Movie discussions

Share stuff not relating to Roswell here (that means TV, movies, books, other forms of entertainment, school, work...everything)

Moderators: singerchic4, Forum Moderators

Lillie
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Lillie »

ISLANDGIRL5 wrote:haha. Flabby butt, that was a turn off, lol. Marine's are supposed to be built. NOt flabby, not even like that little runt with the glasses that cried in the movie, heeeee.

As for the cussing, I used to have to remind my friends all the time. They got used to it, I guess. Hey, I've even got a couple of em trained that when one does slip in front of me, they apologize! LOL.
LOL. Jake's butt was just not very nice to look at, and I love the guy. I do believe that the movie put things in a bit of perspective for me, since my guy (who's in the marines) is going to Iraq in March. I mean, I know that it won't be like that, but still sort of.

The one thing that I really hated was how they portrayed the women, with the wall of shame and the wife who sends the video to her husband. That woman pissed me off, no matter what your husband had done to her, that was just such a horrible way to get your revenge, especially in front of all of his friends. She was evil. :twisted:

It's funny, every time I call my guy's work and his corporal answers, he tells me things like, "Oh, he went UA." and I'm like, "Again?" He loves to give me a little bit of a hard time, maybe I call too much? But I'm gonna start telling his corporal to tell him things like, "Well, I'm going to Mexico and I'll call you later. Or, I'm going to Vegas and I'm gonna gamble all your money away." LOL. My funky sense of humor. LOL. He wants to play with me, I'll play with him.
:lol:
RosDude
Addicted Roswellian

Post by RosDude »

I saw Brokeback Mountain and to tell you the truth I don’t really see what the big ass deal is.

Though I do have to give credit where credit is due. It was some of the best acting of Heath Ledger’s career, but other than that the movie was boring. I think that the only reason that this movie has such Oscar Buzz as they call it is because it’s about two gay guys. That is the only thing remotely interesting about it. They’re gay…so what? It is my opinion that if the story were about two heterosexual people it wouldn’t be any more or less Oscar worthy then it is. Which, to me, it isn’t. Give me a story that isn’t just supposed to stand on the fact that they’re two gay guys. The story lacks real substance. As it is it could be about an interaction couple or a couple where one of the people is older, or a lesbian couple or two midgets, or just any normal couple.

But in Hollywood controversies often makes a hit.

My opinion, the story was terrible! If you take the whole gay thing out you will see what I mean. It was about two people constantly lying to their spouses so that could have an affair. Even if you try and examine it as a story of “Star Crossed Lovers” it’s still not very romantic.

From what I could gather from the movie. Jake Gyllenhaal’s character just liked to sleep with men in general. There was this part in the movie where he tells Ennis that he doesn’t understand how bad it gets sometime. Well, obviously it gets so bad that Jack takes it upon himself to flirt with every man he’s alone with.

Another big part of the movie has to deal with Jack wanting Ennis and himself to live together, but Ennis does not want to. I get the feeling from these scenes that we are supposed to sympathize with Jack. Well, to me all of Ennis’s reasons for not wanting to “shack up” with Jack are legitimate. The two of them live two completely different lives as anyone who has seen the movie will agree, and it is clear that Ennis does not have the same freedom that Jack does.

Maybe I’m thickheaded or not as emotional as the rest of the world, but I don’t see the “beautifulness” of the story or the movie that makes it so phenomenal.
CandyDreamQueen
Addicted Roswellian

Post by CandyDreamQueen »

Just out of curiosity, what is everyone’s favorite movie? Mine is definitely without a doubt The Count of Monte Cristo, hence the quote :roll: .

I swear I watch it about twenty times a week, I love it that much. I even watch it before I go to bed and sometimes a fall asleep with on. I love it love it love it! But ironically enough, I hated the book lol.

So anyone else got a favorite movie?
pLANETv33n3ss
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by pLANETv33n3ss »

i saw walk the line on the plane a couple weeks ago and i really enjoyed it,
phoenix (i can't spell his first name) and reece witherspoon did a great job i reackon, and they both have amazing voices
i also recently saw eurotrip... althou it was an entirely stupid movie.. i really had a good time watching it,
and i have to say, matt damon's band 'lustra' did a brilliant job with their song 'scotty doesn't know'
LovinGuerin2Much
Addicted Roswellian

Post by LovinGuerin2Much »

I just saw that movie Red Eye with the chick from The Notebook...total waste of money and time... I actually started laughing like crazy at the end, cause I couldnt belive that it really ended the way it did... but whatever...

I also saw that Resse W and Mark Rufallo movie "Just like Heaven" or something like that... I thought it was really cute and funny.. kinda cheesy but over all not to shabby....

I AM ANXIOUSLY awaiting "HP, Goblet of Fire" to come out on DVD March 7th...wooo hoooo!
FSU/MSW-94
Forum Moderator

Post by FSU/MSW-94 »

I just rented Just Like Heaven and it was cute and really funny :lol: Mark Ruffalo and Reese Witherspoon were funny together and their chemistry was great. I also liked Reese's performance in Walk the Line and I really hope she wins the Oscar :D She had amazing chemistry with Joaquin Phoenix :oops:
La'Shon

Round 9 & Round 11
Morning Dreamgirl
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Morning Dreamgirl »

Right now I'm hooked on the 2002 version of Count of Monte Cristo.

I'm a girl, but I'm still into action movies. Braveheart is probably one of my favs. As is LotR, and so many others. I do like chick-flicks though.

Ever After, The Notebook, and A Walk to Remember all rock!

I end up surprising alot of guys though when I'm stuck to the screen when a battle scene is going on! LOL!

Ashley
Zanssoulmate08
Addicted Roswellian
Location: In my happy place, entertaining myself with shiny objects.

Post by Zanssoulmate08 »

I just saw The Shipping News, and while I'll admit that I rented it to see Jason Behr, I actually really enjoyed the story. Also, I've got to say that the all time best movie ever would have to be Casablanca... I'm a sucker for old movies!

-Sarah

Once upon a time in a faraway kingdom,
Man made up a story, said that I should believe him.
Go and tell your white knight that he’s handsome in hindsight,
But I don’t want the next best thing.
So I sing, I hold my head down, and I break these walls ’round me.
Can’t take no more of your fairytale love.
Poison Ivy
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Poison Ivy »

My all time favourite movie(s) is the Sissi trilogy. They are from the '50, but I absolutely adore them!

And I'm also a sucker for love stories :)

xxx ivy
My Fics

"There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness. " --- Friedrich Nietzche
Fehr'sBear
Roswell Fanatic

Post by Fehr'sBear »

So, not sure if anyone's seen them, or already talked about them here, but have you guys seen Saw 1 or The Village?

God, the village was SOOOO weird, but in a good way, and Saw was just creepy. Any comments?