When the heck IS Max's birthday anyway? The Roscanon thread

Have a challenge you'd like to see written? Have an idea that just won't get out of your head? Want to talk anything and everything fanfic or writer related? This is the place.

Moderators: ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

isabelle
Roswell Fanatic

Re: When the heck IS Max's birthday anyway? The Roscanon thread

Post by isabelle »

Of course, Isabel had dreams of being with Michael and having a baby. That would seem to verify that she was the one engaged to the king's second. (Unless Michael was the king -- but Max had the seal and there was no mind-warper nearby, so that doesn't seem likely.)
It's possible that those dreams were a result of Tess' mind-warp, but we never saw her exibit signs of being mindwarped. (Yeah, I know Max never did the finger drumming thing, either, but he's the healer. I figure he was automatically repairing any damage the mindwarp created.) Or maybe the finger-drumming only happens when humans are mindwarped.
nibbles2
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by nibbles2 »

I think it was an instinctive thing, Isabel and Max knew from the very beginning that they were brother and sister, they all knew instinctively that Max was the leader. Plus the dreams and the books confimred the intended pairings.
cardinalgirl
Addicted Roswellian

Post by cardinalgirl »

There's also the fact that the Dupes had the same names as their predecessors, or so we were led to believe so long as Lonnie/Vilandra was concerned. I think that's probably the strongest argument.

But man, I would LOVE to see a fic where Tess was Vilandra.
isabelle
Roswell Fanatic

Post by isabelle »

cardinalgirl wrote:But man, I would LOVE to see a fic where Tess was Vilandra.
Ditto for that!

A different question -- this one for the books rather than the show. I understand that Kyle got powers in the later book series. What powers did he get?
StarJet
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by StarJet »

cardinalgirl wrote:There's also the fact that the Dupes had the same names as their predecessors, or so we were led to believe so long as Lonnie/Vilandra was concerned. I think that's probably the strongest argument.
I never understood how the dupes (who were in fact a defective set) knew all about their former lives. And how did they meet Nicholas and get into this whole intergalactic business?
isabelle
Roswell Fanatic

Post by isabelle »

The dupes talked about the shapeshifter who told them who they were. There's an assumption that they were talking about Cal Langley rather than Nacedo (Ed Harding), since Ed was busy raising Tess. Cal didn't seem to feel any need to get them into proper homes but he did tell them about Antar.

As for Nicholas, I think he found them. Probably following the signal that the Dupes got concerning the Summit, just like the found the Roswell Pod Squad by following the signal they got from Max's mom.
cardinalgirl
Addicted Roswellian

Post by cardinalgirl »

StarJet wrote:I never understood how the dupes (who were in fact a defective set) knew all about their former lives. And how did they meet Nicholas and get into this whole intergalactic business?
To be honest I never believed that the dupes had actually known a "protector" at all. The only mention of him at all is by Tess, which Lonnie evades entirely:
MAX: So this was where you were born?
LONNIE: Day one. Wake up...break through the membranes, step out of the pods into a brave new world of the sewers.
TESS: And...and now you live here?
RATH: Beats livin' in Brooklyn.
TESS: S-so, why did your protector bring your pods to New York? And why put you in the sewers?
LONNIE: What is up with you and all these questions about the shapeshifter?
From that I'd always personally thought that they didn't really have a protector... especially concerning that Cal later on doesn't mention anything about them, but he's obviously been watching Max, because he knows about his family, Liz, etc. I think that they learned about the shapeshifters from Nicholas, and that Nicholas found them simply because... well, they weren't exactly careful about their powers, were they?

Also, I'd always thought that the Dupes just had more memories than the Rospod squad, partially because of the name thing, the fact that they knew their "positions," and that Lonnie remembered so much (apparently). BUT, that all could have been told them by protectors and/or Nicholas, SO. Basically that was just another big part where the writers FAILED to fully explain themselves. It's open to a lot of interpretation. Thus, fanfic.
Jezebel Jinx
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Jezebel Jinx »

Does anybody know what Mary Dupree and Bobby Dupree's (Laurie's Aunt and Uncle) relationship was? I can't remember if they were siblings or married.

Thanks. :)
Sig made by AngelFaith
My Fics
Ships: Bangel~Spuffy~Polar~Jumper~Drifter~X-tremer~Awakened Dreamer~Catfighter~Naley~Rogan~Liason~Chilly~Delena~Sebasthryn~Ezria~Jaylee
tequathisy
Addicted Roswellian

Post by tequathisy »

It's very weird and I don't think it was ever explained properly. I think they were brother and sister but there was definitely a strange vibe between the pair.
Banner by Evelyn
Jezebel Jinx
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Jezebel Jinx »

tequathisy wrote:It's very weird and I don't think it was ever explained properly. I think they were brother and sister but there was definitely a strange vibe between the pair.
That's what I thought too. I had recently watched the four eps with Laurie Dupree and after I was done I couldn't get a clear picture on what the aunt and uncle's relationship was. Didn't know if I missed it or what. :lol:
Sig made by AngelFaith
My Fics
Ships: Bangel~Spuffy~Polar~Jumper~Drifter~X-tremer~Awakened Dreamer~Catfighter~Naley~Rogan~Liason~Chilly~Delena~Sebasthryn~Ezria~Jaylee