel like Maria had betrayed me, betrayed our friendship somehow, it’s crazy, but it’s what I feel. Towards her…Michael…and Max. I even feel betrayal towards this house, like I almost expected it to keep her out, keep evil out like the cheesy vampire stereotype.

The shadow of Maria leaving the room was what made my head look up to Tess, who was moving to sit on the couch opposite to us while Michael sat beside me. I twiddle my fingers on my knees as I wait nervously for someone to talk, but deep down inside, I’m praying that no one does because it’ll be just another issue that we’ll all suffer from in the long run.

“You changed something.” Tess started as she tucked her blonde curls behind her ears.

“Excuse me?” I respond in offense, arching my eyebrows in disbelief as I eye her up and down.

“When you came back…in time, you changed something, changed what was suppose to be.”

“Look, if you’re gonna start your delusional destiny crap, just save it okay, because I’ve had enough of it!” I shout as a stand up.

“Liz, just sit down and close your pie hole for like two seconds.” Michael huffed as he held his head up with his index finger and thumb supporting his chin with his elbow propped up on the arm of the couch.

“Hey.” Max warned, look at Michael from behind me and then lightly grabbed my wrist. “Liz, just sit down, okay? I’ll explain everything.” He vows as he looks up at me in pleading promise. I take a second to look at Tess, who’s practically lingering on what I’m going to do, and then sit back down with my arms and legs crossed and my foot shaking impatiently. Max turns to face me, entwining his fingers with mine and then letting out a sigh before he cleared his throat.

“Look, there’s nothing to it.” Michael exhaled as he scooted up to the edge of the couch and then held on to his thigh as he faced me. “Liz, what Tess is trying to say is, when you changed our destinies, you ended up screwing us instead.”

“What?” I question in bewilderment and then turn to look at Max for a clear, and not so blunt, explanation. “Max?”

“It’s not her fault Michael.” Max quickly defends looking behind me to shoot Michael a glare before he straightened up and faced me to explain. “See, the thing is…Liz, w-when changing something natural, l-like death,” he pauses to connect his eyes with mine and then looks down to our joined hands “Well, there are certain consequences to time travel. Changing something as powerful as Death…well, i-it alters the fate of what should have been and causes a bad chain reaction.”

“Wait, so what are you saying Max? That what’s happened to us…the baby, our parents…it’s my fault?”

“Yes.” Tess answers indifferently.

“No.” Max firmly states in his “Raging Bull” tone. “It’s no one’s fault but mine.”

“Max.” Tess gasped in disagreement, clearly blaming me for whatever consequence she’s endured, but none as big as mine.

“It’s my fault.” Max declares as he turns my head to face him by softly pulling my chin and then looks directly into my eyes. “It’s my fault, you hear?” He repeats looking into my eyes to assure me he’s to blame.

“Max, I…”

“Liz, when you came to me that night in my room. I thought I was dreaming.” He admits in a daze as he cups my cheek with one hand and brushes it with his thumb as I caress his hand. “I had dreamed of you so much that when I saw you standing there, in my room, I didn’t think it could be real. Especially when you told me the one thing I'd never thought I'd hear, but always dreamed of hearing you say. That we were going out and we were hopelessly in love. You told me that the love you felt for me was so strong, that on the night you came back, you gave yourself to me completely.”

“Too much information, Maxwell.” Michael coughed out in shock, just as Tess mumbled something so low that I couldn’t hear, but I can surely bet they were words of jealousy.

“I couldn’t believe that-that you were mine. That you could love me as much as I did then and still do now, so you proved it to me.”

“Whoa! Maxwell! When did this conversation get “R” rated? What happened to "G" rated, “consequences of time travel”?”

“Shut up Michael!” Both Max and I shout at the same time, knowing he twisted Max’s beautiful words into something sexual.

“I was talking about the memories.” Max clarified in annoyance just as Michael stood up.

“Then say “memories”. We don’t have time nor the patience for you poetry, Romeo.” Michael declared as he sat back down and crossed his arms before looking at me. “So she proved it to you…” Michael repeated in frustration as he waved his hand in a circle for Max to continue explaining. “Come on Maxwell, game starts in 20.”

“No one said you had to be here, Michael.” Max pointed out, clearly annoyed by Michael’s comments as I am.

“I’m Second-in-Command.” Michael answers in an “as-a-matter-of-fact” tone.

“So?” Max questions, not seeing his point.

“So? So that means I have to be present for all meetings.” Michael shrugs smugly and then winks at me. “Even one’s as boring as this one.”

“No one said you had to be second-in-command either.” Max warns as he desperately tries to firm up his amused tone. I try and hide my smile behind the cover of my hair and then look to Max, who flashed me a small smirk as he shook his head.

“Yeah, cause there’s a better man for the job?” Michael huffed snobbishly.

‘Man’ being the operative word, Michael.” I point out with a small laugh.

“Yeah, bite me Liz. Fully.” He retorts and then stands up, letting out a snort when he looked to Max. “Replace me? Yeah, with who? Kyle? Alex?” Michael questioned, letting out a humoring chuckle after mentioning Alex’s name. “Yeah, keep dreaming on that one, Maximus.” Michael shrugged as he started to head towards the kitchen.

“Where are you going?” Max questioned as he leaned forward a bit to see Michael.

“I’m gonna make me a sandwich. Just make sure this living room is cleared by the time I get back.” He warned before he disappeared into the kitchen. Max looks at me and we shake our heads to Michael being Michael, but then both our smiles drop when Tess clears her throat to re-establish her presence.

“Max.” She calls out in a serious tone for him to continue. I just look at her with hate, hating that she witnessed one of our small rants and that she has the opportunity to say Max’s name. Possessive, I know. But I know she’s not here to make amends for all the things she’s done. She’s here for a reason and one reason only, because she’s force to be and I’ll do just about anything to eliminate the reason that makes her have to stay under the same roof as ours, let alone the same world.

“The memories.” Max mumbles to himself to pick up where he left off. “Liz,” He starts off again, holding my hand and looking at me with a blank face “that night you came back, all you were suppose to do was stop me from saving your life and that’s it.” I shake my head trying to figure out what they were saying in between the lines, but a part of me doesn’t want to figure it out. I want to be naïve, to believe Max and me were together because we were meant to be, but as long as Tess is around and that stupid Destiny Book, I have to replace “naïve” with “denial”.

“But I didn’t.” I finish off, setting the final piece of the puzzle that completes what he’s trying to tell me. “I gave you my memories.” I add in conclusion to his riddle and see him lower his head before he nods in agreement.

“Stopping me from saving you was suppose to stop me from finding out who I really was.”

“Because Valenti would’ve never shown me the pictures of the other bodies.” I state finally understanding what was happening to me back at the Navajo Reservoir, but by the confused looks Max and Tess were giving me, I can see I’m the only one now that has everything figured out.

“W-what pictures?” Max questions after a stumbling hesitation.

“You don’t remember, do you?” I question as I pick at my nails.

“Remember what?” He asks as I stand up and move to the door.

I find my bag and bring out the worn notebook, touching the whirlwind symbol I drew bitterly with my pen. From the entry in the notebook, I was so angry to know that Max had slept with Tess in my future self’s life, that the symbol was drawn so hard that it was practically an engraving.

Coming back into the room, I look at the cover one last time before I hug it protectively to me and then stand infront of Max while Tess hangs at the end of her seat.

She doesn’t deserve to be her, but if Max says she has to, then there must be a legitimate reason. I just didn’t know that I was it.

“This is why I remember.” I confess as I turn the notebook to face Max and then hand it to him.

“What is this?” He questions as he hesitantly takes the book from me and then looks up at me for an answer.

“The answer to who’s looking for Tess’s baby and why.”
Last edited by Crashdown_51 on Wed Sep 28, 2005 5:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
<center>Image
Crashdown_51
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Crashdown_51 »

<center>Chapter 7

Evan’s PlaceLiving Room
</center>

“What?” Tess exclaims as she stalks over to us. Max quickly stands up and puts his arm between us, to stop Tess from coming near me. She takes the motion as a warning to sit back down and does so cautiously. Lucky for her, she did, because I had other ways on make her sit.

Once she was back in her seat, I look to Max and start pacing back and forth again.

“This all makes since now.” I say to myself as I run my fingers through my hair and then stop to face Max with my arms crossed. “River Dog said that the only way I would understand what haunts me is if I get back to you.”

“River Dog?” Max repeats with confusion. “What does River Dog have to do with this?”

“Nothing and everything.” I answer with a chuckle of relief and then look in the direction of the kitchen when I hear a ruckus. “Michael!” I shout on my tippy toes and then plant my feet on the ground when I see his shadow on the wall, knowing he was coming.

“What? Is it over?” Michael questioned with a mouthful of his sandwich.

“You said you were second-in-command, right?”

“Yeah, so?” He answers me with an indifferent shrug.

“Well, this you have to hear.” I tell him almost in glee for how clear everything was becoming. “Max, that night on my balcony, the night I asked you to give me my future self’s memories…”

“Yeah?”

“After you left, I wrote down everything. In here.” I inform him as I point at the notebook in his hands. “See, I knew that if I wrote everything in my journal, then someday, Michael or somebody was going to steal it and read it.”

“Amazing. I’m still getting lip about something past…future me did.” Michael spat all cotton-mouthed with breadcrumbs flying out and his eyes rolling. “How many times do I have to say it? I didn’t touch your stupid journal this time, even though I should with all the crap you and Maria keep giving me about it.” He defends before swallowing the contents in his mouth.

“Whatever, point is, when you guys left to Antar, I didn’t want this notebook around to remind me of what we could’ve had.” I look desolately to Max, remembering how depressed I was the months that he was away, and then chew on my lower lip to keep myself from bursting into tears. “I-I…I thought I had lost you.” I confess in a low murmur. Max’s hand cups my cheek and I instinctively cuddle into it after kissing his palm. “Max, I gave the notebook to River Dog and made Eddie promise me that if anything were to happen to me or if anything alien were to happen, that he leave the Mescalero Reservation with River Dog and go somewhere safe.”

“Where?” Max questioned me in a curious tone.

“Where I’ve been this entire time.” I answer him in a whisper, not really wanting to give away my exact whereabouts infront of Tess just incase I needed sanctuary again.

The Navajo Reservoir had become a second home to me, with spiritual closure in a way since it was the last place I was able to spend time with Grandma Claudia and my parents before the tragic car accident that took them away from me.

When I got there, the people were welcoming, telling me how River Dog’s said nothing but good things about me and comforting stories of Grandma Claudia’s time with them while she was writing her book on the Navajo Indians.

“When I was there, Eddie gave me back the notebook when…” I paused knowing I was about to tell him something I’m not yet prepared to tell him, especially not infront of Tess.

“When what?” Max questioned in a soft voice but his eyes far from soft. They were back to Raging Bull mode…dark, unreadable and a second away from loosing it, a secure bet, if I told him what was happening to my body at the time…what’s still happening.

“Um…” I hum in a panic as I look over to Tess and then back to him “I’ll tell you later.” I promise him, but he shoots me a skeptic look.

“So, who’s after Zan?” Tess asked, breaking the tension there was between Max and me.

Zan?” I repeat in confusion.

“She named her baby Zan.” Max whispered, shoving his hands in his pockets and shrugged indifferently.

“Zan?” I repeat to him in surprise and can’t help but feel envious. I know I would never name my son, Zan, but it still irks me that her baby is still connected to Max in the smallest of ways. “After…” I linger on the “R” for Max to fill in my worries.

“He’s not my son.” Max answers with resent after looking at me in shock that I would actually think that he would sleep with Tess.

“I’m sorry, Max.” I apologize as I rub my forehead to ease the tension that was starting to make me feel lightheaded. “The visions…”

“It’s okay.” Max replies with another shrug and then moves to sit beside Michael. I know I made a mistake of assuming Max could’ve been the father, and I truly am sorry for thinking it, even though I know he doesn’t believe me.

“Who’s after my son?” Tess repeats with more desperation.

“Um, I don’t know exactly.” I admit as I rub my forehead again, this time joined by chunks of nausea trying to creep up my throat. “But-but I do know that it has to do with Rev.”

“Rev?” Tess exclaimed in a manner I took as her fearing him.

“What?” Both Max and Michael questioned in shock and anger.

“What does he have to do with this?” Max asked coldly with a flicker of fire in his eyes. His dark eyes that only remind me of Isabel’s eyes when Khivar brought out the essence of Vilandra she had buried inside her, and makes me shiver on the thought of him becoming Zan.

“He, um…” I burp out silently as the room starts to spin. “He, uh…”

“Liz?” I hear Max call out to me but all I see is a distorted blob of where he was.

“Not now.” I whisper to myself when I start to feel dizzy. I close my eyes to keep from vomiting at the sight of the room spinning beyond recollection, but closing my eyes doesn’t stop the feeling. The feeling of being in the center of a merry-go-round, with your arms and legs wrapped around tightly to one of the metal handles while you desperately try to stay on as it spins wildly. “Liz?” I hear Max call out one last time before my eyes focus on the ceiling and then see…darkness.

It’s dark.

I feel like my bodies floating on air but still feel the wild emotions of being on a merry-go-round.

Fear.

Excitement.

The adrenaline pumping through my veins rapidly before the weightlessness puts me in a serene state and making my heartbeat echo elegantly throughout my body like the ocean waves. Each beat vibrating beneath my skin and tickling my eardrums in a steady rhythm. A rhythm that could be no more soothing than the scent that surrounded me.

Max’s scent.

I can smell him all over me which wraps me in a comforting feeling of security.

My eyes open weakly and I can see the bluest sky that I have ever seen in my life. I smile and then subconsciously stretch myself with a subtle purr before I realize I’m resting on a bed of wild flowers and soft blazes of grass that tower over the flowers.

“Max?” I call out as I sit up and see that I’m at the top of a hill.

‘Elizabeth.’ I hear faintly in the wind but don’t see anyone in sight.

“Max?” I call out again, this time on my feet where I realize that I’m barefoot and wearing a linen sundress that had a faint feeling of familiarity. Looking at the linen material, it finally dawns on me that I had a similar dress when I was a little girl.

“Lizzy, there you are.”

“Dad?” I question when I see the image of him smiling at me.

“Come on. It’s gonna rain soon.” He tells me with a wave to follow him. My heart sinks and my eyes start to fill with tears when I see him walk down the hill to where my mom and grandma were waiting with a smile of their own.

“Come on Honey Bear.” Grandma Claudia waves to me while my mom holds on to her sun hat and waves as well.

“Grandma.” I murmur in a cry. I see them but I know it isn’t real. I have to be dreaming, but what a dream. I run down the hill and run straight into my grandmothers’ arms. If this truly was a dream, it was the realest dream I’ve ever had. I can smell her perfume, feel her soft skin, and…a raindrop fall on my shoulder.

“Oh, we better hurry.” My mom advises in worry. I pull away from Grandma and then touch my mothers’ arm to get her to look at me.

“I love you. I love you guys with all my heart.” I whimper before my tears escape me. “I just wanted you to know that.”

“Well, we love you too, Honey Bear.” Grandma laughs with confusion and then hugs me again. “Tell me something, Dear.” She starts before she pulls away and shakes my chin lightly. “Are you happy?” I hear her ask before the three of us look up at the clouded sky when a bolt of lightning lit the sky and startled us all when the thunder pulsed beneath our feet.

“We better…” Just as I was about to suggest we hurry, I look back down and see my mom and Grandma, running hand in hand as my dad waved for them to hurry, holding the back passenger door open to his car and covering his head with a folded newspaper. “Wait!” I shout, stretching my hand to reach them before I actually start to run. I feel two more raindrops, then three, and then a shower of them falling repeatedly, making the field darker and harder to see. “Dad!” I shout and look around me in a panic when I can no longer see the car. “Grandma!” I shout louder, feeling my dress get heavy and my hair start to curl. “Mom!” I shout turning around, straightening my neck when I feel a rough hand grip tightly at my throat before another flash of lightning hit, allowing me to see Rev smiling at me smugly.

“Muah nit.” He whispers in my ear after taking a deep, longing, breath of my hairs’ scent.

Tears fall from my eyes, mixing with the raindrops streaking down my face, as he slowly pulls me back to see my face and then smiles again. His free hand slides up my dress, up my side and holds on to my waist as he pulls me back to him in one rough pull.

“No.” I yelp in a cry and close my eyes tightly when he licks my cheek with a grunt.

“Muah nit.” He repeats again, only this time I listen and wake up.

“No.” I scramble back screaming before I notice it was Isabel looking over me with her hands on the side off my face.

“Liz?” I hear Max before I feel him wrap his arms around me while I’m gasping for air.

“I want to go home, Max. I want to go home.” I cry in repetition as he rocks me in his arms and holds my head against his chest. “I want to go home. I want to go home.”
Last edited by Crashdown_51 on Wed Sep 28, 2005 6:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
<center>Image
Crashdown_51
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Crashdown_51 »

<center>Chapter 8

Evan's Residence
</center>

“I want to go home. I want to go home.”

I want to cry…to scream, but ‘I want to go home’ is all that seems to be making it out of my mouth.

“What did you see?” Max shouts to Isabel in distress and then continues to rock me in his arms. “Huh, Liz? What did you see? What did you see?” His tone softness as he smoothes my hair back and kisses my forehead.

“Max, it was horrible.” Isabel answers for me with a noticeable tremble of fear in her voice. “He’s inside her head. It felt so real. Max, it felt so real.”

“Who? Who’s inside her head?” Max badgers in a tone of grief that echoes in his chest and rings in my ear.

“Rev, Max. It was so real.”

Yeah, Rev is in my head all right, but it’s Tess that I need to get away from to get better. Her being around, being so close to me is making me loose what little control I had gained over my body at the reservoir this past month. Their concern for me just for fainting would seem insignificant compared to if I was effected completely by Rev’s unannounced visit. That’s why I have to get away from her before it really does happen.

“Okay, Liz. I’ll take you home. Just hang on, okay?” I hear him promise as he hooks one arm underneath my legs and wraps the other around my back to scoop me up effortlessly off the couch.

“Move Tess.” I hear him order as I cuddle into the crook of his neck.

“Wait. Where are you taking her?”

“Home.”

“What? No. Wait. She can’t leave yet. She has to tell me who’s after my son, Max. Max!”

“She’s going home Tess.” Max shouts at first and than his tone lowers, but doesn’t lose it’s commanding pitch. “You waited a month for an answer, you can wait another day.”

“Max! You can’t do this.” She shouts and then Max stops abruptly before he turns to face her.

“Watch me.” He tells her bluntly and then turns to where I can see Michael, Isabel, Alex, Kyle and Maria standing with stunned expressions. “Let’s go.” I hear Max order, but only see, Michael, Isabel, and Maria move before I doze off again.

<center>~~~~</center>

“Wake up, Liz.” I hear as I feel me cheek lightly being brushed.

“No!” I shout, scrambling back to sit up before I realize that I’m in a moving car and it’s Max telling me to wake up, not Rev.

“It’s okay, Liz.” Maria assures me, touching my shoulder. "It's okay."

“Yeah, we’re going home.” Michael announces from the driver’s seat as I look around in a delirium before I narrow my sight to Max beside me.

I bite my lip in embarrassment and then throw my arms around him before I start to cry again.

It always happens like this, to the point where I’m as fragile as those ceramic antique dolls and I hate it.

The expression ‘what doesn’t kill you makes you stronger’ seems like a crock to me now because everything I went through this last couple of years has bizarrely weakened me. I’m a mess and ashamed, especially around Max.

Here, I’m suppose to be the second strongest of the group after Max, and instead, I’m a blubbering idiot.

Definitely not the girl Max fell in love with.

I’m not suppose to break down like some withered machine.

I’m suppose to be the one that fights back or dies trying, but I’m from that.

“We’re here, Liz.” Max announces to me before he slides out the opposite side, after Maria, and then appears at my door to help me out. “I got you,” he reassures me as he wraps his arm around me and guides me to the front entrance.

<center>~~~~</center>

It’s not until we’re alone inside our room that I start to sob freely. It’s shame that hits me the most and causes me to lie on my side in the center of the bed and hug my legs close to me.

“Liz, I don’t know what to do.” I hear him confess before I feel my body tilt to the side when he sits beside me and rubs my back. “Tell me what to do Liz.”

Sniffling, I sit up, stripping myself of my shirt and then remove his before I cuddle into the warmth of his bare chest.

“Just stay with me,” I plead as I press my ear against his chest to hear his heartbeat.

“I promise.” Max answers softly, collecting and setting the length of my hair over my shoulder to caress the naked sections of my back. “Come on. Stand up.” He orders, helping me up by holding on to my elbow and then starts unbuttoning my jeans, stripping me of everything except my panties. “Lie down.” He adds as he lifts up the covers and signals for me to get inside.

I pout and hug myself when I think he’s leaving. He signals with his chin this time, for me to get under the covers, and I shake my head like a stubborn child before I move to him to feel his arms wrap around me.

It’s the heat of his body and the smell of his skin that’ll help me get over this. Back in the Navajo Reservoir, I didn’t have either of them which made the process even more grueling. It’s why I’m so hesitant to climb in the bed without him and he realizes it, so he starts undressing himself to let it be perfectly clear to me that he wasn’t going anywhere.

But I stay where I stand.

It’s been so long since I’ve touched him…held him…it’s been too long.

“Come on,” he orders softly, dressed in nothing but his boxer briefs as he guides me back to bed.

I climb in slowly as he holds the covers up for me and await the security of his body over mine. On a normal day, being in the comforts of his arms would be all I would need to feel secure, but “normal” isn’t today. I needed to feel smothered by his body over mine, to know we were as close as we could possibly get without being sexually intimate.

Giving in to my nudging hand, Max pushes himself up by his elbow and veils my body with his. I place a thankful kiss on his shoulder and then hug him down on me, feeling the incentive need to cry again.

“Liz, I would wait until you’re ready to talk, but I don’t know what’s happening to you, so please tell me.” His plea reaches his eyes, filling up with love, concern, and the wish to protect me. Things I needed more than I thought I did and it’s a wonder how I made it this far without them.

“When Rev-when he-last month…”

“Liz, just say it,” he pleads with more desperation as he caresses my cheek with his hand.

“How do you want me to explain it Max?” I reply in aggravated mousy tone. “H-how do you expect me to just tell you that your ultimate enemy is inside my head, doing things to me in my mind, the same things he told you he would do to me when he was torturing you back at Antar, Max? How?”

His face goes blank and he doesn’t say anything. It wasn’t the exact response I imagined but the way I told him wasn’t exactly on my ‘best way to tell Max’ list either. But the point at hand is that I told him. It’s like a terrible weight has been lifted off my shoulders, but sadly, they have come crashing down on Max’s.

I know that he had no intentions of ever telling me what Rev did to him. It was almost like he was ashamed. Why, I don’t know. But I can try to find out.

“Max, the things he did to you…”

“I don’t want to talk about that Liz.” He answers coldly before rolling off me to lie on his back and then starts rubbing his eyes.

“Why?” I couldn’t understand for the life of me why he would talk to me about it. I mean, the only reason I even found out about what Rev did to him was because of Greer and Walt Crawford and the stomach turning flashes I got from Rev.

I never heard it from him.

Instead, as a result of touching him, I find myself in the dizzying folds of Max’s memories.

A flash.

Max screaming in complete torment while Rev smashes each off his toes one by one while he interrogates him.

"Vorbes geb lau Granilith?"

Up until a month ago, I would’ve been lost from the gibberish Rev spoke, but since I’ve connected with him, they’re as clear as day.

He wants to know where the Granilith is.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about.” Max answers him with a shiver.

He’s afraid. Well of course he is, he went from a 17-year-old student to prisoner of war in the blink of an eye, aging somewhere in between our worlds.

“I don’t know!” He shouts back. Rev lifts the abusing object in his hand and I turn away just as he brought it hurling down on Max’s toe. “Noooooooooooo!”

God, his scream.

His pain.

His tears.

I can’t bear witness to such an awful thing and not be able to do something.

"Dac, laut imu kelb ceut seiuse, Liz."

“You stay they hell away from her!”

“Laut vorbes geb lau Granilith?”

“I told you already, I don’t know!”

Rev lifts the object again, but before he slams it down on the next toe, the vision escapes me and I’m back in the room with Max standing up by the bed.

“You shouldn’t of done that, Liz,” he warns me with his dark eyes flickering with hints of gold, “I told you I didn’t want to talk about it.”

“I didn’t do it on purpose,” I defend as I sit up on the bed.

“It’s private Liz,” he responds as he starts pacing back and forth by the door.

I get up from the bed, with a pillow clutched closely to me, and then follow behind him, “why don’t you want to talk to me about it?”

“Just drop the damn issue Liz!” He shouts, making me jump back by the animosity of his voice. I stay shocked until the glare of his dark eyes softens and he rubs his chin with the palm of his hand before he tries to speak again.

“Not once,” I state as I point to him accusingly, “since I’ve known you, not once have you ever talked to me like that.” I annunciate to him, biting back my anger. “Not once,” I repeat before I turn on my heel and start to scoop up my clothes as I continue to bitch. Yes, I said it, bitch. “All I asked was for you to let me in…”

“I will, but not when you want,” he answers when I sit at the end of the bed and slip my legs in my jeans one at a time.

“Oh, when I want. You mean just like you weren’t pressuring me into telling you about Rev, right?” I ask as I hop the rest of the way into my jeans and then fasten the zipper and button.

“I wasn’t going into convulsions Liz.”

“No, you weren’t,” I snap back as I slip on my socks and then tackle the job of putting on my gym shoes, “instead your eyes were glowing, oh, but that was after they turned black so no worries there.”

“You don’t understand Liz…”

“Right, Max, and that’s why I was asking you to help me to understand,” I retort as put my tank top on, “but you had to pull the King card on me.”

“Where are you going?”

“I need to be away right now,” I retort as I flip my hair out from underneath my shirt and then move to the door.

“Typical,” he huffs, placing his hands on his side.

“Excuse me?”

“It’s typical that you’re running away, just like you do with all your problems,” he answers firmly as he crosses his arm.

“I do not…”

“Don’t stand there and deny it Liz. When the thing with the baby happened, you left.”

“The thing with the baby? That thing with the baby, as you so eloquently put it, happened to be the most torturous thing I had to deal with.”

Torturous? You have no clue what torture is, Liz,” he snickers with a patronizing chuckle.

“Don’t give me that bull Max. Torture is what I went through when you left me alone for almost a year. Torture is what I went through when Rev practically beat the life out of me in this room and made me miscarry. Torture is a whole month to think that I could’ve had a life growing inside me instead of having to deal with Rev being inside my head. So don’t act like you’re the only one that knows the true meaning of torture, okay? I dealt with it alone…”

“Because you chose to,” he shouts back, but I turn on my heel and leave the room, while he follows, still lecturing me, “Why can’t you face what’s happening to you, to us, with me? Why do you always have to run?”

“Who said I’m running?” I ask when we reach the living room.

“So it’s not your back I’m seeing?”

“Right, like you’re not enjoying watching my back.” I snap back as I turn to face him with my hands on my hips.

“Um, Liz?” Maria calls out.

I could only hear her because, at the moment, the only person I can focus on is Max, who's making me see red.

“What the hell is he doing here?” Max questions bluntly when I feel someone tap on my shoulder.

“Like I was saying Liz, you have a visitor.” Maria coughs out by Michael as she points to Eddie, who smiles at me.

“Eddie?” I exhale in surprise, completely forgetting that he was coming over and then look to Max to see Maria eyeing him with her eyebrow arched.

“Hey, Moon Doggie, you do know that you’re out her in boxers, right? Not that I’m complaining or anything.”

“What?” Both Michael and me say at the same time.

“Just checking if anyone was listening to me.”

“We are,” I answer and then look to Eddie, “um, Eddie, this is kind of not a good time right now,” I stammer as I rub my forehead.

“Did you have another episode?” He asks concerned as he stepped closer and placed his hand on my shoulder.

“Yeah, but I’m okay,” I assure him before Max appears by my side and smacks Eddie’s hand off my shoulder. “Max.”

“She said it wasn’t a good time right now,” Max threatens after I warn him.

“Well, I can wait.”

“Or you can leave.” Max snaps back but Eddie doesn’t back down.

“Max, stop it,” I warn again, filling the tense space between the two and look up at them, suddenly realizing how short I am.

“Why? If your boyfriend can’t handle it, then I think he should leave,” Max suggest sarcastically as he crosses his arms.

“Max I don’t need to deal with your jealousy right now, okay?”

“I’m not jealous. I’m angry. There’s a difference. You‘d probably notice it if you’re not too busy hanging around with Reservoir Dog here.”

“Whatever,” I roll my eyes and then turn away to look at Eddie, who seems to be confident despite Max’s behavior, “because you’re not distracted with Tess parading around you, right? Or is it Ava? I can’t remember who it is these days.”

“Well, as long as we’re on the Ava, we might as well bring up Zan, right?”

“Zan?” I repeat with a snort, “why would you bring him up?”

“Forgot about Tombstone already?”

“Oh, Max, get serious. You still can’t really be on that after all this time.”

“Yeah, I am. Something about seeing my girlfriend climbing out of a hotel window, wearing close to nothing, to have secret rendezvous with someone who isn’t me, tends to stay with me for a while.”

“I wasn’t your girlfriend then.”

“I don’t remember us breaking up.”

“Max, stop it.”

"No. Admit it. You were attracted to Zan."

"No, Max, I wasn't."

"He looks just like him." Leave it to Michael to point out the obvious and judging from Max's expression, I can safely assume he agrees.

"I think I noticed that, Michael," I snap back in response to his oh so helpful analysis, "but I didn't fall in love with Max because of how he looks."

It had to be in impulse, or maybe the mere fact that he was in the living room wearing nothing but his boxer briefs. But the second I said that, I scan Max's body with my eyes and bite on my bottom lip, loving what I see. It's a gaze that doesn't go unnotice because when I'm done sight-seeing, he's looking at my with his eyebrow arched and the smuggest smirk I have ever seen him bear.

So, naturally, I arch my eyebrow to challenge him.

"Oh, that was so sweet," Maria wooed, right after I spoke, folding her hands by her heart and fluttering her eyelashes to Michael, who snorted in annoyance, winning himself a well deserved smack on the arm.

"Shut up Maria," I exhale with tinkering annoyance as I roll my eyes and then return to my bickering with Max. At least that's what I think it still is, because before, he looked angry, ready to do whatever Max, the Raging Bull, does when he's angry. But now, his features mellowed to a piercing demeanor that has me feeling...not mad anymore.
<center>Image
Crashdown_51
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Crashdown_51 »

Author's Note: Sorry about the dreadfully long wait for an update. Life for me sucks at the moment, but I'm working on all my fics, so hopefully I have something this week to post for you all. A million sorries for the wait. :oops:
<center>Image